• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Lucaridojo- Sign ups and position filling

Which class should be the first to go on a field trip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear trainer,
I welcome you to the Lucaridojo training school and center. You have been accepted to this school by recomendation of your parents, peers, and teachers, that want you to continue in furthering your bond with you and your pokemon. This class pogram is new and you will be the first people to enroll in this program so please bear with us if anything goes wrong. I personally will not be there alot as I have many duties to fulfill in other regions. Teachers will be there guiding and training you, they are my first graduates of the raining center classes I had started and they wish to pass the knowledge many have tought to them, down to you. If you do accept, this place is located in Nimbasa city in the Unova region. lease respond as soon as possible so we can start filling rosters and pairing you with others.
-Sencerly your admin of this program
Sasha Yamoto- former champion of both the Unova and Kalos leagues

This role play will be about students who wish to enroll is this program. I am looking however for people to take roles in teachers that I have designed with a general personality. There are 8 spots for this so if you want a role plase respond as someone might take it before you. (first come first serve :/)
Also mention the role your character is as well. You can have multiple but 3 is max, 2 reccomended because it can get confusing at 3.
For the character sheets I want the format for the main stream bios. Keep in mind the students are relativaly new to the idea of pokemon battles. They will know basic knowledge, some will know more strategic ways of battle but they don't have more than 2 LOW LEVEL pokemon that are also BASIC FORM. Also after lots of back and forth on this topic: I only want pokemon without breeding moves, if you rally want it, then ask me if it is ok, IF I SAY NO THEN YOU CAN'T have that move(sorry but i don't want to sound mean about the topic, I just want it to be a strict subject to be adressed). Also NO EVOS unless I accept. The teachers should have medium leveled pokemon, some evos depending on the subject they teach. Absolutly NO LEGENDARIES, MYTHICS, OR special item evos because thats kinda weird to have.
As for rules:
  1. Follow the main rules set by staff
  2. No cussing, keep it pg not pg 13
  3. Keep your character reasonable, not over powered at this level
  4. For teachers, follow the basic lay out of the character but you can customize: name, hometown, pokemon/move sets(again keep it reasonable), and any history
  5. follow rule 1
  6. idk why I have a sixth but i guess it would be anything risky/ any off rp talk will be here and I must approve if it is acceptable
Here are the different roles:
This character is a 16 year old boy that loves all things dragon type. Most people would describe him as....incredibly talented. He is shy but he will teach others the ways of stratigy while in combat: combos, deflects, and using your pokemon's phisique to over come obsticles.
This character is a heart warming girl that cares for everybody. She teaches the ways to appeal to your pokemon and how to befriend others. Has a big heart for pokemon and tends to have almost every pokemon become friends with her.
This guy wants to help you find stratigies of how to be most effective in your training and how to cover your weaknesses so you can be prepared for battle. He is buff and specially includes a Haryama being one of his partners. Shares and bestows a fiery psson to all those who encounter him.
In this class a guy around 22 explains how to holster your MAXIMUM BATTLE VISION as he calls it. He teaches how to use status conditions and also how to heal against them and apply potions to help heal your pokemon too. Gives you a pokedex to have a general school long project of researching pokemon and gaining more info that is to be known about them so students can gain more knowledge about them. Very geeky and loves to ramble about on the topics of computers and the theory of what happens in a pokeball.
This battle girl explains how to fairly win a battle so that they don't disrespect the other battler and make sure they don't learn to play dirty against the opponent. Has a aura of protection around her that drives her to protect and defend all those in need.
This guy will teach you how to prepare for the league challenge and explains how it works. Used to be a gym leader in another region so he knows how this works. Battles the trainers under the same senario. The ONLY person that has 3 pokemon of each type. Around the age of 40s-50s.
This teacher is an expert of the outdoors. Teaches the students about how to thrive in the wild and has a training program that supports exercise, muscle training and also the same training for pokemon. Works in classes that can combine with the Training Ideals class. About 19 years old.
This person is either a boy or girl. They are a regular teacher that teaches, history, math, language, and general sciences. Of course this is in a school because it still is a school no matter what is taught. Was an assistant of Professer Juniper.
Students:
  1. Gold The Dragonite
  2. ~Xero~
Thank you for participating and have fun.

P.S. I wont be active in the speaking portion of this as my character will be out a lot. I will make appearences though so be on the look out.

