• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Face-Off Arena I (Kalos)

**FORUM WILL BE CLOSED ONCE THERE ARE 8 PEOPLE, PLEASE DON'T JOIN IF THERE'S 8 PEOPLE BUT IT'S STILL OPEN**

**You can have Pokémon that aren't from Kalos**

https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-face-off-arena-kalos-sign-ups.17257/

Welcome to the first Pokémon Face-Off Arena! Trainers will battle, one versus one at a time, tournament style! The tournament begins when eight young trainers arrive and are up for the challenge! Please do not post unless it is your profile and entrance or your turn to battle. You can have up to six Pokémon with you from any region! Please be fair and realistic during your battle. No mega evolutions or items. I hope I don't have to mention this, but you cannot use a Pokéball on another trainer's Pokémon. Don't be a thief! All Pokémon are stationed at level 50, but have every move available to them (as long as they can learn it). As fun as it would be, Smeargle can only have Scratch and Sketch. Though, I will allow you to use Sketch in battle. Anyway, every trainer starts in a luxurious lounge. There will be a "battle reporter" that will announce what two trainers are about to begin their battle! There will be one battle at a time. I hope that we can keep this organized. Alright. Let's begin!

----------

Name: Ryan-Moxie (Ry)
Pokémon: Starmie, Torterra, Dragonite, Fraxure, Cyndaquil, Claydol

Trainer Type (personality trait): Confident

----------

Ry's hands shook. Even though he was confident that he could win the first ever tournament of the Pokémon Face-Off Arena in Lumiose City, his hands were sweaty. He rubbed them off on his shorts and walked in.

A Pokémon center lady greeted him when he entered.

"Hello!" she smiled at him. "This is the Pokémon center in front of the newly built arena! It is such an honor to be here. Did you know that this is the first ever tournament held in Kalos? I'm so excited! I'll be watching. You are the first trainer to enter. You must be so excited! I bet your Pokémon are too!"

"Yes, of course," Ry chirped with a big smile. He was feeling better now.

After the kind lady healed up his Pokémon, she led him to a door.

"Enter here, please. What is your name?"

"Ryan-Moxie Adaway."

The lady wrote it down on a notepad.

"Right this way into the lounge, seven more trainers should enter and the tournament will start! I hope you win!"

"Uh, thanks," Ry said on his way in.

The door shut behind him. He let out his Cyndaquil and vigorously carressed its tiny head.

"I hope we win. I'm already nervous."

Last edited:
Name: Liam Williams
Pokemon: Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Lucario, Sceptile, Charizard
greninja.png
pikachu.png
sceptile.png
charizard.png
lucario.png
talonflame.png

Trainer Type: Shy

After Liam signed up for the league, he headed to a cafe. He awaited his battle to come soon, but not too soon. He was nervous and all he wanted was to take a load off. He had a hard time defeating Wulfric, and getting here was difficult as well.
He was ready to go to sleep.