• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Murder in the Circus?!? ((FINISHED))

(Ahhh thanks :D)

Salazar chuckled as he remembered her Pokemon. Damn, were they scary. He just softly cried with an "oh god" as he lightly facepalmed himself. When Tyler tried to confess to Salazar about something, he raised an eyebrow, trying not to laugh at the rainbow scarf. He kept his smirk at a minimum as he asked "Uh.... Cheatin'? What kind of cheatin'?"

He really was stumped. Like, what else could he mean? Was he not being loyal to an apparent girlfriend Salazar never knew he had, or was he not being loyal to the circus family? It couldn't be the latter, right? Of course not. It couldn't be. The guy was so nice and fun to hang out with. If it was the latter, then it must've been for a good reason, right? Well, he had to remember that this guy was a dangerous stunt devil, who would risk his life every day. Common sense probably wasn't his thing. His decision to cheat this "something" could've been something pretty bad, and with a reason not worth risking in the first place.

Regardless of his decision to do it or not, he laid back all chill-like, while also looking about to see if anybody was listening. He returned his attention to Tyler and sincerely asked with concern in his voice: "Well, nobody is hearing you, but me. What's wrong?"

Even though Salazar is a complete goofball and can be an idiot when around the right (questionably) people, he can be extremely sincere and nice. The only person he had never tried to show this side to him was Stan, but that was because the brute probably felt like they were best friends already.

Tyler squirmed under his gaze. "Ah... ha. Well, you see, I... maaaaaybe wanted some more time to fix cars 'n' stuff, so... uh. I, may, or may not, but mostly may, uh, haveazoroarkinacardboardboxundermybed?" He grinned, awkwardly, and took a deep breath, trying to stay chill about the whole thing. "Like, uh... a stunt double! Only he does the really boring ones. I do all the fun stuff. And, an' I put a lock on the box, so it's all good. He's not gonna break out or anythin' an' eat me, don't worry."

Yes, you heard him. A lock on a cardboard box. The level of stupidity here was... well, pretty average Tyler levels. Certainly explained why some of his tricks had looked so impossible for a human - they were, but not for a Pokemon. "So, if y'see me going to do cool stunts 'n' shit an' I don't have the lump, don't worry. I-it's just my stunt guy. But... since I'm gettin' paid and he isn't, it's sorta like cheatin', soooo maybe don't tell Ben? Please?"

Salazar didn't know what to say. A Zoroark... In a cardboard box... Locked? What even-.... Salazar doesn't think he has a brain anymore as he just realized the stupidity of the situation. He couldn't help but laugh his ass off and doubled over, as he tried to speak through his laughter: "No worries, mate... I won't tell... But that's absolutely hilarious!! Good on ya!"

After his laughter faded a good minute later, he wiped his joyous tears away and said in between fits of giggles: "You sure that creature isn't going to escape? I mean, a cardboard box isn't a a good match against a Pokemon, much less one able to cut it to shreds. Just be careful that it doesn't escape tonight, or make an illusion turn into your nightmare."

Meanwhile, his snakes had heard something else nearby. While they were watching away, coiled upon and tangled in one another, they heard something in one of the caravans. They slithered closer to hear what was going on. They could hear something like a small child reading stories to a slurring man. That man was none other than Ben. And that woman, was none other than Alex, the babyish clown lady. She's the youngest in the group, and had taken to liking Chad. They don't know what he did to her, maybe it was just his presence, but ever since she joined, she's been making these strange soppy and romantic stories that only a little girl with hopes and dreams can like and not think its cringy. These strange stories would range from her original characters, which were basically self-inserts, would crush on Chad and hope they notice him, only for him to actually notice them, and take them to all these romantic dates and such. They don't know how Ben was even liking this... He was probably too drunk to care.

Last edited:
(Alex and Ben are in Alex's caravan at present, haha.)

Tyler laughed in utter relief, and sauntered towards the tent once more. He was glad Salazar seemed to be okay with his 'owning' a Pokemon and using it to cheat the system. To be honest, he seemed to be more okay with it than Tyler was himself, what with his fear of 'mons and all. The Zoroark appealed to him with its human illusion, but deep down he knew it wasn't really a human teammate or anything. "Naw, it knows not to come out unless the lock's open. It's like, really visual 'n' stuff."

He elbowed Salazar lightly, figuring he knew what the answer to his next question would be. The snake guy was as curious as they came, after all. "Sooo... wanna see? C'mon."
---
Indeed, in some story somewhere, Chad was graphically snogging a four-winged bat-angel, with blue and red eyes "like police sirens". The snakes really, really did not need to hear about it. But they did.

...Was this what Alex did whenever she was crying in her cabin, a twice-daily affair? They could really, really have done with not knowing that. But alas, in this genre all secrets must be unearthed in the name of justice...

(edited ^~^)

Salazar elbowed him back playfully as he got carried away into the fun of it all. He might as well, to relieve of him of his own personal case right at the moment. He only said "Show me" with an ecstatic smile. He had never seen a Zoroark before; only in legends and folktales. He even saw a woman with weird hair color roaming the area with one. Hopefully it wasn't hers, but he guessed it wasn't. He then replied tot he first statement Tyler had made about it: "Well, that's good, I guess. But if it were smart, it'd pop out by now. At least dark and enclosed spaces really do calm a Pokemon down to make them docile. Maybe we can let the creature out every once in awhile and let it roam before it has to be cooped up again. I mean, if I were in that situation, I wouldn't want to be down there that often. Especially when there's someone using the bed every night, and I mean using the bed."

