• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece: New Era

Most people would be rather alarmed by Vick's sudden appearance, but Wu could only produce a grin as he walked over to the (relative to him) stranger.

"I must say I've haven't know you for a minute, but I like you already. Name's Wu." Wu said with a smile to Vick. Even extending his arm out for a handshake.

Vick released a wide grin himself, outstretching his arm to shake Wu's hand. It was nice to see a new face aboard, it would have been real awkward if Vick had expected Naru to simply be okay with himself stowing away on the ship when it would only be them two - but now that there were three of them, it started to feel like an actual crew. Small now, but growing.

"Nice to meet ya' acquaintance, Wu. This crew is shaping up to look pretty good so far if you ask me! Where do you come from?" Vick asked, inspecting more of the stolen jewelry, wondering how he would be able to sell them for twice their original price.

"Pride of East Blue! Though I don't have a "home" exactly. Spent my life traveling from place to place. Just go where the wind takes me. Perfect for the life of a pirate if I say so myself." Wu said, his grin having not faded while he spoke to Vick.

.......(Previous Island).......

"Captain Silverson!"

Silverson was behind his desk at a marine base doing the ever so desired task of paper work with a marine came barging into his office. A frightened expression on his face. The muscular man with the grey beard let out a sigh before he set the paper down.

"What is it?" Silverson said as the marine gave a salute before he spoke

"It's Vice Captain Devin! He blew up a cabbage cart while stopping another thief." The marine said which only seemed to mildly surprise Silverson.

"Did I or did I not tell him he had done enough and was off duty for the remainder of the day?" Silverson said with an tired expression; as if he has said this many times in the past.

"Yes sir, but when one of the men talked to him he about that order he said it was..."volunteer work" sir." The marine explained as Silverson let out another sigh.

That kid has heart, but this gung-ho no days off attitude he has is just gonna age me all the more. Not to mention how careless he can be sometimes...

Naru kept the boat from tipping by leaning towards the side it was moving at. He turned to face Vick. "You know there are better ways to get on a ship which involves not having the boat almost fall over." He said. He then flashed a jolly smile. "Welcome to the crew Vick." He said. He looked at the island they were heading to. "We're almost there." He said out loud.

Vick was quite surprised at Naru's good attitude - he figured he wouldn't like someone like Vick on the crew so quickly. Perhaps every time he has gotten on the boat so far was in a dangerous manner. Vick let out a laugh too, being put in the good mood as well.

"YAHOOOO!!!" He called, standing up, gazing at the land off in the distance. "I can't believe we're heading for the Grand Line. You know we'll all probably die, right?"

He, only having been listening to rumors of the Grand Line, wondered what they would find. He had his own worries - not of death, but of what they might not find. This could all be just one big lie - the Pirate King could've been lying to everyone just to fool them and get them all killed for being greedy. Whatever it was, he was ready.

=====================[Prev. Island]============================================

Carter sighed, grumbling to himself as he made his way back into the town, accompanied by two other marines behind him. A small conflict broke out just minutes prior, and now V.C Devin, who he had become quite close in terms of friendship with (due to being some of the youngest in the Marines), had just caused another disturbance - Captain Silverson forcing Carter to go deal with it. He hid his face under his Marine hat as he mumbled on during the walk.

"This dude.....always going above and beyond. Even during his off-duty time he continues to strive to be the embodiment of the Marines..."

The pink-headed Lieutenant chuckled a bit to himself as he thought about Devin's past actions - this not even being one of the worst.

"L-Lieutenant Carter, are you alright?" One of the Marines behind him asked, hearing the teen laugh.

"Yeah....I'm fine. Lets just get Vice Devin under control."

The group of three approached Devin, seeing the mutilated cabbage cart, burns of explosions on the ground and sides of buildings, and even the faces of terrified people. Carter sighed, and one of the lower ranked Marines pulled out his pen and paper and immediately began writing down the notes for the incident report that the city would soon ask for. Carter took a scan around the area before finally locating Devin. The group approached him, Carter and the other two men simultaneously saluting to Devin and holding it as Carter spoke.

"VICE CAPTIAN DEVIN, SIR!" He started, "The Captain is worried about your actions. He has asked me to tell inform you to please try to refrain from causing panic and damage to the city. Thievery is not tolerable by any means, but you are off-duty, so you must try to relax a little, sir."

Once he finished, he lowered his saluting hand and placed it on his hip, looking around at the damage and turned to face the citizens, who still seemed in a stage of shock and worry.

"We apologize that the criminal has caused our Captain to take just drastic measures, but worry not, as this will be handled." One of the other Marines went over to the cabbage cart's owner to get a quick report from him, while Carter went back to Devin. "Damn, you really went ham on that thief...where is he, by the way?"

Last edited:
"Eh, we all die someday anyway. The greatest treasure in the world might be out there, we have to take that chance to go find it. That's the spirit of adventure, and to not go and try to find it just because it might not there would be a regret. And I will not live with regrets." Wu said as he gave a stare into the horizon.

..........(Previous Island)..........

Devin had gotten done turning the thief in and apologizing for the property damage when his good buddy Carter arrived with other marines...to scold him. Devin gave the group a sheepish grin.

