• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New forums...New Nem Gen

Nemesis

Former Administrator
So yeah, I've had some of these ideas for a while, but only just gotten around to spriting them. Please remember that my main aim is to get the concept across so yes, some of them will resemble their base parts a little bit more than they should.

With the old forums down, the old Gen isn't relly available, but if anyone wants to see the first 100 let me know and I'll see what we can do!

Anyways, grass starters..

101Leafraffe.png

102Bloomraffe.png

103Treeraffe.png

Comments pleeease!

My word these are soooooo cute~

Budraffe is cutesy, with it just having the grass parts showing, and the meanings going with that. I love those roots too, they're small but make an impact on the sprite ♥

I really. Really really. Like Bloomraffe <3333 The leaves on the back look really nice, the choice of color make them look like they're being shined upon or something like such. I love the vine encircling it down to the legs, if you scratched it, it does look very well incorporated.

Treeraffe looks so funny with the treeneck, it makes me giggle! Although I know the texture of the tree part now, I still say it's very very nice~ the bush behind it fits on the Pokemon's back like a glove too.

Although I know you'll keep going cause you kind of are I'm still saying for you to keep on :>

I really do like these a lot. I particularly enjoy the grass starter, if for no other reason than that it is a giraffe with a sick tree design.

Your fire starter is also interesting. It's an interesting typing, to say the least. I very much like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I adore Budraffe line. You can never go wrong with a Grass starter, or a giraffe. Bloomraffe is my favorite of the line, though. I love the flowers on its head and the vines around the legs. Just a wicked design.

The Ploorm line is a very interesting type combination and I like it. The concept is also very cool, as is the overall design. I also like the name Blazbotle. -^^-

I really like the fire starters. The fire and smoke effects are amazing. I can tell that none of your pokemon are completely scratched but you've made effective use of your bases and the parts that you scratched yourself.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
I really love Tuskanon, I love the way you've done the ears and markings on its body they look like really good tattoos, its a really smart and well done sprite and I hope to see more. :)

From looks alone, I would choose Tuskanon. It looks so tough. In addition, if it was large enough, it could be transportation. I also love the subdued palate, as it lends a real sense to it.

For one who claims to struggle with water, I sure do think your water starter was the best. That's not to say they're not all good, because they are all good. Treeraffe looks kind of funky though.

Aqunk is so cute I love your water types they look awesome.

I dont like your grass starters for 1 reason only otherwise theyd be cool too its obvious you used Girafarig for your base which well just bugs me... oh well Ill deal ;D

I really like the water starter. Though Tuskanon looks like it has butterfly wings.

The idea of the bug/fire starter is really cool too.

Glad to see the Nem Gen back :D

I'd still totally pick the Tree Giraffe. Simply because it looks so cool. And I think it'd be fun to ride on. :3

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Reaper said:
Hey dude these look great but you can still tell you used the original pokemon sprites, thats not neccissaraly a bad thing but it would jsut look cooler if you fixed them.

Did you even read the first post?

I do like the Aqunk line Nem, it's a nice change from the obivously-water tied critters that are usually around. They other lines are quite cuite, but I find the Giraffe-tree a bit wierd.