• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Crimes in the Kutarr Region [Roleplay]

Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-crimes-in-the-kutarr-region-discussion.22267/

The sun slowly rose across the vast Dry Area of the Kutarr region and brought and end to yet another dark night, some people still roamed the streets of Ovyx Village to either have an early start to the day or were more nocturnal individuals. Within the few bar, a few people had already started with their breakfast while one namely individual by the name of Chris sat alone at one table who ate his breakfast, nearby a Mawile and Dreepy helped themselves to a bowl of Pokemon food. Chris looked up at the television which appeared to show the news.

"In local news, a strange building in a canyon near Aquamarine Town appears to have been destroyed recently with no sign that anyone was in the building at all. Judging by a few symbols, this building is said to have belonged to the now disbanded Team Wrecker--" The news reporter said as Chris couldn't help but smirk at what he heard, it was only a week and a half since Team Spectral made their move against Team Wrecker for not having agreed to allow business within their territory.

"Can you believe it? Another gang's been taken out." One biker said, tall with clear signs of muscles. "I know, guess that means we got one less gang to worry about trying to ask money from us." A second biker said, more on the lean side with spikes on the shoulders of his jacket. "But then again, it just shows there's a much stronger gang out there." He added before he put money on the bale and began to leave the bar along with his bulky companion.

Chris simply ate his breakfast while his eyes remained focused on the door as if he waited for something or someone. And with the next job he was about to receive, he needed all the help he could get.

Last edited:
Hunter’s sharp blue eyes peered out from beneath his messy hair. He sat up and fumbled for his old and tattered glasses, grabbed them, and put them on. He blinked a few times to clear away the sleep from them. He knew he needed to get going if he wanted to be punctual. He silently got up, avoided the squeakiest floorboard, and grabbed his clothes out of a dresser. He slipped the old large grey hoodie over his head and pulled on the blue jeans. Then he grabbed a Pokéball off the bedside table where his glasses had been, tucked it away, and stepped carefully into the hallway. He didn’t want to wake up Hope. His room was adjacent to hers, and if she knew he was leaving, she would probably ask why. He hated lying to her, so he usually just avoided letting her know he was leaving.

He peeked into her room to make sure she wouldn’t see him as he passed the door. She, her Spewpa and her Natu were all fast asleep. Hunter moved off, quickly and quietly, and soon he was outside. He took in a breath of the arid air of the Dry Area, then set off at a jog. He knew he was supposed to be meeting at a certain bar to receive an assignment, but that was about it. He just hoped that the bar would allow him in, since he wasn’t old enough to legally drink alcohol or that sort of stuff. Not that he wanted to. He’d rather have a soda any day. And so he thought about sodas and ice cream as he jogged towards his destination. It wasn’t a bad way to occupy the time, really, except that it caused him to bump into a burly biker who was exiting a bar. The man glared at him.

“You little...”

Another biker stepped out, too, and Hunter didn’t like his odds if it came to a brawl or a Pokémon battle. He tried to apologize his way out.

“Oh, sorry, I got distracted and didn’t look out for people coming out of buildings, had my eyes on avoiding them.”

He pointed at a perfectly innocent couple who had their heads together, looking at something. The biker continued to glare at Hunter.

“Why you avoiding them?”

“My big brother and his new girlfriend. He’d be furious if I saw them. He snuck out early, and I followed him.”

“Well, just watch where yer going next time, huh.”

The man walked off and his friend followed. They got their bikes, and the last he saw of them they were looking curiously at the young couple as they revved their engines. Hunter chuckled. His only sibling was Hope, and he couldn’t remember seeing either of those people before in his life. He was still feeling pleased with himself as he made his way over to the bar, still thinking of other things but watching out more carefully this time to avoid bumping into people.

He sat down at the bar, and after a moment the barkeep came over and looked at him.
“Ain’t ya a little young for liquor?”

“I don’t want any. Just waiting for a friend.”

“All right. But if someone else wants that seat, clear off.”

“Sure.”

Then, as he glanced around, Hunter caught sight of Chris. His eyes widened for a second, and he gave a little nod of greeting. ‘So this is who’s giving orders...’

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Alfie grumbled as he looked at the clock. He started to get dressed and sighed as he heard his mother walking down the hall towards his room. As she entered, he happily chirped "Morning! I have a long way to go today is I'm going to get to the study group. For some reason, they thought it was a good idea to meet pretty far away." His mother happily made conversation and they ate breakfast. Half an hour later, he was out of the house and ready to begin the day. He politely asked Hope to use Psychic to levitate and Dream to use the same move on him. This travel method, while unorthodox, got them there quickly as they touched the ground and walked in. Alfie briskly sat down at the table with the group of Team Spectral members, and politely asked for a lemonade.

A blue light emanated from within a small, immensely dark room for hours until the smallest light peered through the worn shades that rested on the nearby window. The crack of dawn’s light revealed a woman with a short frame, hunched over on her computer’s keyboard, fast asleep. The screen displayed various news pages’ coverage about the recently destroyed Team Wrecker’s headquarters. A floating red orb, drifted along the fading darkness of the room, disappearing within a closet and eventually reappearing with a large, light blue lab coat.

