• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon: Interstellar - Discussion Thread

@Max Million awesome post, love the battle between Bliar and Eric!! Im also really excited to see where the thing in Hoenn with Magma and Aqua goes. Slight discrepancy I noticed though, Blair is fighting the first member of the E4 in my post while the champ, Baldour is off to the side in his own spectating area watching. That's where he gets attacked by Plasma and such, he isn't battling.

Part two of Interstellars stuff for this 'event' will be posted probably tomorrow !
Thank you! I will take that as a compliment! I was going to make a bigger post explaining what happened, but I'd thought since you introduced one of Blair's Pokemon that the rest of her team would be up to the imagination, for now. I didn't want to take too much time explaning each detail too!
Ouch, that must had hit Eric hard to lose like that....and being booed at poor Eric xD
Yep! His ego is pretty much destroyed now!

Now to work out what he would actually be like. Do I continue to make him cocky or will his personality be COMPLETELY destroyed? Decisions, decisions!

Pffft xD well if u want to hear my idea @H47E like a said this character i have would be related to one of the ocs I am rping now. Basically, this character was a very troublesome kid, always getting into naughty situations, the parents tried to discipline better but to to no avail. This character than suddenly ran away from home not respecting the parents at all. Of course, as the character gets older, this character starts to take a bad path of stealing Pokemon and joining evil organizations following their path, believing in their ideals. Basically this character would be anything to achieve their goals. This character will mostly be on the much older side team fully evolved to make it difficult for the characters to defeat but if u don't agree with the fully team I can just down size a bit

So to make sure I understood your idea, the psychic gym is the formal gym while the dojo nextdoor is a training program for kids with psychic abilities? I quite like this idea if thats accurate to what you had planned. Would the Admin have a side goal of their own revolving around the dojo, like recruiting the kids or nabbing the psychic Pokémon for powering the gauntlets?
That could definitely work, but my main idea would be that somehow in the years that have passed since Sabrina was the gym leader, the psychic powers of the proceeding gym leaders weakened over time, allowing the fighting type dojo to become the new official gym of Saffron City, and then as an act of Kindness, the fighting type dojo opened up a school for gifted young children with psychic powers. It could be like a give or take type of cycle where every few generations the strength of each group sort of changes.

And even as a little plus, defeating all the young psychic children and their headmaster (who I would assume would be Sabrina’s descendant) Would gift you with either a Gardevior or Gallade (kinda like Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan)

That could definitely work, but my main idea would be that somehow in the years that have passed since Sabrina was the gym leader, the psychic powers of the proceeding gym leaders weakened over time, allowing the fighting type dojo to become the new official gym of Saffron City, and then as an act of Kindness, the fighting type dojo opened up a school for gifted young children with psychic powers. It could be like a give or take type of cycle where every few generations the strength of each group sort of changes.

And even as a little plus, defeating all the young psychic children and their headmaster (who I would assume would be Sabrina’s descendant) Would gift you with either a Gardevior or Gallade (kinda like Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan)
I thought this mightve been what you meant but wasn't sure upon my first read through of the idea! Yes, I like this quite a lot. How about we say currently the Psychic gym is what stands officially purely because that's what I have on the gym circuit list in the header post, however with this ongoing event with the Rockets invasion the gym could fall and prove to be weaker than the dojo like you said, thus being replaced. Good worldbuilding honestly!

Pffft xD well if u want to hear my idea @H47E like a said this character i have would be related to one of the ocs I am rping now. Basically, this character was a very troublesome kid, always getting into naughty situations, the parents tried to discipline better but to to no avail. This character than suddenly ran away from home not respecting the parents at all. Of course, as the character gets older, this character starts to take a bad path of stealing Pokemon and joining evil organizations following their path, believing in their ideals. Basically this character would be anything to achieve their goals. This character will mostly be on the much older side team fully evolved to make it difficult for the characters to defeat but if u don't agree with the fully team I can just down size a bit
Other than the fully evolved team, I like it. We could use some more bad guy characters to cause some minor trouble or team with Interstellar.

