• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon University! (PokeU)

Jack finished his Advanced battling class, and yawned he was tired. He was also very dissapointed. The teacher was supposed to be Gold but he didn't show up and instead the Class was taken by an elite 4 from Unova, Grimsley. They hadn't done any battling in that class but instead learnt about some type effective moves against strong pokemon and different strategies. He had particularly enjoyed the Sweeper demonstration. In which a team of pokemon inflicts status and other conditions and effects on the enemy team and has the last pokemon easily beat the enemy team. essentially 'sweeping' them. He wanted to test it one day. He thought grimsley seemed very annoyed he was called in to teach a university. He was walking back to his Dorm as he started to think of where gold was... Maybe he has to battle someone in Johto... Or maybe another Team has come back and needed stopping. He turned the key in his lock to his dorm. He opened the door and was greeted by Gold sleeping in his bed. "U-uh Gold, whatre you doing here?" Jack asked. Gold jerked awake. "Huh, what, who?" Gold said. He got up and looked at Jack. "Oh its you. Yes I needed to speak to you... But never mind that yet, I guess your wondering why im in your bed and wasn't at class today?" Gold said. Jack Nodded. "Well Last night after you were walking in my Trophy room I noticed you had no keys or anything on you, which confused me because my door to my trophy room automatically locks when the door closes... Which means someone has broken in... Since you were the one in there i decided to ask you if you had seen anything. and the reason im in your room is because I didn't want to disturb the class in session so I waited in your dorm until you got back." Gold said. Jack sat down and answered all of golds questions about the break in. Later on gold left and Jack was exhausted. He fell asleep on his beanbag

As Lilac was walking back to her dorm she noticed a man following her. She walked faster, he walked faster. She started to run, she had no idea who he was. She turned a corner and saw a bunch of men walking into people's rooms. The man who was following her brought out an Ekans.

"Ekans! Use Toxic!" The man cried.

Lilac leapt out of the way into a room. She slammed the door closed. When she turned around she saw Gold and a boy. She glanced down at her arm which was grazed from the toxic. She started to sweat.

"I- I'm sorry... I- He-" Lilac said, and then she passed out.

Jasmine heard the noise from outside her dorm she got off her computer and looked out to see lilac on the floor passed out with gold an somebody else "am I not ment to be here?" She asked shyly worried about lilac

Lane heard a small cry outside of his dorm, he was frightened. Lane stepped outside of his dorm and silently crept into the dark and damp hallway. He glimpsed the same boy that was being toted by Gold. His heart stirred with envy. Then, he noticed a body on the ground, apparently withering in pain. Lane rummaged around his pack, surely there was something that could cure the girl!
He found his only Antidote and force-fed the girl.
"Hey! You!" he heard Gold cry.
"Shit." Lane thought to himself.
"Hawlucha! Use Hi Jump Kick!" Lane cried.
Hawlucha nailed Gold straight in the face with a kick. Lane felt satisfaction as he saw Gold, his once hero. Now in pain.
"Good karma for him" Lane thought.
"Hey you!" Lane shouted, "I've seen you around these parts, are you planning to hurt all the trainers here? Huh?" Lane inquired.

Jack looked around at the chaos unfolding he saw a boy come out with a vial of some liquid and was pouring it into the girls mouth whom had just fainted. Jack released lucario and elekid. "You two stop that guy there!" Jack yelled. He saw the boys Pokemon kick gold in the face. "No! Gold! " Jack yelled. His riolu and elekid aproached the boy. "stop! You've hurt enough students and Pokemon let her go! " Jack yelled at the boy

Lane was pissed, no seriously. He was infuriated.
"You stop your freaking bullshit." Lane growled. "You're nothing but a self loving bastard!"
"Now, you bring back your Pokémon, I'll bring back mine." Lane said "We fight this hand to hand, chucklenuts."
"If not? We settle this with Pokémon and physical terms. My Pokémon by far out matches yours by a MILE." Lane said confidently.

Lilac eyes fluttered, there were a few people standing around her. She gasped as the memories came back to her. The men and the Pokemon! She had to tell somebody. "There was a man... Who was following me" Lilac said. Her voice was getting stronger, "They were going into people's rooms and coming back out with stuff..."

