• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: Generation X

(For those wondering, this RP discussion is in a private convo. @Fraseandchico, @Godjacob and @Rohan Kishibe are the main trainers, with @Takumeme666420, @Not Gyro Zeppeli, @SS-I Never and @Sarah316 serving lesser roles during the adventure with myself as the RP master and plot creator. Sit back and enjoy the ride!)

"Welcome to the world of Pokemon!"
"Okay, so you've been here for a while already. But this is your first real foray into the great and wonderful world!" the woman said over the screen. "After all, this great world of Pokemon can only be truly explored and experienced with a Pokemon of your own. That's why I'm here! My name is Professor Abby Spruce, the local Pokemon Professor. My field of expertise is researching Pokemon forms, and what differentiates the forms. This is what my partner Deerling and I have been doing for a while now!" This was the opportune moment for Deerling to hop into the recording, snuggling up into the side of the short-haired researcher. "Hah! Yes, Deerling, I'm talking about you. That's only one of my duties, however. As the regional professor, it's my job to hand out Pokemon to aspiring young trainers. You have been selected as one of the three aspiring young trainers of this year! Tomorrow morning, finish up your preparations for your journey and make your way over to my lab in Carmine Town. I look forwards to seeing you begin your journeys soon!" The video ended there.

The next day, the Professor was working in her lab. She looked up at the clock - already 10:30. She said morning - when was anyone going to get there? She heard a shaking noise come from the table where three Pokeballs were set up. Walking over, she looked at the Pokemon inside the Pokeball.
"They're not here yet, but they will be soon. Just be patient." Professor Spruce reassured the Pokemon before it settled down and grew more peaceful. The Professor put the Pokemon back on the table before hearing the door open. "Uh? Hello?"

What the Professor would see was a young girl, who had been panting ass he clutched her hands on her knees. Seems she had exhausted herself and her trip there. The reason for this was that the girl in question, Terra, had woken up late and had been on a mad dash to the lab in the hopes that she had not been too late to get a Starter Pokemon to begin her journey.

Terra managed to lift her head up as she glanced at the professor, a tired smile on her face as she managed to catch her breath just enough to ask the all important question.

"I'm...I'm not too late am I?"

"Well, you're the first one here at least. And it is still technically morning..." the professor sighed. Kids... "Have a seat. The others should be here shortly. What's your name, honey?"
A Deerling trotted up to the girl, giving a smile in her direction. The Deerling then walked back over to Professor Spruce.

Terra let out a sigh of relief before she made her way to the seat that the professor offered her as she saw the Deerling trot up and smile at which, which she returned with in kind before she faced the professor after she had heard her question.

"M-my name is Terra." Terra said as she introduced herself.

"Terra! Ah, very nice. Yes, you're on the list here." The professor said, looking at a clipboard. "Do you live here in the city, or did you need to travel here from afar? We don't have many local trainers here, after all."

"I actually do, born and raised right here." Terra admitted with a small smile, as it appeared she was one of the few local trainers the professor had seen. Which added a sense of pride, but also a level of responsibility to represent her hometown proud.

Not that she had anything else in mind.

A young girl with brown hair walked towards the lab. She pocked her head through the door. "Hello? Professor?" She called out. She the saw Professor Abby sitting with another girl her age. "Ah, hi professor. Sorry for being late, packing took more time than I anticipated." She explained.

"Interesting. It's quite surprising that I haven't yet seen you around." the professor said when someone else walked into the lab. "Oh, hello! You're, ah, not necessarily late, just I was hoping you'd get here a bit sooner then you did. What's your name? Saying it took time to pack, I assume you're not from around here. Where are you from?"

"Yeah I'm not, I'm actually from the neighboring town." She explained. "Oh and my name's Forrest, pleasure to meet you." She added. She the looked at Terra and waved a friendly hello with a smile.

Terra glanced over at the girl named Forrest, who offered a friendly wave and smile towards her. To return the kind gesture, she smiled and gave a friendly wave to Forrest in kind.