Thank you! I will take that as a compliment! I was going to make a bigger post explaining what happened, but I'd thought since you introduced one of Blair's Pokemon that the rest of her team would be up to the imagination, for now. I didn't want to take too much time explaning each detail too!

Yep! His ego is pretty much destroyed now!

Now to work out what he would actually be like. Do I continue to make him cocky or will his personality be COMPLETELY destroyed? Decisions, decisions!
I personally would love to see him become an emotionally distraught man with his pride in tatters that finds the will to fight again because it's the right thing and not for the glory. I have zero doubt this arc for Eric is going to be legendary!!

@GLITCHSKULL to clarify, yes you are accepted. You are welcome to start posting in the rp thread whenever :)

First post done. God, I hope it's ok... Shard evolving is the beginning of his luck. Hoping he catches a Shiny when all the Prism Tower stuff dies down...
An early evolution for sure, but overall a great introduction! Placing him in Prism Tower was a good choice and the evolution during a tense battle is awesome. Hopefully it helps to have a second stage Pokémon against any higher level Interstellars. Top floor is where they would be, if you get your character there I'll be in control of the baddies if ya don't mind ;D

I thought this mightve been what you meant but wasn't sure upon my first read through of the idea! Yes, I like this quite a lot. How about we say currently the Psychic gym is what stands officially purely because that's what I have on the gym circuit list in the header post, however with this ongoing event with the Rockets invasion the gym could fall and prove to be weaker than the dojo like you said, thus being replaced. Good worldbuilding honestly!

Other than the fully evolved team, I like it. We could use some more bad guy characters to cause some minor trouble or team with Interstellar.
Maybe it could be like the Psychic Powers of the psychic gym trainers and leaders have grown weaker, so it’s pretty easy for the Psy Gauntlet wearing rocket members to overthrow the gym, and afterwards the fighting dojo takes over as gym leader and then the dojo turns into a school for young gifted psychics later down the line if/when Xero returns to Saffron?

Maybe it could be like the Psychic Powers of the psychic gym trainers and leaders have grown weaker, so it’s pretty easy for the Psy Gauntlet wearing rocket members to overthrow the gym, and afterwards the fighting dojo takes over as gym leader and then the dojo turns into a school for young gifted psychics later down the line if/when Xero returns to Saffron?
I love this, gives something to work towards saving for protagonists and provides genuine world changes through the story as things develop. Would be a good shock value thing to see the psygauntlets up against natural psychic ability too, gives them some power scaling. Full support from me on this idea.

Well here's my villain guys, read at your own Discretion xD

Name: Alamire Sinclair

Trainer Class (Coordinator/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Battler

Physical Appearance: He is a light-skinned young male with a well fit masculine build with muscles shown. He has light Pastel blue hair but half his tips are colored dark red for a better look. He has light blue eyes. His hair is wavy that is a bit long in the back but tied in a small ponytail.

Clothing/Bag: He wears a punk style with the jacket, pants and boots. His right ear as a long black earring as the top of his ear cartilage vertically positions, a Fang earring hanging and stub just next to it. He wears black gloves exposing his fingers with a chain attached to them both with black bracelet cuffs on his wrist. In his bag are 20 Dusk balls, Toxic orb, Flame Orb,

Personality: He is by far not the kindest person you will meet. He is greedy and cruel especially with the trainers he battles. He will show no mercy towards them even the Pokémon is already down. He will do anything to achieve his goals and destroy anyone who gets in his way as his Pokemon makes sure of that. He does not tolerate weakness as he will use them as "target" practice to train his most strongest team. He mocks weakness and laughs about it not caring at all if it hurts a person's feelings even to Pokemon. He is not the type of person you should make friends with or it will be your down fall. He has a conniving way of convincing people what he knows but, is there any hint of kindness in his heart?

