• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Lidios: Region of Water

Tyler, a 16 year old boy from Hoenn, was just eating lunchand watching a champion battle. While eating, Jack's Greninja, which was their father's gift before he left, noticed a mail truck pass by. It left mail, which was strange. Mail never delivered this late. Greninja alerted Tyler. "Hey Jack! Mail's here!"
"Get it then!" His older brother yelled, who was upstairs in bed.
Tyler sighed and stood up and put on some flip-flops by his door. When he opened the door, he was greeted by a large gust of wind, which made him shiver, but he continued walking. After bringing the mail back in, he sat it down and Jack started to read through it.
"Oh, thats unfortunate." He said aloud
"What now, did you miss another payment?" Tyler asked rudely.
"No, Professor Almond has work, but I can't go." He said like it was nothing, but Tyler jumped up.
"Professor Almond?" He yelled. "The Pokemon Professor? What does he want? I can do it!" He grabbed the letter.

Dear Jack,
I have written this to let you know that there is an expedition in the days coming, and I am leading it. Due to your previous help with my Pokemon studies, want to ask you to join me. We shall explore the mysterious Lidios, also called the Region of Water or The flooded Islands. Meet me in the airport of Unova, where you and other trainers will join us.
Professor Almond.

"We have to go!" Tyler said, running to pack.
"We can't, its far too dangerous, we need to stay at home."
"This home? This ''home'' is the worst thing we have, forget the home lets go!" Tyler hesitated. "I can leave with or without you Y'Know."

Tyler stepped outside into the cool Hoenn air. He looked the satchel he carried, he had his clothes, a bit of food and 3 empty pokeballs. He had to figure out a way to get to Unova, but Jack stepped outside and locked the door.
"So it seems im going with you. And, i want to give you something. I was gonna wait untill you were 18, but nows a better time then ever" He pulled out a Pokeball and gave it to Tyler. Tyler instantly recognized it.
"Dad's Greninja!" Tyler smiled and hugged Jack.

The started to head toward the airport in Hoenn.

Lucy and Braixen were sitting in her kitchen when Eevee brang mail. "Oh, thanks Eevee!" Lucy smiled
Eevee jumped on the kitchen table and ate Pechy Berry on from plate.
"Hiro! Mail is here!" Lucy shouted to her brother
"Coming!" Lucy's older brother with Umbreon went in the kitchen. "Oh, Aunt Vanessa's postcard from Unova. She wrote that she enjoy there." Hiro smiled
"Oh look!" Lucy exclaimed "Professor Almond send me a letter!"
"Really?" Hiro asked
"Yeah. Look!" Lucy said and opened letter and read the letter

Dear Lucy,
I have written this to let you know that there is an expedition in the days coming, and I am leading it. Due to your previous help with my Pokemon studies, want to ask you to join me. We shall explore the mysterious Lidios, also called the Region of Water or The flooded Islands. Meet me in the airport of Unova, where you and other trainers will join us.
Professor Almond.

"Wow!" Hiro excliamed "That's awesome! Will you go?" Hiro asked
"Well, yeah! But...will you come with me?" Lucy asked her brother
"Well...sure why not!" Hiro smiled "What do you think Umbreon?" Hiro asked his Pokemon
"Umbre!" Umbreon exclaimed
"Then, let's go and pack!" Hiro said and ran into his room to pack his bag for a journey. Lucy do the same.
"Okay, we are ready." Lucy said to her Pokemon
"We too." Hiro and Umbreon went from Hiro's room
"Then, let's go!" Lucy exclaimed and went outside the house
"First, we need to go to Unova." Hiro said "Professor said in letter that he is waiting for you, I mean us, in Unova airport with other trainers." Hiro said and he and Lucy went with their Pokemon in the Kalos airport.
"Unova is not so far from here." Lucy said and entered the plane