Last edited:
Name: Riley Thompson
Hometown: Aspertia City, Unova
Height: 5'06" (167.6 cm) (he hit his growth spurt early)
Weight: 110 lbs (49.9 kg)
Hair: Black, short hair with a part on his left.
Eyes: Dark grey, where they look almost black unless under a bright light or when outside.
Clothing: He wears black, shin-high work boots, brown pants that are tucked into his boots, a dark blue shirt with several Dragon-Typed silhouettes scattered throughout that is also tucked in his pants, a dark brown work jacket, and a long chain necklace with a creepy red eye and a encircling Dragonair pendant as charms. He also has on a watch on his right wrist, and he has a black backpack.
Identifying Marks: He's pretty inconspicuous, so most people wouldn't remember him... Until they see his odd charms on his necklace.
Musculature: Extremely skinny due to his sudden growth spurt. He does have some lean muscle, but they have been stretched so they don't look as strong.
Personality: He is usually pretty quiet and is always observant. He is quite calm and collected during battles, but can get slightly irritated when his Deino takes over and ignores him. Around friends, he is less quiet, but still not that loud to begin with.
Occupation/Future Occupation: Pokemon Trainer (now); Pokemon Researcher (later)
Past: As a young and quiet child, he was bullied for being the short and chubby one up until he hit 9, where he underwent a massive growth spurt and his extra fat got quickly absorbed to fuel this growth spurt. Before his growth spurt hit, he was an avid reader, knowing how to read children's novels by the time he was 4. This, and his fascination with Pokemon, led him to read as much as he could about them. He would hide and read the day away and get lost in his fantasies with these Pokemon, specifically Dragon- and Dark-Typed Pokemon. Dragon-Types because they were amazingly strong, clever, and tough, the epitome of what he wants to be. Dark-Types because they were dirty, clever, and backstabbing, a force he wants to utilize against people like his bullies, like fighting fire with fire.
Family: Serena Thompson (Mother, 39 - Pokemon Scientist); Jake Thompson (Father, 38 - Aspertia City's Police Officer); Craig Thompson (Older Brother, 13 - Pokemon Trainer)
Love Relationships?: He is straight, but he is more concerned about making his future possible than worry about crushes or falling in love.
Species: Buneary - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE]
Nickname: Hop
Ability: Klutz - Held items will not activate, meaning it won't eat held berries, use stat-boosting items, or be affected by moves like Toxic Orb or Lagging Tail. This also translates to out of battle unfortunately, making her clumsy.
Special Features: Nothing new.
History: She was bred specifically to be a rental Pokemon for trainers who need one for an academic function. What they didn't tell others when renting her is that she is quite the handful, forcing trainers to figure out how to get on her good side.
Personality: She is incredibly adamant and loves to thrash about, commonly trashing almost everything around her. She is also quite alert to sounds and often gets into trouble when her curiosity gets the best of her, especially when her clumsiness alerts someone of her position. She doesn't mind that she's clumsy and she absolutely hates incompetent or new trainers due to their lack of understanding how Pokemon work. Plus, she's all fun and wants nothing to do with work, much to the chagrin of kids who need rental Pokemon and they get her.
Battle History/Style: She is fast and physically strong, preferring to get in and out with her bouncing to decrease the amount of damage she'll be receiving. She is the Pokemon that introduced Riley to moves being used in a combo. She also commonly doesn't listen to Riley due to her belief that he's too incompetent in a battle to tell her what to do.
Moves:
  • Frustration - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Physical | Hop has a temper tantrum while her eyes glow red and steam is blown out of her nose. She flails about in an angry outburst, doing more damage the more she dislikes her trainer.
  • Pound - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Physical | Hop's paw or ear glows with white energy before she pounds the opponent in.
  • Foresight - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | Hop's eyes glow red and beams shoot forth. These beams help her dispel illusions, like Double Team, basically making any evasion raising move useless, and it allows Ghost-Types to be hit by Normal- and Fighting-Type attacks.
  • Switcheroo - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] | Status | Hop quickly uses a sleight-of-hand trick when fighting to steal the opponent's item and replace it with her's or, if either one of them doesn't have an item, then Hop will give the item to herself if she doesn't have one or give it to her enemy if she has one. She cannot use it if the opponent is holding Z-Crystals, a Mega Stone, Mail, or any special Legendary items that directly change them or utilize their Abilities.

Last edited:
@Merciless Medic you are accepted, please mention level and moves too so we can make sure there is no misinformation being given. I want this to be clear of info so me and others wont get confused. The actual RP will start when all teachers are filled or its like 3-5 weeks after this has started.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
May I reserve a spot as a student and the Rules of Battle teacher?

And just so you know, level and move limits aren't really a thing here, but if you'd rather us have them, we can. :3

Actually, I would like to make a rental Pokemon for Riley, because at this point in time, he shouldn't have the Deino until he's a little older. Can he have a Buneary? The reasons why I chose a Buneary are because Buneary's starting base friendship is 0, and she is going to cause him hell and then he'll understand about taking care of Pokemon.

