• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Porto Journeys

Discussion Thread; https://pokecharms.com/threads/porto-journeys.18144/#post-543136

The ship came to a complete stop at a large dock, where several tourists and townsfolk stood on, either fishing or taking pictures. Alongside most of these people, were also their Pokemon. Plank City sat in the background of the beach and the docks. With impressive, new skyscrapers and other modern buildings, the decor was certainly grand, if not amazing.
With a grin, Daniel descended down the ramp that had just been lowered for the ship's passengers to exit the boat and make it safely onto the docks. His small Fennekin bounded along at his heels, yipping excitedly, while his Noibat made a small chirp from his shoulder. Daniel was the first off the boat, as he decided he should be.
"There it is, girls. The start of our great new journey." Daniel commented to his Pokemon as they began to make their way down the docks, weaving through the throng of people and Pokemon alike.

Nora had been admiring the beauty of the sea for the longest time, staring out over the sparkling waters as the ship was working hard to take them to their destination. It had been her first time sailing and it took the familiar chime of Jiku, her Chimecho, to bring Nora back to reality. They were already at Plank City’s port! She hadn’t even noticed that the boat stopped moving.
Nora smiled and broke her gaze from the waters, turning her amber eyes to her companion. “C’mon, let’s get goin’ shall we?”
Jiku beamed at the words and spun around excitedly before leading the way of the boat and into the somewhat crowded docks. As she followed close behind her Pokémon all Nora could think about were two things; what treasures and mysteries did this untamed island hold? And! How glad she was to have solid ground underneath her boots once more.

Jaelyn muttered something under her breath, then shouted after Devan, who had proceeded to run off of the boat and mingle with the crowd. The Trainer weaved through people like a high-school student might weave through a particularly crowded hallway, apologizing to people she managed to brush by. All the while, Alyx peeked out of her backpack and held on for dear life, squeaking in protest to the jostling around every now and then. Jaelyn was looking back and apologizing to a man with an Ambipom when she crashed into a man. Stumbling backwards, she caught herself before she fell and rubbed her nose. "Oh, my gosh," she said, "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry!"

Gray couldn't imagine being any less excited, he clenched the armrest to his left and leaned across the seat to view out the window. He was currently riding in a private jet, but he could care less about that- what was important was that he was getting his first pokemon. The jet was on it's way to Porto, with Gray's most likable butler ahead of the wheel- he was instructed to give Gray his pokemon when they landed. Despite the quickness of the flight, Gray was incredibly bored, he would occasionally visit the front of the plane to talk with the pilot and beg for his pokemon only to be sent back to his seat. Finally, after what seemed like hours; Gray had arrived.
Stepping off the plane Grayson couldn't help but gasp at the wonderful city before him, he nearly ran off without the pokeball that was held out before him. Mouth draped open, the young boy took the ball and caressed it. "Only the best of the best, for you sir." the butler nodded as Gray sent out the pokemon. The neatly groomed Eevee looked up at Gray and blinked before smiling causing the new trainer to simply sink to his knees and hug the creature. "Best of luck!" the older man nodded before lifting off again and leaving Gray.
"I'm gonna call you Percy!" Gray exclaimed as he scooped up his new companion who seemed to approve of the random name. From his spot at the air-port, Grayson could see the crowds of people, making him glad he didn't take a boat.
Gray walked until his feet hurt, and despite the Eevee's petite build it wasn't easy to carry the pokemon the whole way, but a sigh of happiness escaped the boy as he leaned against a tree and looked at the city he was now inside of.

Daniel stumbled forward as he felt somebody shove him (at least he thought he was shoved). Quickly, he regained himself and turned angrily about to face the person. "Hey, watch where you're..." He stopped as he lowered his voice, realizing it was a girl. He'd been raised to respect women above men, so raising his voice to her would be contradicting to his beliefs. "Uh... It's my fault."
"Fen?" The Fennekin cocked her head to the side as she looked up at Daniel, obviously confused about his sudden change.

