• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon, World of Kanto!

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Well...Its time to get my first Pokemon" Said Berry with a Yawn "Let's go wake up Berr (B-rr)". "Berr! Wake up!" Said Berry. "What Bro?" Said Berr. "Were getting our first Pokemon!" said Berry with Happy voice. "Oh shoot! Your Right!" Said Berr "C'mon we gotta go!" . "But what about our sister?" Said Berry. "She's already Pokemon Champion remember?" Said Berr. "Oh right! I'm gonna beat the champion!" Said Berry. "In your dreams!" Said Berr as they ran off to the lab to get their Pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She had just moved to Kanto, Otis was sleeping in her bed. Spirit, who was a female Snivy, hopped onto Otis’ bed. “Snivy!” Spirit called out, and Otis woke up. “H-Huh? Oh, it’s just you Spirit.” She smiled and pet Spirit’s head, though Otis was tired. She yawned, and finally got up. “So, want to go on an adventure? With the whole gang?” Spirit nodded happily, and jumped inside Otis’ bag. She clicked open all the Pokeballs, and five different Pokemon came out. Clever, who was a male Zorua, yawned and looked up at the ceiling. A female Trapinch named Clara chopped her big mouth in the air. Nia the female Venipede looked at Otis, her antennas twitching. Joey, who was a male Pidove, flapped his wings and took flight in the air. And finally, a female Mareep named Mary was still asleep.

“Come on guys! Let’s go battle!” Otis smiled and all of her Pokemon looked at her. They all followed their trainer as Otis waved goodbye to her Mother Lily, and they all set off in a random direction. She wondered into a lab, and saw three Pokeballs on a table. “Huh? What Pokemon are in these Pokeballs?”

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
Berry and Berr rushed to the Pokemon Lab "We...are here!" Said Berry tired "So.....what our....first Pokemon?". "Well gosh! You two Ran all the way here?" said Prof. Oak "Well. I Guess ill give you your starters" Prof. Oak Gave them each a Pokeball "Whats inside them?" Said Berr looking at the Ball "You have to open it" Said Prof. Oak. Berr looked at the Ball and Clicked a Button. POP! Came out a Weedle "Huh!? Only a Weedle!?" Said Berr. "Yes indeed. A very strong Weedle! Oh and Take this aswell" Said Prof. Oak as he Handed over a Pokedex. "Wow. Cool so if i evolve this into a Beedrill i'll get a Super strong beedrill?" Said Berr. "Indeed you will. Now Berry Open up your PokeBAAAAAAH" Said Prof. Oak. It Seemed that a Pikachu jumped out of the Ball onto Berry's Shoulder. "Wow! I got a Pikachu! Cool!" Said Berry. "Yes indeed Cool?" Said Prof. Oak Confused "Anyway off you go now. You have your Pokemon" as Prof. Oak said that They both ran off

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
As they Ran off they Saw Otis. "Hi Random Person!" said Berry. "Stay back Berry, We don't Know who this is." Said Berr. "But it could be another Trainer!" Said Berry. "Mabye your Right and Mabye your Wrong. But ill trust you for now" Said Berr "Now tell us your name"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She jumped back a bit when two boys ran in, and they both grabbed two of the Pokeballs. “W-W-What’s going on?” Nia shrugged, and Joey chirped angrily at the two boys. “Calm down Joey... and Hello! My name is Otis, I come from the Unova Region.” She smiled and Joey walked up to a Weedle. Nia scuttled up onto Otis’ shoulder, and looked at the two boys.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Pika Pika!" Said Pikachu as He jumped off Berry's Shoulder onto the ground Staring up at Otis "Pika!". "Hello their! I'm Berry and This is my Brother, Berr!" Said Berry "He's a Bit over Protective". "I AM NOT! I'M JUST WORRIED ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!" Said Berr. "Anyway where do you come from?" Said Berry

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She smiled at the Pikachu, and looked back at the two brothers. “Well, it’s a brother’s job to protect their younger brothers.” Joey then pecked the Weedle, “Joey! Don’t mind him, he can be aggressive...” Otis quickly picked up Joey, his wings flapped for awhile. “And I come from the Unova Region! And I think it’s the best one!” Otis said, bragging a bit.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Pika!" Said Pikachu as he jumped back on Berry's Shoulder. Joey got Poisened a bit by Weedle's Poison Needle "Dang weedle! Prof. Oak wasnt lying about you being strong" said Berr as he picked up Weedle and gave Otis a Antidote for healing Joey "Anyway whats Unova?" Said Berry Curious

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She smiled and grabbed the antidote. Otis sprayed it onto Joey, and he felt better. “You don’t know what Unova is? It’s a region full of Pokemon, and it’s huge! You can choose from three starters, Snivy, who is a grass type, Oshawott, who is a water type, and Tepig, who is a fire type. It’s like, the best region ever!” Spirit stared at Pikachu, “I have a Snivy, her name is Spirit!” Otis pet Spirit’s head, and the Snivy smiled.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Wow! Cool!" Said Berry "I wish i could go to Unova! But...I...kinda....don't.....have any money..." Said Berry "But anyway wanna Go on adventures with us? Were going them right now!". "I'm with him" said Berr "Plus, if we have another Member it'll be more fun"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Sure! What do you think guys?” Otis looked down at all her Pokemon, and all of them nodded but Joey, who shook his head. “Too late Joey, you are out voted.” Joey let out a low growl, and glared at Weedle. “Okay then, let’s begin our adventure!” Otis smiled and all of her Pokemon cheered instead of Joey, who just followed everyone slowly, mumbling to himself.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Yay! Lets go Guys! Its gonna be so Great!" Said Berry "Wow a Rattata!" Said Berry as he threw a Pokeball at it! "Yes! A new Pokemon!" Said Berry. "HEY! where'd you get that Pokeball? I Didn't get Any!" Said Berr. "Mom gave them to us After we left. You didn't get any?" Said Berry. "Yup. Didn't get any" Said Berr. "Well then here" Said Berry handing him a few Pokeballs "Thanks Bro!" Said Berr. "No problem!" said Berry. Berr whispered in Otis's Ear saying "Work's Everytime" Saying it as a Joke

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis followed them, and Berry caught a Rattata. She laughed a bit at Berr’s joke, and Mary ran forward with Clever and Clara. Suddenly a Pidgey came out of nowhere, and Mary shot a huge powerful ThunderBolt at it. The Pidgey fell to the ground, it had fainted. A bunch of XP came to Mary, and she smiled. “Good job Mary!” Otis said, proud of her Pokemon.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"GUYS LOOK AN ODDISH! ITS A DIFFERENT COLOR!" Said Berry pointing to the Shiny Oddish. As he said that he threw another Pokeball and to his luck, he caught it "Huh! I might have caught a super rare Pokemon!" Said Berry

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Whoa! We call those types of Pokemon, ‘Shiny’!” Otis looked carefully, then realized something. “Wait, aren’t you supposed to battle the Pokemon first?” Mary continued forward, then a Shiny Rattata appeared. Mary grinned, and let out a Discharge at it.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"I mean I don't know. I just throw a pokeball at it and poof! i caught it" Said Berry "Any- Hey..where did Berr go?" Said Berry as he said that his phone began to ring. "Hello? BERR? YOUR ALREADY AT VIRIDIAN CITY!? Ok we'll be there soon. K bye!" Said berry as he hung up. "HES ALREADY AT VIRIDIAN CITY!" Berry said to Otis

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Then let’s hurry!” She started to run, her long brown hair flapped in the wind. Soon, Otis stopped when she saw Mary fighting a Shiny Rattata. “Watch out! Mary is going to use Discharge!” Then electricity was shot everywhere, and the Rattata, Otis, and Berry both got electrocuted badly. Otis fell down, dazed. The Shiny Rattata fainted, and Mary walked over to Otis, and poked her face. Otis got up, her head spinning.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Ow....what happened?" Said Berry "Oh right! Viridian City!" After 30 minutes "Hey Guys. What took you so long?" Said Berr. "Otis's Mareep Discharged Both of us and we fell to the ground..." said Berry "Still Pretty light headed though". "Well anyway looks like there's a gym. Wanna go fight it?" Said Berr. "You know i wanna!" Said Berry "Lets go!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis shook her head, and she felt a bit better. “Mary, try not to do that again.” Mary nodded, and the rest of her Pokemon followed the two trainers to Viridian City. They all reached there, safe and sound. “Yeah, Mary was trying to take out a Shiny Rattata, but we both got electrocuted.” Otis looked ahead, a gym was there. “Yeah! A gym battle would be fun!”

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
As they went ahead to the gym the Bodyguard said "Hey! You have 7 badges?" Said the BodyGuard. "Nope! This is our first gym battle!" Said Berry. "What!? your first gym battle!? Kid. You can't Battle this gym unless you have 7 badges. NOW SCRAM!" said the Bodyguard as they kicked them out. "Man, Hes rude" Said Berry. "I'm with you Berry. Like, Whats the Buzz?" Said Berr

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Seven badges!? No...” Otis said to the Bodyguard. She quickly left, and over heard Berry and Berr saying the Bodyguard was rude. “Well, he is just doing his job, where do we go now?”

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Well i guess Pewter City is next" Said Berry "I think we can battle him!" . "Yup. I think we can BATTLE THE GYM LEADER" Berr shouted at the Bodyguard. "Hey Berr. You have other Pokemon right?" Said Berry. "Yup. This Nidorino and The Beedrill" Said Berr "Huh. So we should all win! Because you have Double kick on your Nidorino and You have that Snivy that knows Vine whip (i think) and i have this "Shiny" Oddish!" Said Berry "So this should be a Win Win for all of us. Right?"

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
Berry waited for them to reply "Yup. Think so. Unless if Nidorino faints. Then i'm doomed" said Berr "Right Otis?" Said Berr as Both of them Stared at Otis, Waiting for her to reply

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Yeah, I think we will win!” Otis smiled, and Spirit put her hands on her waist. She looked towards Berr and Berry. “Yep, and that’s why I have a full team, so I don’t always have to depend on one of them for winning my battles.” Clever started to play with Nia, and Clara joined them. Mary and Spirit were talking to each other in Pokemon Language.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Well its not Easy with a route full of Rattata's or Pidgey's and Nidorans" Said Berr "And a few Mankey's..". "But we SHOULD be good." Said Berr. "Oh hey! We can call Bush! She'll help us a bit!" as berry said that he began ringing the Pokemon champion, His sister "Hi Sis! Yup! Really? Ok thanks!" Berry rang up "She says we can get a Butterfree in viridian city at lvl 10 and beat the gym!" Said Berry

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Well, then let’s go get you a Butterfree!” Otis said, and she began to run in the direction of a route. All of her Pokemon followed her, still communicating with each other.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Okay! Lets go!" Said Berry. After 1 hour "I cant find anything! I only can find a few weedle's or Caterpies! Lets try calling her again." Said Berry as he called the champion again "Hi Sis. I cant find anything. Really? Ohhhh...Thats why. Okay, Bye sis!" Said Berry as he Hung up "We gotta EVOLVE the Caterpies!" Said Berry "But i'm Impatient. So lets just go! Besides i have an Oddish!" Said Berry

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She and her Pokemon had been training for the past hour. Otis looked at Berry, “Okay then, let’s go!” She bolted to the first Gym, and her Pokemon followed her. Otis pulled out all of their Pokeballs, and returned all of her Pokemon. She quickly checked if she had any healing items. Check! “Okay, now I’m ready.”

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Jeez. Slow down! Its like this is your First gym battle!" Said Berry "Pika! Pikachu!" Said Pikachu. "I know your excited Buddy! Plus i think we are all gonna get a TON of Exp!" Said Berry. "Huh. Well Me and Nidorino are Gonna Surpass BOTH of you!" Said Berr. "We'll see about THAT!" Said Berry "WE will beat it first! Right Buddy?" Said Berry "Pika Pika!" Said Pikachu "Hmm. Your Right!" Said Berry "Now LETS GO!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis hurried inside, she was desperate to test her fighting skills. “Hello? Is the Gym leader in here?” Otis called out, then her bag shook a bit. She called out again, hoping for an answer,

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Hello kids. I am the Pewter City gym leader, Brock!" Said Brock as he showed himself in the light "What brings you here? Let me guess. a Gym battle? Well I'll do it. Who's Going first?". "Me-" Said Berry But he got interrupted By Otis saying "Me. I'm Going first". "Well then its settled" said Brock "You will get to use your whole team and items while i only get to use 2 Pokemon and No items. Sound Fair?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis noticed Brock, and she nodded. “That sounds fair, let’s begin!” Otis smiled, and she threw one of her Pokeballs in the air, “Go Spirit!” Then Spirit came out, her vines slowly came out of her body, ready to attack.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Go! Geodude!" said Brock as the Rock Pokemon came out of the Ball "GEODUDE!" Shouted Geodude with a Intimidating Cry "I'll let you take the first move" Said Brock

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Spirit! Use Leaf Tornado!” Otis called out. Spirit nodded, and a large amount of leaves came spinning to Geodude at frightening speed.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
It hit the Geodude at a strong amount of damage but Geodude still had HP "Geodudes main Ability: Sturdy, If its a One-hit KO it always survives on 1 Hp. Now Geodude, Use Tackle!" Said Brock. Geodude came at Snivy at a Forcing Speed. And it looked as if the Tackle was going to do SERIOUS damage!

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Quick Spirit! Dodge it!” Spirit nodded and moved out of the way just in time. “Now hit it with a Vine Whip!” Otis called out. Spirit unleashed her vines, and whipped the Geodude quickly.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Geodude " Said Geodude. The Geodude had fainted "Well FIRST Pokemon down! Now ANOTHER ONE LEFT!" Said Brock and he Sent out a GIANT Onix "ONIX!" Said Onix with a Big Intimidating Shout "You best be prepared for this fight!" Said Brock

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Well I am!” Otis pulled out Spirit’s Pokeball and said, “Return!” She put Spirit’s Pokeball away, and threw out a different one. “Go, Clara!” Clara came out, her big jaws chomped the air. “I know the different types, and I know that Ground Types are super effective against Rock types, and Rock types are not very effective on Ground and Grass Types!” Otis said, and she looked at Clara. “Clara, use EarthQuake!” Clara nodded, and jumped on the ground repeatedly, the ground shook harshly.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
The Onix Barely Took Damage "Heh. This Onix was my First Pokemon! We have come a Long way! Now enough Chit Chat! Onix use Gyro Ball!" Said Brock. Onix came Charging at the Trapinch. This was a define hit! And Bam! The Trapinch was hit! Taking away half of Trapinch's Health! "You sure you were ready?" said Brock

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis gritted her teeth, “I am prepared! Clara, use Dig, I believe in you!” Clara gave one happy look at Otis before eating away at the dirt. She was underground, completely safe from all attacks and special attacks. Otis waited for Onix to use a move, she knew it would be useless.