Last edited:
Ok so @EeviumZ make a character sheet i will reserve the Rules of Battle for you. And some moves I wouldn't relly like to be in, especially op breeding moves because and oshawott with sacred sword for example would be abit weird and slightly op for the low level he is at.
@Gold The Dragonite Gen. Knowledhe will be reserved for you, and yes you can make a student as well. Just make the character sheets.
and finally @Merciless Medic if you want to switch thats fine. The dieno would be fine with me though since some people are going to be stronger than others. You may have the buneray as well since I said you can have 2 low level pokemon. Low level being 1-10.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Yeah, I treat it as more of an experience thing. Usually I have more of a scale of power rather than defined places where the Pokemon learns moves. It's very much possible for an Oshawott to learn Sacred Sword, but A) it'd likely take a very long time to train and B) that's godmoding.

Oshawott learns Sacred Sword as an egg move in USUM. The only Parent that can give Oshawott this move is a Smeargle who had sketched it off of one of the Pokemon in the Honedge line or a Legendary. So it's not technically godmodding, but it is strong. I just won't think that a move that has a specific parent be a Smeargle would be a popular egg move.

@Merciless Medic you are approved
I also updated rules to include no breeding moves, it just gets too tedius to go through every move of a pokemon to make sure they don't have good moves at this level. This is a school so....they wouldn't really need those moves since they are here for learning, not being on the road trainers yet.

Last edited:
Oh, then is it alright if the Buneary has Switcheroo? It's an egg move but it at least doesn't make her Klutz useless and it's a good teaching moment for those that believe Klutz is useless and there is nothing redeemable about it. XD

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
And, done!

Name: Ryan Andrews
Hometown: Hau'oli City, Alola
Height: 4'6" (140.2 cm)
Weight: 76 lbs
Hair: Brown, messy and short.
Eyes: Blue
Clothing: Ryan wears a white and cyan striped shirt and black trousers. He also has a black satchel usually seen on his left shoulder around his neck. He also wears a brown, cord, hoodie jacket. Ryan wears white sneakers and a white merino beanie with a single red stripe on it.
Identifying Marks: He has a faint scratch mark on his right cheek.
Musculature: Ryan has slight visible muscle, but he's still fit and in shape.
Personality: Ryan can get shy sometimes, but is mainly an extrovert. He just wants to be as helpful as he could and make friends. Ryan apologizes frequently, just a habit of his. He's somewhat smart.
Past: Ryan was mainly a regular, average child. He wasn't scared and shy, yet wasn't too brave. He had friends, but not too many. Ryan enjoys reading and Fire and Electric types. He helps his father frequently with his research, so he knows basic match-ups and can memorize around half of the types.
Family: Kayla Andrews (Mother, 37, - Pokemon Breeder) Jordan Andrews (Father, 39 - Pokemon Researcher) Lily Andrews (Sister, 16, Pokemon Trainer)
Love Relationships?: None, for now.
Pokémon:

Species: Mareep
Nickname: Wooli
Ability: Static
Special Features: N/A
History/Personality: Wooli was found by Lily, which she gave to Ryan. Wooli the Mareep is a gentle and calm Pokemon. She's friendly and nice, but she can be aggressive once irritated. It would take a while for her to get fully annoyed.
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Name: Liam Kunoi
Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto
Height: 5'9" (179.8 cm)
Weight: 134 lbs (60.1 kg)
Hair: Black.
Eyes: Brown.
Clothing: Liam shares a striking resemblance to the Super Nerd trainer sprite from FRLG. He wears a lab coat and gray trousers. He also wears black rimmed glasses, and black shoes. Underneath his lab coat is a gray and deep green plaid shirt.
Spr_FRLG_Super_Nerd.png

