• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Themed Board Games, Arcade Games, Rides, etc.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It hit me in the chat earlier that a "Hungry Hungry Hippowdon" board game would be amusing to see (based on "Hungry Hungry Hippos" for anyone who's lived under a rock their entire existence :p). I've always been dying to play a game of Whack-A-Diglett, too, which I'm pretty sure the PokePark had in some form.

I think you guys get the idea. Taking already existing arcade-style games, board games, amusement park rides, etc., how would you put a Pokemon spin on them?

Another example... a Farfetch'd Duck Shooting game. You score extra points if you hit the cackling Granbull :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Pin the tail on the Ponyta has a certain ring to it...

Ekans Snakes and ladders.

Mouse Trap with Rattata or Pikachu ^^

LOL. That's mean, Magpie!!! Maybe they could do a mini-golf course based on different Pokemon. Like on Hole 4 or something you'd have to get the ball into a Kecleon's mouth before it shuts.... Or... Mr. Mime (Simon) Says...Even funnier would be Operation Snorlax. Or Spheal bowling....Morphed Ditto could be the pins. XD ..Even funnier than Pin the Tail on the Ponyta would be Pin the Tail on the Milktank....Tauros has too short a temper. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Pac-Munchlax. Instead of Pac-Man, we would have Pac-Munclax eating all those wittle dots and trying to escape/defeat those little ghosty things, now Shuppets.

howabout pokemon monopoly?

wait...just realized where I got that from *checks closet* yup, already done...darn, I don't have all of the pieces...missing bulbasaur and charmander...I think...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I had pokemon Monopoly, but I was disappointed in the design - not enough Pokemon influence for me. It could have been done so much better, though I did like the character pieces.

I was thinking Psyduck hook-a-duck, but I think it would look a bit mean. Poor Psyduck. Gyarados would probably make a good log-flume theme, the ride could take you down it's back for the huge dip.

Spinda ride? Kinda like the teacups at Disney Land. Only you get into it's head X3.
POUND PUPPIES! Ya know... the dogs with the ridiculous big sad eyes? Make 'em Pokemon and we have a business.
Oh, I want a Pokemon merry-go-round. I think there's one in one of the movies...but that would be awesome (You could ride on Ponyta and legendaries like Entei).
Rayquaza roller coaster. It could be REEAAAAALLY high. I probably wouldn't ride it but...some people would.
I want a Pokemon astro jump.
And that's it for now.​

How 'bout Wheel Of Weedle (a take one Wheel Of Fortune)- if you get bankrupt Weedle comes out and stings you- ouch!

And maybe "Dunk the Vaporeon"?

Plus a major attraction for the little kids- Jigglypuff Face Painting (thought up by my brilliant little sis ;)) anyone who remembers seasons 1/2/3 of Pokemon will get it ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

LOL. Yay Jigglypuff face-painting!

Pokemon Sorry would be cool. Yellows would be Pikachu, reds would be Chimchars, blues would be Totodiles, and green be Treeckos.

What about Don't Wake Snorlax? (Based off of Don't Wake Daddy for those who don't know.) Although I think it might take more than a bell to wake Snorlax up. ;)

What about Baltoy Battletops (Based on battletops, at least I think that's what its called).

Or one of those videos that come with a punching bag that teach you karate with a Machoke as the teacher.

I have pokemon sorry at my house...
What about pokemon chess? That would be awesome :D
I have the adventures in neopia game, what if it was adventures in pokemon land? Or whatever the name of the place where they went for vacation in the first movie
And maybe a pokemon version of the hi-ho cherry-o game? if the spinner lands on the pidgey it eats all your cherries! ....that was random
and pokemon solitaire would be cool :)