• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Physical Lucario- Help, Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I hatched a Physical Riolu. I have almost no clue what to do for a moveset. I'll try. NOTE: I may not stick with this one. Seriously, SpAtk is it's worst stat.

Lucario @ _?_?_?_
Steel/Fight-Type
Ability: Won't look right now.
Will EV train in Atk, Def, and Spd
1) Close Combat
2) Earthquake
3) Swords Dance
4) Poison Jab

I hope you can help.

AL needs help! *Please!*

Well first, you could run him as a cbander. You'd have to get rid of swords dance but it might help with power. Also, if you can find something for steel stab that could help, but the only attack I can think of is metal claw, which is not very strong even with stab.It still might work though. Maybe something like this could work:

Lucario@choice band
252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Defense
Close combat
earthquake
metal claw
poisin jab( any particular reason for this, or is it just because you couldnt think of anything else?)

Thank you Pichazard, but I hate Choice items... I like the Meal Claw thing, but, as you said, it would work with a CB. An I don't get the whole "252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Defense" thing. Could you possibly provide me with a link?

This typing in darkness hurts the eyes!!

AL is now blind.

Thank you Pichazard, but I hate Choice items... I like the Meal Claw thing, but, as you said, it would work with a CB. An I don't get the whole "252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Defense" thing. Could you possibly provide me with a link?

This typing in darkness hurts the eyes!!

AL is now blind.

By 252,252,6 he's referring to EVs. You can have a max of 510 EVs total, and a max of 255 EVs in any stat.

So he's saying invest 252 EVs in ATK, 252 in Speed and the leftover 6 in Def.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EV

In all honesty, if you DON'T want to go with a Physical Lucario, you could always breed a special attack one.

In my case, I've gone down the physical route for mine as a choice band sweeper and he works well.

Lucario@Choice Band
252 Attack 129 Speed 129 Defense (Doesn't need a lot of speed. He's already pretty fast)
Close Combat
Crunch
Blaze Kick
Return

Yeah, 2 of them are egg moves; but I bred it to fit in with my team. That's why it doesn't have Earthquake.

Also, Steel STAB really isn't needed. There are only a handful of good steel moves and most of them can't be learnt by Lucario. Besides, Steel is only super effective against Rock and Ice.

Yes, but Atk is it's best, I don't want a Special yet, and I hate CBs. Thank you for the EV help. Ah, Steel, that's right....

Yes, I know I'm picky, but I don't think I'll have luck getting another Riolu like this one. So breeding is out of the question.

AL

From what I have used, I would say a phys Lucario works well with

Lucario@Focus Sash
Adamant
Close Combat
Earthquake/Crunch
Extremespeed/Crunch
Swords Dance

252 attack, 126 speed, 126 defence..

You can use crunch, for taking out ghosts, Swords dance, and extremespeed to your hearts content, Earthquake is... you know, Earthquake :p It's on almost every phys sweeper, so I figured "why not" but Crunch might be a better choice. Close combat is there to take out anything resistant to Normal/Dark.

Okay... but should I go with EV training my Lucario, then? I will use it, but I was just curious.

Thanx to you all!

AL has Spoken! *POOF*

Lucario @ Muscle Band/Choice Band
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Close Combat
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge
Shadow Claw/Crunch

Do you still need help? Lucario is one of the Pokemon that got an extremely wide movepool.

Here's my input:

-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Stone Edge/Extreme Speed
-Swords Dance

Close Combat is for a STABed attack, Crunch and Stone Edge are for Coverage. To use Extreme Speed, combine it with a Foucs Sash. Swords Dance for Stat upping.

Sorry if i bumped this, but I have a great moveset for lucario.

Lucario@? ( I sick at items)
-MODEST/TIMID-

Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere ( MUCH better than Close Combat in my opinion)
Flash Cannon/Psychic

I prefer psychic, to take down Poison,Fight etc. types.

OK, thank you. After this confirmation, I'm locking this topic.

Lucario @
Steel/Fight-Type
Ability:
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP
1) Close Combat
2) Stone Edge
3) Shadow Claw
4) Swords Dance

Now, with that out of the way...

AL is Closing!

Status
Not open for further replies.