• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Criminal Investigation!

Hey there! I'm new to these boards and looking to dig into my first PokeRP in this parts. My character, Hunter Parks, is an International Police investigator new to the Kalos region for his first investigation. So, I'm looking for other players who would like to participate in some intrigue and hi-jinks (hi-Jynx?).

First, note that Hunter is 27, so adult characters might fit in a little better.

Second, I tend to stay away from threats with more than four people in it, as they often bog down and stall out; so, preferably, I need 1-3 people.

Whether or not the RP pertains specifically to the investigation, or we get sidetracked doing something completely unrelated, is entirely up to us!

Once I get a couple people interested, we can figure out the setup and get this thing rolling. :p

UPDATE:
We're almost ready to go! The following characters are involved and the thread is now full.

• Inv. Hunter Parks, played by Tribunal Power
  • Blake, a local trainer, played by Nintenduck
  • Raymond, a recent college graduate, played by Retro Master
  • PO Stan Menty, a Kalos policeman, played by montymike
  • Nereo Larkspur, private investigator extraordinaire, played by Sportacus...?
A link will be provided when the first post goes up!

Last edited:
I think that this RP is a great idea! Before I post my character I have Ttwo questions. First, What is the investigation, and do we need to be part of the international Police, or can we be the case of the case, or witness? I am excited to do this RP!

You want cops, pal? I can make you a cop!

Detectives have always intrigued me, though in that case I'd probably want to go private. I'd prefer we all be from various backgrounds instead of the same academy for variety's sake, anyway, but at the same time, everyone's character should be well-accustomed to solving a case (whatever that case may end up being).

This sounds like fun. I'd like to be a character named Blake who isn't actually a cop but is just tagging along for the fun of it.
426022_trainercard-Blake.png
(warning: I've never done one of these before so I'm not very experienced.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this RP is a great idea! Before I post my character I have Ttwo questions. First, What is the investigation, and do we need to be part of the international Police, or can we be the case of the case, or witness? I am excited to do this RP!
You want cops, pal? I can make you a cop!

Detectives have always intrigued me, though in that case I'd probably want to go private. I'd prefer we all be from various backgrounds instead of the same academy for variety's sake, anyway, but at the same time, everyone's character should be well-accustomed to solving a case (whatever that case may end up being).

Totally no need for everyone to be from the same department, or even to be law enforcement at all. If you would like to play some kind of law enforcement character or private detective, then we can figure out some professional reason to work together; if not, you can just be a trainer or something that Hunter encounters and has similar goals!

I think this sounds interesting as well. So how do we sign up?

Just post the profile or a link to your character and I'll put it into the first post. :)

This sounds like fun. I'd like to be a character named Blake who isn't actually a cop but is just tagging along for the fun of it.
(warning: I've never done one of these before so I'm not very experienced.)

Great! Can you post a link to your profile or post the profile up in here?

So just name and description right?

Name: Raymond
Background: Just graduated from Kalos International, an infamous college in Kalos.
Pokemon: His very sneaky Greninja and his trusty Talonflame.
Appearance: Brown hair and eyes. White collared shirt. Brown slacks as well as brown sneakers.
Description: Born to a middle class family, Raymond was a kind boy in school and respectful towards his parents. At age 10, he watched a documentary on tv about the entire investigation of Team Rocket, including live footage of investigators disguising themselves as Rocket members. This prompted Raymond to want to be an investigator. Along with his then Froakie, Raymond would try make up complex mysteries and try to find a way to solve them. During one of these ventures, they tried to find an egg that was taking away from a Talonflame's nest. Once they found it, it hatched, giving birth to a Fletchling. Ever since then, Fletchling has been partners with Raymond and Froakie. After graduating at the top of his class in high school, he was accepted to one of, if not the best college in the world, Kalos International University. Got a bit cocky in college since he was usually at the top of his class.

Last edited:
Totally no need for everyone to be from the same department, or even to be law enforcement at all. If you would like to play some kind of law enforcement character or private detective, then we can figure out some professional reason to work together; if not, you can just be a trainer or something that Hunter encounters and has similar goals!
Oh, then you want to accommodate "character profiles", as in characters developed through the "mainstream" or whatever method I presume the practice is called here.

I don't actually have any characters to my name that I plan to give a consistent "profile" to. I usually just develop one based on the context of an individual roleplay. That's a mindset I've adapted from past experiences.

Err, I guess I should be asking questions since I expected this to be more of a planning thread than a "post-your-characters-and-we'll-go-from-there" sort of deal. Where do you want this all to take place? And, of course, how big is this "case" exactly?

I have my trainer card and stuff ready, but I need to know how big this case is before we start so I can have the characters backstory in check and such.

Ha, well as I said, I'm new to these parts so I don't know if this is how things usually work. I'm used to a character being created and then linked to the discussion thread.

Feel free to just make a character fresh and use just for this thread if you'd like! My character is posted in the "mainstream" section but I don't really care if others want to do it differently. I'm not familiar with how things are usually done around here. :p

For the criminal case, let me cook something up...

A series of Pokemon trainer disappearances have occurred throughout several different regions. Local departments have discovered evidence that links the cases, thus involving the International Police. The most recent disappearance occurred in Kalos, when a promising young trainer failed to meet his cohorts to prepare for a gym battle. Local police are holding the last known location to be processed by International Police investigators. Hunter, recently assigned this case and new to the Kalos region, is looking to enlist the help of local law enforcement agents or other local trainers that may have connections to the case. Because of the mysterious nature of each suspected kidnapping and the lack of information, Hunter needs the help of those around him to figure out where these trainers are disappearing to, and why!

