• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Plush

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic, I don't know where else to put it and didn't see another topic concerning plush.

Where do you guys get your plushes? I am trying to find a Totodile plush that is actually legit and not used. Since Pokemon Center does not exist anymore, I have no clue where to find one. Even Walmart doesn't have them and Toysrus only has like 7 dolls and none one I would want a doll of. The place you give doesn't have to have Totodile, but I just want a place where I can get one because I want one really bad after reading about people's plush Pikachu, Buizel, etc. Thanks for the help guys!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hrm... That's a tough one. The places you mentioned are the exact places I'd hit for Pokemon merch on a regular basis, and anywhere else I'd go - ie. Asian malls in the Toronto area - I can only get to a few times a year.

There really is no great place to buy Pokemon plushies or figures outside of Japan. eBay seems to be what a number of people turn to, but you'll either need a PalPay account or credit card to deal with it. Many parents might be a bit iffy about it too and wouldn't allow you to use it - for good reason, really. If you're not paying attention, you can get scammed badly.

I do know of one other alternative, but... it's a closed community, so it wouldn't do you much good even if you knew about it ^^;

Otherwise, sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm a long time Pokemon merchandise collector myself, and I know how hard it can be to track down specific things when all you have available are a few random stores.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Most of mine have come off eBay. I don't have my own account, because I personally don't trust it, but a couple of my friends do and I just use theirs after giving them the money.

I have however got a couple off Amazon before, where I do have my own account. I find that site totally safe and professional. I've just looked (on the UK version) and they do have a couple of Totodile plushes. If the UK Amazon has them, then I'd be surprised if other versions didn't.

*Sits and awaits the day they make a Manectric OR Murkrow plush* My favourites just don't seem to get much attention

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have however got a couple off Amazon before, where I do have my own account. I find that site totally safe and professional.

Totally agree. Amazon is perfectly safe, very professional, and a really great resource for certain things.

I've actually never considered it for Pokemon merch before, though... =o

Thanks Magpie! XD That's a great idea ^^

Thanks! I checked Amazon and they do have a few Totodile plushies. Now's the part when I persuade my parents why it's not stupid for a 16 year old to get one. XD

The only reason Manetric and Murkrow aren't as available as Totodile because it's not a starter. But I bet they will start making Murkrow and Honkrow eventually because Paul has one in the anime. Well thanks for helping guys.

EDIT: Just realized if I can get my 7 year old brother to get a plush (won't be hard. I think he'd love one) I can say i'm getting one to play with him. Lolz. Just say that it's something else for us to do besides video games. Which isn't far from the truth since we probably will end up doing that....

As mentioned by Linkachu, asian markets and "chinatown" areas are a great place to find anime merchandise, problem is its often knock-off brands.

Anywho, I hope you get your parents do get you that Toto plushie if they do make sure to take a pic for the member pic thread :D