After taking a plane from Hoenn to Unova, Jack and Tyler looked for anybody that could direct them to Professor Almond, but it was crowded. They sat on a bench, hoping everything would calm down eventually, but old, scratchy voice Jack knew and Tyler saw on TV they recognized.
"Jack, look at you, still slacking off. In 7 years, dont tell me you regained your laziness trait, thought we got that one out of you."
"Nice seeing you too." Jack said sarcasticly. Meanwhile Tyler was freaking out. It was a dream come true. He loved Almonds work. Wanted to follow in his footsteps. When Jack left to work with him, he had hoped he could go.
"So why did you create a small you?" Professor Almond joked.
"This is my brother Tyler. He is 16 now."
"That makes you 24 now, am i correct?.
"Yessir, he is." Tyler butted in. "Would you mind if i could get an autograph?" Tyler said, trying not to jump up and down.
"My my, Eager arent we. No wonder your father had his hands full."

Aspen was walking through the crowded airport, her purple backpack slung over her shoulder. She had just arrived in Lidios from her home region of Alola. Her shoulder-length brown hair swished around her shoulders, and the green-eyed girl brushed a curly strand out of her face. Her blue hoodie was tugged by a disturbance in the air behind her; Cinnamon, her Alolan Raichu, was flying around on its surfboard-like tail. On the polished tile floor, Glitter, her Sylveon, walked by Aspen, keeping pace with her black-booted feet. Its feelers were wrapped around the girl's arm, a signature sign of the bond between a Sylveon and a Trainer. Ashley, the Cyndaquil, was on top of Aspen's head. Aspen felt something moving around in her backpack. "Zzt, it'zz crowded in here!" That would be her Rotom Pokedex, a parting gift from Professor Kukui. He had given her Dex, that was the Rotom's name, to help with her upcoming research with Professor Almond.
"I know," Aspen said sympathetically, "But it was your idea to sleep in there! You're not confined to the backpack or anything, you know!" Dex flew out of the open backpack, knocking a pencil bag loose. Aspen laughed while Cinnamon levitated the bag back into where it was originally intended to be, then zipped the backpack back up. The Rotom Pokedex flew in front of her.
"The time izz eleven thirty," It informed Aspen. She looked at a nearby restaurant-looking place.
"Man, I was just hoping to eat," She complained. But Dex liked to keep a schedule. The Rotom was persistent.
"We should probably find the Profezzzor first," It buzzed, messing up the 's's as usual. Aspen thought back to the entire reason she had come to Lidios.
Dear Aspen,
Professor Almond.

That was what the letter that had arrived at her and Professor Kukui's house had said. The Professor had immediately woken Aspen up. She had taken photos of wild Pokemon and sent them to Professor Almond to study. Professor Kukui explained that he would normally come with, but two new Trainers were arriving to the island. He also had other things to attend to, so he had to stay back. Aspen had been amazed that she was being chosen to go on an expedition to a far-off region, but got over the initial shock quickly and rushed to pack.
Aspen was jolted out of her memories, literally, by a small electric shock from Cinnamon. However, the small current was still able to startle Ashley. The little Cyndaquil jumped off of its Trainer's head with a squeak of surprise and ran off. "Ashley! Wait!" Aspen shouted, then took off after it. Her Pokemon ran with her, Glitter's ribbons still wrapped tightly around her arm. She swerved around people, saying "Sorry!" And "'Scuse me!" as she ran.
"Thizz izz extremely inconvenient!" Dex complained. Aspen threw him a look.
"Tell me something I don't know," She said sarcastically.
"Ninetalezz are different due to adapting to the mountainouzz areazz of Alola."
"First, I already knew that. And secondly, I was being sarcastic."
They finally found Ashley. It was at a bench, and there were three people there. Aspen ran over and scooped up the Cyndaquil. "I'm so sorry," She began at a fast pace. Then she recognized one of them. "Professor Almond! Alo--Hi!" She greeted the Professor, catching herself saying the traditional Alolan greeting. Aspen mentally slapped herself.

