• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Predict the final teams of D/P

Well, Bulbagarden Forums has a topic like this and I want to see what guys back here at Pokecharms think that Ash, Hikari, Brock, Team Rocket, Nozomi and Shinji will have by the time the Diamond and Pearl series (or a potential filler series arch) ends?

Here's what I predicted on that topic:

Ash's Team:

Dodaitose-After having Treecko evolve all the way; Naetle might do the same. Final evolution may happen just in time for Ash to battle Denji (the 8th Gym Leader). Hope it learns Earthquake.

Mukuhawk-This might happen between the 4th and 5th Gym. I'd like to see a running gag involving Mukuhawk chasing down any rodent Pokemon it spots in an attempt to eat it (though the gag shouldn't stay for very long). Better learn In-Fight.

Eteboth-I wanted Aipom to evolve even before an evolved form for Aipom was even confirmed. Although, Aipom's evolution may take a while. She doesn't even know Double Attack yet.

Booburn-Ash has alway had a Fire-type at one point or another. And the D/P series should be no exception. Capture of Magby would occur sometime after 5th Gym Leader. Evolution into Magmar before 7th Gym. And the situation in which Magmar evolves into Booburn should be like the one when Misty's Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed (Ash and Hikari slip on a wet floor. A Magma Booster [that Hikari's Pachirisu found prior to this]. Magmar picks the M-B up. Ash returns Magmar into it's Pokeball. Magmar evolves the next time Ash releases it from it's Pokeball). Booburn better have more than Fire attacks.

Croconaw-If Ash need a Water-type, maybe he should get his old Totodile back (and evolve at least once). Also good for promoting GSC remake.

Pikachu-As if he'll be leaving anytime soon. Denji's Raichu would probably be picking on it when it is time to battle for the 8th badge.

Hikari's team:

Empelt-Yes! I expect all three Sinnoh Starter Pokemon to evolve all the way. Sure hope Empelt will get Hydro Cannon.

Mimilop-Mimiroru will probably evolve into this Pokemon almost unexpectedly, such as having to save Hikari when she gets into a crisis of impending doom.

Pachirisu-Pretty dang obvious that Hikari will be the one catching this Electric Squirrel. I'm starting to like the idea of a Pika-Mimi-Pachi love triangle.

Chikorita-If Hikari's going to capture a Johto starter, This Leaf Pokemon seems to be the most likely.

???-Basically a wild card slot. Hikari will either be getting a Gen V Pokemon, a Cyndaquil or something else completely random. If it is a Gen V Pokemon that Hikari's going to get, it'll probably be one that's the baby form of a relatively strong Pokemon that didn't get a pre-evolution yet.

Brock's Team:

Sudowoodo-Nothing much to expect here other than Brock's Sudowoodo learning Wood Hammer.

Greggle-I think Greggle's here to take over that log of petrified wood's role of attacking Brock whenever he goes head over heels for a pretty girl. As such, I don't expect Greggle to evolve because it probably kill Brock by accident if it were a Dokurog.

Nosetache-Brock deserves to have another Rock-type. Brock will most likely capture it as a Nosepass. Then it will evolve while trying to advert a crisis when Ash and Co. are at Tengan Mountan. There should be random moments when Nosepass/Nosetache would sneeze up a Sandstorm.

James's team:

Mime Jr-Don't ever evolve. It'd be real awkward to have two Mime Sr.s belonging to two different recurring characters. Plus, Mime Jr=CUTIE PIE!!

Cacnea-I don't think James will ditch her quite yet, no matter how painful Cacnea's affections are for him.

Muskippa-She's not going anywhere.

Fuwaride-If James allowed another carnivorous plant join his team, he'll probably be catching another Pokemon that's purple, round and full of hot air.

Jessie's team:

Wobbuffet-Are you kidding me? He's staying for sure!

Glion-Jessie might ditch Dustox and replace it with this guy. She did miss out on getting a Weavile, maybe she'll have better luck getting it's "unofficial" opposite.

Skutank-Thanks to anyone else who suggested this. Now you've got me thinking that Jessie will get a Skutank.

Seviper-Why would Seviper want to leave anyway?

Shinji's team:

Goukazaru-Pretty obvious. Shinji will definitely keep Hikozaru and evolve it all the way. I'm expecting to be very acrobatic and to know Blaze Kick.

Ursaring-I'm pretty sure that forest grump is going to stick around for quite awhile. I'd like it to learn Metal Claw and Giga Impact.

Donkarasu-Once Shinji DOES get a Murkrow to join his team, he'll evolve it the moment he gets his hands on a Dark Stone.

Elecable-I don't see why would Shinji keep his Elekid as is.

Gyarados-Meh, pretty random. But I think I can Shinji having this.

Dosydon-This one also seems kind of random. But not without reason. This guy would end up being Shinji's main powerhouse.

Nozomi's Team:

Nyarmar-I do like Bunyatto, but Nyarmar would probably want to stay cute-looking.

Mumage-However, I do expect Nozomi's Misdreavus to evolve. Mumage might be a real crowd pleaser with Magical Leaf.

