• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open PKMN: Whisked Away (Discussion)

arally

Previously AceAltaria
WHISKED AWAY

DESCRIPTION

You are a Pokémon who has been taken on a cruise trip with your trainer, heading for the Kalos region for your own reasons. Suddenly, a storm stirs up and the huge waves push the ship in another direction, luckily not injuring anyone. It wasn't over, yet, though. The ship is hurled towards a rock by waves, crashing into it. You and probably the rest of the travellers black out. You wake up to find yourself on an island, with no one else there except other Pokémon. The island is too far away from anywhere to fly or swim, so you're pretty much stuck, unless there's a hidden way back?

You don't know where your trainer is, or anyone else's for that matter. You don't remember much of anything besides your name and when the ship crashed. Maybe you'll find a way off the island. Maybe you'll meet some friends, or meet Pokémon you consider...more than friends? Who knows what will happen, you might end up just starting a new life here. We'll have to see.

RULES
1/ All Pokécharms rules apply.
2/ You may not be a Fakémon, mythical, or legendary Pokémon.
3/ Role-play in third person and past tense.
4/ No mary-sues, godmodding, autoing, or power-playing, please. It ruins the role-play.
5/ You may have as many characters as you wish, but please be able to play them all equally.
6/ Please respect everyone and don't be mean/rude ooc.
7/ I'm sure I'll add more rules in the future.
8/ Have fun!

CHARACTER FORMAT

Name:
Nickname(s):
Age (Optional):
Appearance:
Personality:
History (Optional):
Moveset:
Other (Optional):

My Characters :D

Name: Red
Nickname(s): N/A
Age (Optional): 10 years
Species: Zorua
Appearance: Red takes on the appearance of a normal Zorua when not disguised. She wears a necklace with a red 'R' attached to it. The 'R' stands for Red, her name. Red is a bit smaller than an average Zorua, but weighs the same as an average Zorua.
Personality: Red is a rather secretive Pokémon, but she certainly isn't quiet. She's fierce and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She is impulsive and usually doesn't think before acting sometimes. She can, however, warm up to you if she feels you would be a good friend or ally.
History (Optional): Red has always lived with her trainer, who saved her from a fight on the streets, until she ended up on the island. She was very close to her, and her trainer was close to her. When her trainer took her on the cruise, she couldn't resist! The only thing that tried to stop them was her trainer's mother, who despised the little Zorua. 'Don't go alone with this--this thing!' she had said. Her trainer ignored her, though, and took her anyway.
Moveset: Scratch, Pursuit, Fury Swipes, Foul Play (almost a Zoroark)

Other (Optional): Nooope

Name: Dream
Nickname(s): Dree
Age (Optional): 14 years
Species: Espeon
Appearance: Dream looks like any other Espeon. She wears gold wristbands on all four legs.
Personality: Dream is a laid-back, carefree Pokémon. She is smart and uses anything to its advantage, even if it might just be a little twig. She doesn't like fighting, and will try to calm others down, but will fight if she has to. Dream is rather talkative and enjoys conversation.
History (Optional): i'm too lazy to make up a history for her fniernvieruvue
Moveset: Confusion, Psybeam, Future Sight, Morning Sun

Other (Optional): noooope

CHARACTERS
-Red (@xThatOneKitty )
-Dream (@xThatOneKitty )

(please do remember that this is my first time making a role-play on here, so forgive me if i made a mistake) [rp thread will come soon, after we get enough people)
-

Red blinked her eyes open, groaning and closing her eyes again. Ugh, why does my head hurt so much.. she thought, opening her eyes again and struggling to sit up. She glanced around, her eyes widening as she took in the surroundings. "And where am I?!" She looked out into the ocean and remembered the ship had crashed.

"I didn't think I'd end up this far from the crash...actually, I didn't think it'd crash at all." She winced as she felt the pain in her head again. "Argh..." she grumbled, laying down in the sand.

Dream shook herself awake, scanning the new surroundings. "Hmm.." She couldn't remember much of anything, except the cruise ship crashing into the rock. She couldn't see the ship anywhere, though. Was she on some remote island in the middle of the sea? Was this a dream?

"Hello?" she said, getting to her feet and padding slowly around, looking for any other Pokémon. Dream sighed, listening to the calm sounds of the ocean as she searched. The Espeon felt weird trotting through the sand like this. There wasn't anything like this at home...

norii

Previously autir
:0 this seems really neat! Do I have to send a roleplay example, too, or anything like that? Also, sorry in advance for any errors, it's really late (almost morning) and I don't feel like proofreading.
I tried to make everything, including the movepool, tie in with the Pokémon's backstory because they're shorter than I'd like them to be.

