• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Professor Cypress' Research Helpers

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Dear Applicant,

Hello, my name is Professor Cypress, and I'm running a lab in the Kanto Region. After earning my degree in the studies of Pokemon, I've taken it upon myself to start up my research lab in Viridian City. Which is where you come in, after thoroughly looking through your papers, I've decided that you will be one of my research assistants. You will be working alongside a team of other applicants, and your work will primarily involve field research. I hope that working together will help us grasp a better understanding of this fascinating world we live in. I hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,
Joseph Cypress

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

It was early in the morning as a Dodrio cried out loudly to wake the citizens of Viridian City, their screaming rang in every house waking up even the heaviest of sleepers. As the sun slowly rose in the east, people got up to begin their day.

At the top of a hill stood a glass-encased dome, labeled as "Professor Cypress' Research Lab." Inside there were a few scientists getting up to get some of the machines started up. As the computers and machines all whirled to like a man walked in, he had black hair that was starting to go grey, a formal blue dress shirt, and come beige pants. He put on a pair of glasses and slipped his lab coat on. He yawned and waved to his co-workers.

"Good morning Professor!" one waved, the others waved and sat down to go through data.

"Good morning!" the man waved as a Pokemon with a large ladybug back and a smaller body was floating towards the Professor, "Yes, yes, good morning to you too Orbeetle," the Professor smiled.
---------------------
Outside, walking down the street, Jason was making his way alongside his Indeedee named Hart. After submitting and being accepted as a field researcher to the Professor, Jason was ready to begin his work with Professor Cypress. As Jason got closer he waited, a little nervous but ready to step into the lab.

Bella Knox was the girl who would take the world by storm and it showed in the way that she packed up a bag and flew to whole new region to help with some professor's research. Bella had been known to want to dabble in research as well. Though she wanted study the bonds between trainer and pokemon as the preformed in a battle setting.

Lola was hung onto the red head's shoulder. Bella's hair almost covered the pink furred fluff of the bunny pokemon. Though Bella knew if the bunny was to be let down on the ground, she would have ran off ahead. "Ya know Lola, I have a great feelin' about today. It's theh start of out journey helpin' out the professor. Wonder what they have us do?"

Bella had thought about so much that she did not notice that she was on a path straight for someone standing in front of the lab. It took her a full minute before she bumped into the boy. Which snapped her out of her thoughts of the professor. "Aye, I am so sorry. I musta not been payin' attention to me surrounding there."

A young female scientist had gotten her mail while she was waiting patiently at her parent's ranch north of Mt. Moon. Excitedly opening her mail, she read it out loud in front of her six siblings, all just as strangely colored as her. Her four brothers and two sisters smiled excitedly. Their sister was making a name for herself and it was amazing that she was being recognized.

They all gave her a big hug, and the ecstatic researcher found her aging parents to give them a huge hug before taking her backpack and leaving with her Alolan Raichu surfing by her side. She hopped on her Hydreigon and flew off and away from her home, embracing the wind coursing through her while her Alolan Raichu sat in front of her. She couldn't contain her excitement, as it bubbled forth, making her usually silent and dangerous Hydreigon smile and roar excitedly as they came above the mountain ridge. The roar was so loud, it scared off some bird Pokemon off in Route 3 and a little bit of Route 2.

Flying straight to the Professor's lab, she saw two people standing in front of the lab. Wanting to make an entrance, she patted her Hydreigon's neck and sat straight up on his back. He dove downwards and was only eight feet above the ground when he twirled about, letting the scientist fall and twirl around herself as she landed and her Alolan Raichu fell and surfed to the ground. Her Hydreigon gave a parting roar before flying back to the ranch. Now, she was left in front of two people.

The apparent excitement hit her speech hard as she attempted to slow down a little and not sound so excited, but she was practically bouncing off the balls of her feet, making any attempt futile. "Hi, hi, the name is Shade and this is my partner, Chu, and that was my ride, Schwartz. Aren't you guys super excited to help Cypress?"