Bellosom-This flowery hula dancer is here so Nozomi can have something like Drew's Roselia.

Beequeen-This Pokemon's swarm summoning skills might lead into some pretty creative ways to dazzle the audience.

Togekiss-I see no other way that a Togekiss can appear in the anime.

Azumarril-If Drew's sixth Pokemon was a "previous Generation equivalent" of May's first capture, then the same thing is likely to happen.

Sorry for the length of my post and please reply.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey. I like this topic, even if it does involve lots of thinking ^^

Just a note to all: instead of just replying and saying "I doubt that'll happen", give your predictions too :p I noticed people doing that in Bulba's version of the topic and, call it a pet peev of mine but, I find it rather annoying.

For Ash
  • Dodaitosu - Simply because, if Naetle doesn't get to its final stage, I'll be rather annoyed. We don't need another Bulbasaur, and we don't need another Bayleef. Plus, a final battle between Dodaitosu and Shinji's Goukazaru would be both awesome and make sense because of Dodaitosu's Ground-type elements
  • Pikachu - No brainer :p
  • Mukuhawk - I can't see this one staying as Mukkubird, not after evolving so quickly.
  • Buizel - I've toyed with this one. If Hikari didn't have Pochama, I would've placed it with her. Heck, I've even considered Brock having one. SOMEONE has to get a Buizel! Call it biased desires, but I think that Pokemon has a good chance of ending up with someone, and it'll hopefully be with Ash. Whether it evolves or not is hard to say, but I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion- Phanpy returning and evolving has made this opportunity a reality. I'm honestly not dead-set on it myself, but with the lack of Fire-types available, and Cyndaquil just sitting there rotting, I could very well see it happening. I know Magby/Magmar would be nice to have around just to show off Booburn if/when it evolved, but I dunno... There's a chance he'll decide to pull out Cyndaquil again, eh?
  • ????? - I'm not sure on the last one, but I have a feeling that it won't be Aipom/Eteboss. With Aipom, there's no doubt that it WILL evolve. The thing is, with the way it stuck around solely being to show off its evolution, I can foresee it also leading to the Pokemon leaving Ash for one reason or another. I'm not entirely opposed to this idea people are toying with concerning Ash trading it to Hikari since Aipom certainly loves showing off, but even if he doesn't... I just don't see Eteboss in the final line-up.

For TR
Sorry... I'm lacking the mental energy right now to separate them, but you can probably tell through my descriptions who I think will get which.
  • Wobba - Because Wob has basically become as much of a backbone for the team as Meowth.
  • Dorapion - Well, its got the Poison-type thing down. It's also a rather scary-ish Pokemon, so I think if Seviper is to get replaced, it'll be with Dorapion.
  • Beequeen - This one I'm just throwing out there. Beequeen could be a good Dustox replacement, and Jessie does seem to love contests nowadays... Maybe?
  • Mime Jr. - I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon... aside from trapped inside its PokeBall for half the saga.
  • Maskippa - Whether this ultimately replaces Cacnea or not is whether the writers finally decide that they don't need two grass-types who love James. Either way, I see the likelihood of Maskippa sticking around over Cacnea.
  • Skutank - I think I'm just buying into the Poison-types-for-TR thing again, but it would be interesting to see... Jessie gets Dorapion, James gets Skutank, or vice versa.
  • Perap - Heh... Probably wishful thinking, as we really don't need two talking Pokemon... This one I just see as being a fun addition. It'd definitely get on Meowth's nerves, too.

I'll add more for the rest of the crew laterz...

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion- Phanpy returning and evolving has made this opportunity a reality. I'm honestly not dead-set on it myself, but with the lack of Fire-types available, and Cyndaquil just sitting there rotting, I could very well see it happening. I know Magby/Magmar would be nice to have around just to show off Booburn if/when it evolved, but I dunno... There's a chance he'll decide to pull out Cyndaquil again, eh?

DANG! I've had mind too deeply set into a Booburn vs. Elecable scenario to even think about the little fire-mouse.

EDIT:
instead of just replying and saying "I doubt that'll happen", give your predictions too :p I noticed people doing that in Bulba's version of the topic and, call it a pet peev of mine but, I find it rather annoying.

And a lot people were also bad-mouthing Shinji, so none of that here either.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, gonna take a crack at Hikari...

Hikari's team:

Empelt-Yes! I expect all three Sinnoh Starter Pokemon to evolve all the way. Sure hope Empelt will get Hydro Cannon.

Mimilop-Mimiroru will probably evolve into this Pokemon almost unexpectedly, such as having to save Hikari when she gets into a crisis of impending doom.

Pachirisu-Pretty dang obvious that Hikari will be the one catching this Electric Squirrel. I'm starting to like the idea of a Pika-Mimi-Pachi love triangle.

Chikorita-If Hikari's going to capture a Johto starter, This Leaf Pokemon seems to be the most likely.

