• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Adventures; Best of Luck!

( You can join in as one of Xerena's friends, or just a traveling trainer looking for a battle! ) Sunshine. Xerena's eyes flew open at the feeling of sunlight on her face. She hopped out of her bed, grabbed her bag, and ran out the door, very quickly realizing that she was still in her night gown. Turning around, she walked back upstairs to change as her mother scolded her for unpreparedness.

Detsu sighed as he slowly made his way into town. His Lance-like hair was giving of a brownish tint when the sun hit it. "Where am I? And where are the babes?" he laughed a bit when he said it but he trudged along.

Quickly changing into her black OTPs, purple flowy waist-high skirt, and black sweetheart top, she walked downstairs, greeting her mother.

"Hi, mom! Sorry about running out so suddenly..."
"It's fine, dear. Now, eat your breakfadt and actually SAY GOODBYE before you go,"

Naturally, Xerena obliged, being a lover of all things food. Being the lover she is, she went right through her breakfast, and stood up, taking a moment to say goodbye to her mother, before grabbing her bag, slipping on her white mary janes, and walking out, carrying a pokéball, and closing the door behind her as she walked towards Professor Sycamore's lab.

Platinum sat at Proffer Sycamores lab already, awaiting the other trainer(s) that he had supposedly called. He wasn't sure who they would be, if he knew them or not.

Being uncomfortable as the first trainer to arrive, the platinum blonde pulled his beanie down a bit farther. At his feet was a curled Pachirisu, sleeping, as it usually always did. Both of them let out a huff of breathe. The wait seemed to go on forever.

Last edited:
Xerena styled her hair into a braid as she walked, nearly getting hit by three Lumi Cabs in the process. When she finally reached the lab, though, she put a smile on her face, pushing the doors open and stepping in, showing the lady working the desk her letter of approval.

Platinum perked up as he heard the lab doors open, an exhausted thank G-d muttered from his lips.

He stood to get out of his awkward situation surrounded by lab assistants and Sycamore nowhere to be found yet, to meet the trainer, but his jaw dropped as he saw Xerena walk in - who happened to live right across from him. Yeah he was friends with her, but she had her irritating moments.

"Well speak of the devil and he shall appear...or... She will" he commented as he approached Xerena.

Detsu ran into the lab slightly dazzled. He ran and headbutted Platinum in order to get in front of Xerena. He grabbed her hands and he stared at her with his dark red eyes. They glimmered a bit as he spoke. "I may not know your name but you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen!" he was blushing but it was kind of hard to tell beneath his tan skin. He quickly unlatched his fingers and turmed around to yell for Sycamore. "Hey! I got a gym that I need to betaking care of! I would appreciate it if we could hurry up!"

Dusk, an Umbreon that helped around the lab, one of Platinums friends, shifted his weight from side to side nervously, not liking the commotion, and he started barking anxiously.

Ignoring Platinum, Xerena turned to Umbreon, kneeling down to pet him.

"Hi Umbreon! Guess who I broughtttt?" She pulled a pokéball from her bag, and it popped open, an Espeon appearing.

"Peorrrrruuu!"

"Umbreon, um, um, Umbre, Umbrrreeeon" The Umbreon purred slightly as he greeted her like they were old friends.

He nuzzled her slightly before walking off to show her something.

Platinum watched, slightly jealous of the two Eeveelutions. All he had was an Eevee. There wasn't anything wrong with her and definitely wasn't going to force her to evolve into anything, but it would be nice to know if she were to evolve.

Pachirisu, watching from Platinum's shoulder, couldn't hold the excitement in from seeing Umbreon, whom he was well acquainted with, to also seeing an Espeon. The electric type leaped from his trainers shoulder and happily chirped his name as he played with the two other pokemon.

Last edited:
The Umbreon playfully pawed at the electric reptile, but as he touched him, he got zapped.

Dusk stood there, still smoking slightly as his eye twitched.

He looked at Platinum, eye twitching agressivley.

He looked back at Helioptile with a devious grin!

Platinum released a chuckle as he knelt, petting the electrocuted Umbreon.

"Sorry about that buddy, when Pachirisu's excited it's best not to make too much contact until he calls down a little." The white haired boy smiled.

Pachirisu stood there slightly laughing, rubbing the back of its small neck.

Last edited:
The Umbreon laughed a little too, but he would get his revenge...