Rust, feeling quite tired, was rushing to the lab of Professor Abby Spruce, he knew that he probably woke up after the other two trainers, so he was running, he arrived at the lab door, huffing and puffing, he slightly opened the door, and said
"Um, Professor? Sorry I'm late, I woke up late."

"Ah, for a minute I thought you were a trainer from Johto or somewhere." the professor stated when the final trainer came dashing through the door. "You're not technically late, as it is still morning... anyways, what's your name and where are you from? Feel free to sit down while I finish up preparations." Deerling expertly balanced a tray on its back before sliding in on top of the table in front of the chairs, several cups of hot cocoa on top of the tray. "I figured I'd brew you all a drink. It's decently cold out, after all."

Rust was relived that he wasn't entirely late, he said
"Ah, good, My name's Amber, Rust Amber." He smiled "And I admit my family and I really don't live anywhere, we just travel a lot." He smirked, and took a seat, and took a cup of hot cocoa, he looked at the other two trainers and smiled. He gave them a quick wave, then got back to his cocoa.

Forrest took a sip from her hot cocoa and looked at professor Abby. "So professor, is everyone here or are there others we're waiting on?" She asked. "If we're all here, when can we get our pokemon?" She added with excitement.

“This is everyone.” The professor stated with a nod. “Now then. Terra. Forrest. Rust. From this point on, the three of you will be rival trainers, all competing to reach the same goal. But you cannot do it alone. To achieve goals the singular cannot achieve, many join together. This is theorized to be why Pokemon decided to join with humans in the first place. Allow me to grant you your first partner to begin this journey with.” The professor then stepped aside to reveal a table with three Pokeballs on it. “Each of these Pokeballs contain a Pokemon. You each get to choose one - your partner Pokemon, who you will travel with for the rest of your journey. Terra, for being the first one here, would you like to make the first choice?”

Terra nodded as she saw the Pokeballs and scanned them. Each one looked idential to the other, so Terra had no way of knowing which Pokemon was which. That likely was what prompted Terra to turn to the professor to ask the following question.

"Um...can I open each of the Pokeballs to see what Pokemon are inside them? Figured since we are picking partners for our journey we can get a look of our options to make the best decision for each of us." Terra asked the professor.

"I suppose you could, but where's the fun in that?" the Professor stated with a smile. "Besides, we don't want the other two Pokemon feeling lonely and jealous that you didn't pick them. So I think a random selection is best. I will give you a hint, though. One of these Pokemon is a steel-type, while the other two are rock-type."

Terra nodded, while she still had issues with the blind selection she conceded that it was better to make each Pokemon feel equally loved and did not want to have been the cause of resentment or jealously.

After a minute of darting between all three. Terra eventually selected the middle Pokeball, as she just felt...something about this one.

"A-alright, I pick this one. Come on out." Terra said as she tossed the Pokeball with the intent to release whatever Pokemon was inside.

As Terra clutched the center lock on the Pokeball, a Rockruff bounded out. The energetic pupper leaped on top of Terra, putting its full body weight on top of her. Professor Spruce moved to try and stop the dog Pokemon, but it was too late. "Watch out for-! Oh well. A-anyways, this is Rockruff, and it'll be your starter Pokemon, Terra. Next up is Forrest - feel free to choose whichever one between the remaining two you want!" Deerling looked inquisitively at the Rockruff, backing up a bit.
(I'll control the starters for their introductory post, but from then on they belong to their respective RPers.)

Terra had no time to react before she was knocked to the floor as her partner Pokemon, a Rockruff, had eagerly jumped on her and looked down as it rested on top of Terra with a happy-go-lucky look; a big smile and its tongue out as it panted happily. Terra smiled as well, and giggled as the Rockruff began to lick her while she pet it in response.

"Oh man, I think I made the perfect choice. Whose a good rock type, you are yes you are~!" Terra cooed, as she and Rockruff seemed to form a connection then and there. Indeed, they seemed to be a perfect match for each other.

Forrest stood up and walked towards the 2 remaining pokeballs. She looked at then before deciding to grab the one on the right. "I'll chose this one, got good feeling about it." She said.

