• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
All- Might had caught Manuel off guard when he blasted through the door, which almost made him fall off his seat. He wasn't quite used to his entrances yet. "Mental note: Grab tightly to your desk when the bell is about to ring." Manuel thought to himself. However, he was still All- Might's fan, but not at a level where he would jump happily when he saw him. He would just smile a bit.

Clara's head turned to Zach when he came into the classroom, something was odd about him. Before Clara could go speak to Zach All Might came into the room, the burst of wind nearly sent Clara flying off her seat. Clara slid back into her seat "you know i might have actually enjoyed myself here..." Clara thought to herself "if it weren't for him" Clara was never the biggest fan of All Might, in fact she could go as far as to say she hated him, then again she could say that about a lot of people she knew.

Zach released his hands from the metal desk, which had replaced his wooden one when All-Might arrived on the first day. The sides of the table were clearly marked with his handprints. He looked down, noting a few loose screws, one of which in two pieces. He tried to lean back and relax in his seat, but the neon yellow tint was still visible in his eyes alone.

“Today, class, I want to give you all a pop quiz!” All-Might paused, waiting for the moans, then continued. He reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a softball with a scanner wrapped around this. “You may remember how this became an essential part of our course after that young hero, Uraraka, threw the ball for infinity.” He grinned widely. “You all get a single throw. You have the chance to get a redo, but only if I can tell you messed up accidentally. Throw this ball as far as possible using your quirks, and I’ll grade you all on how you did. I should mention, however,” he continued, face growing a slightly miscievous grin, “That I will be ranking the class for the first time this year based on this test. This can greatly effect you in several respects..” He cracked his knuckles. “Just to reassure you all, I will be throwing the ball, as well! Now, let’s get out there and do our best!” He opened the door, ushering all of the students into the hallway in a single-file line.

Camille's eyes widened. Fuck, she thought. Her power didn't give her any physical buffs! "Uhm," she said, "How do I use my quirk for this?" She was most certainly going to fail this test.

Trevor smirked slightly, and began recalling memories of a childhood visit to the zoo. He planned on becoming a large ape, but needed to make sure he had the memory right. He'd seen it, so he knew what it looked like, but it would probably take a while to get right.

Zach skulked out the door, anxiety growing with every step. At least I have a slight advantage, he thought to himself. His eyes grew to a level of neon ylelow that one would expect from a dim lightbulb.

“Throwing a ball? What fun!” Monsuta poked around in her bag, and eventually peeks into the empty void. Looking around, she finally finds what she needs to throw a ball really far. She would need explosions. It would probably leave this ball flying, albeit it being charred.

Upon getting no reply, Camille sighed and headed out. She looked around. If I have to use my quirk, then I guess I'm going to have to control someone... she thought. Of course, everyone's quirk would be useful in its own sense, but there was also people's personalities to consider. Like the fact that, yes, Zach would be very useful -- his adrenaline would probably be running rampant, in fact -- but Camille knew that he'd likely be traumatized by the experience. Then she ran it over in her mind. It was only throwing a ball...but consent was the thing. Camille hustled to catch up with Zach. "Heyy," she said, "since my quirk's not, well, ideal for this test, I was wondering if I could..." she didn't want to say 'control you,' that just sounded creepy. Instead, she caused his finger to twitch a little to get her point across.

Norou paid no attention when All Might burst through the door with his mighty voice, though he did pay attention when the teacher mentioned a pop quiz. He got in line with all of the others with a grin, excited to show the class what he could do.

Halt stepped outside and got into the line. He looked at the ball. My quirk doesn't work like that. It increase my agility in Battle. "Mr. All-Might? Is there anything up with that ball?" He asked, thinking this test must have some kind of trick to it.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel got into the line as well, and started thinking about a way to use his quirk in the test. "Maybe I could get some electricity from a nearby electronic device, spin around really fast, use the electricity to get extra speed, and throw the ball with the right timing. Guess it's my only option, huh?" He thought to himself, as he followed the others.

Zach’s glow doubled in intensity when his finger moved under Camille’s control. His whole body tensed, and he shook slightly from all of the energy. “W...Why me..?” He asked.

