• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New to spriting, three Trainer sprites

Hello, I'm new to the forums, and after looking around I decided to have a go at some sort of sprites.

I managed to create 3 trainer sprites for trainer cards.

Adult version of "May" from emerald:
admayvd5.png

Direct link: http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1695/admayvd5.png

Adult version of "Brendan" from Emerald:
adbrencardyy4.png

Direct link: http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7171/adbrencardyy4.png
(The trainer card is just chopped from Fire red, just as a "display" thing I thought would be cool to show off.)

ximasterxc5.png

Direct link: http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8674/ximasterxc5.png
This is a trainer sprite I made specifically for my self. Although you can probably tell who he was before the editing.

I read the rule on "recolors", and assumed a recolor is just a sprite in a new color with no other changes, these as you can see have obviously been edited a bit. So I'm guessing these are ok.

But let me know what you think, I suppose it's not really that special since they aren't from scratch, still I wanted to keep the Game's style this way.

Well, two of your sprites aren't showing up, and the one that is show, Adult May, seems to look slightly funny from this angle. Also, her face doesn't seem to be changed much except for increased in size. When making an adult sprite, it is much more helpful to use another sprite from the game to make her face look more mature. I recommend, if anything more direct, change her eyes a bit.

I also see two things that could be improved with her clothes. Her top seems to be coming out a bit too far, considering her angle, that is. And something seems wrong about her arm and hand that are covered by her leg...I just can't tell what it is just yet.

But other than those, the May sprite is pretty good over all.

Yeah, I actually never changed the head on May at all, the face was changed, and is from another character that was on a Similar angle, and the Body is from a team Aqua woman, she has huge red hair if I recall. I basically only recolored the body and added May's green belt to it.

I'm still learning with the face expressions. The other two sprite, I don't know why they don't show, they work on my screen but I'll post a link to them underneath the images anyway.

those are pretty good sprites may's face hasnt changed much but other wise its great

Thanks, yeah may was pretty hard and tedious to do, my pride and joy is more or less my trainer with the white Jacket, while not overly fancy or dramatic looking like Lance from the elite four, he is very cool and "modern" looking in my books haha.

I also like the Adult Brendan my self, even gave him some bits of hair at the back, to show it has grown, helps with the "aging" feeling I think.

I'm still new to all this sprite stuff, messed around yesterday and today ended up with these three.