• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Darkness arises

link to signups ----> https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-darkness-arises-sign-ups-and-discussion.17418/
A mysterious Darkness has covered the world. It's origin is unown*, but it severely affects the worlds state. The sky has gone gray, the trees have started to wither, and worst of all, a Virus has been unleashed on the world, It's name is the Shadow Plague, and it turns humans and pokemon into shadow versions of themselves. not only that but black creatures called Shadowlings have invaded each region. And a couple of kids visiting Alola must uncover the truth, find the Kahunas, who have disappeared, and survive the dangerous creatures trying to attack them.

*that was definitely not a major hint to the origins of the Darkness surrounding the characters, no that was definitely just a spelling error that i forgot to fix and wrote this sentence just to say it was an unintentional error

Max stood at the edge of the beach staring at the water, pondering why everything sucked so much. It had only been ten days since disaster had struck, and Max had never felt happy since then. He just wanted to go home and see his family, but he'd already taken the boat ride to Alola. He knew others were arriving soon, which caused him to think of the tournament that happened a month ago, before he had lost to Cynthia in the Sinnoh region.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey Max" Luna said sneaking up behind him. "I was lucky to get here before the darkness. How have things been going?" "Chuu" said Sparky. "Where's Swampert? I thought he didn't like to be in his pokeball."

"Go away, i don't want to talk to you." Max released his Swampert after realizing that Swampert had been in his ball for way too long. Max wanted to be left alone until everyone else arrives in Alola, actually he just wanted to be left alone period. He didn't care about what would happen if he just left the world to rot.

"so much for tanning in the beach" thought Adam looking to the black sun in the sky as he walked down the shore. At far he saw the two people talking...maybe arguing? That trip would be a pain...He stood there for some time thinking if it would be worth to interact with the duo.
"oh well,c'mon umbreon" the pokemon silently nod and followed his master closer to the group ahead of them.
"a little love strife in the beach,how romantic" he said to the others with a smirk

"LOVE!?" shouted Luna. "RAI!?" shouted Sparky. "WERE COUSINS YOU CREEP!! WHO SAYS THAT TO 2 RANDOM PEOPLE!!" said Luna. "LEAVE US ALONE!!!"

Max had used Luna's reaction to leave the beach so he didn't have to be around his cousin. He had just wanted his friends to arrive already so he could... Max had the sudden realization that there was almost no reason to have a journey through Alola. There was almost no reason to do anything anymore now that the Sky has gone dark.

"it's official, game of thrones ruined me" trying to forget about the new episodes (where the queen of dragons finally go back to take the seven regions with her dragons pokemons) that he was missing because of this travel, he just laugh it off.
"yeah i can see you are related,you are shutting me off just like he did to you haha" and trying to calm things down he said "I know your cousin from a torment,he kicked my ass in the quarter finals. and i guess we are here for the same reason. i'm adam, by the way."
He noticed Max fleeing and sighed, he was weirder than normal.

Eolo stayed apart, looking to the horizon, worried. His Fletchinder was flying around him happily. He was an expert about Flying Type Pokemon. He wanted to become a gym leader in Unova, but he still needed one last component for his team. He had been looking for a Noctowl, but decided to travel to Alola instead of Johto and look for a Pikipek. He had been preparing that trip for the last weeks, getting information of the different islands, its Pokemon... Expecting to have a peaceful trip. And once he arrived there, the Disaster stroke the world. Since then, the only reason to stay there was getting the Pokemon that he was looking for.

He was interrupted by his Fletchinder, Ignit. "Flet!!" He shouted. "Ignit... You are as cheerful as always, no matter what happens." Eolo said, turning and looking to his Ember Pokemon, that answered with a new "Fletchin!". When he turned, he saw a group of other people. They seemed to be good, but... Arguing. He looked at them, surprised and decided to approach, with his loyal Pokemon following him. "Hey!" He said, not very expressive. "I'm Eolo. Mind if I join?"

Max had seen a boat arriving at the dock when he was running. He knew it was the boat everyone from the tournament was arriving on, but wasn't to excited about seeing his friends in a time like this. Luckily he had at least thirty minutes before it arrived.

Luna quickly tried to get out of the conersation because she knew random people would continue to join so she ran away. She ran over to the ship port. "MICHAEL,JACK,GLACIER,JETT!! LONG TIME NO SEE" shouted Luna "CHUU!!" shouted Sparky at the boat.

Micheal was up on a tree looking towards the water and looked at a boat, there were people on the shore and he began to wonder what they would be doing so he went down to ask them. "Alright losers, what are you guys up to?" He asked them.

