• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PSP: Reccommended games?

Due to my recent academic achievements, I have had the choice between an iPOD and a PSP. Being a super-nerd, I took the PSP offer. However, I am at a loss as to what games I should buy. I have a two-game limit for now, and one of them is definitely filled with Silent Hill: Origins. I adore the series, and have beaten 1-3. So - I come to all of you asking: what games would you refer me to buy for the PSP? If possible, any informational links or official websites would be nice. Thank you! :)

(I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, I will obliterate the topic immediately.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure you've bought the games by now, but I shall ask anyways XD

What styles of games do you enjoy the most? Without knowing that, I can't really suggest any definite titles to you. Action? Adventure? RPGs? Tactics? Sim or Puzzler...? Knowing this would help because, from my experience? It's frelling tough to find good games on PSP in some of these areas.

I've been trying hard to justify my purchase of my own... but it's not happening xp

I enjoy action/horror/suspense/mystery. I blasted through Professor Layton, Rule of Rose, Silent Hill 1-3 (I'm in the second part of Origins and I've had it for a day), Grand Theft Auto (Though I just put in cheats and run around. And sometimes do the quests. XD). I have really varied tastes. But, again, I'd classify myself as somewhere around Action/Quest/Suspense/Puzzle/Mystery/Horror. (:

It makes me sad that Rule of Rose is banned almost everywhere. I got it while it was still out. P: I think it's still out, though, maybe. I dunno.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Not my areas of expertise, to be honest. I was hoping someone else would step in with some suggestions... >>;

Supposedly the God of War games for PSP are fairly good, as is the Ratchet and Clank game. Those are the sorts you'd probably only buy if you didn't have a PS2/3, though... Would an action game like Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core interest you? It was recently released and seems to be getting decent reviews.

Not to much else I can suggest since I haven't played many PSP games beyond puzzlers, tactics', and RPGs. Sorry XD Check out some websites like gamerankings.com maybe for scores and player reviews?

I'll be sure to do something of the sorts. (:
(I really would suggest the Silent Hill series, if you can stomach it and if your wallet can handle it. xP The first few for PS2 can take a chunk sometimes.)

i agree with linkachu, you should get Final Fantay 7: Crisis Core, if you're interested in that kind of game. If you have questions about the game, pm, i have it. ;D