• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join PokeCorp [Discussion and Sign Up]

Welcome to PokeCorp! We produce many of the incredible products you use day to day, including Pokeballs, Mega-Accessories, Pokedexes, and the new, ever popular hands free computers! We offer a wide selection of wearable devices that will transmit signals right into your head, so you can browse the internet, take phone calls, check your pokedex, and much more! It even holds your mega stone! The best part is that after paying for the initial product, our services are completely free*!

*Free services provided by our wonderful sponsors, users may experience heavy add content and subliminal messaging

Hi there! This roleplay is inspired by Homestuck "Crockertier" concept, however you don't have to know Homestuck or about Crockertier to join!

The concept is that PokeCorp is a large company in the Pokemon universe, which runs a monopoly on Trainer Gear. Recently, they've produced a new product that encompasses anything a travelling trainer could need into one accessory, generally some kind of head wear, like a hat or glasses or tiara or such, but some rarer ones work through other accessories, like gloves, necklaces, bracelets, belts, and other such thing. Kind of think like the variety of Mega Accessories. The low price, easy to use interface and sheer convenience of it quickly turned it into a tool that nearly every trainer uses. The only drawback to the devices were the swarms of ad content, from TV shows to more PokeCorp products, to common products, restaurants, etc. Amidst this overload of adds however are strange subliminal messages flowing to the brains of the users. Subliminal, meaning that users are completely unaware of these messages, but over time these messages may begin to influence their actions.

By far, the vast majority of people are perfectly happy and content with their products, and have full faith in PokeCorp. However, there are very few who are suspicious, some believing that other trainers around them are beginning to act a bit strangely, or curious as to why the owner of PokeCorp has never shown their face. However, to try to talk others into sense is to fight a losing battle, often causing them to be labeled as crazy conspiracy theorists, or old-fashioned and against new technology.

However, things get stranger when the strongest trainers of each region begin to missing, from Gym Leaders to Elite 4, Champions and even Champion contestants and retired League members. Every now and then, someone claims to have run into one of them, and have been quickly and brutally destroyed, sometimes even being attacked without reason. A few underground reports also claim the disappearance of the leaders of many organizations, including Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare. The organizations have all fallen into disarray, and the common folk are growing increasingly concerned.

That's where your character comes in...

You have a two options for your character:
1. A trainer who has used the PokeCorp hands-free system for a while now
2. A trainer who does not support PokeCorp and refuses to use the system.

Option 1:
Your character is your average trainer, using the PokeCorp hands-free computer like just about everyone else you know. Although you have been exposed to subliminal messages for some time now, you aren't completely robotic or strange. Actually, your probably pretty much just your normal self, but supportive of PokeCorp, its ads, and probably refuse to believe it can do any wrong. They might even be a bit hostile of those who don't support it... However, the disappearance of the strongest trainers has made you a little worried, and you decided to join small group of other trainers to go search for them.

Option 2:
Your character, for whatever reason, does not use the hands-free computer. Perhaps they couldn't afford one for a while, and then refused to buy one later, or perhaps they were suspicious of it from the beginning. Whatever the reason, it has probably made you a bit of a social outcast. However, the disappearance of the strongest trainers has made you increasingly concerned. You and a group of other trainers have decided to go try to find them and figure out what's going on.

This party of trainers will be starting out in Kanto, near Pallet Town, where they will be meeting somewhat incidentally, so please give your character a reason to be in that area! (It may be good to consider that Pallet town is the location of the lab, so it is where you would receive a regional starter, if the professor is around ;3)

