1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Collab Project: Mythological Creature Sprites

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Skyheart42, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hello! I'm hosting an open collaborative project for anyone who makes sprites or sprite fusions! Basically, all you have to do is create a sprite of a mythological creature(either by fusing, editing, or from scratch) so I can add it to this sheet. They won't be used for anything, it's just a fun project for everyone.

To add a sprite, upload the file of your sprite in the comments and give me the following information:
    • Creature Name
    • Category- Greek Mythology; Other mythology (i.e. Egyptian, Roman, ect. Please include the mythology it is from); Modern Cryptids (Modern myths and urban legends like the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, or El Chupacabra)
    • From scratch, fusion, or edit of a single sprite. If it's a fusion or edit, tell me what Pokemon you used.
    Sprite Requirements:
    • Must be about the size of an official Pokemon sprite. (Needs to fit in 100x85 box)
    • Must be a .PNG file
    • Must be decent quality (Something close to what you see already on the sheet)
    • Must be accurate to the creature
    Other Notes:
    • Please don't make a sprite of something someone else has made. I don't want repeats on here(It would probably eventually get too long if I allowed that) and I don't want to be forced to choose between two people.
    • If you want to remake/update a sprite YOU have posted on here, comment with the new sprite telling me it's a remake/update and any new information.

Below is the sprite sheet. I will update it every time someone makes a new sprite (or whenever I get around to it).

Myth Pokemon Sheet.png
    Sprite List(Last Updated: Dec. 17 6:42 PM):

Greek Mythology:
    • Greek Sphinx by Skyheart42. Fusion: Absol, Liepard, Pidgeot.
    • Cerberus by Skyheart42. Fusion: Houndoom(R/S, Emerald, D/P Sprites).
    • Chimera by Colleen. Edit of Luxray.

Other Mythology:
    • Egyptian Sphinx by Skyheart42. Fusion: Absol, Liepard, Cofagrigus.

Modern Cryptids:
    • Loch Ness Monster by Skyheart42. Fusion: Charizard and Lapras.
    • Jersey Devil by Virizynth. Fusion: Lucario, Charizard, Houndoom, Rapidash.

#1 Skyheart42, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Shiny Lyni and AzureEdge like this.
  2. Ghostly-Hedgehog

Ghostly-Hedgehog Formerly Colleen

Chimera
    Greek mythology
    Luxray edit
    Colleen entry.png

Skyheart42 and AzureEdge like this.
  3. @Colleen Thank you! I've added your Chimera Sprite to the sprite sheet!

4. Ghostly-Hedgehog

Thankies!!! Honestly this was my first pokemon sprite……other than the trainer sprites on my artwork :D

5. @Colleen It looks good for your first Pokemon sprite! With a little more experience, you'll be great at editing sprites, and you might even eventually be able to make sprites from scratch! :D

Ghostly-Hedgehog likes this.
  6. I decided that I'd have a go at this :D
    I done the Jersey Devil since it one of my favourite Cryptids (I think it looks badass), I haven't been doing sprite work for very long so its probably not that great, but I hope you like it anyway ^^
    Here is the sprite:
    [​IMG]
    I made this by fusing:

Lucario (BW sprite)
    Charizard (BW sprite)
    Houndoom (BW sprite)
    Rapidash ( Platinum Sprite (action)

Ghostly-Hedgehog likes this.
  7. Ghostly-Hedgehog

:halo: Thanks alot and i will keep trying harder and harder each time I do!!!

8. @Virizyth Thank you! The Jersey Devil has been added to the sprite sheet!

9. Aaronimations

Aaronimations Formerly Aaron the Fright

upload_2015-1-12_20-48-13.png here is a Echinda
    it is from Greek mythology
    i used Arbok and a female ace trainer

#9 Aaronimations, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    AzureEdge likes this.
  10. AzureEdge

AzureEdge ✧luzrov rulay✧

I'm not very good at sprite work, but here's my take on this.
    • Cenataur.png Cenataur- (Greek Mythology) I made this by- Sabrina (HG/SS),Rapidash- (D/P/PT),Burgh-(B/W),Swimmer F (D/P/PT)
    • Unicorn.png And here's my take on a Unicorn. (I think this best fits in Modern Cryptids, although I guess it can fit in Other Mythology) This was a Recolored Rapidash sprite. I believe it's a platinum sprite.

#10 AzureEdge, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. voidaquariums

voidaquariums Formerly Luxray901

I'll be doing some sprites too, most likely Greek mythological characters because I can bug Shiny Glaceon about it.
    Also, @Icee Aaron, that's a Gorgon, not an Echidna.
    Edit: Never mind

#11 voidaquariums, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. Aaronimations

oh sorry i went online to find mythological cretures
    and it said that was a echinda
    ill fix it

13. Actually Echidna is correct. Echidna is a monstrous diety in greek mythology that is much more ancient then the gorgons. She does not have the Gorgon snakes for hair and is more of a lamia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_(mythology)

14. Aaronimations

thanks

15. Hey, this sounds mighty interesting... Thinking of joining but does things like creepypasta or modern tales (e.g Slenderman, scp creatures, etc) count as modern cryptids?