“Bel.. Bel-” The Beldum’s red eye gleamed as it spoke, before gently putting the lab coat over the blue-haired girl. Upon feeling the sudden warmth encompass her body, Arceia woke up with a long stretching yawn, whilst she batted her eyes a few times to regain her vision. After coming to her senses, her hand immediately reached for the mug filled with coffee, in which she took a sip but that offered naught besides a series of disgusted coughs.

“Of course it’s cold.. what was I thinking?” Arceia sighed, tempted to conjure up a quick breakfast to get the horrid taste from her mouth. Though somehow glancing at her Beldum, reminded her that she had to attend a briefing at the bar that resided in Onyx Village. Most likely because it was the responsible one, who always reminded her about important events.

She then promptly rose from her seat, and gestured for Ogre to follow her, as it was time to get at least a little serious. Once she made it outside, Arceia hopped on her electric scooter and drove the distance to the bar, parked it and breezed past the bikers near the entrance, finally making it inside the establishment. She instantly recognized a familiar face amidst three guys seated at a table, and silently made her way over, not saying a word as she sat down. However her tired gaze did meet both the pale kid and the gray-haired teen, in an attempt to remember their looks just in case it was important in the near future.

Chris silently smiled as he saw a few familiar people approach him and join him at the table while he ate the last of his food. His Pokemon on the other hand continued to eat theirs, but gave a little chirp of greeting to the newcomers, namely their Pokemon. "So, did you hear the news?" Chris asked with a slight smirk while a waitress approached the table. "Hey there, what can I get you?" The waitress asked while Chris lightly gestured to get her attention. "Whatever they're getting is on me, I'll also take the 'super special dish.'" Chris calmly requested, the waitress' smile changed to a serious look and gave Chris a silent nod before she turned to look at the others at the table.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Alfie quickly realized he could drop the facade and his smile faded. He nodded to the woman as she approached the table, not recognizing her face. Come to think of it, he couldn't recognize any of the others. Somehow one of them seemed to know the waitress? Alfie had never been to this bar before, but he was keen enough to know that a "super special dish" and the reaction that the waitress had meant that Team Spectral must have affiliations here. That put him at ease and he skimmed the menu. Deciding on a Tauros-burger for himself and two berry dishes for his Pokemon, he quietly asked for the food and waited for the others to answer.

Arceia crossed her arms and legs simultaneously, as she had gotten situated in her seat. She had quite the irregular taste, so when the waitress came over, Arceia instantly knew what she wanted. “I’ll be really happy, if I can get some ‘Feebas ‘n’ Chips’,” she then paused, and shrugged with disbelief moments before her next sentence left her lips. “...and a few rocks for my Beldum here, if you have that. Also keep my tab separate, I can’t exploit this man’s generosity.” Arceia told, before shooing away Ogre to go socialize with the other Pokemon.

Afterwards, she’d wait for the others to order, or for the waitress to leave before she began to talk again. “Of course, it’s all over the internet at this point. Let’s just hope today’s agreement, is a more… profitable venture.” She held a smirk now, lowering her voice even more. “Although, I’m not particularly against seeing another gang become nothing more than the dust under my feet..”

In a dusty corner in the bar, a pink flash could be seen behind an empty seat for a split second. Almost instantly, a young man and a yellow, bipedal Pokemon about as tall as an eight year old materialised behind the seat. The pink aura dissipated as quickly as it appeared, as the features of the young man became more visible.

Ren took a seat amongst other familiar faces, his dissimilar eyes gleaming.

"I'll have a Slowpoke Tail Quiche, thanks," he told the stunned waitress, with a smile that could be interpreted as either warm and friendly or utterly maniacal.

His Kadabra, worn out from its Teleport attack, stood quietly in a corner of the bar, contentedly munching on a berry whilst fiddling with its spoon.

Chris gave a simple shrug. "I prefer it when deals go well; everyone has their uses after all." Chris said as his Dreepy floated up to nuzzle him and the trainer lightly patted her on the head. "We should be getting our next job soon." He added. "For those of you unfamiliar with me, you can just call me Chris."

After a little while, the waitress returned with the plates of food everyone had requested. A Slowpoke tail for Ren--much to Chris' mild annoyance--and a plate with a Feebas and chips on the side, lightly salted for Arceia. As for Chris, the waitress slowly got a piece of paper out of her pocket and made sure no one else was looking, when she handed it to him, Chris simply put it in his inner coat pocket and exchanged a nod with the waitress.

Hunter just sat at the table. He had only ordered a soda and an egg, and when they came out he tucked in. He didn't order much differently than he would have if he were paying with his own money instead of with Chris paying. As others had arrived, he hardly payed much attention to any of them. Even though he had seen a few of them perhaps once or twice before, he still didn't know any of them to speak to. And so he didn't. He just sat, ate, and waited for orders.