• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Learning The Alolan Heat!

Learning the Alolan Heat!

Welcome! My name is Professor Oak, from the Kanto region. You may know me as the founder of the Pokèdex and the live radio station! Well, none of that matters now.

You see, today, I am here to give you a very special opportunity! That is merely an invitation to attend my personal school I'm opening up in the Alolan region! After a long time of discussion and planning, my cousin persuaded me into founding a brand new high school for students to learn the ropes of pokemon!

Available to grades from 9 to 12th, Alola Sun High School is going to be the greatest and most fun environments I've ever been in as I get to teach young souls and future champions the real ways of a pokemon trainer!

If you're reading this, that means YOU were invited to attend! If you would be so kind as to accept the invitation and fill out your information so we can prepare a dorm for you...

That's right!

Students who attend this school will be given a dorm for free due to the funding from the region, and these dorms will be tip-top condition for every person to enjoy with pleasure!

Alola Sun High School - The Educational Star That Shines Bright!

In our campus we have a game room where you can attend nightly gaming sessions with your best friends and show off your pokemon trainer skills in simulated battles!

We have built a large stadium underground for trainers to rent a team of pokemon to battle against another trainer which is available nightly as well. This will be the biggest feature!

For boys and girls who are interested in becoming a co-ordinator: we have a teacher from the Sinnoh Region who hosts classes on the weekends every Saturday and Sunday! So, maybe that will be something you're interested in?

Cooking lessons when it comes to creating Pokè-Puffs or Poffins or even the Alola Special: Pokèbeans! A class will be held every Wednesday night to teach youngsters how to master the art of cooking.

Field trips will be held one every two weeks and could be as advanced as region trips if the funding is good. It all depends on who comes!

So, will you come?

Erm, anyway... Please, reply to our invitation with your information, please. We'll see you when you get here!

Alola Sun High School
Iki Town,
Alola.
Professor Oak~

Character Sheet:
Name:
Backstory:
Physical Description:
Clothing:
Dream:
Pokèmon: (Minimum 1 pokemon - maximum 3)
Positives:
Negatives:
Extra:

Thanks for your submissions! I look forward to seeing you in my school! - Professor Oak.

Rules: No legendaries or mega-evolving pokemon without permission from an administrator. No exceptions.

- No having some OP character who doesn't have flaws of any kind. We all have complications and we aren't perfect.

- Canon characters ARE allowed. I won't put a limit to OC's but only two canon characters are allowed.

- Romance is accepted and almost encouraged. Find yourself a boyfriend or girlfriend... This is highschool, after all! PG-13 at all times.

- Be respectful to the player even if your character isn't the friendly type. It should never go beyond the words in the RP.

- No cursing unless it's justified. I don't want a bunch of F Bombs being dropped on my roleplay though, please.

- No forcing attack hits on another player and DEFINITELY DO NOT CONTROL SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. (Control of Professor Oak is mine, unless I'm unresponsive for a long time!)

- Most importantly, have a great time! I look forward to having you!

---

Character Sheet:
Name: Elena

Backstory: Elena was born in the Alola region and has since grown accustomed to the scorching heat and the tropical weather. When she finished normal pokemon school in the Alola region, She was accepted into the High school where she just began. When she was younger, she was assumed to have a large amount of social anxiety so she doesn't speak to many people.

Physical Description: Elena has flowing blonde hair that is often hard to maintain but she keeps it in a ponytail which is long enough to nearly touch her butt. Her body is pretty slim and petite, and her eyes are an ocean blue similar to a water types hydro pump. Her breasts aren't very large and neither is her butt, but are both far from flat.

Clothing: Elena wears a white t-shirt so she doesn't cook alive during the hot summer days joined with her frost-white short shorts, similar to the trainer "Hilda," where her pockets are exposed under the pants, going down several inches further than her shorts actually stop at. Over her feet she wears black and white canvas shoes with the laces always clean and tied nicely so she doesn't trip over anything.

Dream: Elena dreams to be a professional poffin maker.

Pokèmon: (Minimum 1 pokemon - maximum 3) - Larvitar.

Positives: Elena is very friendly when someone gets to know her and is trained to be able to heal a pokemon quickly while also being a good cook.