★★
Name: Kirikage
Nickname: Kiri
Age: Assuming that Pokémon live much longer lives than normal animals, (in this case cats), then around 10.
Species: Litten
Appearance: Kiri is, mostly, your average Litten. She's smaller and a tad bit more light than most of her species though, but those traits merely go by as quirks from the lighting. She's dressed in a large pastel red bowtie that tickles her whiskers.

Personality: Around her trainer and other people, Kiri is lax, quiet, and to some, shy. She dares not to stray far from the palm of her trainer, greeting strangers with a startled hiss. During a battle, she's quite similar, often taking to fleeing instead of fighting, or surprise attacks instead. However, if she's without her trainer for a long time, (in the case of the roleplay), she becomes aloof and reckless until she can find somebody to lean on, which then, she eventually reverts back to her normal nature. Around Luma, Kiri acts similarly to how she does with trusted people, but with a knack for recklessness- she's trying to impress her.

History: Kirikage never had Pokémon parents. After a horrible storm swept Iki Town, she was separated from her family, sick and buried by heaps of sand and concealed by rubble. However, her cries and mewls had attracted an old woman: her trainer's grandmother. The old woman had nursed Kirikage back to health and named her as well, too afraid to even dare to free the Litten. Once Jona, her trainer, had reached eleven, Kirikage had taken a liking to her and became her first partner. The eleven-year-old girl had found 'Kirikage' too difficult to pronounce and decided on Kiri as a nickname. However, Jona never saw Kiri as a Pokémon to battle with, and more of a cuddly friend and pet, resulting in her never receiving much training.
Dearly attached to both of her Pokémon, Jona couldn't resist bringing them on a cruise to Kalos: a region she marveled at when her grandmother had offered to go.

Moveset: Fire Fang, Crunch, Scratch, Leer

Other: I'm going to assume that, unlike in the games, it's not easy for an 11-year-old to become Champion and best every trial ahead of them, so Jona should be around... 13, or 14. Her grandmother was on the cruise with her. Also! Crunch is an Egg Move, (I bred a Litten with it), which is why Kiri knows it. (I know most people know this but just in case.)

★★★
Name: Luma
Nickname: N/A
Age: She's not sure of that herself. But, she must be pretty young, considering a Lucario in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew lived for... a couple hundred years?
Species: Lucario
Appearance: Luma is taller than most Lucario, and wears a more aggressive glare. Although it's barely noticeable, her red eyes seem to have an azure blue tint, and she is paler than some Lucario. You can easily notice the golden heart-shaped locket that she wears. Lady luck must've blessed it, as it still shines despite the crash... and it hasn't broken or fallen off.

Personality: Luma is strong-willed and calm. She can sense other's emotions and auras, like other Lucario, which can cause her to become protective or motherlike to those weaker than her, physically or mentally. Sometimes she goes against her trainer's command to take the reign for what she believes is the better route, hinting at recklessness and pride. Luma is, of course, battle-ready and loves adventure, just like Leili once did.

History: Luma was given to Leili; Jona's grandmother, as a starting Pokémon. Leili, being the adventurous girl she was in her youth, grew a team and traversed the island, trumping many powerful trainers with her Riolu. As Luma's bond and power grew, so did Leili. Eventually, Leili had let her team become pets; rather, family. Tending gardens, helping neighbors... Luma, drawn to Jona's aura, wished to continue to pursue adventure, and she did. Due to Jona's attachment to Kiri, she often refused to send her out in battle if Luma was willing to listen, causing Luma to become protective of the feline as well.
Dearly attached to both of her Pokémon, Jona couldn't resist bringing them on a cruise to Kalos: a region she marveled at when her grandmother had offered to go.

Moveset: Aura Sphere, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Metal Claw

Other: Psychic is a TM, and so is Dark Pulse. I'm going to add that after years of not battling, Luma became weaker than she was in her prime, losing moves and power... which is why she doesn't have like... level 60 moves or something, and resorts to mostly TM moves.

This is really cool for your first thread, It's even way more detailed then my first one.
Join me in!
Oh! Also, Are shinies allowed? (I'm just asking becuz i'm curious.)