???-Basically a wild card slot. Hikari will either be getting a Gen V Pokemon, a Cyndaquil or something else completely random. If it is a Gen V Pokemon that Hikari's going to get, it'll probably be one that's the baby form of a relatively strong Pokemon that didn't get a pre-evolution yet.

I more or less agree. It seems to me that they're sticking to the "cute" captures for Hikari, and if they want to promote a GS remake they'd probably give her Chikorita to do it. Although, I can see her ending up with Cherinbo/Cherimu, too. Actually, I see the chance of her getting Cherimu very likely.

As for a fifth Pokemon... Hmm... If Ash didn't get his Cyndaquil back, Hikari getting one wouldn't be that far fetched an idea (and even more likely if she didn't have Chika). Ralts may also be a good one, having it evolve Ninja instead of Gardie. Since Nozomi already has Misdreavus, I can't imagine what other "new evolution" Pokemon Hikari would get (and I do think she'll get one)... Unless Hikari was the one who caught a Magby. Booburn doesn't seem like her style of Pokemon, though...

I can't see her getting up to six, but you never know.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Ash

Pikachu - OH RLY? YA RLY!

Dotaitos - Wether the little grass turtle will evolve or not I dunno. Very possible we have another Bulbasaur on our hands. Or we could have another Bayleef on our hands. Though if the other starters fully evolve to wouldn't have Ash be stuck with Naetoru. Dotaitos ftw!

Mukuhawk - No brainer. Mukubird WILL evolve and Ash will keep it with him, that is until Shinnoh's over, then he'll just dump it at Oak's lab and never ever use it again... EVER. Then maybe he'll finally go back for Pidgeott like he promised...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Yes... I named seven because I don't know if Aipom would stay or not. I put him there just in case he stays...

Pfft. People hate him cuz Booburn's really just an obese Magmar. XD

After using a garmeil in Diamond i really hope ash does catch one... but I see it being a little more along the lines of.

Pikachu - standard
Etebossu - He won't get rid of it
Mukuhawk - I wish he'd get rid of it
Dotaitos - Its going to happen... or at least the middle stage
Buuburn - Promote elekible and buuburn for each game.
Neorantu/Mantine - Neorantu provides both bug and water in one as it learns bug moves, mantine would promote mantyke, which im guessing he would catch first, although I can also see hikari getting one.

I didnt think about that fact... Still mantine being part flying would work...
Maybe it was wishful thinking for neorant

[quote author=Sem link=topic=1353.msg12133#msg12133 date=1170441775]
Seviper - Can't get rid of Seviper too quickly, Jessie had Arbok for three seasons.

She's had Ekans/Arbok for 282 episodes, and is on her 203rd episode with Seviper, so give it until Gym 6 or 7 and she'll be ready for a replacement.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
True, but I think the show is changing. In each new series in Japan - as in, Pocket Monsters, Pocket Monsters AG, and now Pocket Monsters DP - they seem to change the main charries teams rather drastically, and I don't think TR is immune to that. Sooner or later, I think Seviper, Dustox, and Cacnea are going to be replaced for good... or at least two of the three.

I see now that you said "gyms 6 or 7"... I still think it'll probably be a lot earlier that changes happen, but I guess we'll see ^^

Don't really have enough time to post a full house but these are my main predictions:

Pikachu (Ash)-Le DUH!Mewtwo and Dialga will have a baby together before Pikachu leaves the party.Hey,maybe Meowth could teach him how to speak!

Naetle/Turtwig (Ash)-I read somewhere that he had one.But I'm not so sure it will evolve all the way.Ash's already had CharmanderCharmeleonCharizard and TreekoGroyvle(sp?)Sceptile it's time he gets a water type!Though I doubt cute lil' Pochama's the perfect choice...She seems more like one of May's Pokemon.

Kolink/Korinku/Shinx (Ash/May)-Well one of them have to have him!He's so cute!But Pikachu might get jealous...

Bunyatto is it? (Jessie)-Hah.Seems perfect for her.But she'll probably get upset when it evolves.

I've just noticed Jessie likes alot of the Pokemon I like.She ruined the good name of Seviper!!!Thankfully 'Queen'Lucy got it back.
And I want the grey-cat-Pokemon-who's-name-I-think-is-Bunyatto-or-something-along-those-lines.
Well,ciao for now!
Sanda Nekoxxx

Arceus's Cross! You're WAAAAY misinformed. The the name of female lead for the D/P series is Hikari. May left to participate in the Johto Pokemon Contests.

Ash DOES have a Turtwig.

HIKARI has a Piplup(Pochama) and doesn't need a Shinx because she has Pachirisu.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Arceus's Cross! You're WAAAAY misinformed. The the name of female lead for the D/P series is Hikari. May left to participate in the Johto Pokemon Contests.

Ash DOES have a Turtwig.

HIKARI has a Piplup(Pochama) and doesn't need a Shinx because she has Pachirisu.

LOL... Do we need to add a spoiler note to this topic in the title? ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
True, but we know stuff from the Japanese show dub viewers wouldn't XD

Like that Hikari is getting a Buizel, which pretty well axes it from Ash's future team... (guess I'll need to take another swing at that) =/