• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Adventures in Hoenn

Welcome to the Hoenn region, the only region to be voted 7.8/10 too much water! Hoenn is quite a vast land, with lots and LOTS of water, to the point where it drives you insane! Today, our heroes are about to embark on an adventure to become one of the few Battle Legends! (Bios are in discussion, and ask to join there too)

Orange got out of bed, knowing that this day would be his 12th birthday, and rushed downstairs. Today was a MEGALO day for him, because he was starting his journey.
"Mom! I'm about to go, I'm just gonna scarf down some cereal!"
His mother replied: "This is your big day... Also, Prof. Birch is still waiting!"
~During that time, Orange had finished scarfing sown his cereal and grabbed his backpack, and hugged his mom goodbye. He burst through the door, giving birth to one of the battle legends.~

Last edited:
Today was the day, Allison was finally going to get her own starter Pokemon! She got ready, ate some breakfast, and told her parents goodbye, before she embarked on her journey. As Allison was heading to the professor's lab, she noticed a guy who was heading her same direction, and walked up to him. "Hey there, my name's Allison. Are you going to get your own Pokemon from the professor, like I am?" Allison said to the guy.

Orange replied: "Yup!" with a goofy look on his face. "What are you going to pick? Since old Birch left his lab, we now have a new guy who brought Alolan Pokemon!"

"Wait, really!? If this new professor brought some Pokemon from the Alola region, then I guess I'll choose Rowlet!" Allison replied. "But if there's a new professor, then who is it?" Allison asked, but before she could get a response from the guy, a loud scream came out of nowhere, "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! HELP ME!" Allison then started running towards the scream, and started to take of her hoodie "Don't worry I'll come help!" exclaimed Allison. And as Allison ran towards the scream, she noticed a guy, who told her (in a nerdy voice), "Hey, you can't...." but Allison didn't listen and pushed the dude to the side and entered the route. When she entered the route, she noticed a bunch of Poochyena's attacking this dude in a lab coat, who wasn't wearing a shirt. "HEY," the dude exclaimed, "can you get a Pokemon from my bag there on the ground and please help me!?" Allison was very nervous, but she went and grabbed a Poke-ball, and when she chucked it into the air, out came a Rowlet. "WOAH!" Allison exclaimed, "Hey, Rowlet, I'm going to need you to listen to me for right now, and use Leafage!" The Rowlet looked at Allison with a bored expression, and Allison looked back at it and said, "Please," in a determined manner. Somehow this little moment caused Rowlet to be motivated, so it went and attacked some of the Poochyena's, but there were too many. Allison then remembered the dude she was talking to heading to the professor's lab, and screamed from the top of her lungs, "HELP!"

Last edited:
Shine ran over, and grabbed the Pokeball with a Popplio inside. He sent it out, and for some reason, they seemed completely in sync, like soul mates. Shine told his Popplio to use Water Gun, sweeping the Poochyenas away. "You ok, Allison?" He had a grin on his face. "You looked like you could use help!" He went to Popplio, and scooped it up into his arms.

"Yeah, thanks!" Allison said to Orange. Some of the Poochyena's that remained went and tried to charge at Allison, but she glared at them, very menacingly, which caused them all to get scared, and so they ran away. The dude who had the lab coat on had an awed expression on his face. "That. Was. AMAZING! Yeah!" exclaimed the dude. Allison had a dumbstruck look on her face, and then said, "Uh, you're welcome." The dude then changed his expression quickly, and introduced himself, "I am the new professor of this region, you may refer to me as Professor Palm." Allison was shocked by this, and exclaimed, "Wait, really!?" Professor Palm smirked, and said, "Yep, that's me! But let's talk about you two for a second. The way you two battled earlier, struck me, and showed me that you two are worthy of being Pokemon trainers, so, as to show both of you my gratitude, I'll offer you both those Pokemon. What do you say?" Allison couldn't believe what she was hearing, and exclaimed, "Heck yeah! Come to mama!" Allison than carried Rowlet, but Rowlet passed out and fell asleep on Allison's arm. Allison decided to keep her Rowlet outside of it's Poke-ball, so she decided to carry it in her arms.

Last edited:
Orange's Popplio, however, was energetic as ever! The one problem: It hated Palm. Orange shared those feelings. "Allison, we should start heading to the next town..."

Allison than looked at the guy in confusion, and said, "But, we haven't even gotten our Poke-balls and Dex, yet." Professor Palm then went into his bag and took out some Poke-balls, and two Poke-dexes. "Here you go," Professor Palm said as he handed Orange and Allison their items. "I wish both of you luck on your journey!" "Thank you, professor!" exclaimed Allison. Allison was then heading to the next town with the guy, but she then said, "You know something, you never told me your name. So, what is it?"

Orange replied: "Name's Orange. I just started cause I turned 12... We moved around a lot, and my sister went on her journey in Kanto. I plan to become the most powerful trainer in the world! And you?"