The bump ended up snapping Jason out of his own trance as he was lost in his thoughts for a moment as to whether or not this would be the right choice or not, just the thought made him panic inside a little. As Hart looked up at Bella that Jason curiously, Jason turned to the person who had bumped into him and began nervously apologizing.

"No no, you don't need to worry, it was my fault for standing in the path like that," Jason smiled as he rubbed his head, "My name is Jason, and this is my Indeedee, Hart," Jason explained as Hart took a bow to Bella and Lola. Jason didn't get much time to answer as he heard a loud roar above him, seeing someone jumping off of a Hydreigon, it intimidated him a little, "Hey there, my name is Jason," he greeted and upon hearing Shade's enthusiasm, Jason felt himself burning up and ready to get going as soon as possible, "Yeah, I'm stoked to the absolute max for this!"

"Well I'll be payin' more attention next time. The name is Bella Knox. It is nice to meet cha'." Bella had a large smile as she introduced herself.Shola on the other hand was watching the pokemon that Jason had with him.

Bella was glad to see that there are others that seem to be just as excited. It was going to be a fun journey if the boy and the purple haired girl were going to be going along as well. Though she would love to compare notes with Shade as she had followed some of her research before.

Turning to the girl who twirled off of her hydreagion, Bella smiled and her eyes became excited as she spoted the pokemon. "Well it is nice to meet cha'. My name is Bella Knox. The best up and comein' battle researcher there ever goin' to be. Though I have to say that I can not wait to be helpin' out the ole professor here as well."

Shade smiled at the two, before she saw the Indeedee. Having not seen a Pokemon from Galar before, she looked at the Pokemon with immense intrigue, a curious light sparkling in her eyes as she stared at Hart, then back up at Jason. "What is that Pokemon? Is that a Pokemon from the infamous Galar region I have yet to go to? Ohhh, it looks so cute. I heard there was a Pokemon that had a massive gender difference. Is this the species?"

It was clear Shade really wanted to know more about the Pokemon, especially since she had a feeling it was a part Psychic-Type, or maybe because it was just something new that she had never seen before. Regardless, Chu was starting to feed off her energy and a sweet pancake aroma left her cheeks as it began to sparkle with little electricity.

"Yeah, this is Hart, my parents had him and a female Indeedee brought in from the Galar Region when I was a kid," Jason explained as Hart seemed a little shy at being called cute for the first time. "The male Indeedee are usually caught as butlers and servants, while females are caught for caretaking," Jason smiled as he looked to Chu curiously, "Your Pokemon, it's a Raichu right? From another region?" he asked, not fully aware of regional differences.

Hart looked up at Chu curiously, with it being one of the first Pokemon it had met outside of Jason's parents Pokemon. Hart bowed to the Raichu carefully and calmly.

"I think the correct term would be Alolan Raichu. It would be from Alola. Though it is posible that the pokemon came from Kanto or another region, but maybe evolved in Alola from visiting there as it is posible for a pokemon from another region to evolve into that form if the pokemon was exposed to enough of the regions pokemon and environment for it evolve." Bella may not sound like she knew anything that would sound very smart, but she does have creative mind that allows her to think outside of the box for most things.

Shade smiled, but chuckled a little when she heard what Bella said. She shook her head, having evidence to contradict.

"This Alolan Raichu was born in Oblivia. Her mother was an Alolan Raichu directly from Alola. Even while we were in Kalos, exposure to a Thunder Stone caused her to evolve into an Alolan Raichu. It is by genetics that they evolved this way. But, for a Pikachu to have another branched evolution, it would mean that generations upon generations of Pikachu must then undergo evolution in Alola. There was likely a genetic mutation that awakened the psychic powers of a Pikachu that underwent elemental radiation exposure from a stone, which started the whole Alolan Raichu evolution. Soon, the genes responsible for causing an evolving Pikachu's psychokinesis were found as dominant and the 'Surfing Raichu' became the Alolan form of Raichu. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder Stones in Alola aided in genetic mutation, as the entire region is flooded with energies, both spiritual that could affect our auras and the energies that are found within Z-Crystals."