The sprite of the Super Nerd in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.
Identifying Marks: None.
Musculature: Liam's incredibly skinny, and gets tired from running even after a minute.
Personality: Liam is a shy person, however forgets anyone's in the room and he can ramble on and on about something he loves. He's very passionate about his work.
Past: Liam was bullied by many people by his love for Pokemon, and for being a nerd. He then grew up still with his love and became a teacher, where he can "nerd out" as much as he wanted to, as a job! He also loves to make theories about Pokeballs, and adores computers.
Family: Jared Kunoi (Father, 47) Belle Kunoi (Mother, 51)
Love Relationships?: None
Pokémon: He has many Pokemon, but the main 5 he uses are: Luxio, Magmar, Breloom, Snover, and Croagunk, that all have moves that have moves which can inflict status conditions.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
(If there's anything I need to add/fix, tell me)
Name : Ben (Unknown)
Role:Camping/Pt Teacher
Home"town":Viridian forest
Height: 5'10
Hair: Messy, black
Eyes: Extremely dark brown, basically black
Clothing: Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his red hoodie, as well and red goggles, a yellow scarf, blue fingerless gloves, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modifies by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans, which he rolls up when in the heat.
Musculature: Slim but muscular, both due to traveling in the wild and martial arts training
Personality: Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise.He has some decent coordination when focused, and has trained in martial arts by training with Bea, a galar gym leader. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. He thinks the best out of people, even if they act cold, he'll try his best to have them warm up to him, but will keep his distance if it's what they wish. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person. Despite being slim but muscular, Ben can be a bit of a glutton.He often carries snacks around in his bag. He has a hard time remembering names, so he often nicknames people to remember them.
Love relationships : Nope, dis man is denser than a neutron star
Pokemon: ( Note that ben has a fair amount of pokemon, putting them all would be too much, so the only one shown is his main pokemon who followed him over every region, lucario)
Pokemon: Lucario
Personality: (Hardy) A quiet, calm and collected exterior hides a burning passion for battle. Doesn;t take losing very well, often chiding and thinking less of itself.
Ability: Justified
Moves:Aura sphere/ Bone rush/ Meteor Mash/ Copycat

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
I'd like the one with bond

Name: Sally Acorn (I'm sorry)
Careers: nursing (now) working in the pokecenter (later)
Appearance: think of Himawari from boruto but with blond hair, beautiful blond eyes.
Basically, blond short wavy hair with spikiness on the sides. She wears a light yellow hoodie with black pants. She also has normal brown shoes.
Pokemon: Cleffa name Cathy (Moves : Heal pulse, sweet kiss,sing, pound)
(I don't know what to add ;-; )

Last edited:
@Super Lazy Man can you add more of a more descriptive description because I don't think everyone watched boroto. Also add a pokemon since everyone should have a pokemon since this is a prp. Plus if you look at the bond description pokemon naturaly love her..so please make a few adjustments since i don't feel that the character is complete yet.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
@Super Lazy Man can you add more of a more descriptive description because I don't think everyone watched boroto. Also add a pokemon since everyone should have a pokemon since this is a prp. Plus if you look at the bond description pokemon naturaly love her..so please make a few adjustments since i don't feel that the character is complete yet.
I've fixed it

Okay, Tada! Here they are:
Name: Kai Lownam
Sexuality: Bisexual
Hometown: Hammerlocke, Galar.
Physical Appearance: He has dark brown, almost black, messy hair that resembles somewhat of a neat bedhead. He has comforting gold eyes that compliment the soft expression on his face. He has a bit of muscle. He stands tall at 5'11 and weighs 173 lbs.
Clothing: I wasn't able to describe it all too well, so I used a generator (it's easier, okay?) He also has a blue Z-ring from his holiday in Alola, and various Z-crystals
upload_2020-3-28_22-20-26.png
Personality: Kai is very Pokemon-oriented. He is especially fond of dragon types. He is shy, but incredibly talented, and often gets compliments, to which he replies with a blush, and a meek 'thank you'. He tries his best in everything, and thats what makes him admirable. He is good at teaching, but would rather show teachings through a Pokemon battle .
Pokemon: (He has plenty of dragon types, but he has two on his team for double battle strategies.)

Nickname: Lure
Species: Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Dragon Rush, Superpower, Earthquake, Fire Blast
Personality: Lure's a kind, but elegant soul who's always looking to show off. Since she's Kai's partner Pokemon, she can get away with plenty of things.

Nickname: Ghost
Species: Dragapult
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Dragon Darts, Hyper Beam, Psychic Fangs, U-turn
Personality: He's a bit of a prankster. He enjoys tricking people.
Name: Tanya Alisis
Sexuality: Demisexual
Hometown: Heahea City, Alola
Physical Appearance: She has brown hair, pulled into pigtails, and blueish-green eyes, that compliment her lightly tanned skin. She stands at 4'3 and weighs 70 lbs.
Clothing: She has a green beaded Z-ring, and a Grassium Z on standby.
upload_2020-3-29_12-37-55.png
Personality: Tanya's a kind girl who is always excitable and up for a battle. She's got a big heart and will always cheer others up. She doesn't mind losing, but she's always determined for a win. She's open to new things and will try everything she can.
Pokemon:

Nickname: Arrow
Species: Rowlet
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Leafage, Razor Leaf, Peck, Shadow Sneak.
Personality: Arrow is always trying to preen Tanya clean- His way of showing his affection. He's protective of her, and like Tanya, Arrow's always up for a battle, although he's kind of lazy.
If there's anything wrong, please tell me!
Oh, and what region is this set in?

Last edited by a moderator: