• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Sprite Gallery

This is my sprite gallery. I joined PokeCharms specifically for a place to put them :)

Trainers:

Psychic girl ; Drama/Stage actor ; Coordinator girl ; Psychic Boy ; Knight
GirlTrainer.png
trainer-1.png
coordinatortrainer.png
psychicboy.png
Knight.png

Cosplays:
Norman/Ambipom (scratch arm..tail thing, scratch body costume, scratch ears & hairs on head)
cosplay.png

Chaos
Corsola
corsolachao.png

Fusions:

Geodude + Regice ; Mudkip, Bayleef, Chatot, and Sudowoodu ; Weedle, Aipom, and Farfetch'd ; Tentacruel, Mewtwo, Scyther ; Shiny ; Croconaw, Marshtomp, Haunter ; Dragon Pokemon (too many pokemon fused to be named..) ; Charizard and Oddish ; Meowth, Glameow, Slowking
icedude.png
Mudkipz.png
Weepomd.png
Tentamewther.png
TentamewtherShiny.png
Marternaw.png
dragon.png
Oddzard.png
purhawtee.png

Scratch:
Skarmory Evolution ; Togepi with removed shell xD ; Thug Worm -> Cagoon -> Armyfly ; Corsola Prevo, Coralee ; Seviper Prevo (unnamed) ; Guitar Rotom
Skarture.png
shellesstogepi.png
ThugWorm.png
Cagoon.png
finelevo.png
coralee.png
seviperprevo.png
guitarrotom.png

Please give as much C&C as possible

Hmmm let's see the trainer are ok but I really like the coordinator girl, the fusion are too much copy+paste, I know that you are a beginner but try to scratch the hardest parts of the fusion/sprite. Try first some thing easy like a devamp.

It is ok, but you are a beginner so practice!

Good luck =)

Uhh...thank you? XD
I actually got a B on the Celebi Evo :D
I just made this. It's an evolution of Skarmory. It's about 90% scratch, while the other 10% being outlines from Pidgeoto.
Skarture.png

Well Nick an evolution is different.
You see, your sprite is only a shiny repose of Skarmory.

Also: the claws look very weird (sorry)
and the beak is misplaced.

Skarmory is based of a Cassowary and of the Stymphalian birds from the greek mythology. You should make the evolution more like those birds and more steel, that is the point of making an evolution.

Good luck next time~

is it possible to request a trainer sprite? If so, I wish to have a psychic boy with the ball circling him diagonally. If you could, please and thank you! :)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Well Nick an evolution is different.
You see, your sprite is only a shiny repose of Skarmory.

Also: the claws look very weird (sorry)
and the beak is misplaced.

Disagreed. This version of the Skarmory has enough differences to be considered as either an evolution or at least alternate form. It's fatter, for one, with different talons and a different head shape. It actually shows a good transformation, as it isn't just a carbon copy of the original pokemon.

Disagreed. This version of the Skarmory has enough differences to be considered as either an evolution or at least alternate form. It's fatter, for one, with different talons and a different head shape. It actually shows a good transformation, as it isn't just a carbon copy of the original pokemon.

Well that is your opinion, this was my opinion.
If you don't mind, I am not in the mood of making an argument =)
AND an argument is very very pointless.

(sorry if this message was too short)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Well that is your opinion, this was my opinion.
If you don't mind, I am not in the mood of making an argument =)
AND an argument is very very pointless.

(sorry if this message was too short)

It's more because you were making an unfair criticism on someone who's clearly put effort into their work. But yeah, no point in starting an argument. Let's leave it here.

Uh hi I haven't been on to update this in a long time xD
So now I am going to update it because I see people actually talk on this thread.
And Zackrinian, sure if you give me more details than that :p

Quite an array of different type of sprites. I decided I could offer up a little critique to them, hopefully I'm not out of line assuming you perhaps would like some.

She is quite cute, Everything works pretty nicely together. The pink around her neck though has some shading off by the looks of it, the light source apears to be more to the left, or atleast that is what the hair implies. On her right shoulder, there are some gray borders, which don't match the usual purple the rest of the sking has. For palette sake, the blue around the skirt isn't quite right. Use a green or purple might be better, but that's just a nitpicky comment and shouldn't matter unless you did have some form of palette limitation.

This fusion is interesting. I don't quite get what it's suppose to be though. One issue I have are the wings. I'm a tad questionative of their purpose. They almost look like they are meant as ears rather than flight. The nose balce could be attached a tad better I think, doesn't seemed centered on the face. The wings also are shaded wrong, try to avoid just copy/flipping them, and if you do, alter the shape and shading to make it look right. They tend to be on awkward angles if you don't.

These guys are interesting. I like the idea with the first two. The shading is fairly good on the bodey. The left arm on the first one though has some off shading. The arms in general are awkwardly shaped too. I like the idea behind the ejecting stinger.

The second guy is a bit odd. In some ways, it doesn't have enough difference from the first one, but at the same time the changes that are made don't seem to match. I don't quite get the splotches on the body. The Trident tail is oddly long, and it is mishaped. Also if you care about limitations of sprites, this one excedes palette limitations. I'm to assume though those aren't too important to you. I know the only reason I care for them on my own sprites is because I want to keep them compatible for the sake of a ROM hack or something to that extent.

The last guy is... well odd. I don't qet the whole gun thing. As a Pokemon that is just really out there, and even in general a Moth/butterfly with guns is just strange. The shading on the wings is nice, but the light source is direct, generally light sources come from a top left area. The border around the wings, mainly at the tips, is weird, try smoothing or formthing thhose a bit better. The guns could use some touchups also.

As an overall comment on them, sprites, specifically Pokemon ones. Face towards the left almost always, but yours seem to face towards the viewer, which is usually frowned upon, just letting you know.

So that's my critique. I hope its not too long or too short for your standards. I know I went over a lot of nitpicky things, but I had a tough time really finding anything you did wrong. Sorry if I wasn't able to help too much at all, but I hope I in some way did, even if only a little. Hope to see that you keep on spriting and getting better =D

Oh no it's fine. I love every C&C i can get to help me become better
(And thank god you posted..I was waiting for someone to post so I could update :p )
Heres the psychic guy as requested:
psychicboy.png

Corsola Chao:
corsolachao.png

Prevo of Corsola, Coralee:
coralee.png

Heavily fused dragon:
dragon.png

Oh no it's fine. I love every C&C i can get to help me become better
(And thank god you posted..I was waiting for someone to post so I could update :p )
In the art forums, I'm fairly sure you can double post if its an update to your own art thread. Might wanna double check that, but I'm fairly sure its ok.

Very interesting combinations. I like all of the pokemon fusion. I have a question though why is that guys hair changing colors? Also for the tentacruel fusion I think you used mew two instead of mew because of the arms and the big tail I like how you fused it with scyther though.

New sprites yay
Charizard and Oddish--A-/2nd place on neoseeker
Oddzard.png

Seviper Prevo
seviperprevo.png
previper.png

Guitar Rotom
guitarrotom.png

Glameow, Meowth, and Slowking (Royal House Cat :p)
purhawtee.png

The Guitar Rotom is very interesting. I love how you integrated Rotom's 'arms' into it. What special attack would it have?

I'm really liking that dragon fusion. Very nice job on the mixing there and I especially love the choice in color.

That Rotom also looks pretty cool. I feel like it would probably know Hyper Voice or maybe Uproar, though Uproar doesn't seem powerful enough for a special move.