Name: Sharu
Nickname(s): N/A
Age (Optional): 10
Species: Shinx
Appearance: Sharu is just like any other shinx and because she's a female her hind legs have blue stockings. The only difference between her and a normal shinx is that she has green eyes. She also wears a white bandanna with purple stars on her neck.
Personality: Sharu is a jolly and impish feline. She would often play around with anyone if she gets the chance. But sometimes if she is tired or not feeling like playing, she would often lay around sleeping or just relax anywhere that's not dangerous.
History (Optional): When she hatched, the first thing she saw was her trainer. Apparently, when her trainer's family went to the park there was an egg leaned beside the tree. Seeing the parents weren't there they brought her home and now she became their daughter's first pokemon.
Moveset: Tackle, Spark, Bite, Attract
Other (Optional): N/A

Name: Alexander
Nickname(s): Alex.
Age (Optional): 15 years old.
Species: Luxio
Appearance: Alexander looks like.. well, a rather normal Luxio. He is slightly bigger than normal, which can give him the more intimidating look.
Personality: Unlike Athena, Alex prefers to keep to himself. He's extremely protective over those he is friends with- which is the Monferno at the moment. Earning his trust isn't easy, though- the opposite, really. The Luxio is more reasoning, being rather smart, instead of rash like Athena.
Moveset:
- Ice Fang,
- Quick Attack,
- Iron Tail
- Thunder Fang.

- - -

Name: Athena
Nickname(s): Ath.
Age (Optional): 14 years old.
Species: Monferno.
Appearance: Athena is just slightly smaller than others of her species.
Personality: Athena, despite being a bit smaller than others of her species, is rather feisty and challenging. The Fire Type is an adventurous one- meaning that she can get in trouble quite a lot of times. She's also rather social, loving to make new friends. Depending on her mood, she can be a bit cocky as well.
Moveset:
- Fire Punch,
- Mach Punch,
- Double Team,
- Thunder Punch.

Name: Vivere
Species: Poochyena
Appearance: At first, Vivere looked exactly how an average poochyena should, but after a brutal incident, his appearance was changed completely. Now, his tail is much shorter than average, and the top of one of his ears has been cut clean of. The most noticeable difference, however, is the fact that he only has three legs, a stump being all that's left of one of his front legs. He had a wooden leg, but it was destroyed when the ship crashed, leaving only half of it still attached.
Personality: To say the least, Vivere has trouble accepting that he's injured. He'll often attempt to help in ways that he shouldn't be able to, and he'll usually try to refuse assistance unless absolutely necessary. He used to be able to accomplish a surprising amount of tasks, but with his wooden leg broken, he most likely wont be able to get much done. Needless to say, he's a determined little guy, and no matter what others tell him, he'll do everything in his power to be as useful as everyone around him.
History: Living with his siblings and his mother, Vivere was always rather cautious. He listened to everything his mother said, and never disobeyed her. One day, though, their den was attacked by a vicious seviper, and his mother told him and his siblings to run. Of course, they complied, but looking back, Vivere saw his mother being killed, and it wasn't long before the seviper caught up to them, killing all of Vivere's siblings. Thinging quick, Vivere played dead while he being attacked, after his tail and ear were cut, and his leg was bitten, and the seviper slithered away, content. As Vivere was laying on the ground he convinced himself that if he had helped hi mother fight, they all could have survived, and he swore to himself that he would never back down from another fight as long as he lived. Luckily, Vivere was soon found by a doctor, who was studying certain herbs in the forest, and was brought to his house. Unfourtunately, the poison in Vivere's leg had already spread too much to be cured, so the doctor amputated it, giving Vivere a wooden one. After that day, Vivere stayed with the doctor, grateful to him for saving his life, and tried helping him out wherever he could. In that time, he gained an understanding of certain herbs and medicine, hoping his knowledge would come in handy in the future. He also helped nervous patients relax, much like a therapy dog. One day the doctor was contacted by a large hospital in Kalos, who offered him a job, and they agreed that Vivere could work as a therepy dog. Overjoyed by the idea of helping at such an important place, it was arguably more catastrophic for Vivere than others when he saw the ship heading toward a particularly large rock.
Moveset: Tackle, Howl, Rest, Attract
Other: The doctor gave Vivere the TMs for Rest and Attract, because he didn't want him using sand attack or bite, which were Vivere's other moves at the time. Rest and Attract were the only TMs he had, as his father was once a pokemon trainer, and never used either of them. Also, ironically, Vivere's ability is run away.