Gold looked at the boy, "It wasn't me who hurt her, I swear! A man came with an Ekans and used Toxic." Gold said, "She passed out and he ran off"

"Dammit, do I have to really deal with 3 people at once?" Lane thought to himself.
"You know what? ALL OF YOU, tell me what's going on since we have nothing to fight for if we know what we're dealing with." he said. "We talk, right now."

"Came here to bust the party." Mason said. "Okay, Now who's the bad guy? Bulbasaur, ready your vine whip. Use growth."

"Now listen to me - You do NOT want to lie to us. Right, bulb? Vine whip is a powerful attack, and it will hurt. If you don't want to be demolished by bulbasaur, do not lie to me. He'll keep using growth until he'll have to use vine whip. So that means it will be VERY powerful."

"Do you still want to lie to me? Eevee, get ready to show them a normal type unevolved pokemon can be pretty tough. Now for the questions."

"Who's the bad guy here?"

"Well, great..." Angelina muttered, whilst looking out of the helicopter window. She was supposed to be at PokeU yesterday, but the helicopter ride had taken longer than anticipated, so she was now a day late. And classes started today! She raised her eyes to see her three Pokemon playing together, whilst waiting to arrive to the University. This brought a smile back to her face, and she went to look out again. She'd heard good things about PokeU, and apparently, even Champions taught the students here! Let's just hope no one treats me different because of my family. She thought to herself. She sighed, as the helicopter finally descended to wherever the pilot decided to land.

As Angelina got off the helicopter, she couldn't help but sigh at her father's company logo emblazoned on the side of the chopper. Luckily, for her, there were only a few people outside. Unfortunately, however, the helicopter drew the attention of all of them. "Banzai, Vulcan, Ava, let's go." She called, and her three Pokemon hopped off the chopper, following her to the front doors. Right now, she was wearing her coat, because the chopper was cold. The weather on campus was warmer, though, so she planned on changing outfits as soon as she got settled in to her dorm. Angelina had been informed previously that the doors were automatic, so she simply waited for the door to open.

After Angelina entered, she surveyed the interior of the building. It was well built. The architecture was, in all honesty, amazing. The only thing Angel wasn't sure of, though, was where the Administration Office was. So, she wandered the halls. As she did, she noticed a man, dressed in mostly black, pushing students away as he ran in Angel's direction. There was an Ekans right behind him, too. That looks like toxic glop on the Ekans lips. That means it tried to poison someone recently. But, it seems this man is the Ekans's trainer. I hope I don't regret this. She thought to herself, then sighed. "Banzai, Fire Fang on the Ekans! Ava, use Shadow Ball on the man in the dark outfit!" She ordered. Her Pokemon complied. Banzai's fangs were engulfed in flames as he charged at the Ekans. The Poochyena tackled in to the Ekans, and bit down in the purple snake. At the same time, Ava's Shadow Ball collided with the man, knocking him unconscious. "Banzai, off. Ava, finish Ekans with a swift attack." Angel called out. Banzai jumped off the Ekans as Angel requested, and Ava fired a Swift attack at the Ekans, KOing it. Angel noticed a few stares as she walked over to the unconscious man and grabbed a pokeball from his belt. She lifted it aimed it at the Ekans, and retrieved it. She put the Pokeball in a coat pocket with her others. "Alright, now I get to have fun carrying him." She muttered.

Carrying the man wasn't easy. At all. But, eventually, she found a group of people arguing in what looked like a Dorm hallway. Something about threatening to whip someone? I pray to Arceus that there was more to that. She thought to herself, before speaking up. "Hey!" She called, dropping the man in black. "I found this guy pushing past a bunch of your students with an Ekans behind him, looked like he was up to no good." She informed. "Don't suppose someone would be willing to fill me in?"

"Ah crap." Lane thought to himself. He tilted his head as he heard a call asking them to fill someone in.
"Yeah, we're a bit busy here.." Lane said while keeping his guard up. "You see, THIS BOY" he said as he thrusted a finger towards Jack.
"Hurt innocents and that person you just knocked out. Was the one who poisoned this girl." Lane said while pointed towards the girl that was on the floor.
Lane was panicking, he had no source of defense except his Pokémon and his Swiss Army Knife. He flipped open his knife.
"If things get physical, I'll have the upper-hand." Lane said. "So, JACK. What's up with hurting students and innocents?"

"Alright. So, how, exactly, did he hurt someone?" Angel asked, tilting her head. In the corner of her eye, she'd noticed the man she'd knocked out earlier starting to regain consciousness, and he began to push himself up. "No one told you to wake up yet." She sighed, and pulled her leg back, then swung forward, hitting the criminal in the face, knocking him out cold again. "Because," Angel continued, "the only person who looks like they've been injured is this girl and this guy." She nodded to the man on the floor that she'd just knocked out again.

"I was coming back from class and I noticed a suspicious man following me, I started to run and got cornered, he then told his Ekans to use Toxic and he hit me" Lilac told the others.

Angel's scowl turned to a look of concern for the older girl. "Did you get it treated?" Angel asked. "If not, we should get you to the infirmary now. And, I took care of the man that was following you. At least, I assume this is the guy." She stated, tapping the unconscious man with her boot. "I have his Ekans here, too." She added, taking the Pokeball out of her pocket.

"He gave me an antidote" Lilac said pointing to Lane. Lilac pulled a Petcha berry out of her bag and ate it. "I'll be fine" she said.

Jack listened to the people arguing "Wait, so it isnt him that hurt you?" Jack said to Lilac he looked at lane "Sorry man, I thought you were hurting my friends" Jack said apologetically. "I have one question though, Why did you make your pokemon hurt Gold? He didn't do anything, and my bet is that if things had gone sour he has the best pokemon out of all of us being the champion and all." Jack looked at gold, still on the floor

Suddenly a man came running down the hall.
"Oh no you don't!" Lilac yelled, she kicked the man in the stomach and pinned him down on the floor. "You need to help Gold" She said, "I'll take care of this."

Jack Grabbed gold by the collar and pulled, he was heavier than he seemed. He saw Lilac battling with the man who had come running down the hall. He quickly gathered his strength and pulled gold onto his shoulders, he walked down the hall towards the Infirmary, whilst he was walking toward it he saw The Champions battling with other men in the same black shirts, He saw a man dressed differently to the rest, with spiky Blue hair. He got Gold to the infirmary and the Nurse Joy took him in. "Looks like he might have a broken nose, and a concussion but he should be fine." Nurse Joy said. Jack left him there and went back to help his friends

Angel sighed, as she saw two more dark-clothed men running towards them. "Banzai, Vulcan, Ava, help us out!" She called, tossing three Luxury Balls into the air. They all opened, revealing her three Pokemon. The two men sent out Pokemon of their own. "Banzai, watch my back! Ava, Vulcan, take out their Pokemon!" She instructed. Her Pokemon followed through with her request. Vulcan used a Flame Wheel, launching into the Absol one of the criminals had. Banzai watched her back, reporting nothing, while Ava fired a Shadow Ball attack at the other man's Pokemon, an Arbok.

Lane fingered all three of his Pokéball as he covered for Jack to get away from the black-clothed men.
"Hawlucha! You know the drill, aim for the pressure points. Try knocking out as much people as you can!" Lane ordered his Hawlucha.
"Starvia! Try pecking at their eyes and disabling them or blind them for a moment." Lane commanded his Starvia.
"Shelgon, you be the tank. Use Toxic on as much people as you can. Remember to use Protect." He told his Shelgon.
Lane flipped open his butterfly knife. Heart pounding, Lane kicked a man in the chest and saw his Pokémon assisting him. Shelgon poisoned one man and blocked a gunshot from another.
"Angel, we gotta fall back-" Lane grunted as he got kicked in stomach "We can't hold'em off for so long!"
Lane retreated knife brandished, slowly retreating as his Pokémon switched to more defensive moves.

"Wait, wha- I didn't get it, Who's the bad guy? Bulby, get ready." Mason pointed to one of the black shirted guys. "Use your vine whip." He whispered to bulbasaur.

"Go, Eevee! Use double edge! And you, pal, you stay with me." Mason held his egg. He felt it moving. About time, bud. "Bulbasaur! Watch out!" Bulbasaur got hit by the opponent's flame wheel. He fainted. "Bulbasaur! Return!" Mason commanded his bulbasaur to return.

The egg started shaking harder. "Hey, you there! Kid with hawlucha! Help me out here!"

Lane panted, he was tired, exhausted, and deathly afraid.
"What would Dad do?"
He heard a cry for help, he advanced forward covering for the lesser trainer with a Bulbasaur that fainted recently.
"Oi! You with the fainted Bulbasaur! Fall back, we aren't able to hold'em off for a short amount of time!" Lane shouted.
Lane fill backwards and hit a locker with his head as one of the black-clothed men used "Explosion" all of his Pokémon flew backwards with him.
"All of you, go back to your Pokéballs!" he said to all of his Pokémon.
Lane stood a retreated to the hallway that led to the dorms.

Jack returned to the scene, there were several men approaching down the hallway "Who are you guys anyway!" Jack Yelled out as he sent out his riolu and Elekid.
things like this never happened in Johto!

Riolu preceded to hit one after another of the black clothed mens pokemon with Fighting type moves, Riolu was getting tired it seemed... Elekid noticed and charged to his rescue. He jumped in front of Riolu and used shock wave. Elekid kept fighting. He used Thunderbolt and was soon having the men in retreat
Woah, Elekid sure is strong. I didnt know it was that powerful though!
Jack started over to help his other friends when a man in a mask sent out a Golem which charged at Jack. Jacks eyes opened wide as he saw the formidable pokemon about to trample him and his life flashed before his eyes. suddenly Riolu hopped up and jumped in between Jack and the Charging ball of rock. The hallway was bathed in a white light. There was a crack and a boom... when jack regained his vision the Golem was slumped against a wall with his trainer slumped beside it. The other pokemon and people in the hall looked stunned, suddenly Jack noticed that it wasnt riolu standing in front of him anymore. Lucario turned back and looked at Jack, a telekinetic link was sent to Jacks mind. I evolved to protect you... Friend. Jack Realised the voice in his head was the Lucarios. "T-thank you Riol--Lucario" Jack stuttered, shocked that his pokemon was able to communicate with him. Lucario nodded. Jack stood up with a determined look on his face. "Let's do this" He said.

"Oh my flippin robotic socks with onion and sour cream and mayo! Your riolu evolved into a lucario! But I need you to do me a favor, if you can. I need you to hold my egg while I do something. Just make sure it doesn't hatch!" Mason gave his egg to jack.

"Eevee, are you ready?" Mason asked. "Eev! Eevee!" Eevee replied. "Let's go! Rampage!" Mason shouted. He rampaged with eevee through the wall of the black shirted people. "I need to check their backs!" There was a red R on their backs. "No... it can't be... It must be another team!"

"Team rocket was disbanded years ago! It can't be! It has to be another team!" Mason was angry. He used a revive on bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur! Hit them with all you've got!"

Jack Held the egg, Lucario was standing guard over him and the other pokemon and students, he heard the boy say something about team rocket and his interest peaked. "Team Rocket!!? Those guys are everywhere! I remember helping Falkner defend Violet city against them with some other trainers back in Johto! But why would they be here!" Jack Yelled trying to think of an answer
I was sure that the man in the blue suit had taken care of them for good, why are they back here looking for me after all this time...could it be... no surely not, they couldn't have figured it out... Falkner and Wulfric had made sure... Jack thought to himself. He Commanded lucario to use his new move Aura Sphere on the grunts to help clear them out of the school. He heard the champions recalling their pokemon too. "I think they're retreating guys, its all good!" Jack yelled out, trying to calm the situation.

"Thanks for keeping the egg safe." Mason took back the egg. "But if team rocket's back, that means... Oh no no no no! Sorry, I have to get back to my dorm." Mason started to walk to his dorm, but a slight rumble moved in the egg.

"Oh! I've been waiting for this! Guys, look! My egg is hatching!" Mason put on a big smile. There were cracks appearing on the egg. He could slightly see something in there. There was a pink hand coming out. He then saw what was supposedly a nose. He already knew what it was.

"I hatched a mime jr!" Mason held his newly hatched mime jr. "What do you think, uhh... Jack, was it?"

"Congratulations. As far as that Mine Jr. knows, you're it's father, now!" Angel congratulated the trainer whose egg just hatched. Then, she sighed. "That's one way to kick off your first day." She muttered. Then, she pulled the three Luxury Balls out of her coat pocket, and aimed them towards her Pokemon. "You three did great, return!" She said, retrieving her Pokemon. "So~, any of you know where the administration office is?"