After arriving in the Unova Lucy and Hiro sat on the branch. Suddenly they saw two boys who were talking to, no one other that Professor Almond. "Look there he is!" Lucy exclaimed
"Sis, calm down, we are not the only one here who will travel with him." Hiro said "Come, let's meet with them."
Hiro and Lucy stood up and went to two trainers who were talking with Professor Almond. Their Pokemon followed them
"Hi." Hiro said "I'm Hiro." His Umbreon bowed.
"I'm Lucy. Are you two going to travel with Professor Almond?" Lucy asked two trainers

Aspen smiled at Lucy "Yep. Are you?" She asked. Dex decided to show off. "Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokemon. When darknezz fallz, the ringzz on itzz body begin to glow, striking fear into the heartzz of anyone nearby," It said.

Tyler looked around anxiously, not acknowledging the new trainers, but Jack stared at the Alolan Raichu someone had. "Those, arent they only found in Alola?" He asked. He pulled out a small notebook filled with pokemon names. "Mind i ask a couple of questions?"

Aspen opened her mouth to reply, but Dex flew in front of her face. "Allow me!" It said. "Unlike a Raichu native to zomewhere like Kanto, Alolan Raichu are of the Psychic typing! They-" It was cut off by Aspen grabbing the sides of the square-shaped Pokedex and moving it off to the side.
"Sorry about that," She said. "Dex here likes to show off a bit. Anyways, ask away!" She smiled. "What it said is true, Cinnamon is a Psychic type Pokemon."

"What moves does it know? Where was it caught? Would you say its Psychic powers are better or worse?" Jack said. "Oh and by the way im Jack and I have a notebook full of pokemon information, i never actually got a Dex so this is how my studies go." He held out his hand.
Tyler on the other hand, saw a man in a suit, the logo was a Professor Oak Aid logo. "Hey Jack, I'll be right back" Tyle t said, but Jack was so busy staring at the Raichu, he Didnt pay attention.

Aspen shook Jack's hand. ""I'm Aspen," She introduced herself. Cinnamon flew upwards and performed a flip while Aspen was talking. "It knows Thunderbolt, Psychic, Quick Attack, and Brick Break. And I didn't catch it, it's actually been my partner for as long as I can remember." Cinnamon floated down next to the Trainer, but still levitated on its tail.

Jack wrote down the moves. Tyler, on the other hand, was following the Aid. The Aid was hit my two little girls playing a game and dropped something. He got up angrilly and stormed off. Tyler picked up what he dropped. A card and a book. "Tonderson. His name is Tonderson? No Oak Aids are named Tonderson." He said. He decided to get back to Jack, who still didnt know he left.

Aspen turned to Professor Almond. "So anyways," She said. "Did you get the pictures I sent you?" The day before Professor Kukui had gotten the letter, he and Aspen had gone out. He had been researching the moves of Water Pokemon that lived farther out on the ocean, and Aspen had taken pictures to send to Professor Almond. She got some really great shots of wild Wingull, Wailmer, Horsea, and even a Milotic.

Professor Almond paused. "Pictures? Right!" He said, taking out a folder. He pulled out the pictures and showed them to Aspen. "These, am I Correct?"

"Hi!" Lucy said "We are waiting here for Professor Almond, did you saw him here?" Lucy asked the trainers
"Sis,that's him." Hiro said to Lucy and showed her Professor
"Oh,sorry Professor." Lucy said embarassingly "Uhm,nice to meet you." Lucy said
"Hello, Professor! I'm Hiro. I'm the guy who sent you a picture of my new invetion- MetallicBall and my new invented Robot Doctor." Hiro said to Professor

"My i didn't Expect everyone to respond to my letters and come." He sat The photos down and look through his bag. "I need to organize." He said. "Well there will be three planes out. We are the first plane out. Other trainers and scientists on the second, and supplies on third. We have almost half of a hour until we depart on the first? Understood?"

"Depends if they respond to my letters.but even 3 trainers are enough, 5 is an advantage." He walked to a table. "All right, just a heads up, this is how stuff will work. Lidios used to be a land region, then it sank, so its mountains are islands. MT. Shigo will be our main outpost and where The plane will land. There are two other islands that are known, Semamp Island and Curro Island. We will start studying the area at Curro. We sleep at Shigo, we use boats to get to Curro, Fly to Semamp, the rocks are high at shore to Semamp, it would break the ship. There are more islands out there. Thats our job."
Tyler stood up. "What about food?" He asked, and Jack elbowed him in the ribs.