"Yeah, might have gone a tad overboard. Don't worry, already sent that petty criminal behind bars and returned the stolen item. In my defense, I tried to keep the fight contained but that guy was pretty good at dodging." Devin said before he let out a sigh at Carter's comment about relaxing.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm off duty, I shouldn't be working. But...I can't stop! If I see someone in trouble, if I see an injustice being committed, I have to help regardless of circumstance. Isn't that the way of the marine: to help people in need? To spread Justice wherever it is needed? Heroes don't get off time." Devin explained. Devin knew he was a workaholic, and his fighting style gave way to collateral damage, but Devin couldn't help himself. Devin had to be the best marine he could be; to stand among the greats before him like the hero Garp. Devin just had a need to help others, he couldn't suppress the urge.

Naru chuckled a little when Vick said they were going to die. "We might, but like Wu said, the adventure is too good to pass up. The greatest treasure, the One Piece is at the end of the Grand Line just waiting to be found, so that exactly what I plan to do." He said optimistically. The boat arrived at the port of the island. Naru jumped out and turned to Vick. "Alright Vick, you wanted to sell those stolen goods right? Well do that now, it would win us a bit of money." He said. "I will go look for anything interesting while we're here. Wu, do what you like." He said looking at his crew.

Dean waited quietly leaning on the side of a small ship cleaning his sword very carefully "ugh how long is she going to take" Dean said to himself "it's just one pirate" he said before seeing a figure coming to the docks "Finaly" Dean said before getting onto the ship "hey Eliza hurry up we haven't got all day!" He yelled as he untied the mast

Eliza looked up at Dean and sighed as she walked up onto the ship "I've got him" Eliza said as she threw Dorvack on the ground "tie him to the mast I'll cast the ship off "Eliza said as she pulled up the board of wood connecting the ship to the dock "and once your done tieing him up start rowing I'll set a course "Eliza said as she took out a coumpass and a map from her pocket

It had been a long day for Reeze as he made his way toward his home, but apparently not long enough. After buying what he needed, he made his way toward the office, and stopped when he saw a scene that made him sick to his stomach. Once again, a couple of marines were lashing out at one of the townsfolk from the slums, like bullies extorting lunch money from a kid at school. "Listen, lady, this tax has been around for a month, and you haven't been paying."

"I...I was never aware of any new tax! I swear there must be some mistake!" The woman replied desperately, shirking away from the larger men.

"Well, that's too bad. Because not paying up on your taxes is punishable with 20 years in prison." One of them chuckled, taking her chin into his hand and forcing her to look him in the eye. "Looks like we're gonna have to take you in."

"No! Please! I have two children I need to care for! I can't go to prison! Please, I'm begging you!" The woman sobbed. It was like a nightmare for her. Her youngest son had been diagnosed with the pandemic that had been going around, and had been comatose for months now. Now she was never going to see ANY of her children again. As the marines approached her, however, one of them was struck by what seemed to be a sword blade wrapped in bandages. Letting out a groan, the struck soldier slumped over onto the road.

"What th-?! Alright, now what?!" The other marine growled, facing the man who now stood between him and the woman. "Oh. It's you."he said distastefully, glaring at Reeze.

"We've done this song and dance a hundred times before, pal, and we both know how it'll end if you don't leave now." Reeze said, holding his blade out and pointing the wrapped steel at his opponent. "But, if you still want to take a chance and fight, at least it would liven things up for me. So go ahead, punk. Make...my...day."

Naru walked around the small town when he noticed Reeze confronting the two marines. "This should be interesting." He thought as he jumped on one of the building nearby to watch what happens next.

Wu had just finished a purchase of an orange when he heard some commotion in the distance. He soon saw Naru watching what appeared to be some confrontation in the distance.

"So, mind tell me what happened here?" Wu asked, out of the loop on what had happened.

Naru glanced back at Wu. "Its seems like this person is picking a fight with these navy men because they were about to take that women away." He explained. "I just got here too so I don't know the details."

Vick wiped a bit of sweat off of his eyebrow.

"Damn. This island sure attracts some heat." He murmured as he glared at the beaming sun above them.

He had been out for a couple hours already, creating a makeshift stand in the middle of one of the island's tiny shopping districts. Vick was selling some of the jewelry and items he had stolen from the previous island - and was doing a decent job. He had managed to sell some counterfeit, obviously fake gold for about double their original price. But some customers simply saw through the scams.

The teen had been persuading people for so long, he almost started to think robbing people would be easier. But he didn't want to create any ruckuses, so he remained non-violent. After all, he managed to round up around $1000 Beli. Not too bad, and should be enough for his newly founded Crew to get on their feet.

The two marines charged at Reeze with an angry battle cry, swords out and slicing the air. The doctor reacted quickly, parrying the blows the two of them sent his way as he circled around them and leaped back, a thread now visible in his hand. With a good yank, the marines' legs were suddenly tied together, and they began to fall forward just as Reeze swung his own wrapped blade. The attack struck a soldier's ribcage and sent the two of them crashing to the ground, their swords sliding across the road from their wielders. Dropping the thread, Reeze then withdrew six scalpels from his sleeves, each coated in some sort of liquid. As the guards got up and charged again, the young man in the fedora threw the knives. The blades didn't do much damage as they sank into their targets' flesh, but soon, the guards began to slow down, as if their muscles were weakening. "Wh-what the...?! What did you do?!" One of them demanded as he slouched over.

"Oh, don't worry. Those blades are just covered in a non-lethal dose of a paralysis potion I came up with." Reeze explained, "You should be able to move again in twenty four hours, and I'm sure your buddies'll pick you up before then." With that settled, he gave a nod to the woman the corrupt marines were extorting before making his way to his office and closing the door.