• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Vast Riches - [Roleplay]

Liz looked shocked for a second before looking a little relaxed. "I guess I just got a little unlucky is all.." She waved goodbye and picked up her stuff and got ready to go. She looked at the fountain with mixed feelings about the town and walked away. She walked over to the Loopy Lopunny and stopped at the entrance. "This is the place I was told to go to, but I don't even have.." She looked through her bag, she was completely out of money from her travels here. She started to tear up a bit. "I'm broke and got nowhere to stay now.." She took off her bag and threw it to the side as she sat along the outside of the inn. She looked off into the distance in defeat not knowing what to do at all.

Mib watched the Buizel walk over to the Loopy Lopunny Inn and saw her broke down against the side of the inn. Empathizing with her, he walked up to her and knelt down. "What's the matter, dear? Is there anything I can do to help?" His natural Inteleon charm may or may not be working at this instant, but he wanted to help the poor Buizel, who seemed to be going from one bad thing to the next. He didn't exactly know what was wrong with her, but something told him that she didn't have the funds. He wanted to be sure, though.

Liz noticed the same Inteleon from earlier walk up to her. In response to the question, she quickly jumped up and tried to wipe the tears away. "No! I'm okay.. I just don't think this inn is in my price range is all." She looked away from him a bit and avoided eye contact. She looked at her bag with a few of her items fallen out of it. She walked past the Inteleon to her bag and cleaned up the mess she made on the ground, starting to put the items neatly back into the bag. One of the items was a notebook of some sort. She quickly put that one away in the back of her bag pouch.

Mib watched as she quickly hushed her problem and went to pack her things. Mib just sighed and stood up. He knew full well that was a partial lie. He walked over to her and smiled. "No, no, I don't think I explained myself well enough. I will pay any and all expenses you make in the inn."

Even though bounty hunting was getting a little scarce for him, he still had some coin he could spend on someone who needed it.

He looked at her with a cheeky smile. "Come on, with me helping you out, you don't have to fret."

Liz jumped at the offer and turned to the Inteleon. "Why are you helping a stranger? All I have done so far anyway is causing you trouble by being so stupid as to fall into the hands of an obvious Sweet Scent of some sort. Look, I appreciate the offer, but save your money for yourself, no matter how much you have." She looked down but she seemed a little angry at both him and herself. She started to walk away from him without saying another word.

Mib just chuckled and shook his head. He chased after her and walked with her. "What's got you up in a tizzy? Goodness. Why would you deny help? Especially when you know you need it? And I help strangers all the time. I'm a mercenary, it's what I do. And so far, you were at the wrong place in the wrong time. I don't think that qualifies as you causing me trouble anyway."

He scratched the back of his head, wondering how else he was going to convince her if she denied this sound logic.

Liz looked at the Inteleon with a slightly off look. “I’m just looking for something. I don’t know what it is, but I’m not satisfied anymore. And if you’re wondering how that connects to me, I’ll just tell you. Good things don’t come to those who ask. I know I didn’t ask you for money, but it’s just not what I want. I’ll be staying outside of town until I move out again, I don’t see much point in staying any longer then in other towns.” She turns away in a random direction away from the Inteleon, trying to escape.

Mib sighed. He stopped walking a bit and let her walk a little before raising his voice at her so she can hear. "Well, if you are ever hungry and thirsty and need a place to rest, come find me in the inn and I'll help you," Mib sighed again in defeat and began sulking back to the inn. His head hung low. The one time he tried to help a woman without trying to woo her failed tremendously. Shaking his head, he looked back to see if, for one moment, she changed her mind.

She nodded her head down as she continued to walk away. She didn't look back until she reached the exit of town. She looked back at the small town and felt sad that she couldn't find what she was looking for, whatever it was. She walked out into a field outside of town and set down her bag somewhere not too far off from a path. She sat down with it and just looked up into the sky. "I need to find it, but nowhere I go has what I'm looking for, does it?" She laid down her head and drifted off to sleep.

As Adam tried to discuss his suggestions with treasure hunting, he began to grow vexed of the noise outside and thought he heard what sounded like a battle. "Are those two Ursarings having another fight outside?" He muttered to himself as he slowly stood up. "I'm going outside for a sec, you can tag along or stay and eat." The Gallade said as he made his way to the entrance and walked out, immediately his cloak was swayed by the breeze and he saw that looked like a somewhat familiar Intelleon with a female Buizel, there was a faintly sweet smell in the air that likely dissipated thanks to the wind. He turned his head to see the familiar Falinks team. "Hey lil' guys, what exactly happened here?" He asked with his arms folded within his cloak.