"Yeah, when and where are we suppose to eat?" Lucy asked confusedly. Her Braixen tilted her head and Eevee looked at Professor like he is talking nonsense
"Professor, should we explore Island sometimes or catch Pokemon?" Lucy asked
"You know how stupid that sound?" Hiro whispered to Lucy

"Pokemon, yes. Thats something about the islands. Pokeballs come on the 3 plane. The islands though, they are something special. In the three we found, they have something that has a power. Each island has a rock. In said rock is writing in a language we dont understand and a color. That color has a meaning, and it also tells you what pokemon stay there. Shigo has a Rock of Water, so does Curro. We havent found a rock on Semamp. The more islands we find, more pokemon. And food," He shot a look at Tyler. "Will be delivered monthly in air drop paid for by other professors as long as we keep working. Now, I dont expect much from you Tyler, so just dont be a Nucience." He said, making Tyler step back a bit awkwardly.

Aspen nodded as she listened to Professor Almond. Her eyes were shining with excitement. "I can't wait!" She said.
Dex gave an annoyed "Zzt," Probably trying to sigh. "We won't have to, estimated waiting time twenty-three minutezz" It said. Aspen and Glitter both looked at it annoyedly.

"So...How long we need to wait to go to the Lidios?" Lucy asked and took deep breath like she is bored. Her Eevee was sleeping in her leap.
"Not too long, I hope so." Hiro said. His Umbreon sat on the branch next to him.

Well planes close, bathroom anyone? Last minuete changes? No? Then you can board." Professor Almond opened the door leading to the plane. Jack and Tyler walked on and looked at the plane. There were three rows of 4 seats on a two by two set up. Tyler sat on the far left, Jack sat on the far right.

Lucy and Hiro followed all in plane. "Wow!" Lucy exclaimed "Is this private plane?" Lucy asked with interest
"Wow, it's pretty awesome!" Hiro said.
Lucy's Pokemon followed her. When Eevee went into plane her eyes sparkled.

Aspen followed everyone. Her Pokemon followed, Ribbon still keeping its feelers wrapped around the girl's arm. Ashley jumped out of her arms and ran ahead, hiding under a seat playfully. Cinnamon let out an exasperated sigh. It used Psychic to get the Cyndaquil out from under the seat. Aspen laughed. "I can already tell that this is going to be a problem," She said, and pulled out her Pokeballs. "Everybody, take a break for the plane ride, mmkay?" She recalled the Pokemon. The only one left out was Dex, not having a Pokeball. Fortunately, Dex was swarming the window, readying itself for takeoff to take some more pictures. Aspen had taken it in and gotten the free PokeFinder app, seeing as she would most likely be taking pictures here.

Tyler rubbed to the Pokeball that held Greninja. He could've told it was his fathers by all the scratches on the small ball. While he was in his book, he saw the book that the 'Tonderson' guy dropped. He opened it up and a message was written in purple ink. "Case Flood?" He whispered. Pages and pages on information on underwater ruins in Lidios. "Maybe I should give this to Prof-" He hesitated. "Ill keep it. Could be helpful." He said and he kept reading.

Aspen put her backpack on her lap and took out her camera. The device was sparkling, almost as if she had never used it. She turned it on, and watched fondly as the screen lit up. The camera had been her trusted companion, bought as a birthday present from Professor Kukui. Aspen set it down, and pulled out a sketchbook and a pencil as well. She pulled up a particularly clear picture of the three Alolan starter Pokemon. Rowlett, Popplio, and Litten. Aspen began to draw them in her sketchbook. This was something she did quite often to kill time. Dex was still at the window. A Swablu flew by, and there was a shutter sound as the bird Pokemon had its picture snapped by the Rotom Pokedex.

Jack looked out through the window and tried to get comfortable. "These chairs are stiff." He said to himself and he looked in his backpack. He pulled out the 'Pokemon Book' and looked through it. Old pen was wearing off surprisingly fast, so he started going over it again, but in a new pen.