Camille put her hands up. "Well, I know I just talked to you today, but I feel like ninety percent of other people would probably punch me in the face or some reason." She took a deep breath. "I can see why you're freaked out, and you don't have to do it."

Zach looked at his hands. His beins glowed as brightly now as when his parents had passed away. He took a deep sigh. “I...I...” he swallowed hard. “I can try.” His face went slightly red, and he quickly shuffled away.

Clara looked at All Might when he told everyone about his test. "I thought he was meant to be a teacher... What we're doing is a test not a quiz." Clara thought to herself before walking outside, when she got outside she noticed Camille and Zach talking to each other, she could tell something was weird but couldn't be bothered to check it out, Clara then raised her hand "Hey All Might!" Clara yelled "how is it fair that our rankings are based on our physical abilities?" Clara asked

All-Might looked back briefly as he walked forward. “Of course not! This is a test of several abilities compiled into one, though; quirk proficiency, physical capability, and problem solving skills!” He called back. Zach grabbed his arm, his fingernails digging into it so hard that they drew a little bit of blood.

Last edited:
Aika sighed and got ready to use an energy burst to launch the ball flying into the air when it was her turn, "I guess I won't be last at least." She muttered as she noticed most of her classmates didn't have quirks that increased their physical ability and, flinching every-time All Might yelled a tip or instruction to the class.

The class finally arriving at the baseball fields, All-Might grinned as he jumped behind the bleachers, coming back with a bag full of the scanner baseballs and holding an odd contraption that looked like an unusually bulky calculator with no buttons. He held up the ball he had used for an example, wound up, and threw it at his full power. It went so high and so fast that it might as well have gone invisible. After a few seconds, there was an audible thunk and a cloud of dirt rose into the air. The calculator-esque device beeped, then said audibly in a hig-pitched female voice, “3580.37 meters!”

Norou grinned as he heard All Might's distance. Awesome. Such incredible strength. Electricity crackled around him as he got excited, ready for his turn to hopefully impress All Might.

“We will be going one at a time. I have made a class list, which is what we’ll be going down for this test. First up...”
Zach held his breath and his body tensed.
“...is Camille!”
Zach’s body tensed even further.

Camille took a deep breath and looked over to Zach. "You sure you're okay with this?" she asked, knowing full well that he wasn't. She felt that asking helped to show that she cared, and a part of her hoped that he would say no, that he wasn't ready and she was crazy to think that he'd go through with something like this.

Zach nodded. His face gained a sort of stony expression, but his anxiety quite literally shined through. All-Might looked like he was beginning to understand Camille’s plan. Zach looked Camille directly in the eyes. “Do it and get it over with.” His right arm slightly twitched.

Camille took another deep breath and nodded. Her quirk took hold, and Zach picked up the ball and walked onto the mound. Camille could feel his heart racing and made him launch the ball. She stopped using her quirk and caught her breath quickly, then gave a nervous smile. She was trembling a little, not too visibly, both from her quirk usage and from the fact that she knew Zach was also freaking out and she had caused it.

The moment Camille threw the ball through Zach’s body, he felt her hold falter slightly. He knew his quirk wouldn’t go into the pitch for Camille, for some odd reason.
“490 meters!” The machine chirped.
Zach’s eyes widened when he got his abilities back, and his body burst into a neon glow.
All-Might simply smiled, followed by, “Next up: Norou!”

Norou smiled confidently as he made his way to the front. He took the ball from All Might and tossed it into the air a couple times. Suddenly, his gaze flashed seriously as he viewed the field. Blue electricity crackled brightly around him, even dancing in his eyes. His hand was now surrounded by chains of lightning as his Quirk activated. Denki Noroi. He began to spin furiously to gain momentum as he began to form a whirlwind of dust from the ground as icy blue electricity danced around him. Deciding that he had enough momentum, Norou let go at exactly the right time as the ball soared through the air and the whirling subsided, leaving only Norou surrounded by dust and blue smoke.