Salazar hinted at something pretty wrong, but he couldn't help it. Just as how his snakes couldn't help but listen on to the horrible and grossly cringey story. Arceus, was it terrible. The snakes just rolled their eyes, unsure of how worse it could actually get. But yes, it got even worse. Somehow, she doesn't have the mind of a 10-year-old like they thought she did. Oh well.

Last edited:
"Don't tell me y'can hear my snoring or somethin' from all the way over there-!" Tyler figured he was just joking around, though, so he didn't flip out. Ducking into his room, which was pretty bare besides a small plastic table for his sewing machine, he pulled the box from under his bed, and a key from his pocket. Put it in the lock, and...

"...huh?"

There was some sort of gold stuff all over his key, where he'd stuck it in the lock. Weird. Not that he had much time to react to it, because then a very very happy Zoroark launched itself out of the box, licking at his face. Curiously for a Zoroark (or any Pokemon for that matter), this one was dead silent, and its mane appeared to have bits of paper sticking out of it. It also had metal cuffs around its arms and legs, some of which still had bits of chain attached; wherever this Zoroark had come from, it likely hadn't been treated too well.

"Stop! Stooooop!" Tyler yelled, making choking noises and just generally pretending the werewolf-like Pokemon was killing him. The Zoroark immediately pulled back and let him get to his feet, tongue hanging comically out of its mouth. It still didn't say anything, though.

Last edited:
Salazar just chuckled as he had to duck into his room, too. He saw the strange gold on the key, and before he could even say anything, the Zoroark escaped, but.... Didn't do what Salazar thought. The creature was extremely docile and loved company, but the state of this Pokemon... Oh, the state of this poor Pokemon. He gasped as the gravity of what he was just seeing settled in. His dread turned into a smirk as Tyler was faking his death as the Zoroark was apparently "attacking" him with affection.

"Where did you get her? She seems so... Hurt. No wonder why she's docile. She had been abused before you found her. But... Normally a Pokemon would say something... Did they... Did they rip out her vocal cords? Oh, this poor Pokemon."

He knelt down and pet the poor creature on the shoulders, feeling the matted furs tangle around his hands. This Pokemon needed to get cleaned up, and bad. His mind being two places at once, he asked: "Why was there gold on that key? It seemed to not affect the lock at all, but... That's weird... Can a Pokemon excrete gold stuff....... Wait... May I see it?"

Tyler hummed. "Well, like... D'ya remember how last year, the ute broke down on the way up here? Well, while I was parked in the rain, she dragged herself out of this ditch and got in the tray with all those old cardboard boxes we had. I found her hiding in one when we got here. And nah, she's never said a word t'me... She doesn't really get words, either. It's all visual, I reckon. But she's real smart with the visuals, aren't you?" The Zoroark nuzzled against Salazar's hand, happy as ever. She didn't seem to mind being in such a state.

"Gold-? Oh, you mean this stuff." Tyler squinted at the key, before handing it over. "Looks like paint t'me. Have you been getting into my spraycans again?" he asked the Zoroark, messing up her fur on purpose. She snapped at him playfully.

Salazar would have never believed that Tyler was actually getting used to a Pokemon. Let alone one that could potentially be very dangerous. He just chuckled at the adorable attention, but soon got his mind to more important things. He asked "Do you have anything to break off the metal cuffs? Pretty sure this creature would appreciate it more than anything right about now. They seem to be digging into her skin.

He took the key and smelled the 'gold' that was coating it. Maybe he could identify it? Although, he scoffed at the mention of spraycans. He then asked "When would a Pokemon know that spraycans can get you high, and why would they ever do such a thing? Okay, maybe Pokemon like Grimers and Muks, but those are different."

Tyler shook his head. "I've tried, but she's kinda desperate about keeping 'em on, and 'cos she's secret an' all I can't get her tranquillised so I can just get 'em off while she sleeps. I mean, watch this."

Taking a piece of paper from her mane, he drew on the blank side of it a picture that was quite clearly of the cuffs, with a big X next to it. As soon as he showed it to the Zoroark, she started stomping and huffing and baring her teeth, which did not let up until Tyler put the paper on his sewing table, image-side down. To placate her as best he could, he pulled from his pocket another picture; her box, which made the Zoroark go in there and settle back down.

"Like I said, she's totally visual. I could tell her to get in the box loads of times, an' she wouldn't get i- hey!"

The Zoroark suddenly shot out of her box, grabbed the paper Tyler had, and proceeded to hoard it away in her mane. Before he could even tell her off, she was all cosied up back in the box, and the teen sighed. "Ah, she loves it when you draw stuff for her... but I'm probably gonna run outta paper at this rate, haha."

The stuff on the key didn't smell like fresh paint; rather, it seemed dry and powdery. Paint that had been dry for a long time, probably. And hey, hadn't Salazar found something else that was gold...?

Last edited:
The dagger.... Maybe it had the same metal. Or maybe they were connected somehow. Maybe... Maybe this Zoroark was from the same person who had the dagger. But if the paint smelled like really dry and old paint, why did Tyler almost just react to the appearance of the gold....

He asked: "Where did you get the key? And did it have gold on it before? It actually does smell like spraypaint. Well, really old paint, like it's been stuck on for years."