As Forrest grabbed her Pokeball, the button on the ball was pressed and released the Pokemon. A Bonsly appeared in a flash of red light before falling face-first on the floor. It sat up and began to cry.
“D-don’t mind Bonsly, he’s always this way.” The professor reassured the trainer. “Now then, Rust, you get the last Pokemon.”

Rust stepped forward, smiling, he held his hand out towards the remaining Pokeball, and said
"I'm glad this is the last one, it just feels right." He Picked it up, and pressed the button, he smiled.

As Rust opened the Pokeball, out popped a sharp Pokemon that landed on the table - Pawniard. The Pokemon looked at Rust... and then looked away.
"Pawniard has always been a bit... difficult." the professor explained. "But nevertheless. Now that you all have your Pokemon, it's time to begin your journey. However, there are a few things you'll need." Professor Spruce tapped the center of the table, which opened up. From inside the table rose up three Pokedexes. "These are Pokedexes, which are essentially pocket-catalogues that you will fill up throughout your journey by scanning Pokemon. My request to you, in return for giving you these Pokemon, is that you travel around the region and scan as many Pokemon as possible... on your journey to become Champion, that is. Travel around the world, bond with your Pokemon and become strong enough to defeat any foe as a team... that is the dream of any true Pokemon trainer."

Rust looked at Pawniard, sighed, and said
"This is gonna take a while...I hope its worth it." He listened as Professor Spruce explained it all, he smiled, and took one Pokedex, he said "Hm, I hope Pawniard doesn't mind if I scan him..." He faced Pawniard, who had jumped off the table, he said "I hope you're okay with this..." he scanned Pawniard with the Pokedex as Pawniard turned away, clearly not caring. the Pokedex buzzed, and said
Pawniard, the Sharp Blade Pokémon. Pawniard's entire body is made of blades which it uses to inflict damage on its opponent.
Rust smiled, and said
"well, that sounds useful!" Pawniard turned to look at his new trainer. And turned away again.

Forrest walked up and picked up her pokedex and walked back to Bonsly. She pointed her pokedex towards Bonsly.
Bonsly, the bonsai pokemon: It prefers an arid atmosphere. It leaks water that looks like tears when adjusting its moisture level.
"Cool." Forrest said. She then smiled towards Bonsly. "Its great to meet you Bonsly." Bonsly cheered and hopped happily.

Terra took the Pokedex that had been given to her, and with her Rockruff still against her chest she had done her best to get a scan of it from the less than ideal position. However, she had managed to do just that as she soon heard the automated or rather digital voice of the device give a basic description.

Rockruff, the Puppy Pokémon. Rockruff have lived with humans since ancient times. They train themselves by running around.

"Wow, that is too cool!" Terra said with a smile before she had felt her Rockruff begin to lick her again which caused her to giggle as she clearly enjoyed the show of affection.

"Then I think we've got everything out of the way." the professor chuckled, smiling at them. "Now then. It's your choice from where you're going to head now, but I hope that I'll see you at the Pokemon League in two months." She gave them a little wave before walking towards the back, prepared to resume some business of hers.

Rust smiled as the Professor told them this, and said to the girls
"Well, I'll be outside, if either you want a battle with me(Assuming Paniward listens to me.(He muttered)), I'm okay with that." He turned around to leave. Yet with a grin on his face, he said "Come on, Paniward. Let's see what you can do!"
"Pan." Paniward said, while walking up to Rust, and hopped on his back, clearly not caring.

Forrest heard Rust. "Sure, why don't we have a battle." She then turned to her Bonsly. "I heard that some trainers likes to give their Pokémon nicknames." She then thought for a second. "I think I'll name you... Ebony." She said to her Bonsly. Ebony cheered happily, liking his new nickname.

Rust smiled as Forrest said this, and said
"I just thought of a nickname for Paniward! Hey Paniward, mind if I call you Pan?" Paniward looked at his trainer when Rust said this, clearly satisfied with the name, Rust said "Welp, that's good." Pan said
"Pan." Rust said
"Right, I saw a Pokémon battlefield just outside. I'll wait there." He ran outside, and reached the battlefield, he said "Come on, Pan get on to the field!" This took a bit of time. As Pan didn't care.