• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Newest Team: Team Bug

Once again, I'm bored and have decided to make another "themed" team. I may make some of theese pokemon, but since my own team isn't finished I don't know when that will be. I've tried to use some tactics that I don't normally use in this team (my team is just tanks and sweepers). Here it is:

Vespiquen @leftovers
Careful (+sp. def -sp. atk)
Pressure
-U-turn
-Aerial ace
-Heal Order
-Defend order

I like to have a defencive pokemon first, plus it's got U-turn so I can switch if necessary. U-turn to switch whilst picking up damage (mainly if I'm up against rocks), also gets a boost from STAB. Arial Ace for STAB. Heal order for recovery. Defend order for defensive boosts.

Heracross @Focus Sash
Adamant (+atk -sp. atk)
Swarm (dosn't die because of focus sash then Megahorn kills everything! Mwahahaha!!)
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Megahorn for STAB and power, and (hopefully) gets boosted by swarm as well. Close Combat for STAB and power. Earthquake and Stone Edge for power and coverage.

Scyther @Focus Sash
Adamant (+atk -sp. atk)
Technician
-X-scissor
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

X-scissor for STAB. Arial for STAB and gets boosted by Technician. Brick Break has great coverage. Swords Dance to make sweeping eisier.

Forretress @Occa Berry (to stop them nasty fire types whilst I kill them with EQ)
Sturdy
Impish (+def -sp. atk)
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Earthquake
Rapid Spin to get rid of spikes etc.. Stealth Rock for passive damage, and if he didn't have it he wouldn't exactly be a Rapid Spinner. Earthquake for coverage against fire types. Explosion as a last resort,for when i'm about to be killed to be able to take my opponant down with me.

Yanmega @Wise Glasses
Modest (+sp. atk -atk)
Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Ground

Bug Buzz and Air Slash for STABs. Psychic for coverage. HP Ground for coverage against Rock Types.

Ninjask @Focus Sash
Adamant (+atk -sp.atk)
Speed Boost
-Night Slash
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

This is my first time at making a Baton Passer, but I think I've got all the moves right (for a Baton Passer that is). Night Slash because none of my other pokemon have coverage against ghosts. Substitute to get the stat growths without getting myself killed. Swords Dance to Baton Pass. Baton pass is to give my other pokeon the stat growths from Swords Dance and Speed Boost.

Theres my bug themed team. I tried to use poisitions that I dont normally use, so sorry if thier not correct and if so please tell me how to improve. (and rate it please!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Put Ariel Ace on Ninjask, Dig is a waste of a move.

Why put Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes on Foretress?

Evolve Scyther into Siczor.

Pretty good 8/10

Yes...and for Ninjask I sugest this move set:

Ninjask@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
-Baton Pass
-Substitue
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor

Baton Pass to pass out Swords Dance and Speed Boost. Substitue to safely get the boosts. X-Scissor for STAB and hits Psychic types.

Heracross can use Adamant Nature Better. Pursuit, Night Slash and Aerial Ace are all solid options over Earthquake. Choice Scarf can really improve the speed of Hearcross.

Impish Nature and drop Toxic Spikes for Explosion. That way you can go out with a Bang.

Just some random thing. Aerial has an 'e' in it. You keep spelling it wrong Carlos. Could you just fix that, or try to. It just bugs me little. Nothing worth warning over.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll put the changes on my first thread.
Heracross can use Adamant Nature Better. Pursuit, Night Slash and Aerial Ace are all solid options over Earthquake. Choice Scarf can really improve the speed of Hearcross.

Do you mean to definatley change Earthquake for the moves you mentioned, or possibley change Earthquake for the moves you mentioned? Also, I really don't like using Choice items and Ninjask will give me enough speed from speed boost @ baton pass.
[quote author:plapti link=topic=3828.msg49024#msg49024 date=1203706669]
Just some random thing. Aerial has an 'e' in it. You keep spelling it wrong Carlos. Could you just fix that, or try to. It just bugs me little. Nothing worth warning over.
[/quote]
I'll edit my first post and change that for you, sorry, i'm not very good with spelling. :( ... and hehe... it bugs me... never mind...

Those are just some other options. The only things is if you don't have max speed, some Choce Scarf Users can outspeed Ninjask.

You can then go with the Guts activation to get a boost of 1.5 to all of your attacks. Have it hold the Flame Orb and you'll get the power boost, or switch in on a Toxic or Will-o-Wisp.

Yes I know noticed that pun I used.

Thanks again.

For Heracross I think I'll stick with Swarm. With it having such weak defences, it would probley get killed, so having a status inflicting item would just add to its worries. I see how it'll work though.

Also, I fogot to ask why use Explosion? My tactic with Forretress was to:
1. Use Rapid Spin if there are any Spikes atc.
2. Use Stealth Rock
3. Use Poision Spikes (twice if possible)
4. If Forretress is still alive, try to take out as much as possible with Earthquake.

Most Sweepers don't mind being hit with Poison. It even helps Milotic, Swellow and Heracross and others who have Guts. It prevents them from being paralyzed, so their speed stays the same. They'll kill more Pokemon before they die because of the Poison. And a Poison Pokemon can get rid of Toxic Spikes and A Rapid Spinner will get rid all of what you did in 3 turns in one turn, making you waste two of your turns.

Ok. I see why I shouldn't use Toxic Spikes. But even if I don't, theres better moves than Explosion. Especially since it has no coverage and KO's you. Wouldn't it be better to give him Rock Slide or somthing?

You use Explosion when you know you're close to dying and there's no way to get any HP back. It's a hit that can easily kill a sweeper, or even the Special Wall for your opponent. A Forterress Explosion can roughly do about 55-70% damage to Blissey.

Mainly, it's a last ditch move to take someone out with you.