The team of soldiers didn't seem to react, save for the brass, who wheeled around and stared the Gallade in the eyes. They were all rather short, but the brass' voice was startlingly loud and firm, filled with a sense of unfaltering confidence and a commanding aura.

"DOUBLE RANK!" The brass barked. The other five soldiers immediately formed a pair of horizontal lines parallel to the brass and stood behind him. Three in the back, two in the front. The brass, meanwhile, didn't move a muscle as he glared up at the Gallade. The soldiers didn't, and all of them stared straight ahead, at attention.

"A Salazzle attempted to ambush one of the civilians in the area without warning or reason. It didn't take long for her to scramble off. We are maintaining patrol here until we are certain she won't try to repeat her action again sometime soon. Do not call us small."

"A Salazzle?" Adam asked as he began to ponder. "The Ruby Village is a very secure place thanks to the Guild's heavy presence here, someone would have to be crazy or have one hell of a plan to try and steal here, is the civilian she attacked okay? I dunno why someone would try and steal from a random individual; it's not like they have a Phantom Crystal on them or anything." He added, the last part sounded closer to a little quip to help lighten the mood.

Rex

Resident Furry
"It's roughly east-southeast as the Murkrow flies," Dustin replied, "though the realities of the terrain mean we'll probably have to drift a bit further south and then swing back north once we cross the mountains."

As a nice bonus, this sort of curving route should take them far enough south as to be out of his father's territory. Adam seemed interested, at least, though he did also contribute his own rumor. A treasure at the bottom of a lake, though it seemed to Dustin that he was the only one equipped to take on an expedition of that nature. He supposed in that sort of instance the rest of the group would be supporting him from the surface, on a boat? He didn't really get a chance to ask before Adam got distracted again, this time by the noise of some sort of commotion outside.

It seemed to be the sound of a scuffle. The Buizel's first instinct was to dismiss it, such minor quibbles were common back home, but the Gallade was already on his feet and halfway out the door before Dustin could say anything. He supposed fighting was probably less common in a village full of treasure hunters. The Buizel quickly finished the rest of his meal, before pouring as much of the juice as would fit into a waterskin procured from his pouch. What juice remained in the bowl was drank, then he hurried after Adam.

Stepping outside, he caught a whiff of something on the air. A sickeningly sweet smell that burned his nose as it flitted past. He was just in time to catch the last bits of a conversation Adam was having with an Inteleon and the head - the brass he thought they called it? - of a Falinks. He vaguely recognized the two as patrons of the bar from earlier. They were talking about a Salazzle in the village, that would explain the stench. Anyway, the scent was fading fast, so it seemed the Pokemon was long gone by now. The Buizel rested a paw on his hip pouch, and approached the small group.

"Smart bandits rarely work alone," he ventured, speaking from his own personal experience. His father had always expected his underlings to work in teams. At the very least, he would have expected a Salazzle to be at the head of a harem of Salandits who would do her bidding unconditionally. "It's a good idea to keep your eyes open."

Walking back and seeing a Gallade speak to Maz, and then a Buizel appeared giving his two-tenths, Mib had to interject.

"Eh, you would assume so, but she's not like other Salazzle. She hates working in groups. The six times I have caught her, she hadn't had anyone working with her. She seems to be too confident and/or really hates working with others."

He looked at the two newish Pokemon and recognized them from the bar. He figured they were a part of a team. He waved his hand at them and introduced himself. "Anyway, the name is Mib, a mercenary. I'm assuming you both are an exploration team or treasure hunters or whoever they call themselves."

The town made Swine the resident ambulance of sorts, which meant she couldn't go anywhere beyond the outskirts of Ruby Town, effectively trapping her in town. Of course, she would still help people out, but she won't be able to leave town. (OOC: I made it so Swine could be used by other people as an NPC, so she can still do her main purpose.)

BIC: Inteleon had caught wind of some information from one of the roosting bird Pokemon talking about something happening in a nearby pond. Steeling himself for that, he waved at the male Buizel, Adam, and Flanks goodbye and grabbed his things before leaving. As he traveled out from the town, he waved goodbye at the female Buizel, who gave him a bit of trouble earlier, and walked off.

The pond shenanigans was a setup to get the Inteleon to come by. The Salazzle awaited for him to come by. Having hidden herself in the bushes nearby, sent out her Sweet Scent, making Mib fall for her immediately. He was surprised and was unable to stop it. He found himself following her to her den and before blacking out. Amethyst finally found her prey. She was going to make sure he regret every sending her to prison by making him her slave.