Erin waded through the small group of students to the front, taking note of the body change that had just occurred. He stood there in deep thought as 'Zach' approached the field.
"So she's borrowing his quirk huh? This....might not work as she expected." He thought to himself before looking back up in time to see the newly possessed Zach launch the ball through the air at a high speed, his eyebrow raising as he stared at the boy rather than the ball.
"Right there." He mumbled, taking note of the flaw in her throw.
"Even with great power, she's never used his quirk before, she couldnt use his abilities to the fullest." He concluded, smiling as the score was listed. 490 meters was far, but he felt ready for his shot, even more pumped up for his turn as the second ball was thrown by Norou.

"876.04 meters!" the machine chirped. All-Might grinned broadly, patting Morou on the back before reading the listed names again. "Next up: Erin!" he bellowed, gesturing to the boy.

Erin's face straightened as his name was called, he nodded to Norou as he passed by him.
"So he used the momentum from his intense rotation to launch the ball huh? Norou, thanks for the idea." He though, an plan forming in his head.
"This'll be the first time any of them see me really use my abilities...better give em' a good show." He thought to himself as his nails and teeth extended, his skin also taking a on slightly reddish hue. He quickly wound up his arm before launching the ball high in the air directly above him, rather than at an arch as he was supposed to.
"Wait for it.....wait for iiit...." He mumbled to himself staring at the sky. After a brief moment the ball became a visible spec in the sky again.
"Now!" Erin yelled as he dropped onto all fours in a somewhat primal nature before launching off the ground into the air, a small circle of dust being left behind. Erin began rotating as he closed the gap between himself and the ball, building momentum.
"HYA!" He roared, sweeping his foot out in a roundhouse kick-esk manner. As he made contact with said ball, it rocketed through the air away from him, slowly growing smaller in the distance.
"That should do it." He concluded while landing, the ground cracking ever so slightly under his feet as he awaited the score.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel payed close attention to the others who were throwing the ball, and was slightly surprised when he noticed that Norou had used the exact same strategy than him. He wasn't mad or anything, but he was surprised that they thought about the same thing. "Based on his result, mine would be around the same number. I need to step up my game if I want to get better." He thought to himself. He was also amazed at Erin's dragon-like transformation. "Soon it'll be my turn. I need to hurry up and find a way to improve my result!" He thought to himself.

The machine beeped again. “790.56 meters!”
All-Might nodded. “Not a bad use of your powers, Erin. I’m glad you payed attention to my quirk lecture on the first day of school.” He turned to the other students. “Class, don’t forget that you don’t have to simply throw the ball. These things are made from practically indestructible materials, so don’t worry about damaging them.” He made a few notes on a previously unseen clipboard.
“Next up, Zach!”
Zach swallowed hard, body already increaing the neon yellow exponentially. He felt all eyes on him. His hand shook slightly as he grabbed a ball from All-Might, who seemed to be paying slightly closer attention to him than to anyone else. Zach did several quick calculations in succession for the optimal pitch, only to second-guess himself and get more anxious. He shook his hbhead, which only brought about more fog and confusion, and in turn, anxiety. The whole time he thought about it, his body gradually glowed brihter and brighter yellow, until he closed his eyes and clenched the ball. He wound up his throw, and then threw it straight up. It went really far up, and Zach jumped up to meet it; at least 25 meters off the ground. He threw a punch at it so hard that a small shockwave rippled into the small crowd of students, and the ball was launched in the exact arc that Zach had wanted. He landed awkwardly on one leg and two hands, but he didn’t feel hurt. His glow died down slightly, and he walked to All-Might: all the while trying to calm himself down enough to stand up straight.
The beep took a solid 45 seconds to go off.
“1,096 meters!” It chirped.
All-Might gripped the machine a bit too tight and cracked the plastic casing.
Zach didn’t even have a chance to grin before blacking out.

Last edited:
Camille's eyes widened. She went to go over to Zach, but was stopped mid-step by someone grabbing the neck of her uniform. She turned around and saw Trevor. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she demanded, causing him to let go of her. He fixed her with a stony look.

"Let him be. It's not like you'd expect him to help you out if you passed out during a test," he said.

Camille slapped him across the face and proceeded to turn around and run over to Zach.

All-Might put out a hand to stop Camille. “Let him wake up on his own. If you insist on helping him, then carry him no further than to the bleachers.” He looked down. “I need to talk with him when this is all said and done,” All-Might thought to himself.