After Shade was done rambling, she chuckled. "Oh, I'm sorry for rambling. I am not discrediting your theory on how Pokemon may evolve differently, as sometimes the need for change causes a Pokemon to change much faster than normal. But usually, it takes a good few generations for there to be a change."

She then changed the subject of to the Indeedees. She pulled out her electronic information pad and it scanned the Indeedee. She was then given quite a bit of information about them. Smiling, she then quickly put it away and spoke up. "Well, it is nice to see you all. Now, let's see about going in the lab, yea?" With that, Shade walked up to the doors and checked if they were locked.

Chu smiled at the Indeedee and squeaked in greeting, landing in the grass to bow at Hart.

"That's incredible," Jason said in awe as to how much research Shade had put into their research, it made him a little nervous, seeing as he was still a bit of a newbie when it came to all of this. However, Jason decided not to let it get him down yet, he still had a lot to learn and was willing to do just that. Hart simply smiled at Chu, having never received a bow in return before, "Right then, let's meet Professor Cypress!" Jason cheered as he began running up the steps towards the Professor's lab. His heart was pounding as he was getting closer and closer towards realizing his dream of working alongside a Professor and learning as much as he could about Pokemon. Hart sighed at his head-strong trainer and began running up the steps after Jason intently.

The inside of the lab was sleek and clean with a few researchers sitting at desks going over what little data they had to work with at the moment. Professor Cypress stood at the back of the room staring at a large screen that was blank right now, he was waiting for his new applicants to arrive before he would turn the big screen on for the first time. There were some Pokemon around the lab, mostly Magnemites and Magnetons, however, there was a Porygon that was floating next to the Professor.

Shade smiled at the familiar setup and working environment. She walked slowly for a bit before catching up speed to meet the Professor. She held out her hand for a handshake with the Professor before stepping back a bit. "The name is Shade, how are you, Professor?"

Her Alolan Raichu, Chu, floated over to the Porygon and smelled it before squeaking at it in greeting.

"I'm doing quite well myself," Professor Cypress replied happily as he shook Shade's hand happily, "I'm glad to see that you made it here," he stated happily as he looked at Shade's Raichu greeting his Porygon, "Is that an Alolan Raichu?" he asked, very intrigued with the rare sight in Kanto.

Jason was right behind Shade, eager to introduce himself as well, "He... Hello Professor, my name is Jason and this is my partner Hart!" Jason stated loudly as he stood at attention, being incredibly nervous about meeting a Pokemon professor for the first time.

"Oh, uh, hello there Jason," Cypress waved a little awkwardly as to how Jason was acting.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
A young woman, looking to be in her early twenties, entered the lab with a Togekiss and Altaria floating behind her. Upon seeing the small group gathered, she looked rather startled. She hadn't expected to be late, but unfortunately life had its way of putting that upon her.

Moving towards the group, she spoke to no one in particular. "Excuse me, but am I too late?"

Shade smiled as she took the Professor's hand and shook it firmly. She nodded at his question while Chu squeaked at Porygon and put out her hand, wanting to pet the man-made Pokemon. "Yup, that is an Alolan Raichu. We're so glad that we are going to be working with you."

Shade looked behind her to see a familiar-looking young woman with an Altaria and a Togekiss following along. She shook her head to the lady's question to reassure her. "Nope, you are a-okay. Where will you take us, professor?" Shade looked back to the professor when asking, her eyes filled with excitement at the prospect of helping with someone's research.

Cypress first looked to the young woman who had just entered to reassure her, "No, you're not late at all, in fact, you're perfectly on time," he stated. Turning to his computer, he typed something in as a few holographic projections came up featuring screens from a small town, surrounded by flowers and lots of bug Pokemon were flying about. He pulled up a few more screens that showed off yellow trees with Pokemon swarming them, "This is Floraroma Town, located in the Sinnoh Region, it's most notably known for this..." he paused as he picked up a flyer off of his desk, on it was a picture of a yellow jar, "This honey is irresistible to Pokemon, primarily Bug-Types, I'd like you all to head out there and gather data on the honey, its effects and also get me a few samples if you wouldn't mind, and also data on those odd yellow trees if you wouldn't mind."