Last edited:
Elliot was surprised. His Lycanroc was actually enjoying itself on the way to it's home region of Alola. He had seen some real weird people on his way through Kanto, but the people here trumped them all. He did find himself siding with one kid, Max his name was. Elliot was super angry. He wasn't allowed access to the Kanto league, even though he earned every badge, and Blue, the Viridian gym leader said he could even win the entire league, but you had to have 6 pokemon and he had 5. He had tried everything with the league official, saying he would only use 5, or going out to try and catch one, but they both knew he had no chance, because of the 1 hour left before league registration closed. Nope. He wasn't allowed participation. He was so angry, but his mom convinced him to go to a new place with a new league called Alola. He wasn't excited until he did a bit of research, and this place sounded great. He kept to himself as he was making his way onto land. He wanted to catch lots of new pokemon here, so he could have a good amount of variety, so he could ensure himself as a solid contender to win the first Alola pokemon league. He knew that even though he didn't make his pokemon evolve,, that they were still super strong. He knew that love made a strong pokemon, not evolving them against their will, so he let his pokemon do what they wanted in terms of evolving. As he reached the beach he noticed that most of the people around him were teens.

Elliot looked up surprised, someone had just said " Alright losers, what are you up to? " He didn't want to start a fight so he just avoided him. " What's wrong you scared? " Elliot turned around, he didn't ever like being called scared. Elliot fingered his Lycanroc's pokeball, he didn't want to start a fight but this kid was making him angry. He was about to throw out his pokeball when someone shouted out " Hey let's stay calm right now." Elliot had no idea who this kid was but he was glad that he diffused the situation before he, Elliot blew his top.

"Relax, I'm not trying to pick any fights, trust me, I'm just bored and I've been feeling down lately." Micheal said to the boy. "I won't hurt you, even if I did it wouldn't have been on purpose." He said as he sat down on the shore. "So, like I asked earlier, what you guys up to?" He asked them again.

Last edited:
"hey Eolo, I'm Adam." He respond analyzing the figure approaching with the fire bird. the little girl used the opportunity to escape the conversation and started yelling at an arriving boat in which he saw some familiar faces. The other guys from the tournament had arrive. He did get along with most of them,besides thinking that max was really weird,but a good trainer.
When he was going to say hello to the newcomers, something jumped down from a tree. He quickly turn his attention to the figure, as did his pokemon, thinking that it could be some wild mankey or something like that. Realizing it was a person he singed his umbreon, that was waiting a order to attack, to stand down. The stranger friendly called everyone losers out of the blue, what made him laugh a little. He was most likely an idiot, that him wouldn't like very much.
"nice way to warm up to strangers" He was surprise to see that one guy actually took it seriously and was trying to start a battle. "well,that should be fun" he thought.

Elliot was angry. He just felt angry. He got called scared, and then the guy backed off. What the crap? He was ready to leave but these people intrigued him. He still had his hand around his Lycanroc's pokeball, and unintentionally he let it out.

"ROC!" Lycanroc bellowed. Elliot's Lycanroc was midnight form, and it happened to be his starter. Elliot was sure that at least half the people there flinched at his Lycanroc.

" Relax, it won't hurt you unless I tell it to" Elliot murmured. He wanted to diffuse this situation. " Anyway I'm Elliot " he murmured. He wasn't much of a talker, but he knew if he wanted to start this journey right, he would have to. He heard someone's Pokedex say " Lycanroc, the rock type pokemon. Lycanroc has 3 forms, Midday, Dusk, and Midnight. This is the midnight form." Elliot wasn't surprised at this, considering that everyone here probably didn't know about Lycanroc. Elliot always kept his cool, but something was up he didn't feel like himself, it was like something wrong was going on here. He figured that warning everyone should help diffuse the situation. " I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the feeling I'm getting from this place." He saw one person nod, he didn't know their name, but they were the one that called him scared. They were starting off shakily, but Elliot knew if he were to make some friends, he would need this guy's help.

"I find it sad how you think you can call out a pokemon on me." Micheal said as he grabbed an ultra ball from his belt. "Steelix!" He yelled as the thirty foot steel rock snake appeared. "Now then, let's try this again." He said as he walked next to the steelix that began to nudge him. "This is my Steelix, you're Lycanroc has a two times weakness to both ground and steel type moves, not only that I posses this." He said as he pointed at his Z ring that had his Steelium Z on it. "One hit from Steelix and your Lycanroc is gone." He said as he looked at the boy. "Now then, Steelix return." He said as the steel snake returned. "My name is Micheal, don't pick a fight you can't win." He said as he walked towards the boy and stuck out his hand and waited for him to shake it.