Allison replied to Orange, "Orange, huh, that's a nice name. I'm 13, and my parents moved from the Kalos region to here because they were tired of living in Lumiouse City. They thought living in a little town would be more calming, so that's what they did. I dreamed to one day become an Elite Four member, or at least a gym leader, of the Kalos region, but then I moved here to the Hoenn region. I was kind of sad at first, but now I have a new goal; to become one of the elite, here in the Hoenn region." Allison had this determined look in her eyes after she said all of this, and looked straight at the next town. One day this world will know, that I am one of the greatest Pokemon trainers in this world.

"We're kindred souls than." Orange scooped Popplio up and yelled: "We will overcome the Champion!" He than bumped into a cute girl (Purple, his rival). "What?" They said in unison.

"Yeah!" Allison exclaimed with Orange. Then a girl with purple hair appeared, and bumped into Orange. Allison was surprised to see the girl, but was excited because she like to make new friends. Allison helped both Orange and the girl stand up. Allison than said to the girl, "Hi there, my name's Allison. What's your name?"

First off, Purple talked to Orange. "Orange? Puh-lease, don't tell me you got a Pokemon! I got an Eevee from my DAD, so ha!" Than she talked to Allison. "My name's Purple." Then she whispered to Allison: "If you don't take Orange than I will." *She winked at Allison*

Allison didn't really understand what Purple meant, but she was too excited about starting her journey to think about it too much. Allison then went to the nearest Pokemon Center to heal her Rowlet. As soon as she was done healing her Pokemon, she went to the route to the left of the town. But before Allison did that, she told Orange and Purple, "Hey, guys, I'm gonna go catch myself a new Pokemon. You wanna come with?"

Orange said: "Not if I catch one first!" And went dashing to the nearest forest.
Purple replied: "I'm gonna go so my OWN things... Good-bye and stay fresh!" She went running to who knows where.

"You're on!" Allison exclaimed to Orange. Allison was looking around the route for a good Pokemon; she fought many Youngster's and Bug Catcher's, but, yet, no luck. It wasn't until she saw some ruffling grass, that she walked up to it, and saw a Ralts. But there was something wrong with it, it looked scared, and it looked very hurt, and than it started shaking. Allison felt sympathy for the Ralts, and tried to help it, but the Ralts didn't let Allison help it. Allison was just staring at the Ralts hopeless, when a stranger, that was fat and had orange hair, appeared out of nowhere. In a nerdish sounding voice, he said, "Finally! I've been trying to catch a Ralts for hours now!" He looked at Allison, and pushed her, and said, "Move aside! This Pokemon is mine! Only I can have it!" This angered Allison because, somehow, she knew that the Ralts didn't want to be caught. Allison took of her hoodie, and started tying it around her waist. And as the stranger took out a Great Ball, and was about to chuck it at the Ralts, Allison then kicked the stranger in his face, which caused him to fly and fall unto to the ground. The man was annoyed and screamed to Allison, "HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? That Ralts is mine!" Allison shouted back, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? Can't you see that this Ralts is injured and scared!?" The stranger looked at Ralts, and told Allison, "It's better that way. I can catch it more easier, now." Allison was even more angered by this, and started kicking and punching the stranger repeatedly, until he could barely even move. The stranger was grunting out of pain, and Allison then appeared in front of him, and looked at him with a threatening glare. Allison than said to him, "Leave now, before I loose all control I have." The stranger then thought to himself, "I think you already have," and then he ran away. Allison took her breath and started to calm down; she then put her hoodie back on. Allison felt sorry for the Ralts, so she decided to walk away and leave it alone, but then she felt a tug on her jeans. It was the Ralts! Allison was surprised by this, and said, "Are you sure? I mean, I did something extremely violent right now, and I don't think I'm better than that trainer that tried to catch you. I've got to learn how to respect Pokemon too. After all, they're living beings, just like me." But the Ralts kept on persisting, and Allison kept denying it. The Ralts then used it psychic abilities, and pulled a Poke-ball out of Allison's bag. The Ralts put the Poke-ball near itself, and pushed the button, causing it to be caught in the Poke-ball. Allison was about to cry tears of joy, but she held herself back, and grabbed the Poke-ball. I won't let you down, Ralts. Allison then took the Ralts to a Pokemon Center, so that it could heal.

During this time, Orange was grinding. He found a field, and in it was a Litten. Orange sneaked up on it, and caught it without harming it. "Capture without harm is the best way to go!"

As Allison was waiting for her Pokemon to be healed, she asked the nurse what gender her Pokemon were, and the nurse replied by saying that her Rowlet was a male and her Ralts was a female. Allison was done healing her Pokemon, so she left the Pokemon Center and thanked the nurse from their. Allison then went back to the route and found Orange, so she went to him, and said, "Hey, how're you doing? I caught myself a new Pokemon." Allison then threw her Poke-ball in the air, and out came her new Ralts. Allison than carried Ralts, and said, "I think she's extremely adorable. Have you caught anything yet?"