• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate my team!

1: - Roserade
Nature: Modest
EVs: Special Attack/Speed
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset: Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, Shadow Ball

2: Lapras
EVs: HP/Special Attack
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Brine, Ice Beam, Rest

3: Garchomp
Nature: Addamant
EVs: Attack/Speed
Item: Bright Powder
Moveset: Dig, Dragon Claw, Swords Dance, Fire Fang

4: Magnezone
EVs: Special Attack/Defense
Item: Occa Berry
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise, Mirror Coat

5: Tyranitar
Nature: Addamant
EVs: Attack/HP
Item: Wide Lens
Moveset: Crunch, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Avalanche

6: Shuckle
Nature: Careful
EVs: Defense/Special Defense
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Attract, Toxic, Wrap, Safeguard

Garchomp- Is my lead and holds a focus sash to avoid an OHKO. It has dig because I do a lot of double battles and I do not have a flying type so I like to avoid killing my own team with it's power.

Lapras- My personal favorite of this team for its ability to learn one move, Thunderbolt. If my Lapras goes out against a water type that knows one ice and one water move, as most water types do, I absorb the water attack with Water absorb and take little damage from the ice attack. I can then easily fry their pokemon.

Roserade- A basic special attack sweeper, and a great one. It took my a while to breed extrasensory onto it, but I did  ;D.

Magnezone- Not really a sweeper or supporter, but with its high Special attack and good defenses it makes a fairily well rounded fill-in.

Tyranitar- My phisical sweeper, it covers most of its weaknesses and has the ability ro trump multiple types.

Shuckle- My wall. I prefer it over Blissey as it can take much more beating IMO. And use more status burning as well (I would give it Confuse Ray if I could). Shuckletakes damage for me. End of discusiion.

So I need help with what Items I should use and maybe with some of my movesets. If you didn't notice, its pretty much a sandstorm team, Lapras is in there to catch my enemy off-guard and take out their water type thats beating on my t-tar or shuckle.

All of my pokemon are EVed to 255 in the stats that they are EVed in... if that makes any sense. lol.

I have obtained 2 of almost every item you could ever want to use in a battle.

I will be updating the movestes and such as I get sugestions.

EDIT:
Lol sorry for that typo in Shuckle's name, fixed it now. I also added some of Ruko's suggestions.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
First of all could you please correct the typo in shuckle's name... I can't think right when I'm looking at that :p

All of your movesets look pretty good... Dig in place of Earthquake for a double battle is nice in my opinion.

I'd like to make a suggestion for Shuckle though... Consider replacing Sandstorm on it for something else, I think that if you have a Sandstorm in effect and then send out Tyranitar the endless sandstorm it summons won't come into play. That and all you have to do is send out Tyranitar before Shuckle for the Benefits of it. Consider maybe Rest instead, and then leave the Leftovers to Lapras for what I'm going to say in a bit about team order.

I'd also suggest Hydro Pump, Brine, or Water Pulse in place of Surf on Lapras since Surf will hit your allies...

I've got a suggestion about your team order too.
Don't lead off with Garchomp, since it or Tyranitar is likely your most powerful, that isn't a good strategy. I'd suggest leading with Roserade [since it can be hurt by Sandstorm] and sweeping as long as you can. Then send out Tyranitar to start up the sandstorm if the placement is right [Flying, Fire, or ice most likely KO'd Roserade] After Tyranitar does that do what you will.

If Lapras has leftovers, it will perfectly match the damage that Sandstorm does, though you lose the Rest + Chesto.

Garchomp's Sand Veil now comes into play, and consider giving it BrightPowder on top of it ;p

Magnezone is resistant, so no worries there.

Shuckle now has an opening for a new move, since you don't need Sandstorm anymore.

[I had some more to say, but I have to go now]

I just thought about something! If I have a sandstorm going won't it cut my magnezone's accuracy with Thunderbolt? (someone tell me for sure please)
I'll give it a wide lens if it does.

I'd like to make a suggestion for Shuckle though... Consider replacing Sandstorm on it for something else, I think that if you have a Sandstorm in effect and then send out Tyranitar the endless sandstorm it summons won't come into play. That and all you have to do is send out Tyranitar before Shuckle for the Benefits of it. Consider maybe Rest instead, and then leave the Leftovers to Lapras for what I'm going to say in a bit about team order.

I'd also suggest Hydro Pump, Brine, or Water Pulse in place of Surf on Lapras since Surf will hit your allies...

I've got a suggestion about your team order too.
Don't lead off with Garchomp, since it or Tyranitar is likely your most powerful, that isn't a good strategy. I'd suggest leading with Roserade [since it can be hurt by Sandstorm] and sweeping as long as you can. Then send out Tyranitar to start up the sandstorm if the placement is right [Flying, Fire, or ice most likely KO'd Roserade] After Tyranitar does that do what you will.

If Lapras has leftovers, it will perfectly match the damage that Sandstorm does, though you lose the Rest + Chesto.

Garchomp's Sand Veil now comes into play, and consider giving it BrightPowder on top of it ;p
I'll have to play-test the infinate sandstorm that Tyranitar's ability hopefuly creates, and the team order switch makes sense, Ill just switch Garchomp and Roserade. I'm not sure what to give shuckle though... OMG I got it :D. Shuckle can't learn a confuse move, but I can give it attract, that's probably my best bet.
And maybe I'll give my Focus Sash to Roserade, I really hate losing a man on my first turn :-/.

You need a Garchomp Double battle set?

Garchomp@BrightPowder
Adamant
Dig
Shadow Claw
Dragon Rush
Fire Fang

Dragon Rush and Dig for STAB, Shadow Claw because It has a high Critical hit Ratio. Fire Fang covers your Ice weakness.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
ew... Dragon Rush is too inaccurate..

and no, Sandstorm only cuts the accuracy of Thunder, and weakens the power of Solarbeam as well as making it take two turns. Other attacks such as Morning sun, that say they vary by weather will also be weakened

Something I picked up from Figs, try Flash instead of Attract on Shuckle ;p
it gets really annoying as it stacks up

Something I picked up from Figs, try Flash instead of Attract on Shuckle;p
it gets really annoying as it stacks up

I was actually thinking about that one while I was browsing Serebii earlier, but that makes more sense. Attract only works 50% of the time, but flash works 100%.
thanks again