• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokemon Competitive Battle Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys i'm back again i need help with my wi-fi team. i have got the pokemon all ready i just needed to bread them so i want to know the best natures for them and the best pokemon to do ev training with them is (dosent matter what pkmn it os o can ar max them into the wild but be reasnonable with suggestions) and any possible moves i have some ready.

treecko: solar beam
giga drain
sunnt day
dragon pulse

charmander: heat wave
daragon pulse
air slash
shadow claw

totodile: waterfall
aqua tail
super power
avalanche

bagon: double claw
shadow claw
dragon claw
flyin type move

larvitar: crunch
rock slide
earthquake
shadow claw ???

looking for a final member or should i keep espon

No need for Giga Drain. Focus Blast works to cover Ice-Types on Treeko (Going to be a Sceptile I believe?).

I like Flamethrower over Heat Wave, because of the odd chance of missing and the lower PP on Heat Wave.

No need for both Aqua Tail and Waterfall. Go with Waterfall since it has better PP and accuracy. Also if you can, Dragon Dance is always good and Ice Fang can replace Superpower, since Totodile has a decent enough speed, but not low enough to use Avalanche to its best effect.

Dragon Dance for sure. Don't need Shadow Claw, Stone Edge works well. Drop whatever Double Claw is for Earthquake or Fire Blast/Flamethrower.

Don't need Shadow Claw, drop it for Ice Fang. Stone Edge over Rock Slide is good.

Hope that helped.

Dragon Dance for sure. Don't need Shadow Claw, Stone Edge works well. Drop whatever Double Claw is for Earthquake or Fire Blast/Flamethrower.

Don't need Shadow Claw, drop it for Ice Fang. Stone Edge over Rock Slide is good.

Hope that helped.
which pokemon are you talking about? i know it ethier bagon or larvitar

[quote author:plapti link=topic=3760.msg48094#msg48094 date=1203051287]
since Totodile has a decent enough speed, but not low enough to use Avalanche to its best effect.
[/quote]
Avalanche makes you move last you know.

Avelanche dosn't make you go last Perfect Chao. It's effect is: If you go last than its power (wich is originally 60) is doubled (so its base power is now 120 excluding STAB and items).

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
LIES!!!

Avalanche does NOT make you go last. That would entirely defeat the purpose of having doubled power for going last! It would just say "120 power, Pokemon will always goes last"

I have used Avalanche before and had it Fail miserably because I put in on a pokemon who was too fast.

Only a few moves make you go last. They're Counter, Mirror Coat and Vital Throw. All other moves have a priority of zero. And yes, Avalanche's attack power is doubled only if it moves second.

Was Weavile's speed stat lowered or was the speed of the Infernape and Empoleon raised at all? A number of factors could explain why Weavile went last. I really don't know but it's true that Avalanche won't make you go last. Like Ruko, I've had some disasters: my Swampert used Avalanche on a Pokemon that was slower than itself and I think it took a severe hit for it. Now I know it's a good idea to Hammer Arm a couple of times or use Curse to attempt to prevent that from happening.

I strongly recommend replacing Avalanche on Totodile with Ice Punch or Ice Fang like Plapti said. If my Swampert can managed to go first against an opponent, Totodile certainly can.

ok then explain this wevile when last when using avalance on a magnton with no stats changes yet it servived so i used a differnt move night slash and he when frist every time i used snd i killed it using only that move after avalance so what up with that then and empoloeon stats for speed where lower than weviles with no sats change and i know this because there both my pokemon ok

edit: and there where no quick claws for both times

Was your Wevile a lower level than Magnezone, because if two pokemon wich are battling have the same speed, the first turn (in your case) Magnezone goes first, the second turn Wevile goes first, third turn Magnezone etc.. Also, are you sure your game isn't hacked. Even so, I'm not 100% sure how this happened, but that dosen't change the fact that Avelanche dosen't always go first.

Was your Wevile a lower level than Magnezone, because if two pokemon wich are battling have the same speed, the first turn (in your case) Magnezone goes first, the second turn Wevile goes first, third turn Magnezone etc.. Also, are you sure your game isn't hacked. Even so, I'm not 100% sure how this happened, but that dosen't change the fact that Avelanche dosen't always go first.
yes i'm sure its not hack because its battle reverltion i cant hack that one and my wevile after using alalance keep going frist so it cant be that

Did Magnezone use a first-turn move like quick attack (I don't think he can learn one but its just in case)? Also, on the following turns, did Magnezone use a move that made him go last, like counter (again I'm not sure if he can learn a move like that)? If not, I really dont know why... ???

Did Magnezone use a first-turn move like quick attack (I don't think he can learn one but its just in case)? Also, on the following turns, did Magnezone use a move that made him go last, like counter (again I'm not sure if he can learn a move like that)? If not, I really dont know why... ???
nope he didnt use any move like that sorry

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
It's possible your Weavile is just slow... if nothing else.

I don't find it hard to believe that an Infernape could outspeed it... but I do find it hard to believe that you would send a Weavile out against an Infernape in the first place; AND then use Avalanche, an ineffective move. (thinking it would make you go last especially)
On top of the fact that if your Weavile were to go last against the Infernape, I don't see anyway for your Weavile to have survived to still have a chance at actually using Avalanche.