He decided that it was probably best to lay down and chill out for a while, as he made his way over too his little black dog bed in the corner of the back room.

He grabbed one of his berries he had stored recently in a minifridge he had found in the back room.

He grabbed his banker and lay in it after finishing the berry.

It was funny, the only reason he liked this cozy room was because it was small warm had a window, and because some child had forgetten a glow in the dark moon sticker on the ceiling.

he snuggled in deeper to the quilt and closed his eyes.

Detsu laughed when he realized he was being ignored his backpack rustled a bit before a shiny Eevee popped its head out. It looked at the other Eeveelutions and glared at his friend."Sorry Slade I like you the way you are..."

"Professor Sycamore will see you now," The desk clerk spoke, turning from her phone call.

Xerena stood up, petting Espeon goodbye, and telling her that her mother would come to pick her up when she was done with work. After her farewells, she stepped up to the elevator, pushing the button that would bring her to the third floor.

Platinum stepped into the elevator as well. He tried to think of why the trainers were summoned to the lab.

"Why do you think Sycamore called us here? Or did he call you? I could be doing better things, like trying to get more Pokemon on my team than 3..." He muttered the last part, a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

"Well, I'm here to choose my first pokémon, of course, and get my license and pokéDex." Xerena spoke, looking through the trainer handbook. She had spent the entire night prior to today studying all the leage rules, and battle and capture strategies.

As the elevator opened, she ran out, smiling widely ad she turned the corner.

( *as she )

The smile only became a look of surprise as she saw her own mother speaking to Professor Sycamore. As she approached, her mother turned and greeted her.

"Hello, Xerena,"

"M-Mom!? Why are you--"

"I came because Professor Sycamore called me and had told me that he had accidentally sent out four letters instead of three,"

"And?"

"And that means... He doesn't have any other pokémon left to administer to new trainers."

"O-Oh..." Xerena spoke, looking down as tears started to well up in her eyes. She would have to wait another five months for the new starter pokémon to hatch from thier eggs!

"Buuuut,"

"B-But what?" Xerena asked, sniffling.

"Remember the eggs we found in the yard? Well, it hatched just this morning, and I gave it to Sycamore, so he is actually allowed to give her to you,"

Xerena started smiling again as she looked up.

Platinum stood beside Xerena, started to feel bad for her as the news was delivered, but he also heard her mom speak of eggs.

"You guys found eggs...in your back yard?" He asked, once again feeling bitter.

He had an egg in his backpack as well, but it took him days to find it, and yet they find one so easily in their backyard. And it's hatched. The multi colored egg in his backpack he had had for a week already, and nothing even seemed closed to hatching. However, Platinum was curious himself of what the newly hatched pokemon was.

Professor Sycamore stepped up, smiling, a pokéball in hand.

"Hello, Xerena. Your mother has told me much about you, most noteably your love and admiration for pokémon,"
The professor started, opening a drawer in a desk.

"Now, it is time you begin your journey," He hands her a small rectangular shaped object, which opened up when she took it from him.

"This is your pokédex. It keeps track of pokémon you've captures, as well as their data," He explains, before handing her five pokéballs with no explanation needed.

"Okay, okay," Xerena speaks impatiently. "What's my pokémon?" Sycamore handed Xerena the pokéball.

"Go on, open it," Her mother encouraged. Xerena did as advised, and a little ghost pokémon with a red beaded necklace popped out.

"Ooooh! She's so adorable!" She squeaked, reaching out to hug her new friend, who phased right through her, and laughed.

"Ghost types are known to be.more playful than others. You also can't touch them unless they let you," Xerena's mother explained.

Platinum looked, in slight awe, his Helioptile doing the same. A Misdreavus is pretty rare to find around this region, so the fact that an egg was just laying around with a Misdreavus in it was amazing.

Eventually, Pachirisu couldn't hold it in any longer, and took a jump from Platinum's arms, and tried to grip to the levitating ghost type, only for his little arms to phase through the pokemon and causing him to fall to the floor. Platinum slightly laughed at his jittery pokemon.

He then looked up, congratulating Xerena on her new pokemon, but also remembered he was called. Could it be he had a mission for him and the other trainers he called? Was he going to give them a pokedex as well?

"Hey, Mr. Sycamore, why was I called here too?" The boy asked, slightly confused.

Last edited:
"Your licenses, of course," He picked up the trainer I.D.s from a table, and handed them to their respective trainer.