Backstory: He was a troublesome child giving their parents a very hard time in raising him. He was raised as royalty thus was very spoiled even though his parents never spoiled him as he just acted like a very spoiled brat. He disrespected his parents frequently giving his parents no choice but to seclude him for his disobedience. At age five, his sister Aria was born which only made his antics worse. He didn't acknowledge his sister at all as he just pretended that she didn't exist. He enjoyed watching her cry or hurt but got scolded for it. Having enough, he ran away from home at age 8 when Aria was 2 years old and never came back. He raised himself all on his own until he encountered a Sableye that understood his beliefs. He learned how to survive with the help of Sableye which he had named Sinister. He got to adulthood without any help from pestering parents and sister not caring about them but, he suddenly discovered that his sister had become blind, developing the ability to sense strong power to trainers she encounters and even the ability to detect strong Psychic Pokemon which had immediately caught his interest in achieving his major goal.

Siblings: Aria Sinclair(F)

Goals: He was to be a successor in any of the major evil organizations and achieve their ambitious goals.

Starter: Sableye|M|Sinister

Other Pokemon:
Impidimp|M|Trickster|
Zorua|M|Mischief|
Zorua|F|Hisuian|
Dhelmise|Genderless|Ancorim|
Litwick|M|Grave|

Species|Type: Sableye|Dark, Ghost|Darkness Pokemon|

Nickname|Lvl: Sinister ♂️|Lvl: Unknown

Ability: Keen Eye|Prevents his accuracy from being lowered

Nature|Naughty|First Pokemon who met Alamire as he taught him to survive in his world

Unique Features: N/A

Moves:
Shadow Sneak
Knock Off
Ice Punch
Night Shade

Species/Type: Impidimp|Dark,Fairy|Wily Pokemon|

Nickname/Lvl: Trickster♂️|Lvl: Unknown

Ability|Pickpocket| He will steal the item when he hits his foes

Nature|Naughty|He was grouped with Sinister teaching Alamire how to steal things better

Unique Features: He has a ripped ear with a small pouch to carry items he stole.

Moves:
Flatter
Thief
Draining Kiss
Assurance

Species/Type: Zorua|Dark|Tricky Fox Pokemon|

Nickname/Lvl: Mischief ♂️|Lvl: Unknown

Ability: Illusion| He would come out disguised as the sixth Pokemon

Nature|Naughty| He was grouped with Sinister and Trickster upon meeting Alamire

Unique Features: He has a long scar across his body and back. His head fur is more longer at the ends of it

Moves:
Hone Claws
Fury Stripes
Thief
Knock Off

Species/Type: Zorua ♀️|Normal, Ghost|Spiteful Fox Pokemon|

Nickname/Lvl: N/A|Lvl: Unknown

Ability: Illusion|She would come out disguised as the sixth Pokemon

Nature|Timid|She was grouped with Sinister, Mischief, and Trickster but was often hiding before she met Alamire as he noticed her weakness and didn't bother to pay attention to her.

Unique Features: She has beat cuts mostly on her ears, legs and face with a long scar in between her eyes.

Moves:
Scratch
Confuse Ray
Hone Claws
Shadow Sneak

Other: She is used as "target" practice for the boys resulting in her beat injuries

Species/Type: Dhelmise|Ghost,Grass|Sea Creeper Pokemon|

Nickname/Lvl: Ancorim|No gender|Lvl: Unknown

Ability: Steelworker|Ancorim powers up steel type moves|

Nature|Naughty| Ancorim was hanging around in foggy swampy water before Alamire discovered it. It saw his resolve and joined him in his case|

Moves:
Gyro Ball
Thief
Mega Drain
Wrap

Species/Type: Litwick|Ghost,Fire|Candle Pokemon|

Nickname/Lvl: Grave ♂️|Lvl Unknown|

Ability: Flame Body|Grave burns his foes upon contact|

Nature|Naughty|He was found near a cemetery, apparently separated from his group. Alamire found him alone as he didn't know which way they went. Alamire offered to join his team to test his strength and saw resolve so accepted his offer|

Moves:
Hex
Flame Charge
Protect
Thief

Last edited:
I'm freaking out I have a character idea that I think would be really interesting but I don't know if it's allowed and I'm going over in my head whether to ask and therefore tell everyone what it is or just go ahead with it and potentially mess up the rp by doing something I'm not allowed to do.