Danny finished his Pokémon research class. He picked up his books and left. He stuffed several text books and binder for note-taking in his bag. He released Frogadier from it's ball. Frogadier saluted it's trainer.

Danny and his Pokémon wandered around campus looking for sonething to do. He heard a girl ask where the registration office was. Danny swiftly stated,"Over there," and pointed to glass building.

A day had passed since team rocket had invaded the school, Jack was still learning the new strength of Lucario, His other pokemon had become noticeably stronger since he had arrived at the university about a week ago, His Lapras was very powerful, alongside his munchlax and elekid. Jack knew the Pokemon University was a good idea. He had already learnt the morals and values of a trainer, He felt like his father would be proud of him, His father the famous Benny Warren, the world renowned archaeologist and Fossil pokemon trainer. He had always lived in his fathers shadow. It was the reason he had wanted to become a archaeologist when he was younger, to gain the glory his dad had... Then he met his Mother... The mysterious Jean Warren. The Pokemon Ranger who used the legendary and mythical pokemon for her aid. Both his parents were both top of their proffesions. Jack came to a realisation... He didn't want to be 2nd best, his parents had there thing, he wanted his own thing.
But what is that thing... Gym Leader? No... Elite 4? Nah... Champion? Maybe... We'll see. I want something more though, Not just a title, A reputation. Something.... Formidable.

Jack thought to himself about it long and hard. He looked at his lucario, who was sleeping whilst standing. "That's it! I want to Raise my team to be unbeatable... To make them not be able to get any better. Conquer every league there is!" Jack smiled. He knew he had a journey ahead. but what was at the end made it all worthwhile. He was caught in a trance of dreams and thoughts, when suddenly he heard a knock at the door. He opened the door to find an empty hallway. With a parcel on the ground. He looked at the tag it had attached. it read. To Jack-- I heard you have started university! I am very proud, so is your mother, We may come visit you in the near future as we have word of a dig site near the school! In this box is a little present for you, We used these machines to bring it back from the rock! Hope you enjoy! ~Dad Jack Bought the box inside and opened it, Inside was a pokeball. He picked it up and cautiously released it into his room. Stood before him was an ancient looking pokemon, the likes he had never seen before. He quickly opened his pokedex to find information about the pokemon. "A tyrunt?" Jack said puzzled. I've never heard of a tyrunt before...

Finlay drove his motorbike around the corner to see the grand Pokemon University, that he will be attending for the foreseeable future. He drove into the car park and locked his motorbike. He got his luggage together and headed up the stairs to the modern designed entrance of the University. He pushed through the revolving doors and went up to the reception to get all the info he needed. Finlay started to make his way down the hallway to his dorm room and saw someone open their door and picked up a parcel that awaited him in the hallway. The guy closed his door again before Finlay could say hi, so he just continued his way to his room. He finally reached his door that had the number 8 on it. Finlay confirmed that this was the correct room before he embarrassed himself by going into someone else's room.

He entered and dumped his luggage beside his bed. He inspected the room to see a window with a desk in front of it, possibly for the work that he won't do. There was a cupboard opposite the bed that was up against the wall. "Can't be bothered to unpack," Finlay said as he pulled out his Pokeball. He opened it and released his partner, Bango the Chimchar. "Hey, Bango. How are you doing?" Finlay asked. "Chim!" Bango cheered. "Awesome...Let's walk around," Finlay said as he opened his door again, Bango hastily followed out of his room and Finlay closed the door and jingled the keys in his hand as tried to grip the correct key to lock the door.

Angelina had gone through the little entrance quiz that was set up, and showed to her room last night. She was tired because of the whole Team Rocket debacle, and hadn't taken the time to look around her room, or even change. Her room was room number 15, that's all she knew. As she opened her eyes that morning, she finally took the time to look around her room. She'd viewed the brochure for PokeU, and it looked like her's was upgraded compared to the beds in the brochure. Of course they are. She thought, sighing. Always getting better things than the others. Either way, Angel thought it was chilly, so she decided to wear her coat outfit today.

