• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Misused Master Balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been lots of times when i finally get a pokemon that i've wanted for a while through the trading system and i think to myself *wtf?*...why is this electabuzz in a freakin master ball?..anyway the point of this was just to ask has any one else gotten a pokemon that was no were near ledgendary and it was in a masterball?

Yeah it's called hacking dude. Some people (like myself) enjoy have x999 Master balls at our dispose to use on anything regarding catching pokemon.

I hate people that hack loads of master balls into the game, yes legendaries are a bitch to catch, but without that challenge, what is there in the game apart from the ridiculously hax battle tower.

Edit: I misread the first post. No, I've never received a non-legendary in a Master Ball before. But if that were to happen it was probably because the person did what Nexle did and hax'd for them so they have them to waste at their leisure.

And if you don't care about my Master Ball mishaps, feel free to skip the rest of this post. ^^;

I agree that hacking Master Balls is no fun, besides legendaries aren't always that difficult to catch. I think Heatran and Regigigas only took like ten Dusk Balls (maybe less) between them. Those Dusk Balls are my best friend when capturing legendaries. All of mine save for Mesprit and Cresselia are in one.

Back on the subject, I've never put anything besides a legendary in a Master Ball, but I've definitely used them on the wrong legendary before. In Silver I put one of the legendary beasts in a Master Ball instead the much, much higher leveled Ho-oH. In Sapphire I wasted it on a level 40 Kyogre instead of on the Rayquaza I gave up trying to capture because it was tiresome. And even as recently as Diamond, I put Dialga in one, not knowing it's catch rate was higher than other legends. But the only reason I can fathom for the need for a Master Ball in D/P would be if I were catching Arceus, which isn't happening.

Come to think of it, the only time I've used a Master Ball correctly was in FireRed when I used it on Mewtwo.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Come to think of it, the only time I've used a Master Ball correctly was in FireRed when I used it on Mewtwo.

When I played good old Red I think I used my Master Ball on a wild Rapidash. Ah, youth XD Since then I learnt my lesson and never used the Masterball on anything but Legendaries.

On subject, when I used the Global Trading Station I received a few Pokemon in Master Balls, the most annoying of which was a Miltank. I desperately wanted one on my team, and on my Diamond game for that matter, and the only way at that time was to Radar it (I hadn't discovered this forum at that point and had no one to trade with via friend code). No matter how long I searched, Miltank just wouldn't appear because she's rare on Diamond and I was unlucky, as usual. Then I met a trainer on some route that had one, so I immediately went to the Trade Station and looked for one. I put up a Pokemon and waited and finally got one, only to find it was in a Master Ball. I released it and traded for a new one. I don't like None Legendaries in Master Balls, because I dislike cheating etc, so any I get I just got rid of. I especially don't like level 100 Pokemon in Master Balls, because that just screams Hack to me, especially when they don't have any good attacks etc.

In summery, if it's in a Master Ball and isn't legendary I don't like it. It gets released immediately. Luckily I never had to use the GTS after finding this forum, and having completed my 'Dex I shall never use it again... hopefully ^^

I got the x999 Master Balls...but completely not on purpose ^^' I used my friends Action Replay and he forgot to take it off. I use them sometimes and I have several things, especially from my friend, in Master Balls.
I don't think what ball a Pokemon is in matters except for how it looks when it comes out. But that's why they invented ball seals! :D

Bah, I used the 99x Masterball cheat on Ruby version, so if I got lazy I'd use them. Catching isn't what makes the game fun for me, and Legendaries are just annoying.
There is a glitch in Pokemon Colosseum where you use an item with one Pokemon and switch it with the other and it doesn't count, so, being the lazy person that I am, used that ALL THE TIME.
To actually be on topic, I haven't really received one, but I would be one of those who would've traded it to you...>.>

I've seen plenty of those...it's like people don't know legendaries exist. Here's a list of all the pokemon I received from each game.

Red= None
Blue= Muk (Lol)
Yellow= Snorlax, Hypno, Dugtrio (Lol...again)
Silver= Steelix, Miltank
Gold= None
Crystal= Kingler, Cloyster (xD)
Saphire= Salamence, Flygon
Ruby= None
Emerald= None
Fire Red= None
Leaf Green= Raichu
Diamond= Garchomp
Pearl= None

I only remember these because I still have them. I keep them in a certain box in my Diamond. Lol I always thought it was funny.

I think using masterballs would be ok on event pokemon (killing them on accident... well, yeah) or perhaps shinies is cool.
My problem is I'm so hesitant to use a masterball except on a very hard to get legendary, it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.