• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Collab Project: Mythological Creature Sprites

Hello! I'm hosting an open collaborative project for anyone who makes sprites or sprite fusions! Basically, all you have to do is create a sprite of a mythological creature(either by fusing, editing, or from scratch) so I can add it to this sheet. They won't be used for anything, it's just a fun project for everyone.

To add a sprite, upload the file of your sprite in the comments and give me the following information:
  • Creature Name
  • Category- Greek Mythology; Other mythology (i.e. Egyptian, Roman, ect. Please include the mythology it is from); Modern Cryptids (Modern myths and urban legends like the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, or El Chupacabra)
  • From scratch, fusion, or edit of a single sprite. If it's a fusion or edit, tell me what Pokemon you used.
Sprite Requirements:
  • Must be about the size of an official Pokemon sprite. (Needs to fit in 100x85 box)
  • Must be a .PNG file
  • Must be decent quality (Something close to what you see already on the sheet)
  • Must be accurate to the creature
Other Notes:
  • Please don't make a sprite of something someone else has made. I don't want repeats on here(It would probably eventually get too long if I allowed that) and I don't want to be forced to choose between two people.
  • If you want to remake/update a sprite YOU have posted on here, comment with the new sprite telling me it's a remake/update and any new information.

Below is the sprite sheet. I will update it every time someone makes a new sprite (or whenever I get around to it).

Myth Pokemon Sheet.png

Sprite List(Last Updated: Dec. 17 6:42 PM):

Greek Mythology:
  • Greek Sphinx by Skyheart42. Fusion: Absol, Liepard, Pidgeot.
  • Cerberus by Skyheart42. Fusion: Houndoom(R/S, Emerald, D/P Sprites).
  • Chimera by Colleen. Edit of Luxray.

Other Mythology:
  • Egyptian Sphinx by Skyheart42. Fusion: Absol, Liepard, Cofagrigus.

Modern Cryptids:
  • Loch Ness Monster by Skyheart42. Fusion: Charizard and Lapras.
  • Jersey Devil by Virizynth. Fusion: Lucario, Charizard, Houndoom, Rapidash.

Last edited:
I decided that I'd have a go at this :D
I done the Jersey Devil since it one of my favourite Cryptids (I think it looks badass), I haven't been doing sprite work for very long so its probably not that great, but I hope you like it anyway ^^
Here is the sprite:
8Za6D6P.png

I made this by fusing:

Lucario (BW sprite)
Charizard (BW sprite)
Houndoom (BW sprite)
Rapidash ( Platinum Sprite (action)

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I'm not very good at sprite work, but here's my take on this.
  • Cenataur.pngCenataur- (Greek Mythology) I made this by- Sabrina (HG/SS),Rapidash- (D/P/PT),Burgh-(B/W),Swimmer F (D/P/PT)
  • Unicorn.pngAnd here's my take on a Unicorn. (I think this best fits in Modern Cryptids, although I guess it can fit in Other Mythology) This was a Recolored Rapidash sprite. I believe it's a platinum sprite.

Last edited:

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
I'll be doing some sprites too, most likely Greek mythological characters because I can bug Shiny Glaceon about it.
Also, @Icee Aaron, that's a Gorgon, not an Echidna.
Edit: Never mind

Last edited:
I'll be doing some sprites too, most likely Greek mythological characters because I can bug Shiny Glaceon about it.
Also, @Icee Aaron, that's a Gorgon, not an Echidna.
oh sorry i went online to find mythological cretures
and it said that was a echinda
ill fix it
Actually Echidna is correct. Echidna is a monstrous diety in greek mythology that is much more ancient then the gorgons. She does not have the Gorgon snakes for hair and is more of a lamia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_(mythology)

Hey, this sounds mighty interesting... Thinking of joining but does things like creepypasta or modern tales (e.g Slenderman, scp creatures, etc) count as modern cryptids?