Finlay looked out the window and noticed how dark it had got and how empty the hallway had become. "Oh...I should probably leave our exploring 'till tomorrow. Finlay then re-entered his room and prepared himself for bed. He laid down under his covers and rolled over to lie on his stomach and his head was on its side. Finlay was rather quick to fall asleep since it was such a long journey to get here. Bango however, struggled to go to sleep and sat on the pillow beside Finlay's head. Bango looked over at the slumbering Finlay to see him drooling onto his pillow. Bango got bored and jumped up onto the desk and looked out the window, to watch the stars, showcase its prettiness in the dark blue sky. It was rather bright, despite it being night.

Finlay woke up the next morning, freaking out for a moment as he forgot where he was. He eventually remembered and looked beside him to say good morning to Bango. But Bango was missing from the pillow that Finlay saw him last. Finlay jumped out of bed and noticed Bango sleeping on the desk. Finlay gently woke him up and picked him up. "Morning buddy, why were you on the desk?" Finlay asked. Chimchar slowly opened his eyes. He scrunched up his face in reaction to the sudden change of light going into his eyes and held up his hand blocking the sun's rays. "Chim," Bango said as he shrugged his shoulder. "...okay then," Finlay said full of suspicion.

Finlay put his day clothes on and his beloved parka jacket on. He left the room still putting on his wristwatch. Bango sat on Finlay's shoulder, yawning and stretching as he was still in the process of waking up. Finlay then started to cluelessly walk around, as he didn't know where to go.

As Angelina left her dorm and proceeded to the cafeteria, there was still an hour or two before classes started, she noticed someone with a Chimchar seemingly wandering around the halls aimlessly. Banzai was at her side, and the Poochyena seemed confused as to why the two seemed to be going nowhere specific. Angel shrugged, as she approached them. "Excuse me, do you know where you're going?" She asked.

Finlay turned to a lady who approached him. "Well madam... I have absaloutley no idea where I am or where I'm going," Finlay replied with a big grin. He suddenly changed as he dropped to his knees and held his hands together with a panicked face. "Please help me! I don't know what I'm doing!" Finlay pleaded. Bango looked at Finlay trying not to laugh and folding his lips in an attempt to hold back his giggles.

Angelina did her best to suppress a laugh at the student's sudden change in behavior. "Well, it depends on what classes you're taking. I'm going to go ahead and assume you already signed up and received your dorm room number." She began, with a friendly smile. "If you're taking Advanced Battling, it doesn't start for another hour or so. I was on my way to the cafeteria myself."

Lilac sat in her room and looked out her window. Her classes didn't start for a while. Her Ralts had evolved into a Kirlia yesterday and she was very proud.

Finlay stood up again, losing his goofy panicked state. "Nah, I'm doing Pokemon research and Technology," Finlay said scratching his head. Bango jumped down for his shoulder and approached the Poochyena. "Chimcher," Bango chirped with a big smile, he waved slightly also.

Last edited:
Lane sat down on his bench, earbuds plugged in. He listened to some Jazz when he heard a small squeak coming from his Shelgon. He looked under his bench and holy mother of lord, Shelgon was glistening and evolving! He grabbed Shelgon and quickly ran to the gym where he had enough space in order to evolve into Lane's dream Pokémon, Salamence. He ran out to the hallways like a deranged monkey and started shouting.
"My Shelgon's evolving into a Salamence!" Lane yelled. "Holy mom's spaghetti and Poké Cheese Sticks!"
He grabbed the rest of his Pokémon, and released them all so they could view the spectacular evolution of his ol' friend Shelgon.

Jack had just finished his class in advanced Battling, He had beaten a few of the students before succumbing to a fat boys Uncannily strong pokemon. He knew he was getting stronger and stronger, he could feel himself not only maturing as a pokemon trainer but also as a person too. He was standing in the hallway waiting outside one of the gyms for a challenger. He wanted to prove himself once and for all, he wanted to become the best trainer in the school, and beat the school gyms, then become the first champion of the Chukan Region. He wanted to train, and his pokemon loved it. He just couldnt find someone around his skill level...

"Okay, so, mime, this is a pokeball. And this is a great ball! which one do you prefer?" Mason held mime jr. "Mime!" Mime jr grabbed mason's nose. "No, mime, there are no nose balls." said mason. "Uff!" Mason didn't look up, and hit jack. "Oh, sorry!"