• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Opinions on a evolution at lvl 2

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
No, it isn't...

Though it requires quite a lot of berries, I've gotten a Level 2 Lucario/Blissey before.
Berries 21-26 I think... those are the berries that make a pokemon more affectionate at the cost of 10 EVs.
Immediately after hatching, a pokemon has no EVs to lose, so it's a win/win.

At the same time, there are pokemon that can't learn certain moves if you evolve them too soon.
Most of those require evolution stones though.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
??
\___/
|O.o|
===

How did you get it to like you then? I've been trying to find a way to do that quickly without the berries for a good while now...

I don't know if it's a hack or not but a level 2 Lucario is possible like Ruko said. And berries aren't the only thing that will work, they're just the quickest way.

I did something similar where I just left a Riolu in my party for a long time while holding a Soothe Bell. Thanks to all the walking and a couple of massages, I maxed its happiness. Then I let it hold the Exp. Share and was elevated to level 11 in a single battle and it evolved into Lucario.

How long did it take you to max out Riolu's happiness by the way.

I evolved a level 52 golbat into crobat at level 53. I didn't give it any berrys or massages etc. too raise its happieness, I just left it in my party for aaaages.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Whenever I use the berries, it takes between 30 and 40 of them, not to max the Happiness, but to get it high enough for evolution. And it just so happens you can use up to 51 of the vitamins on them (10 EVs a piece)

If you simply want data, then its never to soon...

BUT

if you want competition-style

then you should wait until the good moves are learnt THEN evolve it