• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ori RP Attempt #2 because fucc it the games are godlike

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Not really sure how many people know about the Ori series, but it's really underrated. Just played both games and goddamn they hit hard. So in honor of Moon Studios Imma try this again.

Probably not a lot of people know Ori, but ah well. On the bright side, unlike most of my RPs, I've actually got a plot ready, so yay me.

Plot: In the lands of Niwen and Nibel, peace has finally been accomplished. A community of Guardian Spirits live together in a sort of middle ground between the two lands, acting as guards for any attacks, as well as helping any request from people in need. Even though the Decay has been eliminated, enemies still remain, and occasionally wander into civilized places.

Recently though, enemies have gotten more common, and attacks have gotten more frequent. Now, even younger Light Spirits are trained for combat.

Luckily, nothing too bad has happened, so the young spirits usually just help with small affairs, such as item trades and the occasional lost Moki.

Speaking of which, another one has gotten lost in Inkwater Marsh, so you and a band of friends (or acquaintances, if you one of those people) go in to search for him.

Rules
-Follow the Pokecharms Rules, duh
-No Mary Sues, Stus, Pous, Nous, etc
-Romance is allowed, but don't take it too far
-Violence is unavoidable, but don't go too into detail
-Have fun or I swear to myself I'll break into your house

Name:
Appearance: (Most Spirits look the same, but you can distinguish yourself by clothing, scars, or even the color they glow. It's up to you)
Personality:
Light Weapon: (Guardians are born with a light weapon they can summon at will )
Spirit Skill: (All Guardians are also born with an instinctive skill. These don't require a weapon.)
(I prefer we don't repeat weapons and skills, but you may go ahead if you want to. Feel free to make a completely new weapon or skill, but make it original and not OP.)
(To simplify things, I'll put the canon weapons and skills there are)
Weapons:
Spirit Blade: A long blade of light. Quick and decently strong. User: @Gamingfan
Spirit Smash: A large light hammer. Slow, but hits hard. Quite good a breaking unstable structures.
Spirit Arc: A bow of light. Long ranged and can be shot quickly. User: @| Korutesu |
Spirit Spike: A launched spear of light. Quick and strong when fired, but slow recharge.
Sentry: A sentry that shoots weak but quick shots enemies nearby. Very flexible
Light Burst: A burst of light that can be lobbed at opponents. Very hot.
Spirit Star: A star that works like a boomerang, returning to the sender from almost anywhere. Somewhat short ranged, but hits multiple times and can drag opponent.

Skills:
Bash: Launch off enemies and redirect projectiles. Not very strong. User: @Gamingfan
Grapple: Grapple onto enemies or certain fauna. Not very strong. User: @| Korutesu |
Blaze: Burst into flames. Wide range and decent power, but take care of friendly fire.
Flash: Summon an aura of light that brightens the area and hurts foes little by little.
Regenerate: Heal yourself slowly
Stomp: Ground pound into the floor or enemies. Good power and creates a small shockwave.
Water Breath: Breathe in water.
Launch: Yeet yourself in a certain direction. Can hurt enemies.

Backstory: (Optional)

Participants:
Name: Luz
Appearance: Wears a red scarf that's obviously too long for him, and glows a deep cyan.
Personality: Luz is always up for adventure, being a bit of an adrenaline junkie. As such, he's reckless and has a sharp tongue. Nevertheless, he has a good heart, trying his best to help as much as he can, even though his lack of forethought usually brings more trouble than good.
Light Weapon: Spirit Edge
Spirit Skill: Bash
Backstory: Uhhh

Welp, there we go. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. I probably will close this after I get a certain amount of people, but I'll have to decide on the amount first.

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Well, I'm gonna join this cause an idea popped into my head and don't want it to go. Can you reserve a spot for me, please? I promise I won't blow up a hospital...... again

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Disclaimer: i don't know this game, looked it up. must've reminded me of a different game. but i did go into this blind.

Name: Jupiter "Jup"
Appearance: He normally wears a bandana, as he glows a bright gray
Personality: He's a fairly outgoing person, which in turn makes him fairly reckless. He has fairly good hand-eye coordination as well as keen eyesight. He's also a bit popular among others.
Light Weapon: Spirit Arc - pretty self-explanatory. you need actual arrows to use it though.
Spirit Skill: Grapple
Backstory: NO, THIS OC'S PERSONALITY ALREADY TOOK 2 DAYS

Last edited:

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Name: Genji Bengali
Appearance: Genji has green hair and wears a black and green chestplate and has a scar through his right eye.
Personality: Genji is calm and meditates most of the time, but in battle, he's a force to be reckoned with.
Light Weapon: Spirt Star
Spirit Skill: Blaze
Backstory: Hmm...I got nothing:@

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
@XxMrNinjaxX
Few things to note.
The mask is a bit...too futuristic for the Ori series, other than that the design is fine. The flaming sword is also too similar to the Spirit Blade. If you want the fire aspect I'd recommend Light burst as a weapon or Blaze as a skill.
Speaking of, Spirit smash, which can be upgraded into Spirit Shock, actually has the spirit wield a hammer of sorts, so it'll actually qualify as a weapon. I get the misunderstanding though, it's not well described.
Just a few things to fix.

I'll edit in the weapons and skills in my own words later, so it'll be understandable.