1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS My Pearl team...

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Orangen, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I wanna mess around in Battle Tower but I suddenly realized... I have a bunch of shared weaknesses. :o Here's what I've got:

Empoleon
    Timid Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Flash Cannon
    ~Toxic

Vespiquen
    Bashful Nature
    ~Heal Order
    ~Defend Order
    ~Attack Order
    ~Toxic

Lucario
    Timid Nature
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Psychic
    ~Dragon Pulse
    ~Aura Sphere

Torterra
    Serious Nature
    ~Synthesis
    ~Curse
    ~Wood Hammer
    ~Earthquake

Infernape
    Impish Nature
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Brick Break
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Earthquake

Gallade
    Jolly Nature
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Psycho Cut
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Not sure for slot 4

Yeah... I've got issues with Ground, Fighting, and Flying. :( I was thinking about sticking Jolteon in over Vespiquen until I realized that would make the Ground weakness worse. I know I want to keep the three starters and Lucario but I'm sure what to do with the other two (especially Gallade).

2. Carmen Lopez

Friend Code:
    3480-3306-6134
    I'll put in my two cents with Gallade. Night Slash or Leaf Blade are two suggestions. Since you don't have any Dark Pokemon, Night Slash could come in handy and cover Gallade's ghost weakness. Leaf Blade is a good attack and helps with ground types.

But you have three fighting types. You said you wanted to keep Infernape and Lucario so maybe think about substituting Gardevoir for Gallade. Gardevoir can learn a variety of different attacks to cover many different types like Gallade can.

I do like the movesets you have on your Pokemon though.

3. Hm... Leaf Blading Gallade sounds rather nice, I might go with that. What if I put Gardevoir over Vespiquen and changed Gallade's X-Scissor for Night Slash? Then I'd probably do something like this:

Gallade
    Jolly Nature
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~Psycho Cut
    ~Night Slash

Gardevoir
    Modest Nature (maybe Timid?)
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psychic
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Thunderbolt