Although, it was extremely interesting how the Zoroark would care to keep the cuffs. Why? Wouldn't it be uncomfortable? Probably not. The wrists would've been numbed by then. What was even stranger that the Zoroark had adept understanding of visual cues. Interesting. Then he thought of something. Maybe if someone had found out Zoroark was living here and its visual cues, they would've drawn the note, and then.... Tyler? Did he want to kill Chad? No, it can't be. Somebody else must have exploited the Zoroark's illusion powers to kill Chad. Or to at least spook the horses. But that didn't explain why the cuts were there on the chariot. He peeked at the chains drawing he made to get a good look at his drawing skills. I mean, if he was making outfits, he'd have to have good drawing skills, yes?

Tyler blinked, unsure why Salazar was so interested in the paint. "Nah, that stuff wasn't on there before. It's supposed to be silver... It was only after I stuck it in the lock that it came out with bits of gold all over." He offered Salazar the lock to examine as well, not that he could see much wrong with it. Seemed to be enough for his Zoroark, and that was all that mattered, even if it was a bit rusted in places.

...Speaking of his Zoroark, the moment the lock came off she was preparing to jump out at him all over again. Tyler stared her down, knowing full well that the moment he got distracted or looked away would be his undoing. (And utter 'annihilation', of course.)

Which meant he didn't notice Salazar having a look at his drawing. Tyler's drawing skills were more technical than artistic, therefore the rather poor taste of most of his outfits. However, he could certainly draw realistic looking things, and quite well at that. The drawing of the cuffs looked far better than it had any right to be, given he'd only spent five or so minutes on it. It didn't exactly look like those very simplified lines and squiggles Salazar had traced under the candlelight.

Sighing mentally in relief that Tyler had nothing to do with the murder, he decided that maybe he could trust him in the murder case he was dealing with. Maybe he could help somewhat. He looked over the lock quite thoroughly. Of course, he needed a light to see into the keyhole, but had to settle with the desk lamp (one that really infuriated his eyes, mind you). He peeked over behind his back to see if anything was spying on them before he started to speak. He went back to the lock and spied through the key hole as he solemnly spoke:

"Well... I need you to keep a secret. Although, I did tell Kit. Probably not a half bad idea, but still a bad one. I didn't want her to kill Sky over it though. Not yet, of course. You see.... Chad.... It wasn't an accident. What it was... Well, it was murder... The beam supporting the reigns? That was already sawed partially through. It snapped as soon Chad landed on the chariot. There were also scratch marks in the chariot in symmetrical marks. They were really small, and hard to see against the fire-proof coating. And... Ben was sent a death threat with this drawing and a golden knife with diamonds and.... More.. Kit said it was hers, but she lost it as soon as she had it because Sky stole it. The knife is with Kit now, since it was hers in the beginning. Might as well give it back. Her knife had stabbed through the drawer so far, it went to the hilt. Whoever it was, somebody hated Ben to put so much force and rage into that hit. I don't know who it could be. I asked Ben about it, and he said he had done something illegal to get this place up and running, and that he should've cancelled the show today because he recently got this death threat. Whatever that illegal action that Ben had done long ago, I want to keep the cops away as long as possible. Especially if whoever killed Chad ends up being a fellow circus member. Now... It's going to be quite a lot, but I don't have anybody I can trust in right now. Ben is with Alex drinking his sorrows away, and I can't exactly trust Kit all that well. I trust you more than anybody else here. Now... I don't know what to make of all of this, and I know damn well that all of this information might give you a headache. But we need to figure out what's going on or else we could be next."

After that little spiel was over, he had given Tyler the 'death threat' he traced out. He went on to explain: "The death threat was actually an impression I had to trace out. It kind of looked like a football, but I think the lines were the ones found in the chariot. And the squiggly mark could be the saw mark. Now, who draws terribly like that is my first question."

Tyler blinked, struggling to process just the first part of all this - let alone the rest. His Zoroark took the opportunity to try and tackle-hug him, presumably not understanding the situation, but the acrobat was strong enough to force it away almost absent-mindedly, his expression blank. "Eh-? Chad...? He's... and y'think... shit, dude. Damn. Uh."

Dead? Murdered, even? He... he hadn't even thought that was what might have happened. He'd just figured it was all some accident, and Chad had just wandered off somewhere. Or worst case scenario, he was on his way to the hospital. It wasn't like Tyler had gotten to see any corpse under the chariot, or even the accident; he'd just changed into his costume, run into the ring and started yelling stuff at the crowd. Then he'd had to go and wrangle Brutus, and by the time all that was done... well, here they were.

He couldn't say he exactly felt all that sad at the death of his rival (though he was definitely stunned, and just a little annoyed he hadn't gotten to beat Chad before he shuffled off the mortal coil), but... Well, if Salazar reckoned they could be next, he was probably right. He was the smarter of the two of them, after all. "Who draws badly-?" He pointed to the perfectly straight lines, then traced a finger over the oval. "Whoever did this, it's all real mathematical. They probably used a ruler and compass, or a stencil."

Tyler knew he had all of those things; you couldn't make symmetrical patterns, otherwise. But he wasn't so keen on bringing that up, for... obvious reasons. He did have a pretty good reason to want Chad dead, and didn't want to get himself into further trouble. "There's one guy I guess we can rule out, though. Stan doesn't know how t'use a pencil. I had him in here this one time 'cos I thought he wouldn't get sore hands from cuttin' the fabric, but when I was getting him t'draw the lines... yeaaaah. He can't hold it right at all."