Negatives: Elena is very shy, hardly going out of her way to make any sort of friends. While she may be good at these things, She often avoids doing them to new people.

Extra: N/A

Is the school just opened or has it been opened for some time? Since

Name: Simon

Backstory: Simon grew up in Hau'oli city, surrounded by a large, extended family. A trip to the groceries was a family reunion, and that wasn't always a positive thing. With such a big family, conflicts were bound to happen, and Simon was a person who tried to avoid all conflict, being as timid as he was. When he found out that there was a school opening up in Iki town, and that he was the right age for it, Simon subtly tried to let his parents know that he wants to go, since he was never the one to beg. Luckily, his parents caught on, and as a sophomore, Simon hopes he could learn the ways of Pokemon battles.

Positives: always thinks beforehand, and never "goes with the flow", which probably made him a trainer worth of praise. Simon likes to make use of any Pokemon. He would always battle with an odd mix of Pokes, and even if he didn't win, he could at least hold on for some time.

Negatives: outside of battles is another story. Simon is timid, and gets embarrassed when complimented. He can't maintain a conversation with anyone, and has trouble making friends. Still, he's got his Pokemon to make up for that... Is what he keeps saying. But, Simon would wish for someone to ignore his timid and odd exterior, and try to be his friend regardless.

Physical description: Simon is 5'9, and has short, dark brown hair that curls a bit and covers his ears, and blue eyes. His hair is messy and uncombed, and his limbs lanky.

Clothing: Simon has a ton of striped shirts, all in different colors. There is no particular reason he likes stripes, he just does. He wears cargo shorts, usually beige, and sneakers, or if it's too hot, sandals. Simon has a dark green backpack, wich always seems to pack a ton of other things Simon doesn't currently need, but they fit. It's better to stay safe.

Pokemon: Mareanie, Bounsweet, Murkrow.

Dream: Suceed in being a well known trainer, and eventually teach at a school like the one in Iki town.

---

Name: Kira

Backstory: Originally from a rich family in Johto, her parents weren't too keen on sending her to a free school, that all children could take. Her parents wanted Kira to go to the elite Saffron school, but it didn't have the coordinator division Kira wanted to take. With enough of pleading, her parents decided to give in, and Kira felt one step closer to completing her dream the moment she stepped foot in Iki town.

Physical description: Kira is a slim girl, stands at 5'4, and her black hair is always in a neat ponytail. Her bangs cover her forehead, and her brown eyes are always curious, rimmed with long eyelashes. Her smiles seem to light up the room.

Clothing: Kira's clothing consists of bright colored shirts, and high waisted skirts. Her favourite color is yellow, so she usually wears shirts of that color. Kira liked her toes to be free, so sandals are her go-to shoes.

Positives: Kira is, well, a very positive girl, and loves making friends. She always tries to make others see the light in a dark situtation. She's also a very go with the flow gal (take it positively or negatively), and wishes for others to relax more.

Negatives: Kira is naive, and her friendly attitude may make her seem as a push-over. She rarely thinks about her actions before doing them.

Pokemon: Seel and Magby

Dream: coordinator

Well, I suppose a nice cup of RPing won’t hurt.

Name: Her name is Evelyn Styr.
Backstory: Evelyn lived in Unova for most of her childhood, as her Axew wanted her to catch him after caring for him and carefully treating his injuries with the help of his trainer’s mother. Evelyn decided to travel to Aloha at the age of 14 in hopes that she can have her Axew spend more time outside with her and hopefully have him improve on his social skills. She decided to enroll in the high school after her parents wanted her to accept the invitation in order to allow her Pokémon to hone upon their ways of communication.
Physical Description: Evelyn is roughly about 5'4", has mild skin tone, blue eyes and a skinny build. She has curly eyebrows while having a small patch of faint freckles on her nose.
Clothing: Evelyn has on a red beanie, while the pom-pom on top is a light, nightly black. She wears a short-sleeved, gray sweetheart neck shirt and short-sleeved, white Bermuda shorts. She sports powder white converse shoes with short, snow white socks and has on a garnet red duffel bag around her right shoulder. The bag carries various items, ranging from basic necessities to personal items for the use of herself and her Pokémon. A part of the bag can unfold into a sling with minimal effort to allow small Pokémon to be carried around.
Personality: Evelyn is calm, collective and ready to take on almost any situation that presents themselves in front of her. She tends to be the listener in most conversations, before making her move in the exchanging of various dialogues. Although she may spoil her Axew from time to time, she still attempts to encourage her Axew to interact with others instead of having him lie in his crib all day with his plush toys.
Dream: She wants to become a counselor and have her Axew able to socialize with others more easily.
Pokémon: She has an Axew. (See below for more information.)
Positives: She is able to calm other Pokémon with more ease than others while also having a friendly nature that enables her to reach out to the young.
Negatives: Her Axew sometimes ends up dictating her decisions since she tends to be overprotective of him. She does not have a lot of battling experience as a result of her Axew being unable to battle for various reasons.
Extra: She has a special Pokédex from Unova that was modified with the added ability to track a Pokémon's weak points, type affinities and their current condition. (Though the data will initially be vague from the first scan, as multiple scans are required to give more detailed information.)

Name: His name is Aidan.
Species: He is an Axew.
Appearance: Aside from Aidan looking like your normal, everyday Axew except for being only a little over half the size of a typical Axew, he wears a pearl white, short-sleeved onesie to assist his small body in protection against the elements. He carries around a cloud white rattle, as it has a spherical top with two yellow stars on opposite sides. The somewhat thick handle allows for a comfortable grip for younger Pokémon. He also wears daisy white mittens and socks, while the top area of his head is snugly wrapped in several layers of crepe bandaging. (Though his horn is not covered in the bandaging, as the area around his horn is however.)
Personality: Aidan is described from his trainer to be a bashful, reticent Pokémon that is easily startled from loud noises or sudden disturbances. He is a huge crybaby, as he detests being even a minute away from his trainer. He has a hard time socializing with others, since the only means of communication he knows is by either crying out to his trainer or attempting to play a round of charades in hopes that his trainer guesses correctly on the first try. It is almost impossible for him to play the simplest social games with others, since memorization of the rules is something he needs to work on, and having his trainer playing peekaboo with him often leads to a good half hour of him flooding the ground with his tears.
Other: He has a very small variety of foods and drinks that he likes.

So if you don't mind I'm just gonna... leave this here like the big gate crasher I am. OuO Anythin' you need me to change, I'm all ears!

Character Sheet:

Name: Rei Ito

Backstory: Rei is a girl of unusual circumstance. She recounts living an affluent life in Sinnoh, but could not tell you the address or city. She recalls going to school and getting a hard time off fellow students, but goes quiet when asked which school that was. She remembers playing by the water-side, near windmills. She can't quite figure out what happened next. Prior to invitation, young Rei lived with a kindly old woman in Malie City, affectionately referred to as her Grandmother.

Physical Description: Rei is pale, relatively tall, or lanky at 5'8, and petitely curved. She has dark, peculiar, and eggplant coloured eyes that hold a blunt, sleepy shape. They tend to seem unfocused, or dreamy in their gaze. She has long, healthy black hair tied into two thick braids and bangs that almost fall to her eyes. She has poor posture, and often slouches when sitting or talking to inevitably smaller people.

Clothing: Rei dresses, to put it politely, a bit like an old timer. She wears thick, indigo turtle-necks, long sleeved shirts with sleeve-less vests on top. Long, sometimes ankle-length skirts and sensible strap-shoes are often worn, and her wardrobe seems to be permenantly black or some shade of purple. The Alolan heat is harsh on her worrying sense of fashion, but it is a burden she must carry.

Dream: Rei is a little like a jellyfish, in that she floats wherever life takes her. However, she does seem interested in becoming a Gym Leader, somehow. Secretly, she'd rather be a witch and live in a scary house, but...

Pokèmon: A female Drifloon, named Tama.

Positives: Rei is an odd girl, and therefor, does not readily judge others for their quirks. She is introverted but is not shy, allowing her a good deal of scope with her actions and others. Despite her quiet, almost dull attitude, she has shown bursts of playfulness and holds a very eccentric mannerism at times.

Negatives: Rei is passive and lacks true drive and direction of her life. Often times, she can be down-right lazy and ignores glaring problems, dependently awaiting someone else to deal with them. She is impractical in how she approaches problems, ones she is forced to solve, and acts quite aloof.

Extra: She feels drawn to abandoned buildings and has a large guide on haunted-houses around the world.

Is the school just opened or has it been opened for some time? Since

Name: Simon

Backstory: Simon grew up in Hau'oli city, surrounded by a large, extended family. A trip to the groceries was a family reunion, and that wasn't always a positive thing. With such a big family, conflicts were bound to happen, and Simon was a person who tried to avoid all conflict, being as timid as he was. When he found out that there was a school opening up in Iki town, and that he was the right age for it, Simon subtly tried to let his parents know that he wants to go, since he was never the one to beg. Luckily, his parents caught on, and as a sophomore, Simon hopes he could learn the ways of Pokemon battles.

Positives: always thinks beforehand, and never "goes with the flow", which probably made him a trainer worth of praise. Simon likes to make use of any Pokemon. He would always battle with an odd mix of Pokes, and even if he didn't win, he could at least hold on for some time.

Negatives: outside of battles is another story. Simon is timid, and gets embarrassed when complimented. He can't maintain a conversation with anyone, and has trouble making friends. Still, he's got his Pokemon to make up for that... Is what he keeps saying. But, Simon would wish for someone to ignore his timid and odd exterior, and try to be his friend regardless.

Physical description: Simon is 5'9, and has short, dark brown hair that curls a bit and covers his ears, and blue eyes. His hair is messy and uncombed, and his limbs lanky.

Clothing: Simon has a ton of striped shirts, all in different colors. There is no particular reason he likes stripes, he just does. He wears cargo shorts, usually beige, and sneakers, or if it's too hot, sandals. Simon has a dark green backpack, wich always seems to pack a ton of other things Simon doesn't currently need, but they fit. It's better to stay safe.

Pokemon: Mareanie, Bounsweet, Murkrow.

Dream: Suceed in being a well known trainer, and eventually teach at a school like the one in Iki town.

---

Name: Kira

Backstory: Originally from a rich family in Johto, her parents weren't too keen on sending her to a free school, that all children could take. Her parents wanted Kira to go to the elite Saffron school, but it didn't have the coordinator division Kira wanted to take. With enough of pleading, her parents decided to give in, and Kira felt one step closer to completing her dream the moment she stepped foot in Iki town.

Physical description: Kira is a slim girl, stands at 5'4, and her black hair is always in a neat ponytail. Her bangs cover her forehead, and her brown eyes are always curious, rimmed with long eyelashes. Her smiles seem to light up the room.

Clothing: Kira's clothing consists of bright colored shirts, and high waisted skirts. Her favourite color is yellow, so she usually wears shirts of that color. Kira liked her toes to be free, so sandals are her go-to shoes.

Positives: Kira is, well, a very positive girl, and loves making friends. She always tries to make others see the light in a dark situtation. She's also a very go with the flow gal (take it positively or negatively), and wishes for others to relax more.

Negatives: Kira is naive, and her friendly attitude may make her seem as a push-over. She rarely thinks about her actions before doing them.

Pokemon: Seel and Magby

Dream: coordinator
It's JUST opening! So, I hope that makes sense xD

You're accepted! I'll let you know when I start the RP Thread!

Well, I suppose a nice cup of RPing won’t hurt.