Last edited:
"Hey Max, we never got to battle since I lost before you ,and I know you honestly don't really like me that much so do you want to battle" asked Luna. "It'll be really fun. Not to mention you'll probably get a win under your belt after an event that I wont specify since you probably don't want to be reminded of it. Now I most likely just reminded you of that event ,and I will stop talking ,but yes or no?" said Luna without taking a single breath in between

Elliot was beyond angry now, this Michael kid had tried to embarrass him after his little schpeel about his feeling. ( It felt like a schpeel to him because he doesn't talk a lot.) Elliot hadn't even meant to send out his Lycanroc, and he knew his Lycanroc wanted to fight but Elliot begrudgingly shook Chromius's hand knowing that fighting would only make things worse, and even though he was confident his Lycanroc could beat the Steelix, he knew that wouldn't help him in the evil coming. He made a mental note to ask him about Z-Crystals. As he shook his hand, he whispered " I hope to see you in the league, and we'll definitely battle then, if not before, just not now." Elliot had made a friend, even if it was the kid who had got the anger of not being able to participate in the league out. " Now he asked the people around him, who are those 2 lovebirds over there. One is Max I know but the other..." Elliot murmured. He felt strangely comfortable around these people, comfortable enough to talk to them. " Are any of you here for the league?" Elliot murmured a second question. He sat there as the other 'lovebird' approached him.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Salamence roared at the group of people. "Hey guys...Haven't seen you since Hoenn..." Glacier said, hopping off his back. He recalled Salamence and walked over, wondering where his trusty Samurott is. He appeared wearing his old Team Plasma outfit just for the heck of it. "So...don't jump to conclusions and Don't judge me..." He said, getting ready for the insults.

Elliot felt a growl escape his throat at the sight of a team plasma grunt, remembering his experience with them poaching his Litten. But then he got a strange sensation, and shook this new comer's hand. He had never met him, even though some people around here seem to have. " I'm Elliot " he murmured. He knew that this newcomer and himself would become great pals. Elliot finally returned his Lycanroc as everyone seemed ready to move on towards Route 1.

"Alright well me and my pokemon are going on ahead without you." Micheal said as he continued back towards route 1. "See you guys there." He said as he continued walking.

"Hey wait up Michael! Don't go to far without me" shouted Luna. While trying to catch up to Michael she noticed In the darkness a shapless figure forming from the darkness. "Um guys what is that? It looks wierd." said Luna. Sparky started hiding behind Luna.

Elliot had already grabbed a pokeball on instinct. ' I've really got to stop doing that' he thought to himself. Elliot called out his Riolu. " Riolu scan the aura of that shadow" Elliot murmured. " Master the shadow has no aura it isn't alive" Riolu stated through aura. " Elliot turned toward everyone, " that thing isn't alive we need to be wary..." Elliot was surprisingly calm for facing what he thought was a zombie.

Micheal heard Luna ask about something and turned around to see a dark shadowy figure. "Huh? What's that?" He asked himself. "Luna grab your fastest pokemon and get into the trees, Noivern!" Micheal said as his Noivern appeared. "The trees, Luna follow." He said as he hid in the tree.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier was on route 1 and saw the shadow figure. "Heh...Wonder what that is..." He muttered as soon as Samurott appeared next to him. "There you are." He said, petting his partner. Glacier then called out Gigalith to see what was going on. "All right Gigalith...follow Noivern..." He commanded. Gigalith responded and followed Noivern slowly but sorta caught up.

"Alright Pyro, come on out" said Luna. Her Arcanine appeared and Luna got on it's back. "Extreme Speed!" shouted Luna Next Arcanine went so fast you could only see an orange blur. Next Luna was in a very high tree. "Seriously, should we attack it? It's coming closer"

Elliot returned his Riolu as everyone around him flew in. He didn't have any super fast pokemon with him, considering he had Lycanroc, Riolu, Torracat, Wartortle, and Gengar, so he just ran forward into the bushes. He had no idea what this was, but he knew that they had to get rid of it somehow.

SaiyanDakon

"Gigalith! Power Gem!" Glacier shouted. The Blue Gigalith summoned rocks and shot them at the incoming shadows. "Samurott! Hydro Pump!" He commanded again. Samurott released huge gallons of water at the shadow.

"Guys let's help! Gallade! Scizor! Noivern! Steelix! Luxray! Absol! Go!" Micheal yelled as all of his pokemon appeared. "Gallade, use protect to defend the others! Scizor steel Wing! Absol, Sucker Punch! Luxray, Thunder! Noivern, Dragon Pulse, Steelix!" Micheal yelled as he used his Steelium Z. "Corkscrew Crash!" He yelled as all of his pokemon attacked and a giant cloud of smoke covered the area.