He shrugged. "Not much of a surprise, though. I mean, can the guy even read?" As much as he liked Stan, there was little doubt in Tyler's mind that the guy was... simple. Not that this was a bad thing; he did enjoy ranting at the strongman for hours about how much he hated Pokemon and receiving few words in return.

There were some more bits of gold paint in the lock, though most of the stuff had come out when Tyler tried to use the key.

(ikr I was asleep when y'all were posting Xd rip me)
Ariana stood up from behind the chair, "Uh.. their not that strong..." she said, walking up to her. She tried her best not to be intimidated by her and was doing surprisingly well. "So... how can I help?" Ariana smiled and stroked her meowstic as it purred swiftly.

"I could show you them.. I guess." Ariana shrugged and sent out her sylveon and buneary. "I may not be strong, but we are happy to help with anything!" She said, smiling innocently. She blinked as she picked her buneary up and cuddled it, hoping Sky would be kind and let her help. This girl sure is intimidating she thought and smirked slightly.

Sky wrinkled her nose at the Pokemon. All of them were... small. And cute, but obviously she wasn't allowed to appreciate cuteness. Sky was many things - elegant, prideful, intelligent - but liking cute things didn't go with the image. She hadn't spent this much on designer clothes just to have it all ruined in a single squee, no sir.

That being said... well, she knew Alex liked soft, fluffy things. And going off Stan's behaviour, he was determined not to let her get away from a potential embarrassment. Very well, then; let Ariana go. And succeed in calming Alex down. She wouldn't be laughed out of the circus today, thanks very much. For that reason, she pulled Ariana aside, lowering her voice.

"Listen carefully. Alex might tell you... all sorts of things, but I just want you to know that she has a vivid imagination. Be gentle with her, but - well. I wouldn't believe everything that comes out of her mouth." She nodded towards the caravan. "She is in that one. Oh, and if you could possibly throw out our ringmaster while you're at it, that would be lovely. Be warned, though - he might be drunk enough to want a fight."

She'd never had an issue besting Ben's Pokemon, of course, but this Trainer might run into some trouble. Her team did look a bit frail.

Last edited:
Knowing how well Tyler can draw, it seemed to Salazar that he knew a little too much about drawing. Then again, even if he did have a motive, there were still other people who seemed suspicious. If Tyler can draw that well, then Salazar wouldn't have doubted that he had something, like stencils and whatnot. Although, something else was puzzling him. Who could've used that Leech Life? Kit had a Cutiefly who can use it, but did she really? Plus, the knife used to belong to her, but at the time, Sky had it. Maybe Sky lost it to someone else? Maybe. He'll have to ask her. Although, he was hoping beyond belief that it wasn't the friends he was closest to. He asked Tyler about the Leech Life issue. Although, he first had to chuckle about Stan drawing.

"Well... heh, yea Stan's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But thank you for pointing that out. Although, I have a question. Are there any Bug-Types anybody in this circus owns? I don't own any, I know Alex doesn't because she only has her Eevee, Ben doesn't have a single Bug-Type, I don't think, neither does Stan, Chad didn't have any, and you hardly even have a Pokemon... That would leave only a couple of people. Kit and Sky. I know Kit has a Cutiefly who can use Leech Life. Does Sky have any Bug-Types she can use? Or does anyone have a Pokemon who knows Leech Life?"

He looked at the lock some more after he was done. Maybe he can pry the lock open? He tried clawing at the edges of the lock to pry it open, but it was too difficult to get his fingernails in the groove. He then asked: "Do you have anything to open the lock with?"

Tyler curled his lip at the mention of Pokemon. Of course this whole thing was going to come back to that. He reached up towards the bite on his neck automatically, before wincing and, uh, not following through with the scratching. "I wouldn't know much. Someone might be keeping one around an' just not let it out. Like, that one Pokemon Ben says he has, but never lets out. The only one I'm sure it can't be is Stan, then - if if was, then he ordered his Pokemon t'kill him for some reason, an' that... that doesn't work."

He frowned, and started to muse out loud. It was fairly slow going, with much pausing for thought. "But I'm pretty sure Alex just got a Venonat? Like, the other week. She was goin' on and on about how fluffy it was, an' I was just staying the hell away. I mean, it had giant fangs 'n' shit! As for Sky... can't ever see her ownin' a Bug-type. She's all about the big intimidatin' dragons 'n' such... so unless one of 'em can learn Leech Life, she shouldn't have anythin'..."

The spiel apparently over, he attempted to put his hands in pockets he currently didn't have, before settling for putting them behind his back and leaning against the wall. Being the side of a tent, it gave a little under his weight, but he didn't seem to mind. "Ah, I'm really not the best t'ask about this. Ben'd have t'know what Pokemon everyone has though, right? Aside from this one, which - again, only we know about. Y'can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

He snorted at the second question. "Well, uh, you've got the key?" He'd gotten the lock unlocked just earlier, when he was showing out to get the Zoroark out of her box. Which... reminded him that she had apparently settled for hugging his leg. He shook it a few times, not that it was much use. "Unless y'mean getting it open-open. Maybe y'should borrow a knife from Sky an' jam it in the gap or somethin'. I can ask for one while I'm getting the ice."

Last edited:
Was everything falling toward Kit at this moment? He needed to ask Sky if she lost a particularly bedazzled knife. Hopefully, no one dies when he has been trying to figure all of this out. He then asked: "Where could the paint have come from? Who paints besides you? Alex...?"