Xerena thanked the professor, and hugged her mom, before letting Platinum to follow her out as she got onto the elevator.

((OOC: Just a quick announcement. I'm changing Helioptile to Pachirisu ))

Platinum bowed the professor, accepting his license gratefully, now he was perfectly equipped to start the Kalos League, if he was even 1/3 prepared for it. Something told him his Pachirisu, an Eevee, and some mystery egg wouldn't get him very far.

He continued to Xerena to the elevator, after lifting his stunned electric type from the ground, who curled up on his shoulder, licking its large tail. Platinum watched the levitating Misdreavus, intrigued by it.

"Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" He asked.

"She's female," Xerena spoke as the elevator fell to the first floor. She watched Misdreavus float, before returning her to her pokéball and putting her in her pocket.

She pulled out her handbook. "It says here that to become certified to challenge the Kalos League, you must first obtain eight gym badges, all of which can be obtained by passing unique challenges in order to battle and defeat gym leaders scattered all around the region. The nearest leader is Viola, a bug type gym trainer."

"Ooh," Platinum began as the doors slid open, and he walked out with Xerena. (Pronounciation please)

"I figured you'd have to go through the Gym Leaders. Do you plan on doing so?" The blonde asked. "I'm going to try, but real training will have to be done on my part."

He glanced to the happy-as-can-be Pachirisu perched on his shoulder. Platinum hadn't battled much with it, but he did have expirience. He actually never battled with Eevee, mainly played with it, as both of them tried to decide what evolution would be best for her.

( Zuh-ree-nuh ) "Of course I plan on challenging the gyms. Maggie will just have to train hard to beat them all!" Xerena spoke confidently. "She was just born, so she isn't as strong as starter pokémon when you first get them. Unless, of course, she was given a rare candy formula that bumped her up a few ranks of power to become level with other starters..." The brunette wondered, exiting the elevator as it docked itself on the first floor. "Of course, Maggie can't fight on her own... I will need other pokémon..."

Platinum nodded. He needed some other pokemon to fill his team too, but he definitely didn't want to be hasty and catch every pokemon he found. Xerena seemed to have all of the same intentions as he did, and he rolled his eyes. His pride was keeping him from asking it, but he decided to say it fast.

"Wouldyouliketomaybetraveltogether." Platinum asked, holding his breathe

"Uhm... Okay," Xerena replied, giggling. She touched the button of Maggie's pokéball to her pokéDex, which relayed Maggie's information. It knew three moves; Growl, Psywave, and Spite, and gave information that led Xerena to believe that it was indeed as strong as the other start type pokémon.

As soon as the elevator door opened, Umbreon was standing there fangs bared, snarling at the two trainers.

The Abra giggled as he watched the two shocked trainers gape at the Umbreon.

His Haclkles started to rise Agressivly.

He shook his head violently, whispering, then snarling then whimpering, then snarling.

The abra struggled for control.

Platinum looked in shock at the once so gentle Umbreon was now...violent?

"U-Umbreon...what's wrong?" He asked, slowly stepping forward.

Pachirisu leaped from Platinum's shoulder, standing firm infront of him, ready to protect his master. Eventually, the squirrel pokemon started sniffing, picking up a stranger scent, before looking ahead and seeing an Abra.

"Chu! Pachu!" The electric type called out, signaling to Platinum that the Abra was over in the corner.

Platinum looked ahead.

"Oh! Xerena, Umbreon's being controlled!"

Espeon's form was consumed by a silver tint, and light exploded from her body, slowly lifting Abra up and throwing it violently against the wall.

Platinum watched, trying to think of moves that wouldn't completely destroy the lab, but right when an idea came into his mind, he looked ahead and was cut off when he saw electricity spark in the two yellow cheeks of Pachirisu, and seconds later, it came.

Discharge. Blue lightning emitted insanely fast from the white and blue pokemon's body, completely enveloping the Umbreon in electricity, toasting its fur. Many beams of electrify shot out as well, all over in places of the lab. Shooting some equipment and desks.

Platinum watched as the chaos unfolded, in complete...shock. (pun intended :nom:)

The Umbreons stopped growling, stiffened, then moaned.

A loud thud echoed as the smoking pokemon hit the cool tile floor.

His vision was starting to turn fuzzy, as he heard voices, shouts yells, calm ones, frantic ones.

What did I do wrong he thought right before he blacked out.