• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Living in an anime

If you could go to any anime world, where would you go and why? For me I would like to go to either One Piece because I could travel the seas, or Pokémon for obvious reasons.

This is actually a pretty hard question. A lot of the anime that I really enjoy do not have worlds that I'd want to live in because they're so messed up. A few do jump to mind though, the obvious being Pokemon because well... Its Pokemon. I'd be really interested in exploring the world of Psycho Pass - I find the concept of something like the Siybl System utterly fascinating (if morally questionable), and even though I'd probably never be able to study the system directly itself because nobody's allowed to access it, I'd love to have a look at the implications for those living within this system. Plus, going about trying to fix some of the holes in the system that the show explores would be extremely gratifying.

The only other world I can think of would be that of Log Horizon. Despite the mental strain that most of the characters endure due to sheer loneliness, its probably one of the more cheerful worlds that I'm really familiar with (that isn't just a carbon copy of reality because ehhhhh screw that). Plus the place is huge with heaps of interesting fantasy locations to explore without really having to fear anything due to most people being immortal (well, sort of), I'd just have an absolute blast exploring the place. Plus the appeal of having a society that starts as a completely clean slate is kind of awesome.

Last edited:
Pokemon would be the obvious one here, because it's a colorful and interesting world, and just having one Pokemon live alongside you would be fascinating. It's also a world that encourages exploration as opposed to settling into a structured life style. The kind of world you'd want to be in for a great sense of freedom, y'know?

Personally, I think Yu-Gi-Oh would be a fun world to live in. I mean, it's a world where a card game enhanced by advanced technology can be used to solve practically every problem, and said card game seems to be the equivalent of a world renown sport (to the point where you can play it on freaking motorcycles!). That'd likely be the one I'd choose if I had to pick just one, simply because I think I'd manage just fine in that particular setting.

Honestly, there aren't many others that I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe the world of Boku no Hero Academia or One Punch Man if I wanted to see and experience some really bizarre stuff (although with just how often things blow up in those anime, I don't think my life expectancy would be very high in either of them, although more so with OPM).

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I absolutely love the world of Soul Eater. It's so fun and colorful, I would love being in it as either a meister or a weapon~

Though I agree with @Aura in that most of the animes I enjoy, I'd never want to be a part of that world. D.Gray-Man, my all-time favorite, has one of the absolute worlds to live in (your loved one could be an unstoppable killing machine with the soul of their loved one! you could die from being shot by one of these war machines! the organization supposedly saving you from these war machines is full of selfish and self-righteous people who'll do anything to win this so-called "holy war"!). Pokemon, as fun as it would be, feels pretty dangerous from a practical point of view, though I'd honestly still want to try living in it at some point. Madoka is.... well. I sure as hell don't want to turn into a witch. Or die because of a witch. Or anything like that.

Yeah, as complex and beautiful as all the worldbuilding is for many of these animes and mangas, I think I'd stick to my actual world for now XD

Animes are like gladiatorial matches. Fun to watch but God forbid you are in their shoes. Back when I was a kid, I always thought living in the Pokémon world would be so much fun. Upon learning how ferocious Beautifly is I regret thinking of living there. I regret many things. In fact here's a small list of anime worlds that are not so friendly to living beings (series, OVA's and movies counted)

Berserk
Devilman (Mainly the OVA's)
Akame Ga Kill
Elfien Lied
Claymore
Digital Devil Story (If that inspired Shin Megami Tensei, count me out)
Violence Jack
Gurren Lagann
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Shiki
Berserk
Knights of Sidonia
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Psycho Pass
All of the Dragon Ball
Yu-Gi-Oh (If you suck at it)
Bible Black (Yeah I went there)
Berserk
Lucky Star (Could you REALLY stand it in that kind of world?)
Akira
Death Note
High School of the Dead
Overlord (Within the game)
Summer Wars (Has Science gone too far?)
Expelled from Paradise (HAS IT?)
Genocyber
BERSERK!
Hellsing
And most importantly...Higurashi

I guess if there was one anime world worth living in...Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. The most chill memories during supposedly violent periods. Who knows what the future has in store, hopefully more of Bebop, and less of Evangelion.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The world of No Game No Life beckons me. It's a world where every conflict can be solved with a game. Sure this would mean I'd have to get good at the games I'm not so good at real quick to stay on top, but that's just a small price to pay. Even if I did lose occasionally it's still worth it if it means spending my life playing games all day every day. The only opponents I'd stay away from are Sora and Shiro because I know better than to mess with them.