He just couldn't figure anything out anymore. The world seemed to slightly crumble as he just sat there, an extremely affectionate Zoroark and the man he wasn't so sure if he was a murderer. It seemed like he wasn't, but he wasn't so sure. It felt like he had just gone to square one after trying to solve a massive puzzle and missing only a few pieces. What was he missing?

He just couldn't handle the pressure anymore. He thought he could solve this, but he just couldn't. He had to try, though. He only got around 3 of the 6 individuals, and still had to talk to Sky, Stan, and Alex about this whole thing. He also needed to find Kit again. Wonder where she left to... She was supposed to follow him, right? Well, he did leave her to see the chariot. He heard a hiss, and saw that it was his snakes. Arbo communicated to him in a series of hisses, something about Kit was in her caravan because she was terrified of being taken to jail. It sounded as if she was innocent. Most of the evidence landed on her, though. Could it be? No, it couldn't. She was the first person he trusted. She couldn't have.... Maybe? No, he had to ask Sky, Alex, and Stan, and he also had to search in Ben's drawers.

He sighed, banging his head against Tyler's desk. He was stressed, and his snakes felt this. They would snuggle him, but knew Tyler's dislike toward them, so they slithered back across the backstage, resting near the entrance to Salazar's room.

"Dude, chill. You were the one saying the paint's old, so... probably doesn't mean much, right? It's not like it happened like... recently or anythin'."

Tyler closed his eyes for a long moment. The way he saw it, one of these incidents seemed a whole lot more complicated than the other, so it was for probably best that they start with the easier of the two. Whoever had attacked him and Stan had likely gone after Chad as well, only they'd just happened to succeed when it came to Chad. So, if they wanted to work out who got Chad... they didn't have to bother with all the cloak 'n' literal dagger stuff, right?

He sighed and put his hand on Salazar's shoulder, then changed his mind and sort of patted his back instead. Tyler wasn't exactly the greatest at comforting without being terrifically awkward, but he did make an effort. "Y'know, maybe we should jus' try to work out who was tryin' t'kill me an' Stan. Seems way more simple, an'... it's pretty likely it was the same person who got Chad, right? It's a hell of a coincidence otherwise." He shrugged. "And literally all we've gotta do is find out which Pokemon could have done it, then we just go yell at whoever 'til they admit it. Hell, Ben probably has a list of the circus 'mons."

Salazar just nodded, smiling a little from the awkward, yet still comforting pats on the back. He stood up quickly and put the lock in his pocket. He whistled and Sevi grabbed his Poke Ball belt, and slithered over to him giving him the belt. He slid it on and sent his Pokemon back in their Poke Balls. They needed to go.

"Thanks, Tyler. We need to find Ben and get access to his drawers in his caravan. He has the list somewhere where nobody would know, or at least not in plain sight. You coming? I may need you," he asked. Tyler didn't have to, but he was his second pair of eyes and another brain he could utilize.

"Eh? But I've gotta get the ice, or I might like, die or somethin'..."

Tyler hesitated, then suddenly grinned. No way did he want to risk a scrape with Sky's Pokemon, but he knew someone who wouldn't exactly mind. And besides, he needed to stick around so Salazar didn't get like... run over by a ute or whatever. "Nevermind, l'll get the Zoroark t'do it. Gimme five minutes?"

And he went over to his table, scribbling away. As promised, it wasn't long before the Zoroark had her orders, and a handwritten note asking for the ice (just in case there happened to be someone in Sky's caravan it could be given to). A second Tyler jigged out of the tent, waving ecstatically to the angry Trainer crowd.

The real Tyler shook his head. "...That'd be why I usually just keep her in the box. One of these days I'll get her t'act a bit more like me."

Salazar, having forgotten the bite until now, just nodded and chuckled, simply saying a "whoops" before he started watching the Zoroark with an amused expression. He nearly started laughing. He went back to his little room and grabbed a white gauze bandage, paper towels, and a little baggie. He then went back, and waited for the Zoroark to get the ice, he guessed.

His snakes were wanting to see this amazing spectacle before them, as they shook the Poke Balls on Salazar's belt around. Salazar just had to hold them in place before they blew out of their confines. Salazar looked about, making sure nobody was around. He then looked through the stage to the front to see who was out there. Given there was only a small opening for him to actually see anybody, he can make out a portion of Sky's skimpy clothing. He raised an eyebrow and asked: "Why does Sky wear the skimpy outfits? Is she just.... Wants attention or...? Just her style?"

Minutes passed while Salazar grabbed medical supplies, and Tyler kept himself from scratching by drawing more things. Not that drawing a giant mosquito costume made him feel less itchy, but it kept his hands occupied. However, the Zoroark hadn't returned just yet - maybe it was weighed down with all the ice those totally generous and not at all ferocious Pokemon had given it? - so he started on another outfit design.

"Sky?!?"
He poked his head out of his room when he heard the name, looking distinctly relieved to see only Salazar there. At least he didn't have to face an irate Sky over the theft of her ice... yet. "Geez, dude. Y'nearly gave me a heart attack." He lowered his voice, just in case she was somehow nearby. You couldn't be too careful with all these tiny and in some cases invisible Pokemon running around. "She only wears designer stuff, so I guess those guys are t'blame?"

A fact that Tyler had learned the hard way. He didn't even wanna know what she'd done with that dragon costume he'd made for her... she hadn't looked fondly at it, that was for sure.