Jason was eager to get going, which seemed to ease his nerves in front of Cypress, "Awesome, I'm pumped to get going!" he cheered happily and loudly in front of everyone.

"Yes, well once you're all ready you can catch a flight to the Sinnoh Region, you'll probably arrive in Jubilife City and have to make your way to Floraroma Town from there," Cypress explained as he took out some red cards, "Take these as well when you're getting your passes, they'll just charge to my account so no need to worry about costs, please use these also for your resources."

Shade smiled and nodded her head ecstatically, while taking the card.

"So, you need information the yellow trees, honey, and its affects. Wonderful. We won't let you down. Luckily, there is a format I have created for something very similar to this situation."

She pulled out a scientific sheet that had a skeleton form used for obtaining data out in the field. She apparently had needed to use these a lot. She gave them to every person there, if they wanted it. "This can help you organize your data. I have had done a lot of field study, so hopefully this works well for you. Thank you Professor Cypress."

"We won't let you down, Professor!" Jason stated as he took a card and put it in his pocket. Hart bowed as thanks for Jason, jumping to slap the back of his head for forgetting a simple thank you. "Ow, what was... thank you for the card as well," Jason also took one of the skeleton forms, "Thanks Shade," he smiled as he put it safely in his bag, "Alright, Sinnoh Region here we come!" Jason declared as he pumped his fist into the air and turned to make his way to the airport.

"Thank you for the paper, but I have my own sheet that is very similar." With that Bella pulled out a tablet, and brought up the research sheets that she had made. Turning the tablet, she showed Shade almost the same sheet that she had presented. The only thing different was the layout.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Nodding her head gratefully, the young woman took a card. "Thank you, sir. We won't let you down."
This was going great so far. She wasn't too late, these people seemed to know what they were doing, and - best of all - no one had recognized her yet. She was sure the latter wouldn't last long, but she'd enjoy it while it lasted.

Jason stepped out and took out a notebook from his bag, it was blue with an Indeedee face on it. He opened it to reveal a red screen, after a bit of searching Jason saw where the airport was, "Alright Hart, let's do this, the Sinnoh Region and our beginnings as research assistants," he said nervously as he clutched his fist quietly. He turned to everyone else and smiled, "Come on! Let's get going to the Sinnoh Region!" he cheered.

Shade smiled at everyone's enthusiasm and walked out of the lab and walked towards the nearest airport. Although, riding on her Scwartz would be more fun, she felt like she should stay with the group. She waited for the others to catch up before walking towards the airport.

Jason walked through the airport and, with Hart's assistance, was able to buy a boarding pass for Gate 12, heading for Jubilife City in the Sinnoh Region. He smiled brightly as he left to get through customs, with Hart having to help him along the whole way. As Jason looked onward, thrilled at what futures would be laying before him. There were lots of people with their Pokemon in the airport, some of which Jason had never seen before, Jason took his first steps and waited outside the gate for everyone to catch up.

Shade was at the airport when she got a call on her Xtransceiver. She pulled it up on her wrist and her flaming-haired brother had called. He was pale as a ghost and frantic. "Please, you need to come home. Mom is dangerously sick. Zarda will come and pick you up."

With that, the call ended and Shade's face was now paler than her brother's when he called her a moment ago. She had to see her mother. "I'm sorry guys, but I have to go." With that she walked outside of the town to see Zarda the Charizard rushing at her at full speed. Getting a running start, Shade ran away from Zarda and, when Zarda arrived beside her, she hopped on and took a hold of the saddle that was on her and Zarda turned around to get back to the Darastrix Ranch, which is behind Mt. Moon.