• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Moments of Pure Stupidity

Ever have any moments where you're saying to yourself "Why the hell did I do that?"

Today whilst playing Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console, I was on 6-1. I was playing through a speed run trying to get as far as I could, as fast as I could. Ok, back to the 6-1 part. Well, I was running through on my last life, all happy because I had KO'd the Lakitu momentarily when....I run into a hole. I died an epic death of failure. I was in shock on how stupid of a death that was.

Also on 5-2 before that, I lost all of my lives, but the life mentioned above, by falling right before the end of the stage. I just kept jumping too far or slipping.

Anyone else have any "Why the hell did I do that?" moments?

Rex

Resident Furry
I'm playing a zombie survival map on Gmod, offline. I has spawned a bunch of zombies all over the field, enough to lag the computer a little. They I went Zombie hunting. Eventually I came to a trap that the creator had set, destroyable things held up a container. I walked under the container, attracting a few zombies. Then, thinking it a good idea at the time, i sprung the trap, destroying the container's supports. However, I hadn't gotten out from under it first. And so I was crushed along with the zombies...

I was playing Mario Kart: Double Dash a couple hours ago on vs races with my cousin. I was in the lead, and I decide to take a short cut, right? I took it, but I thought I could clear the gap without a Mushroom. I thought wrong. I came sooo damn close. SPLASH! I got behind, but got ahead and won the race in the end, but that was one od my stupider moments, because I knew the only way I could clear that gap was with some sort of speed boost. Damn, I feel stupid.

I was playing Mario Kart: Double Dash a couple hours ago on vs races with my cousin. I was in the lead, and I decide to take a short cut, right? I took it, but I thought I could clear the gap without a Mushroom. I thought wrong. I came sooo damn close. SPLASH! I got behind, but got ahead and won the race in the end, but that was one od my stupider moments, because I knew the only way I could clear that gap was with some sort of speed boost. Damn, I feel stupid.

I've had stuff like that happen before in racing games. I attempt to take a shortcut, but instead it makes me drop to last place. Sometimes the shortcuts work though, or else I wouldn't try to use them still probably. ;)

Last week, I decided to play Final Fantasy VII over again. I had gotten to a part where I found Emerald weapon (An over-the-top uber boss) And before fighting it, I saved inside the Highwind. Anyway, the moment I started the highwind, the battle starts....and then I realize I'm serously underleveled. -_-

I feel like such an idiot cause now I can't leave my plane without the battle immediatly starting...

Errr..I done fucked up in Dragon Age: Origins. I am right at the Archdemon fight...and uhh.. I kind of saved and I have absolutely NO poultices.. Which means I cannot heal myself, I have to wait for my healer to do it..and when she's dead..well.. Basically it's going to take a LOT of skill for me to win the damn fight since I screwed up and didn't get poultices days ago. =/

I was playing call of duty 4 on the gillie mission. Then i got to this part where there was heaps of enemies and then isaved whilst hiding under a truck. Then i somehow die. It then turns out that i had saved just before an enemy spots me and call the alarm and shoots the crap out of me while i am laying helplessly under i truck . I tried for ages atempting to get to a spot where he couldnt spot me but it was no use so i tried to fight my way through but all i have is a sniper and a pistol. So eventually i had to start the mission all over again. I was quite angry.... >:(