Last edited:
Salazar couldn't help but chuckle at his own friend's nervousness. He quietly apologized and waited patiently for Zoroark to come back. Although, after awhile of hearing Tyler's pencil scratch the paper and leave marks from whatever object he's drawing, he sent out his Jalorda. His Serperior hissed about and looked at Salazar with a curious face. He then told him to find Tyler's lookalike trying to get ice, and help her. Jalorda was confused at this gender change, but was wondering if it was from the Zoroark. He nodded in understanding and left, slithering his way toward a slip underneath the tent. He slipped underneath the small gap between the pitched parts of the Big Top and made his way to Sky's caravan.

He then slithered on along until he finally found the illusioned Zoroark. Man, what a doozy it was to see a double of someone. He went toward her to offer her a... Well, a couple of vines and a tail. Thank Arceus, he knew a Dragon-Type Attack to fend off Sky's quite violent Pokemon. Also, why did she even have all the ice anyway? What a hoarder.

As Jaladora approached, the caravan door flew off its hinges with a terrific BANG, and out came the poor Zoroark - currently sporting several bites, clutching several large ice chunks, illusion well and truly down, and running for her life. The three Dragon-types after her - a Flygon, a Noibat, and a Hakmo-o - paused when they saw the big snake, knowing Jaladora was capable of taking on at least two of them, if not all three at once, and their hesitation let the Zoroark charge into the tent. She just about bowled Tyler over, shoving the ice in his face.

"Hey-!"

But she'd already fled into Tyler's room, leaving him baffled and somewhat damp. "What was that about?", he grumbled at Salazar, unwrapping his scarf in preparation for icing his neck.

Jalorda hissed harshly at the other Pokemon, saying something to the equivalent of a few swears and threatening them about getting beat and drained of their life if they tried to hurt her. He then slithered off, his tail preparing to glow a bright blue, indicating that Dragon Tail will be ready if they tried to pursue. He then slithered underneath the tent and found his way around the stage and went backstage, until he found Salazar putting the ice in a baggy, wrapping it with paper towels, and then putting it around his neck, making sure the gauze isn't too tight where it would harm him, but making sure it will hold the ice bag in place.

Jalorda hissed something at Salazar and he looked quite upset, understandably. He saw the faint glow of Jalorda's tail and it dissipated. He returned his fellow friend to his Poke Ball, and then translated the message over to Tyler. "Well, she was trying to get the ice from Sky's caravan until a Noibat, a Hakamo-o, and a Flygon fought with the Zoroark. She flew out and Jalorda kept the three Pokemon from pursuing her. Looking at the cuts, she just tried to ignore it as best she could and retrieve the ice as fast as possible. Luckily, they were all weak to Dragon-Type attacks, which Jalorda has one. The real reason I taught Jalorda that was to keep Sky's Pokemon at bay."

Tyler flinched at the cold, but that was nothing compared to his reaction on hearing the news. "Seriously?!? Those Pokemon would've been okay with beatin' me up?!? Bastards!" Unless they had somehow seen through the illusion, but he didn't think they could. He would have been in trouble with Sky long ago had her Pokemon noticed the Tyler helping her with certain acts was not the same Tyler elsewhere.

So... was it because of how the doppelganger had behaved, or had Sky's Pokemon just decided to attack 'Tyler' on sight? And if it was the latter... why?

He sighed, and nodded at the Pokeball. At the very least, they were going to have to ask Sky about things, and if her Pokemon were like that... "K-keep that close, dude. I don't want 'em coming after me or somethin'."

Salazar nodded and patted him on the back, done with his work. He then said: "Well, Dragon-Types are usually extremely territorial, so it wouldn't be a problem. Besides, Jalorda said that Zoroark's disguise had broken, so they thought that Zoroark was an actual intruder. Although, they still attacked her, and she was very likely disguised as you. If that's so, then.... Wait..."

Salazar had a brainwave moment. Everything... Everything seemed to point to Sky. Well, he didn't exactly like her anyway. She was a little too much of a... Well, a not nice word commonly used for female dogs. His eyes lit up as he suddenly realized who it could've been. He grabbed Tyler by the shoulders, excited about his discovery, slightly shaking him a little. He let go halfway through his rant and sent his fists into the air with triumph. "Everything is slowly making sense now! The Pokemon who can learn Leech Life are not only Bug-Types, but also bat-like Pokemon. Noibats can learn Leech Life. We just have to see if Noibat had used it on Zoroark or not, since that is a super-effective attack on a Dark-Type. I don't know why or how, but that's apparently a thing. Anyway, she had Kit's knife, she knew the chariot through and through and knew how the structure could hold up until the right time. She also was the last person to see the chariot before it went up on stage. She also has a motive, since Kit told me that Chad hadn't been so loyal to her while he was dating her and had been with other guys and girls. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she had the strength to slam a knife down into a desk, and... The gold... The gold paint and the cuts on the knife... The knife had little cuts on the blade and it was probably from the lock. She was trying to lockpick the lock to Zoroark's box, but couldn't with her knife, since the key wasn't there, which explains the gold paint... Oh my Arceus, I finally found it. If she was in here, she could've used your stencils and tools for geometric dimensions while drawing out the death threat. She drew it out, so she could give Ben the death threat and to call off the show, so Chad wouldn't date any other visitors, but the show went on.... My god... And her Pokemon would've tried to keep her secret safe, so that's why they were so aggressive with anyone entering. She probably knew about the Zoroark, and knew you were cheating, so she tried to end you while also wanting to end Chad! Or at least, harm him for what he had done, I'm pretty sure she didn't mean to kill him. Then again, I can't exactly tell with her."

