• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Post-War

Years after the events of Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue, a massive war broke out between Kanto and Jhoto, resulting in Kanto taking over Jhoto, and renaming it West Kanto, or New Kanto, some call it. Also most of the cities in each region, after being demolished, have been rebuilt and renamed.
This RP takes place some years after the war, and you are a new trainer begging your new journey in West Kanto.
((The war will gradually come into play as the RP goes on))

Zach looked up at the massive sliding glass doors that would lead him into Professor Bonsai's laboratory. In just a few minutes he would have his first ever Pokemon!...
If only he had been born years ago, when you only had to be ten to receive your own Pokemon, but now its been moved up to 15.
Who cares now?! He thought to himself. Its finally his turn!
The lab seemed much bigger on the inside. There were shelves lined up with books and CD cases, tables with bulky computers on them, and directly ahead was a podium, with a tall man behind it, and in front of it was a table with 3 pokeballs on it.
"WELCOME!" The man said. "YOUR POKEMON JOURNEY BEGINS TODAY!"
does he just stand there at the podium 24/7? And what if I wasn't here to receive my first Pokemon? Is that how he greets every kid that walks in? Zach thought to himself, before taking a step forward. He was about to speak, but the man intrupted him.
Wait what the heck?
"Uh, yes I understa-"
"Yes yes, my Pokemon JOURNEY BEGINS today, now can I-"
"ENOUGH!" Zach yelled, taking another step forward, right before the man vanished before his eyes. "Wait what..?" Just then, Zach heard a voice behind him.
"The hologram still has its glitches it seems..."
Zach turned his head to see the same man who was behind the podium standing before him.
"Professor Bonsai?" Zach said.
"Yes yes, thats me." The man said, before walking over to the table. "That was a new thing I'm working on, its supossed to be a hologram that replaces me when I'm out on field work... Its, er, a work in progress...." He sighed, before looking down at the table.
"I'm sure you know what these are. Pokeballs, they are called. They are used to capture Pokemon, and keep them in there while they are not in use.... They are mighty convenient, and there are in fact Pokemon in these balls. And YOU get to keep one for yourself! So, comeon! Step up and take your pick!"
"Uh..." Zach walked up to the table, and studied each ball. "Hm...." His choices were Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil....
Weird, He thought to himself. I could have sworn that these were no longer available as starters....
"Hurry up son, we don't have all day!" Zach looked up at the professor... He looked like he was growing impatient.
"Er... Totodile!" He exclaimed, before grabbing the pokeball. "I've heard about Totodile, and ive always wanted one!"
"Okay then! Good choice!" The professor said. "Now, to give you the rest of the needed items..."
Zach stepped out of the lab, pokeball in hand, pokedex and pokeball in pocket, trainer card in hand. He took a long look at the pokeball, before throwing it in the air.
"TOTODILE.... GO!" He yelled, as the water Pokemon hopped out of its pokeball.
((If you want to join, just comment in this thread. Any questions or comments or concerns, message me.))