Name: Her name is Evelyn Styr.
Backstory: Evelyn lived in Unova for most of her childhood, as her Axew wanted her to catch him after caring for him and carefully treating his injuries with the help of his trainer’s mother. Evelyn decided to travel to Aloha at the age of 14 in hopes that she can have her Axew spend more time outside with her and hopefully have him improve on his social skills. She decided to enroll in the high school after her parents wanted her to accept the invitation in order to allow her Pokémon to hone upon their ways of communication.
Physical Description: Evelyn is roughly about 5'4", has mild skin tone, blue eyes and a skinny build. She has curly eyebrows while having a small patch of faint freckles on her nose.
Clothing: Evelyn has on a red beanie, while the pom-pom on top is a light, nightly black. She wears a short-sleeved, gray sweetheart neck shirt and short-sleeved, white Bermuda shorts. She sports powder white converse shoes with short, snow white socks and has on a garnet red duffel bag around her right shoulder. The bag carries various items, ranging from basic necessities to personal items for the use of herself and her Pokémon. A part of the bag can unfold into a sling with minimal effort to allow small Pokémon to be carried around.
Personality: Evelyn is calm, collective and ready to take on almost any situation that presents themselves in front of her. She tends to be the listener in most conversations, before making her move in the exchanging of various dialogues. Although she may spoil her Axew from time to time, she still attempts to encourage her Axew to interact with others instead of having him lie in his crib all day with his plush toys.
Dream: She wants to become a counselor and have her Axew able to socialize with others more easily.
Pokémon: She has an Axew. (See below for more information.)
Positives: She is able to calm other Pokémon with more ease than others while also having a friendly nature that enables her to reach out to the young.
Negatives: Her Axew sometimes ends up dictating her decisions since she tends to be overprotective of him. She does not have a lot of battling experience as a result of her Axew being unable to battle for various reasons.
Extra: She has a special Pokédex from Unova that was modified with the added ability to track a Pokémon's weak points, type affinities and their current condition. (Though the data will initially be vague from the first scan, as multiple scans are required to give more detailed information.)

Name: His name is Aidan.
Species: He is an Axew.
Appearance: Aside from Aidan looking like your normal, everyday Axew except for being only a little over half the size of a typical Axew, he wears a pearl white, short-sleeved onesie to assist his small body in protection against the elements. He carries around a cloud white rattle, as it has a spherical top with two yellow stars on opposite sides. The somewhat thick handle allows for a comfortable grip for younger Pokémon. He also wears daisy white mittens and socks, while the top area of his head is snugly wrapped in several layers of crepe bandaging. (Though his horn is not covered in the bandaging, as the area around his horn is however.)
Personality: Aidan is described from his trainer to be a bashful, reticent Pokémon that is easily startled from loud noises or sudden disturbances. He is a huge crybaby, as he detests being even a minute away from his trainer. He has a hard time socializing with others, since the only means of communication he knows is by either crying out to his trainer or attempting to play a round of charades in hopes that his trainer guesses correctly on the first try. It is almost impossible for him to play the simplest social games with others, since memorization of the rules is something he needs to work on, and having his trainer playing peekaboo with him often leads to a good half hour of him flooding the ground with his tears.
Other: He has a very small variety of foods and drinks that he likes.
I really like your character! You're accepted!

So if you don't mind I'm just gonna... leave this here like the big gate crasher I am. OuO Anythin' you need me to change, I'm all ears!

Character Sheet:

Name: Rei Ito

Backstory: Rei is a girl of unusual circumstance. She recounts living an affluent life in Sinnoh, but could not tell you the address or city. She recalls going to school and getting a hard time off fellow students, but goes quiet when asked which school that was. She remembers playing by the water-side, near windmills. She can't quite figure out what happened next. Prior to invitation, young Rei lived with a kindly old woman in Malie City, affectionately referred to as her Grandmother.

Physical Description: Rei is pale, relatively tall, or lanky at 5'8, and petitely curved. She has dark, peculiar, and eggplant coloured eyes that hold a blunt, sleepy shape. They tend to seem unfocused, or dreamy in their gaze. She has long, healthy black hair tied into two thick braids and bangs that almost fall to her eyes. She has poor posture, and often slouches when sitting or talking to inevitably smaller people.

Clothing: Rei dresses, to put it politely, a bit like an old timer. She wears thick, indigo turtle-necks, long sleeved shirts with sleeve-less vests on top. Long, sometimes ankle-length skirts and sensible strap-shoes are often worn, and her wardrobe seems to be permenantly black or some shade of purple. The Alolan heat is harsh on her worrying sense of fashion, but it is a burden she must carry.

Dream: Rei is a little like a jellyfish, in that she floats wherever life takes her. However, she does seem interested in becoming a Gym Leader, somehow. Secretly, she'd rather be a witch and live in a scary house, but...