After his little rant, he ducked down and sat down by the box. He outstretched a hand towards Zoroark, gesturing his fingers toward himself, basically saying to come out and come to him.

Last edited:
"S-slow down!" Tyler yelped, but Salazar was already gone, leaving him to stumble after him. There were holes in that logic - a few things that didn't quite fit together, a few pieces missing. But then again, Salazar was the smarter one, and Tyler wasn't fond of Sky, so... perhaps he was really onto something here? It sounded like he'd finally figured something out, anyway.

The Zoroark popped out of its box, since the lock wasn't locked - and indeed, on its arms and legs it bore the marks of several Leech Lifes. It probably needed an ice bath, all things considered. Tyler grinned down at it. "So! Uh! Case closed, then-?"

Now they just had to go and confront Sky, and all Sky's very scary Pokemon.

...Tyler was no longer grinning.

Last edited:
Salazar nodded ecstatically, and then something hit. How did the marks appear on the chariot? He knew a Flygon's claws can cut through wood, and its most notable attack would have to be Dragon Claw. If that's the case, then that would be consistent with some of the marks on the fireproof coating, as the Dragon-Type aura exuding from the attack can damage the wood like that. But something didn't sit well with Salazar. He seemed like he was pulling a Kit; jumping too fast toward a conclusion. But she was the closest thing to a suspect he had ever had. She must have done it. A motive and everything pointed to her. He scratched behind Zoroark's ear and his fire from earlier had died down quite considerably, reflecting the mood of his thoughts.

He then opened with a question: "How many fingers or claws does a Flygon have on each hand? Three? Because there were six, what looked to be, claw marks on the fire-proof coating of the chariot. And then there was the beam that held the reigns that was partially sawed. Could've that been from the same move, just not gone through the entire thing? Wait.... This question is the important one. Does Chad and Sky have different chariots, or only one?" It would only make sense for those six marks to appear like that, if it were a marking system. He searched the Zoroark's arms and body to see if there were any scratch marks.

"It's three... uh, I dunno... an' I think Chad's only got the one. Sky doesn't ride, she's a knifethrower an' all." Tyler frowned. "Didn't her Flygon get declawed after the whole Alex disaster, though-? I feel like it got declawed, she was sulking for days. Sky could still have cut the chariot with the knife, though... yeah, that's probably it."

The Zoroark bore no scratches, just the Leech Life marks. More than likely its illusion dropped after the first attack, and it managed to avoid the worst of what followed.

"...so, uh, how're we gonna talk to her? Away from her Pokemon's probably a good idea, right?"

Salazar nodded, remembering that incident. Poor Alex. She didn't deserve to be at the receiving end of that Flygon's Dragon Claw. Pretty sure Flygon now knows another move to replace Dragon Claw. Tyler was right, though. If the knife could cut through the drawer like that, then it would be possible for the knife to be used to cut the beam and the fire-proof coating. Why six marks though? Was there a reason? A timing thing? Or was it to get underneath the fire-proof coating so the fires from the manes would burn the inside and cause the chariot to go up in flames? Whatever the reason, Sky must be behind it. Of course, he didn't feel like humiliating her in front of the trainer crowd.

He placed his forehead on Zoroark's, and sent her back in the box with a point of his finger. He'll help her recover later. For now, they would just have to talk to Sky in the stage. Of course, with Ben around to hear. With everyone. He sent forth his snakes, and told them to lead everyone to the stage, and he'll get Sky and Stan. His snakes nodded, and they each went off toward differing ways. Arbo knew that Kit must still be in her caravan, so he slithered underneath the tent and headbutted the door lightly, while also hissing, letting her know that he had good news. "It's judgement day. Follow me to the stage. You aren't a suspect anymore."

Sevi slithered off toward the caravan that held Ben and Alex. Sevi knocked on the door with her tail and hissed. She slithered right on in and marked on her scales just lightly enough to make it readable with the only word she knew. "Stage". Sevi tugged on the shirt of Ben to get his attention to help lead him toward the stage, while also ushering for Alex with her tail to come with.

Jalorda stayed with Salazar for protection, and Salazar hurried off toward the entrance to the Big Top. He then ripped the megaphone out of Sky's hands and practically yelled: "Please, everyone. Respect our space. We'll be conducting a meeting, and we won't be able to make refunds. We will make a deal with the rest of you all once we talked it over with our ringleader. For now, just please simmer down and take a break. Give us an hour."

With that done, he ushered Stan and Sky inside toward the stage. Jalorda stayed on the stage, and his glowing yellow markings began to brighten slightly. His gaze harsh against Sky. Once they were inside, he closed the curtain that led toward the stage, so no one would hear or see what was going on. Of course, anyone could walk in. It was just a curtain.

Ben had managed to get impressively wasted in a fairly short timespan; he insisted on taking a cocktail with him 'for the road', and had to sit on the stage, Alex sitting next to him with her book of fanfiction, love spells, and god lone knows else. Kit and Stan could at least stand, Stan looking over at the downed chariot in idle curiosity before the curtain was closed. And Tyler was of course leaning against the nearest convenient object in an effort to look badass.

"A meeting?" Sky asked Salazar, once they'd all arrived. She didn't exactly look happy about her megaphone being snatched. "What's this over? Some of us have better things to do..."

He's come to known as the cheery performer out of everyone here, and not many people made him angry, and he never got angry. This was the moment where his unbridled rage got the better of him, but he was able to bite it back. Of course, he kept his voice a minimum, and also tried to compose himself with a long, drawn in sigh.

