• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate my Team & Advice Please

Flygon | Nature : Modest | Item : Zoom Lens

Attack : 131
Defense : 116
Sp. Attack : 125
Sp. Def : 113
Speed : 150
Hp : 197

Current Moveset
DragonBreath
Swagger
Earthquake

Kingdra |Nature : Naughty | Item : Lum Berry
Attack: 96
Defense : 84
Sp. Atk : 84
Sp. Def : 72
Speed : 81
HP : 112

Current Moveset
BubbleBeam
Agility
Twister
Brine

Larvitar | Nature : Naive | No Item At The Moment
Attack : 6
Defense : 6
Sp. Atk : 5
Sp. Def : 5
Speed : 5
HP : 12

Current Moveset

Bite
Leer
Outrage
Dragon Dance

I'm still deciding on my additional 3 pokemon.. im taking suggestions for those.
Also I want suggestions on movesets.. and which IVs or EVs or whatever they're called for each pokemon.
:)

Thanks In Advance

O.K, Modest nature increases Sp.Attack but decrease's Attack, so that balance out your Sp.Attack and you Attack (both now have a base stat of 90 with Natures). So, for your moveset I recommend:

Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw/ Crunch
Earthquake
Flamethrower

You should have 126 Attack Ev's, 126 Sp.Atc Ev's, 252 Speed Ev's, and 4 Hp Ev's

Your Kingdra's Naughty Nature increases Attack and lower's Sp. Defence, so I recommend:

Waterfall
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Surf/ Flash Cannon/ Return at Max FriendShip

The Ev's should be the same as the Flygons

Kingdra doesn't have many good Physical attacks, so your best bet is making it a CB.

A good physical Tyranitar moveset would be:

Outrage
Earthquake
Rockslide or Stone Edge/ Crunch
Dragon Dance/ Crunch

You should give him 252 Attack Ev's, 252 Speed Ev's, and 4 HP Ev's

The other Pokemon you want to include are up to you, and I don't know a thing about IV's, sorry.

My best pokemon is Empoleon at lv.100

EMPOLEON: aqua jet, surf, rock smash, and hydro cannon

HO-OH lv.70: recover, fire blast, sunny day, swift

(shinie)STARARTOR lv.41: wing attck, aerial ace, close combat, quick attack

TORTERRA lv. 73: solarbeam, leaf storm, frenzy plant, razor leaf

JIRACHI lv.33: wish, confusion, rest, psychic

CHARIZARD lv.65: fire spin, blast burn, heat wave, flamethrower

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
That post has just earned you a n00bing.

that post is not at all relevant to the team in question here. qualifying it as spam.
Furthermore, if you were posting that as a team you want help with, you should really read Jetters' thread here

enjoy the Realm of n00bs ;)

O.K, Modest nature increases Sp.Attack but decrease's Attack, so that balance out your Sp.Attack and you Attack (both now have a base stat of 90 with Natures). So, for your moveset I recommend:

[glow=red,2,300]Draco Meteor[/glow]
Dragon Claw/ Crunch
Earthquake
Flamethrower

You should have 126 Attack Ev's, 126 Sp.Atc Ev's, 252 Speed Ev's, and 4 Hp Ev's

Your Kingdra's Naughty Nature increases Attack and lower's Sp. Defence, so I recommend:

Waterfall
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Surf/ Flash Cannon/ Return at Max FriendShip

The Ev's should be the same as the Flygons

Kingdra doesn't have many good Physical attacks, so your best bet is making it a CB.

A good physical Tyranitar moveset would be:

Outrage
Earthquake
Rockslide or Stone Edge/ Crunch
Dragon Dance/ Crunch

You should give him 252 Attack Ev's, 252 Speed Ev's, and 4 HP Ev's

The other Pokemon you want to include are up to you, and I don't know a thing about IV's, sorry.

How do you get Draco Meteor ?

How do you get Draco Meteor ?
its a Move Tutor attack for Flygon.

Here are my fav builds for the pokemon you mentionned.
252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe are ideal EVs
Flygon w/Choice Scarf (that makes it out run alot of threats)
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fireblast/Flame Thrower
Stone Edge

Sadly Flygon doesnt run an amazing Special Move pool so I would consider rebreeding it for Naughty/Lonely Natures. EVs go in Atk, Spe Atk and Speed for this build (max attack is prefered)

Your Kingdra would be perfect for a mixed set if it had swift swim but since you told us in chat yesterday it was sniper id have to do with a DD set:
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe are ideal EVs
Item: Scope Lens
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Return
- Substitute

Tyranitar w/Choice Scarf (makes it surprisingly fast with your nature)
72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe are ideal EVs.
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Thunderbolt

These are mostly covering moves, you can always go all out offence with Outrage, Stone edge and other moves of the sort. It depends alot on the metagame you play in.

If you would use the sets I mentionned above and even in general your team lacks support and tanks so I would propose the following helpers:

Vaporeon w/Leftovers
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA are ideal for this standard set.
Brave Nature
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect / Yawn

This way you have some healing support for your other more offensive pokemon. Plus Vapreon can wall people rather well with Wish/Protect.

Bronzong w/Leftovers
252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpA are ideal for this build
Levitate trait
- Block
- Charge Beam
- Toxic
- Rest

A cheap but very effective set for the tank of the year. Its a lil tricky to pull off sometimes since some people actually expect it and will switch to a counter right away but it may just take out a major threat for your team for you. A traditional Support build would work pretty well also (Gyro Ball/Stealth Rock/Hypnosis/Reflect or Light Screen).

I cant really think up a sixth but its really all up to you for what you use. And it depends alot on the environment you play in. Beest of luck and I hope this helped you out.

Draco Meteor

No, just no. Draco Meteor is mostly an attack you can use a few times before your Sp. Atk Plummets sharply.

Its easy to get around that with a scarf just pop in, Meteor for kill and pop back out. The loss of Sp. Attack is gone and you can do it again. Its obviously not for repeated use.