Put simply, I don't believe your story.

What is your Weavile's speed? that might solve a lot of this...

It's possible your Weavile is just slow... if nothing else.

I don't find it hard to believe that an Infernape could outspeed it... but I do find it hard to believe that you would send a Weavile out against an Infernape in the first place; AND then use Avalanche, an ineffective move. (thinking it would make you go last especially)
On top of the fact that if your Weavile were to go last against the Infernape, I don't see anyway for your Weavile to have survived to still have a chance at actually using Avalanche.

Put simply, I don't believe your story.

What is your Weavile's speed? that might solve a lot of this...
i was mucking about in a double battle and it was gardevoir and weavile VS infernape and empoleon

speed stats

gardevoir:191
weavile:312
infernape:250
empoleon:161

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
How do you know the exact speed stats of your opponents? ???

... O.o

WHAT THE HELL?!
^_^;;

Before pursuing this argument farther... I decided to get off of my ass and try teaching avalanche to my Rayquaza...
If my level 58 Rayquaza can be outsped by a level 16 wild Bibarel, May I be struck by Lightning now!

I apparently remembered incorrectly about Avalanche on something too fast... it does double damage if the user takes damage in the same turn...

My apologies to you, Perfect-Chao...

Add Avalance to your list of attacks that make the user go last...

I got off MY butt and had my Swampert use Avalanche on a wild Geodude...and I too went last. But the game description and serebii says that Avalanche does double damage if the user is damaged first. The only way I can explain my Swampert hitting first with Avalanche was that maybe a Pokemon was switching in or something--things get confusing in a double battle. According to the game, Swampert went first and the attack was weak because it hadn't received damage first and not because it WENT first. But no where does it say that Avalanche makes you go last, but it apparently does... So I offer my apologies too perfect-chao.

But I believe it's still a good idea put Avalanche on a slower Pokemon (with decent defenses) and not a fast one like Weavile(whose defenses aren't that great).

How do you know the exact speed stats of your opponents? ???
there all my pokemon had the comptuer use them on PBR

[quote author=Carmen Lopez link=topic=3760.msg48965#msg48965 date=1203644684]
But I believe it's still a good idea put Avalanche on a slower Pokemon (with decent defenses) and not a fast one like Weavile(whose defenses aren't that great).
[/quote]
it was the only phyical ice type move i could think off, and the dad pokemon had prety good defenses and ok speed not too fast or not to slow.

and i only know that u go last because of him Marriland http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hVtmxb1-A read the disscrition thing or whach how weavile goes kast using avalance and with other moves goes frist

so i would go to the move remember guy then to learn then right?
Not for Ice Punch. You can only learn Ice Punch through breeding. Ice Shard can be learned through breeding, but sneasel also learns it. So for Ice Shard you can go to the move tutor to re-learn Ice Shard. Ice Punch is better on Weavile since its speed is brilliant, so Ice Shard won't be much use.

Edit: sorry for syaing the same thing as LoN_Colossus, he hadn't replyed when I replyed.

i never got help and then one i did get help with was confusing

treecko: solar beam
giga drain
sunnt day
dragon pulse

charmander: heat wave
daragon pulse
air slash
shadow claw

totodile: waterfall
aqua tail
super power
avalanche

bagon: double claw
shadow claw
dragon claw
flyin type move

rock slide
earthquake
shadow claw

Does Totodile need two Water moves? Replace Aqua Tail with Crunch. If you feel like breeding you can also replace Aqua Tail with Dragon Dance. As I found out, Dragon Dance won't ruin the Avalanche strategy because it apparently makes you go last. So you still get the attack and speed boost but Avalanche won't get messed and it gets the power boost.

Ice Punch (also requires breeding) and Ice Fang (level up) are two more alternatives.

Still, Avalanche is the last Ice Move Weavile needs. In a competitive Wi-Fi battle, Many Pokemon will destroy Weavile when Weavile has such poor defenses.

Totodile has no need for Aqua Tail, or Avalanche for that matter. Ice Punch can be put in for Avalanche while Crunch or Earthquake can easily replace Aqua Tail.

Charmander doesn't need Heat Wave, Flamethrower is so much better. Also drop Shadow Claw for Focus Blast.

Treecko doesn't need Giga Drain. HP Fire or Focus Blast will work well.

What move is Double Claw? Shadow Claw has no use on Salamence. A Flying Type move is also not needed. Use Stone Edge and Earthquake with Dragon Claw. Dragon Dance over the Flying-Type move.

Larvitar wants Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide. Shadow Claw also has no use with Larvitar. Dragon Dance or Taunt is a better option.

Also, please try to fix some spelling mistakes you make before you submit a post. It makes it easier for everyone to read and everyone will help with your team sooner than later.

sorry about my spelling Plapti. :(

treecko: Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Sunny Day
Dragon Pulse

charmander: Flamethrower
daragon pulse
air slash
Focus Blast

totodile: Waterfall
Ice Punch (is that a breaded move?)
super power
Earthquake

bagon: Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance (is that a breaded move?)/(how about thunder fang?)
Earthquake

Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Fang?/Dragon Dance (is that a breaded move?)/Taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.