"Kit! Give me the knife." While he was waiting for Kit to give him the knife he had found in the drawer, he pulled out the death threat. He then showed Sky the apparent death threat he had tried to copy over, and asked: "Does this look familiar? I tried to draw over what the impression was of. Looks like a football at first, but I'm not dumb."

His snakes watched along the sidelines, keeping an eye out for Sky's Pokemon coming toward the stage. They must be, any moment. They must feel that their trainer was in danger. All the while, Salazar glared at Sky with scrutinizing eyes. He didn't know what to look for when somebody lied, but he did do it all the time. She probably wasn't as composed as he was with it, though. Hopefully.

Kit pulled the knife from her dress, and Sky blinked in surprise. "I... thought you lost that?"

"You totally stole it!" she whined.

"I've told you for years, I didn't. Honestly, I was starting to think you had it, the way you always went on. And I don't really see how it's relevant to... well, whatever this is." She squinted at the piece of paper for a time, then shook her head. Surely Salazar was trying to say something, what with the pointing and all, but Sky didn't get where he was going with all this. "Salazar, use your words. Is this some sort of code?"

She didn't appear to be lying, just seemed confused. On a side note, Tyler appeared to be mimicking eating popcorn from the sidelines; even Stan was struggling to keep a straight face. Great moral support, that guy.

Curiously enough, Sky's Pokemon weren't rushing to her aid. Either they'd gotten held up with something, she didn't have a close bond with them, or... something else.

Last edited:
Salazar smirked, not saying anything. Instead he let out a high-pitched whistle. Jalorda descended from his glaring posture. Salazar hissed at him, something about searching Sky's caravan for golden substances. Jalorda nodded, his tail started to glow a bright blue as he slithered out underneath the Big Top. The glow became its peak as he slithered on inside Sky's caravan. He put his tail in front of him as he made sure nobody was inside. That wasn't going to happen, but he had to make sure there was that same golden substance in her room.

Meanwhile, Salazar started to pace in a linear path, back and forth. His smirk was still there, ever present on his damn scaly face. He wanted to see her break. She wasn't known to at times, and wasn't as explosive as Kit, but eh. Who knew. He thanked Kit and told her to go back, holding the knife in his hand. He had to make sure about something. He walked over to the chariot and set the knife down on the scratch marks, to see if it matched.

Surely Jaladora just wasn't looking hard enough. Or long enough. But try as he might, he couldn't find any trace of gold. Maybe he just had to look harder, but - no matter how many things he knocked over and peered under, there wasn't a shred of gold in sight. Before long, he could hear Sky's Pokemon being rather upset at the tail sticking out of the cabin, taking turns at insulting it.

The shallow grazes on the beam matched the width of the knife, but the grooves on the cut part of the beam were way too wide and deep. Something else had made the cut itself.

As Sky appeared to be in a silent staring contest with Kit, the place was eerily quiet. Alex raised her hand, and had to wave a bit before eventually Stan acknowledged her.

"Yes?"

"Um, sooo nobody minds if I just read out this Chad x reader oneshot, right? While we're waiting?"

Sky glared. "Not just anyone is suitable for Chad. Or... was. He had standards beyond your fanfiction. He knew things someone like you never could-"

"Oh, so I did have to stalk him after all! Wow, thanks for telling me that now..."

"You were planning on stalking him?!?"

Stan closed his eyes, and took a handful of the imaginary popcorn. "Salazar. On with it. Or you have... incident, maybe. Girls dangerous."

Kit harrumphed. "How about you fucking shut up, eh? I'm enjoying this bitchfit."

Salazar wondered what else could cut the beam. What else.... The claw of a Hakamo-o, or some other Pokemon with claws. He knew Hakamo-os had claws. He told Stan to shush, as he tried to think of ways that this could've happened. Meanwhile, Jalorda came back from his hunt. He slithered back toward Salazar and shook his head. There was none. Funny. He gave the knife toward his Arbo, the Pokemon with a better sense of smell than his other snakes. Arbo sniffed it by sticking out his tongue, lapping at the chemicals in the air surrounding the knife. He then started lapping around the area, following the scent.

Wherever the scent of the knife took him, besides backtracking toward Kit's cabin and the stage, and Ben's cabin, Salazar listened as to maybe Sky would say anything else. Anything else that would incriminate her with her own words. He just wanted Alex to not shut up, even though he kind of wished she did. Arbo slowly slithered about, following the scent left behind by the knife.

The scent led Arbo right to Tyler's room, and more specifically the Zoroark's box. She recoiled from the huge snake in absolute fear, but... well, yeah. The knife smelled quite a lot like her.

...Had she had it all this time?

"Bitchfit? Look who's talking." Sky rounded on Kit, eyes narrowed. "What are you thinking of doing next, accusing me of murder?"

"Yup", Tyler grinned. "That's like, what we were gonna do."

"We... were? Stan not so sure-"

"Shut up, Stan." That was Kit, of course.

Sky shrugged. Yes, actually shrugged off a murder accusation. It likely helped that it was coming from Kit and Tyler, a pair she didn't particularly appreciate. "Well, I didn't do it, and Stan agrees with me. Don't you, Stan-?" There seemed to be some veiled threat or other there, because Stan actually backed up and looked away.

"Erm... yes. It not Sky. Stan shut up now."

Sky harrumphed and folded her arms. She could barely hold back a smirk; it felt good to be more or less in control of the situation. "Good... So, are we all babies here, or has someone at least called the police? Since you seem to believe it is murder."