Elliot called out his Lycanroc, Gengar, and Wartortle. " Gengar Shadow Ball, Wartortle Hydro Pump, and Lycanroc Stone Edge." Elliot called out rather quietly. The attacks from his pokemon mixed beautifully and looked like a contest move as it hurtled toward the shadowy figure.

Adam had followed the group and heard the commotion on the forest that was being destroyed by a powerful steel attack.
"a bit overkill,no?" whatever that thing was,it was down by now. "less work for us,i guess" he said to the umbreon. Most of theses guys didn't seem to want company of strangers, but a little bit of courtesy wouldn't hurt
"Is everybody okay?"

Elliot came forward, " I have an idea, Riolu, lets try and heal this thing using our Aura..." Elliot and Riolu put their hand/paws forward and used some aura

"Sparky Electro Ball!, Pyro Flamethrower!, Winter Moonblast!" shouted Luna. The Shadow Blobs got hit by the repetitive attacks. "The attacks are not doing anything except for Michael's Z move" said Luna.

SaiyanDakon

Gigalith and Samurott came back and landed next to Glacier. "We're good over here." He said. The former Team Plasma captain stared at the shadow. "How are we going to defeat that thing..."

Micheal saw all of his pokemon do absolutely nothing to the shadow figure but they didn't faint becuase of Gallade. "Good job buddy, I knew protect would help, now return." Micha said as he returned his pokemon. "What do we do people?! Think!" Micheal yelled as he tried to think of something.

"Sparky want to do it" asked Luna. "Chu!" said Raichu as to say yes. "We'll try this, lets go Sparky" luna did her Z-Move dance and Sparky started glowing yellow and electricity started charging in it's body. "Stoked Spark Surfer!" shouted Luna. Raichu slamed it's body into the shadow and it looks like it did some damage. "Z-Moves are the only thing that hurts them but my and Michael's Z-Crystals are on cooldown so I think we need to run."

SaiyanDakon

"Humph...not for long...Salamence!" Glacier commanded. His Dragon type appeared and growled at the shadow. "Lets do this!" Glacier yelled, getting pumped up. Salamence felt the Z Boost and the power flowing inside himself and Glacier. Both filled with draconic power, Glacier did the Z Move pose. "Salamence! Devastating Drake!" He yelled. Salamence released a purple dragon at the shadow but it looked like an Aerodactyl. The shadow moved back a little but kept going towards them. Glacier grunted and glared at the shadow. "How is this thing still moving after three fully charged Z Moves!?" Glacier yelled, frustrated.

Elliot and Riolu fell backwards, the aura was too much for them. It was pure darkness, and they had now way to draw the darkness out of this thing. ' What can we do? ' Elliot thought to himself. ' I... could I use all of my aura and try and heal it? That might kill me but would it work? ' Elliot thought to himself. Elliot tried again and this time didn't put a limit on his aura. He began to feel dizzy, when out of the corner of his eye, he saw his Riolu walk up and tried using all of it's Aura, and a white glow surrounded it. It was evolving. ' Wow! ' Elliot thought to himself. But even with his and Lucario's Aura, they couldn't get the Darkness out.

" Okay anyone who can use aura come here. If you have a Lucario let it out. I don't think using Pokemon moves on it will kill it." Elliot said surprisingly loud for him.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Jett was pulling on the Decidueye design Snag Machine he had made for him in Japayne.
"You sure it will work?" he asked, staring at Professor Sequoia through the hologram.
She nodded. "Positive. It was specially made from some of the best scientists in the world, even made with a Z-Ring imprinted. Only the best for a finalist."
"Stop."
"Alright, fine. I also have some new intel. Those kids you met at the Tournament are in Alola."
Jett looked up. "Mike? Luna? Max?"
She nodded. "They are."
"Listen. I want three more Snag Machines made, one with a Swampert design, one with an Alolan Raichu design, the last with a Gallade design."
He walked out and off the boat, running. After searching for ten minutes, he saw them. They were fighting one of the Shadow creatures. He grunted. "Go, Decidueye!"
He latched on his Z-Crystal, preparing for a Z-Move. He finished the poses.
"SINISTER ARROW RAID!"
The arrows slammed into the shadow creature.
"Mike. Glacier. Luna. Max. It's been a while."

"Hey Jett. It has been awhile." said Luna. "Chu Chu!" said Sparky happily. "Thanks for your help. Three Fully charged Z moves from Michael, Glacier and Me couldn't knock it down. Hey what's that machine on your arm?"