I will log in later tonight to record the characters involved in this RP. The more you want to flesh out your character's profile, the better! Hoping to get a first post up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
We're almost ready to go! The following characters are involved and the thread is now full.

• Inv. Hunter Parks, played by Tribunal Power
  • Blake, a local trainer, played by Nintenduck
  • Raymond, a recent college graduate, played by Retro Master
  • UNKNOWN, played by montymike
  • UNKNOWN, played by Sportacus...?
A link will be provided when the first post goes up!

Ok guys, the thread is now closed and these are the people involved. Since most (all?) of you are making new characters for this thread, please post a little about the character in here so we can start knitting something together. I like to have a little idea of who's who. Here's a quick and dirty guideline for what to put down:

Name (first, last):
Occupation ("Kalos trainer, Lumiose City police officer, Kalos University student, etc):
Pokemon (doesn't need to be exhaustive, just the species they carry with them):
Description (brief history, personality, physical description, whatever):

I appreciate taking a few minutes to scribble that down, and I look forward to seeing the characters! Once we have that done, I'll make the first post. :p

Name: Blake Hawking
Pokemon: Golduck, Houndoom, Noibat, Klefki
Description: Moves to Kalos from Unova, Wants to try new things, Prefers to battle than to talk things out, Red hair, Always wears a black sweatshirt, His Oshawott was taken from him by Team Plasma when he lived in Unova, His parents were cops but disappeared mysteriously

Name: Stan Menty
Pokemon: Bonsly, Crustle, Golem, Omastar, and his Partner Minior
Description: Considered by many in the Region the best cop in his department. He practiced the art of surprise, and uses it often in his cases. His team also revolves around hiding. This Rock type user wears green and mostly holds a lantern just in case of dark places happen to be around. He has black hair, and brown eyes. Card: http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2016/12/426087_trainercard-Stan_Menty.png
a>

Ha, well as I said, I'm new to these parts so I don't know if this is how things usually work. I'm used to a character being created and then linked to the discussion thread.
Honestly, there doesn't seem to be a consistent way of how things transpire on Pokecharms so you could really do anything to put a roleplay together and it would "fit in".

Your idea for a plot isn't bad at all and should be easy to build off of for the actual roleplay.

Here's what I have for my character:
upload_2016-12-11_17-2-42.png

Nereo Larkspur, PI
Age - 56
Occupation - Private Investigator
Pokemon - Toxicroak / Driftblim / Luxio / Roselia / Stunky
- Toxicroak is fast and venomous enough to debilitate those unwillingly to cooperate. Can be a tad belligerent in combat, contrasting their lax and cheeky personality, but is the most adept at fighting out of Larkspur's team.
- Driftblim acts as a get-away Pokemon if such is needed. Otherwise, she is useful for general transport, and almost creepily loyal to Larkspur.
- Luxio has good senses for tracking purposes. For reasons sensitive to him, he is no longer able to produce electricity and tries his hardest to make up for it.
- Roselia is more so a living houseplant and motivator than a partner with an in-field use. She has currently come down with a sickness, to Nereo's dismay.
- Stunky, like Roselia, is more so a pet but also tags along as a living smoke bomb of sorts. Nereo claims "you get used to the smell" and does seem very fond of her as he addresses her with the infrequent pet name.
Description:
  • An independent case-solver for over thirty years at this point and considers himself "damn good at his job", but it's ultimately subjective. He is no-doubt thorough and becomes emotionally invested in the plights of each of his clients but this also limits his number of clients which then confines his profit. While certainly not a wealthy man, he doesn't complain about his situation.
  • In his youth, he applied for the Sinnoh Police Academy and was given a Shinx partner to insist throughout his training. However, when than Shinx, due to a genetic disorder, became harming itself upon emitting electricity, and the academy thusly decided it was best to euthanize the poor creature despite alternative options existing, Nereo indignantly decided to resign with the Shinx in-tow. He pursued education elsewhere to become a private investigator.
  • Has lived in Sinnoh for the majority of his life but has relocated to Kalos after being hired by a long-distance relative to find her son. His penchant for trench coats, wearing them even when unnecessary, reflects his upbringing in the frigid region.
  • Nereo is a very stubborn and assertive man. He is unconditionally open and even aggressive with his opinions. He is incredibly easy to rile, taking himself and various situations seriously, and will persist in his pursuit for justice and fair treatment until he either succeeds or is hauled away by security in a stronghold, muttering "Senile" under their breath. In truth, he is a very considerate and sensitive human being but one who refuses to yield and who believes candidacy is a necessity.
  • Has made a point of antagonizing police detectives throughout his career, labeling many as "sell-outs" and criticizing their inability to punctually complete cases.
  • Towering at 6' 7" with a chiseled face, gruff tone, and decked out in dark colors, he is usually an intimidating man.

Ehh?

Last edited:
We are live!

Retro Master and Nintenduck, I left it open if you two would like to be the witnesses (the trainer's friends) in the RP, totally up to you. If not, I'll NPC them.

Montymike, I also left it open if you wanted to be one of the Kalos policemen present at the Pokemon Center. Alternatively you could be one of the policemen holding the suspected scene of the disappearance, yet to be introduced. Or if you had something else in mind, that's fine too!

Sportacus, no in for you in my post, so you'll have to figure it out on your own! :p

After everyone has posted once, we'll try to stick with that posting order to keep the chaos down. I'll list it here once that happens. If anyone has any questions or comments, just post it in this thread as we go along.

Let's get this party started :D