• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Question for my Pearl game I baught on Ebay

S

skyler

Hey i was just wondeing do you need to buy something to go Wi Fi on diamond and pearl because ive been asking on other sites and some have said yes and some have sed no can anyone tell me whos right and whos wrong???

It all depends on some very important factors. This is probably the most important:

Do you have broadband internet?

If you do, you should have a wireless router in your home. All you need to do is link your DS to that router. Consult the Wi-Fi manual in every and any Wi-Fi game for more information If the answer to this question is no, then ask yourself this:

Do I have Windows XP on my computer?

If so, then you'll need to buy a WFC USB Connector. I see em all the time at my local Target, but that fact may vary depending on where you live. If you answered no to both questions, then you'll have to find a Wi-Fi hotspot near you. This link'll help:

Link to finding a local hotspot

Hope that helped!

S

skyler

well someone told me that at the wireless thing you plug a nds usb cord can that work

well heres the answer if you have a wierless router with broadband internet you can connect but if you dont you can go to a game store and buy a nintendo wifi usb connector I have this and it works great...

But still with that you need a windows xp
and a broadband internet

I hope this infor helped

Olek

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you have Wifi and the USB connector installed properly, then yeah, that's all you need. Just remember to go into your WiFi options for Pearl on start up and create a connection using the USB Connector first. It'll test it out to see if it works properly.

Also remember to check the PC that you hooked the connector to. The WiFi Connector Registration Tool will pop up with a message asking you to verify the user trying to connect, and if you don't accept it you won't be able to use it.

My Broadband isn't wireless, so I had to get a Nintendo Wi-Fi Dongle for £29.99. It plugs into a USB port and you can use it to connect to the internet with your Wii or DS.

If your Broadband is wireless however, you should have a wireless router. For information on connecting using a wireless router, consult your instruction manuals for your DS and your Preal game.