1. If you can't already tell, I like to write a LOT. I'm really looking for a roleplay of similar writers, meaning I would like you to write at least 2 paragraphs, minimum 10 sentences, per post. I don't expect there to be too many characters, honestly I'll probably cap it at 7 or 8 in the group, so it will be slow moving, and posts should be thorough, descriptive, and aim to advance the plot, not just a fluffed up post that could be summarized down to "Okay" to say that you posted.
2. Because I expect this roleplay to have some pretty darn long posts, I may allow a TINY bit of "bunnying" or controlling another person's character for something like a kiss, punching them in a fight, or generally having your character do something to them without having to wait for the other author to write their post confirming the action. Essentially, this avoids posts like "X leaned in for a kiss. If Y accepts then @ will happen, but if not, then # will happen". Sometimes this is called auto-hitting when discussing combat, because it's often written as "X threw an undodgeable punch that Y couldn't possibly shield fast enough against", or assumes that said punch hits and continues to write as if it happened. Anyway, mild bunnying like the examples above are allowed UNDER THE CONDITION the owner of the character you are controlling gives you permission in this thread for you to hit/kiss/move/interact with/etc their character in your post. It's as simple as posting here "hey is it okay if X kisses Y in my next post?" If they say yes, go for it! If they say no, say because they have another idea for the character, and you have to figure something else out.
(To mods: I realize site rules say against this, so if you aren't okay with this system please let me know~ I'm just trying to encourage good writing :3)
3. Obviously, obey all site rules. To emphasize on this:
3a. I haven't put any age warnings/restrictions on this roleplay, so please keep everything appropriate. If you want to get funky, please take it somewhere else if the other author is okay with it.
3b. I'm trying to encourage good writing, so really take the "No Mary Sues/Gary Stus" rule to heart. If you aren't sure, check out the test that was posted with the site rule! I've even used it myself in the past to check if some of my more questionable characters.
4. Not all characters are going to get along, that's just the nature of it. However, please try to get along with all the authors. Be civil, be kind, and generally give everyone the respect that you would want yourself. If someone says they aren't comfortable with how you talk about their character or how your character interacts with them, be understanding and don't just write them off with "that's just how my character is!"
5. When making your form to join, please make sure you are descriptive, detailed, and use it to show off your writing ability. I reserve the right to reject someone's form based on it being too vague or displaying poor writing skills. Please also include the phrase "From our pokemon to yours" in your form to show me you've read the rules~
6. Generally, because I have quite a few plot details in mind, this is going to be a fairly guided roleplay. However, that doesn't mean you don't still drive it! I can change and adapt if you decide to choose a different path than I was choosing, so never be afraid to send things running forward! If you aren't really sure where I'm trying to go too and want some idea of what to do and what to write, you can always ask in this discussion thread as well!
7. Please, keep in mind that the best trainers in the regions have largely disappeared, meaning your trainer cannot be incredibly strong, with a perfectly balance team of level 100s and legendaries and such. Generally, you can be anything from a brand new trainer up to pokemon about level 40 on the far upper end. Mega evolution, like stated in site rules, is INCREDIBLY rare, and most trainers capable of it have probably disappeared as well. At most I will accept 1 mega-capable trainer, and I ask that you have some significant reason for having, besides just making a character that is as powerful as you can within the rules.
8. Shinies are EXTREMELY RARE, and as far as I'm concerned you cannot purposely breed to find them, or use game techniques like chaining to obtain one. Like Mega evolution, I will only allow one shiny in the entire roleplay, and I request that you have a good reason for having it, besides it just looking cute with your character.
9. I reserve the right to add or change rules, and the right to decline or remove characters based on poor or lazy writing. Generally, my word is law at the end of day, and the word of a site mod is simply reality.
10. Have fun~ Although I may come across as pretty strict, that's the aim of any roleplay is to enjoy it. ^-^

Well if you've survived that wall of text and still want to hang around, fill out this form to submit a character!

Name:
Romantic Orientation:
Appearance: (You can describe your appearance or use an image if you can give it a source, or if you are the source)
Personality:
Side: (For or against PokeCorp)
Pokemon team: (You can keep pokemon in boxes, but you can only have a max of 6 with you at a time. Please list your main with the following details, and include a list of pokemon and level of any in your storage boxes, up to 6 to keep things simple.)
  • Nickname/Species/Gender/Level/Ability/Moveset
(A short description of anything extra about the pokemon, including personality, any deviation from normal appearance in their species, held items, accessories, etc.)
Backstory:
Other:

If your not sure, here's my character's sheet you can use as an example:

Name: Evelyn "Eve" Jackson
Romantic Orientation: Panromantic
Appearance: Eve in a slender but strong girl, with thin shoulders and the lean muscles of a cyclist. She stands about 5'5", with ivory skin and a fairly dark complexion. Her long, thick hair is a dark brown, almost black, styled to have face framing bangs in the front, parted on the left, and the rest is kept up in a high pony tail that still reaches her lower back. Her long face has slightly prominent cheek bones beneath golden brown, slightly inset eyes and a small, refined nose. Typically, you will see her in very practical clothes, preferring shorts, a t-shirt and sneakers.
Personality: Incredibly impatient, Eve never had the patience for walking around everywhere and prefers to either run, cycle, or (as of recently) ride her Gogoat. Similarly, she's extremely strong headed, and can get rather temperamental if she's passionate about something. At her core though, she's kind hearted, just wanting what's best for her friends and her pokemon. Eve is also generally optimistic and outgoing, easily making friends, but not exactly naive. If you were to ask her, however, she will insist she's more of a realist, acknowledging that no one is perfect and recognizing the bad, but preferring to find the good in everyone.
Side: Against PokeCorp
Pokemon Team:
  • Gerald/Gogoat/M/32/Sap Sipper/Aerial Ace, Seed Bomb, Bulldoze, Synthesis
Gerald is an average Gogoat, although a pretty fast runner and has grown use to running while carrying Eve. He's extremely loyal, and like his owner, a bit impatient. All his faith is in his trainer, and no matter what, and in his mind there is nothing she could do wrong. Gerald was also Eve's first pokemon.
  • Sasha/Sharpedo/F/30/Speed Boost/Crunch, Ice Fang, Rage, Surf
Sasha appears a bit larger than other Sharpedos, and tends to be more aggressive as well. She's strong headed and always ready to leap into battle, which has caused Eve to get into plenty of unnecessary trainer battles while surfing on the pokemon.
  • Chompy/Gabite/M/30/Rough Skin/Dual Chop, Dragon Rage, Sand Tomb, Take Down
Chompy is a more level headed pokemon, a bit small for his species but having a higher speed stat than others at his level. He await's his trainers orders, but is actually quite intelligent and is able to see openings in the heat of battle to exploit, even if Eve hasn't given an order yet. Very no-nonsense type, his seriousness is a good counter balance to his trainer.
  • Fiona/Fletchinder/F/31/Flame Body/Razor Wind, Roost, Ember, Fly
Fiona is distinguished by a larger yellow streek by her eyes than other fletchinders. She's a very joyful pokemon, enjoying soaring around and playing with her trainers, even being a bit cuddly when she comes down to relax. In battle, she gives 110% and does her absolute best for her trainer.
  • Gizelle/Gardevoir/F/32/Synchronize/Psychic, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Magical Leaf
Gizelle is the calmest pokemon Eve has, often taking her time and encouraging her trainer and other pokemon to take their time and do things right, which can be quite beneficial. However, she tends to be infuriating at times, and occasionally refuse orders if she thinks her way is better. (To be fair, often times it is, if Eve has resorted to bringing her out).
  • Hamper/Haunter/M/31/Levitate/Payback, Shadow Punch, Sucker Punch, Confuse Ray
Hamper is a typical Haunter, loving to play pranks and cause mischief. He often refuses to return to his pokeball once he's out, instead floating just out of range and trailing his trainer, often playing pranks on her or others she travels with. It can be a bit infuriating to her. However, having a Ghost/Poison type is often times rather useful in battles, during which he behaves rather well.
Eve also has a Riolu in storage, level 5.

Backstory: Evelyn originates from Sinnoh, although she traveled a bit in Kalos before she came to Kanto. It was during her time in Kalos that the hands free system came out. Being a bit of a traditionalist and knowing her parents back in Sinnoh weren't using them, she decided not to buy or use one. When some of her friends began to bug her about it, she decided to look into it, and didn't like the idea of the ads, and sensed something was wrong. Over time, her friends seemed to excise her, since she couldn't communicate with them about some of the cool things that they got with it. Feeling unwelcome in Kalos and wanting a change, she decided to go to Kanto. Although it was the home of PokeCorp, something drew her to the region anyway. She believes that perhaps there is a way she can uncover the truth behind these hands-free computers if she gets closer to the company.
Other: She's hoping that she'll be able to meet others without the computers, to reaffirm that she's not crazy. Assuming this is true, she would very much prefer to travel with a party, being a strong extrovert.

There we have it! If you have any questions, always feel free to ask!