Camille nodded and picked up her friend. Not like I could've done anything to wake him up anyways, I was just worried, she thought as she carried him over to the bleachers. She was just worried, as a thought of what could actually happen if too much adrenaline was pumped through the body had occurred to her.

All-Might took a breath. “No way Midoriya passed on the quirk, so how..?” He shook his head and went to his clipboard.
“Next up is Manuel.”

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Just in time." Manuel thought to himself, and made his way over to All-Might, grabbed a ball, and got ready to throw the ball. "No matter if it hurts... I must do it!" He thought, and then started concentrating. From not too far away, electricity started floating around, then launching itself at Manuel, forming an electrical aura around him. He then started to spin around and jumping in place, using the electricity to gain extra speed. Around him, an electrical tornado formed.
After around a minute of gaining momentum and jumping in place, he did one big jump, around 5 meters in the air, and threw the ball with the right timing, which was engulfed in electricity. Almost immediately after, using his own strength to generate electricity, he threw a second ball made of electricity, which homed onto the regular ball and caused an explosion, which propelled it further. Manuel then plummeted down to the ground, and started feeling lots of pain. He also noticed that he couldn't move his body, because of using his own strength to generate electricity.

Last edited:
"619 meters!" beeped the device.
All-Might nodded several times. "Looks like I need to teach you guys about overdoing things," muttered All-Might while throwing Manuel over his shoulder and placing him next to Zach.
"Next up: Trevor!"

Last edited:
Erin nodded to All-Might, a serious look of understanding on his face. This man was his teacher after all, not the superhero seen on TV, just All-Might the teacher. Erin had taken notice of the mans almost comical nature when he thinks the students arent paying attention. But Erin found it rather endearing to see the man isn't cocky about being such a legendary character, he respected him.
"Hm, looks like I wasnt able to top the board this time, but im nowhere near my max potential, Dad told me so." He thought to himself, thinking back on the days of training with his father who, sharing the same quirk as his son, had far more power and experience. Erin never stood a chance.
"You've got fire in ya kid! Ya just gotta let it out!" His fathers words echo'd in his head. He didnt even take note of the electrical twister that had formed as his thoughts overshadowed his surroundings. As he snapped back into reality he came to realize his want for improvement.
"Ill get there Dad, ill defeat you and aim for number 1." He promise himself, looking back to the field just in time to see the score.
"As of now, everyone is rival." He concluded, glancing over to Zach as he did.

Aika closed her eyes and concentrated on building up enough energy to launch her ball, despite having control over her quirk she really only created small energy balls. If she wanted to go for the top, she had to use the most of her abilities. 'Everyone that has gone so far has been nervous, after all it's their first time using their quirks in front of the number one hero. You will not be afraid when it's your turn, and you will be able to hit the ball further." She thought to herself, her fists clenching as she remembered why she was training to be a hero.

Camille watched anxiously as Trevor grabbed the ball and walked up to the mound. Despite his confident face, Camille's powers revealed that there was a hint of uncertainty buried under his exterior. She knew that he could lose control.

Trevor closed his eyes and concentrated. His body began to change shape, becoming more muscular and darker in color, and hair began to sprout from his limbs. When all was said and done, Trevor could feel that he was already slowly losing control of the gorilla form. It's now or never, he told himself, and hurtled the ball.

Then he lost all control.

Trevor pounded his large fists on his chest and spun around, already starting towards a group of students when Camille stood up. Her eyes flashed and she stopped Trevor in his tracks, then realized that this might be her chance to bring her score up. Trevor's will, or rather the will of his quirk, was fighting her influence, and it was already sapping her energy. All-Might said we have two chances, so it won't hurt to take mine, she told herself and, through Trevor's gorilla body, picked up another ball and pitched it across the field. Her strength was ebbing fast, and she barely had time to flash a small smile before falling backwards, unconscious. At the same time, Trevor crumbled like a house of cards, out cold as well.

The machine beeped twice. “512 meters!” It beeped, followed directly by, “579 meters!”
All-Might scratched the back of his head nervously. “That replacement teacher’s going to be coming in at the worst possible time...” he muttered to himself. He shook his head.
“Next up is Halt.”