Pokèmon: A female Drifloon, named Tama.

Positives: Rei is an odd girl, and therefor, does not readily judge others for their quirks. She is introverted but is not shy, allowing her a good deal of scope with her actions and others. Despite her quiet, almost dull attitude, she has shown bursts of playfulness and holds a very eccentric mannerism at times.

Negatives: Rei is passive and lacks true drive and direction of her life. Often times, she can be down-right lazy and ignores glaring problems, dependently awaiting someone else to deal with them. She is impractical in how she approaches problems, ones she is forced to solve, and acts quite aloof.

Extra: She feels drawn to abandoned buildings and has a large guide on haunted-houses around the world.
I ALSO really like your unique character! I look forward to seeing your character in the RP when the thread is posted!

todoroki

Previously gamora
Character Sheet:
Name: Tino
Backstory: Valentino Bosco grew up more than wealthy. His parents owned several golf courses in Alola. They faced controversy due to the fact that the beautiful land is being wasted on a sport for rich old people. His relationship with his parents was strained- not necessarily because they did anything atrocious to him, they just were busy at work all the time and didn't really know how to speak to each other when all of them were at home. Valentino's nanny was the cousin of Champion Cynthia of the Kanto region. She told Tino of the dragon type Pokemon in Sinnoh, and of the battles she had with Cynthia growing up. When his parents paid their way into getting him into the school, via donating to the school so that he could go and not be a worry for them, his nanny gave him a Gible to take along with him on the journey.
Physical Description: Tino has brown eyes and thin lips that are typically in a resentful frown. His jet black hair is gelled up and swept back, but usually a couple strands dangle in one place near his right eye. His skin has so few marks or blemishes, that you'd think he uses Cinccino oil. He does. He's 6'1 and weighs 140 lbs.
Clothing: Tino dresses in expensive clothing. He wears a grey-blue blazer over a button up white shirt, black formal pants and red loafers.
Dream: To become more wealthy and famous than his father.
Pokèmon: Gible (M), Murkrow (M)
Positives:
- Softie at heart
- Not quite as mean as he looks
Negatives:
- Judgy
- Capitalist
- Naïve
Extra: Oh yeah, his dads connected to Giovanni and he has several ties to Team Rocket as well as connections on the inside of other villainous teams, save for Team Skull.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker Bell

Backstory: Parker grew up in Canalave City, he spent most of his life in the city and always wanted to explore other places. His uncle owned a fishing boat and he spent a lot of time out on the ocean, but the majority of his time was spent in the Canalave library. He liked reading books about the folklore of Sinnoh, but what he really liked was reading about Pokemon. Because of the way he grew up, Parker is a lonely and somewhat closed off person. He always wanted to explore outside of Canalave, and when he overheard talk about a new school in Alola he jumped on the chance. You have to seriously make efforts to get close to him. Introverted, but not shy or scared, he's a somewhat quiet, logical, and loyal person.

Physical Description: Parker is 5'9'' with a fair build, somewhat muscular and not fat or skinny. His hair is medium length and pitch black, he sweeps it over to keep it out of his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, they are a deep dark brown with lines of black thrown in.

Clothing: Parker dresses dark, with a mostly casual style. A typical outfit consists of a black jacket over a red t-shirt, black denim jeans and red shoes to match his shirt. Most importantly, he wears a pair of black eyeglasses as he practically can't see without them.

Dream: Doesn't have one yet, but has thought about being the first Dark type gym leader.

Pokèmon: Pawniard (Partner Pokemon) and Houndoor

Positives:
-Logical
-Caring
-Loyal
-Weak to anything romantic

Negatives:
-Somewhat cold
-Hard to get to know
-Pessimist

Extra: Extensive research in Canalave library has given him vast knowledge of Pokemon. Also prefers to be in the dark or dim light, likes doing things during the night more than the day.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
By the way, @Noi I love the lore in your character's backstory! Never seen anybody actually use the Drifloon Pokedex entry as a backstory, but you made it work so well!

@Top_Smug_ Ahhh thank you very much! I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, but I thought it could be fun! I love Parkers' aesthetics and team! I hope he becomes a great Dark-Type user! :D He really suits it!