• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pok

Before you read this, if something is written on babelfish, i'm sorry, i'm not an english speaker and i make a few mistakes (damn those prepositions...). Also, I'm typing on a laptop, the keyboard is crappy and ignores some characters when he wants to. Well, let's go:

I've been thinking for a while on some different pok

* sees Weavile * Not a good moveset, Except for Ice punch. Heres a good moveset for Weavile:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
-Jolly/Adamant-

Ice punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Try that moveset.

And for Garchomp:

Garchomp@?
-Jolly-

Fire Fang
Dragon Claw/Pulse
Sandstorm
EarthQuake.

Hope I helped =D

Frosslass doesn't need Hail. It'll get destroyed the turn it uses it. Block is also pointless. Try Thunderbolt and Water Pulse over them. And use Shadow Ball over Ominous Wind.

Get rid of Sandstorm because it hinders your team alot. Use Swords Dance over it. Fire Fang and Stone Edge are good options for a last move.

Use Night Slash over Crunch because it compliments Sniper. Use which ever Fang that will fill any weakness in your team.

Hope that helped.

I was thinking about removing Hail, but didn't know what else use instead, about Block, i have a personal reason to use it, however, i'll try it first and see how that results. What I don't know is why I had choosen Ominous Wind...

Yeah, Night Slash is much better than Crunch on Drapion, but I've already got that drapion, and breeding another one just now will fry my brain, I'll do that later... xD.

Oh, I have a doubt about items: which is the one that gives a highest % of critical rate? I never know which to give to Drapion.

I was thinking about removing Hail, but didn't know what else use instead, about Block, i have a personal reason to use it, however, i'll try it first and see how that results. What I don't know is why I had choosen Ominous Wind...

Yeah, Night Slash is much better than Crunch on Drapion, but I've already got that drapion, and breeding another one just now will fry my brain, I'll do that later... xD.

Oh, I have a doubt about items: which is the one that gives a highest % of critical rate? I never know which to give to Drapion.

hmmm... i think the wide lens is the best choice then... not too sure though b/c i dont know the chance of a critical-hits

I also think that, but i'm not completely sure. Thanks anyway.

Another question: Which 2 of those pokemon would you add to the 4 I listed above?

Aggron, Zangoose, Nidoking, a Fossile one (not Cranidos or Omastar), Tyranitar, Scyther/Scizor, Jolteon, Mismagius, Gliscor, Houndoom, Mightyena, Ninjask, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Banette, Empoleon or Toxicroak.

They're too many... But I like all of them and never decide about which use, so i think that maybe you could help xD

I also think that, but i'm not completely sure. Thanks anyway.

Another question: Which 2 of those pokemon would you add to the 4 I listed above?

Aggron, Zangoose, Nidoking, a Fossile one (not Cranidos or Omastar), Tyranitar, Scyther/Scizor, Jolteon, Mismagius, Gliscor, Houndoom, Mightyena, Ninjask, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Banette, Empoleon or Toxicroak.

They're too many... But I like all of them and never decide about which use, so i think that maybe you could help xD

Not Tyranitar, Sandstream hinders your team.
You need some Pokemon to take hits so, Gliscor could be one of those spots.
Houndour, Mightyena, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Mismagius, and Banette are covered by Weavile and Frosslass already.
Nidoking is covered by Drapion.
Zangoose and Toxicroak are gone because you've got all your sweepers already.
Aggron is gone because it's weak to Earthquake, one of the most used attacks.
Scizor and Jolteon can both sweep but can also Baton Pass, so they could work.

Hope that helped.

Put in Ninjask, because then you bp some speed and attack to the Drapion for pwnege.

Ninjask @Focus Sash
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 198 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Protect
-Baton Pass

Use it as your lead to make sure it cant get set up on, then alternate protect and swords dance until you want to bp, but dont over do it.

No. U-Turn attacks and switches out and doesn't carry stat changes. Baton Pass passes the stats you gained to the Pokemon you passed it to.

I believed it carried stat changes, i was mistaken, then.

Changing subject. I've been two weeks hatching snorunt eggs and I couldn't get a modest female snorunt, the nearest I got was a Mild and a quiet one. I was thinking on training the quiet one and reinforcing her x0'9 speed with EV's (not too many, anyway), but I' not sure if i should. I should train the Mild one and reinforce DEF or train the Quiet one and reinforce SPD?

I ask a lot of questions because all this is new to me, i've been playing since R/B, but when I was young, who had more legendary pokemon was the one who won XD. Nothing about EV's, Changing Natures, etc...And, after R/B's boom, pokemon became a child's game and i had almost noone to play with, so i've never had a real challenge. This is a whole new world and i want to learn as much as i can xD