Jaelyn was about to reply, but Alyx poked her head out of her bag. "Quil!" she peeped.
"Aah!" Jaelyn exclaimed, "Devan!" She ran off again in the way that the Houndour had run and hoped that he was still going the way that he had been before. Eventually, she stopped to catch her breath. "In this...crowd," she huffed, looking over her shoulder to Alyx, "we...we'll never ca...catch up!"

Grayson patted Percy's fluffy head before placing the pokemon down. He stared down at the pokemon, it was just like the movies; him and his best-friend on a journey together. Shaking himself to rid of the grin, Gray shook his head at the buildings around him "It's amazing, huh?" he asked the Eevee who chirped in response and danced in happy circles. Gray fixed the backpack that lay a strap on each his shoulders, and began to walk, he didn't know where he was going; but with Eevee following behind he was sure wherever he went it would be great.
After a minute of walking Gray clapped his hands together as if an idea had just struck him, "I guess we've gotta do what all the great's started with: Training!" he grinned as Percy nodded eagerly.

Last edited:
Mark walked around the city, getting his berrings. This place was new, so he needed to know about the place. He looked down at the pokeballs hanging at his side, and turned ahead. "Now, where to?" He said quietly to himself walking on.

A faint minty green light emanated from a whooping Mick as he leaped an inhuman height and distance off the boat and stuck the landing onto the port in an open space. Bruce hummed softly from the space in Mick's backpack as the trainer dusted himself off and Argo floated slowly to his side. As Psychic wore off, Mick looked around with a grin, until he was suddenly cut short by a Houndour that crashed into his leg. He looked down and saw a girl looking around and huffing for breath. "Uh, excuse me ma'am," He called out, hoping the girl could hear him. "Is this Houndour yours?"

Jaelyn turned around and gave a huge sigh of relief. "Oh my gosh, THANK YOU," she said, and ran over. Devan barked and ran over to her. "Devan, don't run off on me like that!" she scolded, but couldn't keep a smile off of her face. Jaelyn looked at the Trainer. "I hope he didn't get in the way," she said to him.

Mick laughed and crouched down, petting the Houndour. "Oh, not at all. He just happened to run into me by accident." He stood back up and offered his hand to shake. "I'm Mick. Pleasure to meet you." Bruce leapt out of the boy's bag and landed on his head with a delightful hum as Argo chirped from his spot next to Mick. "And these are my partners, Bruce and Argo."

"Jaelyn," she replied, shaking Mick's hand. "You've already met Devan, and Alyx is -- right here, I guess." The Cyndaquil had climbed out of the backpack and perched on Jaelyn's shoulder. She chirped, then jumped down to Devan.

Mick smiled and stroked the Cyndaquil's forehead. He looked around as an idea came to mind. "Well, I'm assuming you arrived here to travel throughout the region as well, so how about we go together? Traveling alone sounds painfully boring."

(OOC: @Dave Strider you there?)
Jaelyn smiled hugely. "That'd be awesome!" she said loudly, drawing the attention of a few passerby from the dock, but she didn't notice. She adjusted the strap of her bag. "I heard that there's a statue of the Champions that found this place somewhere when I was on the boat, and I wanted to see that. Is that alright with you?"

Mick nodded and grinned. "Sure! It's a place I was also planning to visit sometime during my journey." Solosis chirped with delight and Seedot hopped joyfully on Mick's head.

Grayson hummed absently as he walked, Percy weaving in and out of his legs playfully. "I here there's lots of awesome restaurants here." Gray grinned as thought of the food, "and all sorts of monuments-" he released a sigh. There was so much to do, and despite the fact he wasn't limited on time, he felt so rushed. "What about you, what do you want to do?" he asked the Eevee who tilted his head and chirped, not exactly answering the question. Grayson just shrugged. "I guess we should ask for directions first." he stopped walking to look around for someone who seemed to have any clue what they were doing.