I'm freaking out I have a character idea that I think would be really interesting but I don't know if it's allowed and I'm going over in my head whether to ask and therefore tell everyone what it is or just go ahead with it and potentially mess up the rp by doing something I'm not allowed to do.
Just send in a character sheet. XD You can't really rp yet without at least sending in a sheet.

Ok, thanks. I'll do that.

Name: Delta (real name unknown)

Trainer Class: Trainer

Physical Appearance: Delta is roughly 150cm tall, with skin so pale it's almost white and his eyes are a strange shade of deep purple. He has messy black hair, and his nails are painted a matching shade. He always wears a dark red t-shirt, a leather jacket and blue jeans that are ripped at the knees, even in summer.

Personality: Delta dislikes human interaction, and will avoid it if he can. He doesn't speak verbally, instead communicating telepathically. This ability seems to extend to Pokémon. He hates losing, and sometimes has a meltdown if he does.

Backstory: Delta has no memories before a day roughly two years ago, when he woke up in a burning forest in Unova. He ran out of the forest, but when he got to the safety of a nearby village, he saw a Zorua that was about to be crushed by a falling tree. Impulsively, he ran back into the forest to save it, nearly getting crushed himself. When he left the village, Zorua came with him, and he caught her with a Pokeball given to him by a trainer he met on the road, giving the Zorua the nickname "Trix".

Goals: Defeat every Gym Leader in the Unova Region

Starter: Zorua

Species: Zorua
Nickname/Level: Trix ♀| Lv. 17
Ability: Illusion
Item: N/A
Nature: Bashful
Unique Features: Trix has green eyes, rather than the blue eyes most other Zorua have
Moves:
  • Tackle
  • Pursuit
  • Growl
  • Tail Whip

The forest was burning because a meteor had struck. It actually hit Delta, but rather than killing him, it fused with him, essentially making him a Deoxys/human hybrid. This is why he has telepathic capabilities. Later on, he'll actually gain psychic powers, but due to Deoxys's viral origins, every time he uses them, Deoxys slowly takes over his body, causing him to become Deoxys.

Physical Appearance: Delta is roughly 150cm tall, with skin so pale it's almost white and his eyes are a strange shade of deep purple. He has messy black hair, and his nails are painted a matching shade. He always wears a dark red t-shirt, a leather jacket and blue jeans that are ripped at the knees, even in summer.

Personality: Delta dislikes human interaction, and will avoid it if he can. He doesn't speak verbally, instead communicating telepathically. This ability seems to extend to Pokémon. He hates losing, and sometimes has a meltdown if he does.

Backstory: Delta has no memories before a day roughly two years ago, when he woke up in a burning forest in Unova. He ran out of the forest, but when he got to the safety of a nearby village, he saw a Zorua that was about to be crushed by a falling tree. Impulsively, he ran back into the forest to save it, nearly getting crushed himself. When he left the village, Zorua came with him, and he caught her with a Pokeball given to him by a trainer he met on the road, giving the Zorua the nickname "Trix".

Unique Features: Trix has green eyes, rather than the blue eyes most other Zorua have
Moves:
  • Tackle
  • Pursuit
  • Growl
  • Tail Whip

The forest was burning because a meteor had struck. It actually hit Delta, but rather than killing him, it fused with him, essentially making him a Deoxys/human hybrid. This is why he has telepathic capabilities. Later on, he'll actually gain psychic powers, but due to Deoxys's viral origins, every time he uses them, Deoxys slowly takes over his body, causing him to become Deoxys.
Ah..... I didn't expect it had anything to do with a legendary or mythical :'D you got permission to use that Deoxys?

Moves:
  • Tackle
  • Pursuit
  • Growl
  • Tail Whip

You aren't allowed to write using legendary Pokémon without explicit permission from mods on the forum! I'd suggest reading the rp rules to get a grasp of what is allowed and what isn't and then try again.

As for everyone else, I am finally back from my hiatus and will have a post up tonight for everyone to work off of with story progression. No dillydallying, no lack of post despite saying I'll try. It shall be so! ♥