• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Krazed's, lovely jubblies.

Hey there, folks. Krazed here with a sprite topic. I'm BRAND new to this here Pokey style of spriting. So bear with me. :3

Lets beign, with my first to last try.

Krazed:
6fq5bpx.gif

My first try, oi vey. Not very proud of this one.

Organization:
6771cna.gif

For some reason, I really like these. Simple, yet effective.

First try, Karl (Me):
6627ukk.gif

First, try at a pokemon style version of the real me. Not to bad, but not great.

Koal:
6fzisrt.gif

A gift, I made for a friend.

Better, Karl:
6cx0wgl.gif

Now, I like this one. I'm proud of this. : D

Zora:
62fwo6g.gif

I made, this for a trade. So I could get a Skarmory egg early on in Pearl.

Is that it? Oh wait!

4xy6c5h.gif

My own personall signature design, complete with up to date badges and pokémon.

I would, be greateful if I recive Critique.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Gasp!- You show much potential! :)

You shade, and that's a wonderful [size=5pt]((but rare))[/size] thing to see amongst the newer spriters. I can already see some unique things you're doing in your sprites - such as how you create hair, which means your developing a personal style early on, and that's awesome.

I very much so like the trainer card, especially how the boxes that hold the Poke'mon look like their [size=14pt]popping[/size] out.

Keep up with the good start ~ heaven knows we need more people who know how to shade. [glow=dodgerblue,2,300]​

@Nachoman: Thanklies, dude.

@Spriteon: Wow, what do I say. ^. ^;;
All I can think of, is a HUGE thanks. If I need any helps, I will definately contact you. Now for cyber hug! *Glomp*

Kisoutengai Pokédex!
503cmpu.gif

Pokédex information.

6au3b48.gif

Pokédex Coloured.

4r2bt4y.gif

Top two, pure black outline, bottom two coloured outline.
This is the Pokédex design for a project, on another site.

::gaspage::

;D Lovely job.

And I love the hair. LOVE IT XD.

the last sprite... The hair is too 'unnatural' looking. yeah, I know it's dyed hair, but make the blue a little less strong and you would of hit the spot XD

Thankies, I like my Karls hair too. It came out awesome. On, about the blue haired dude. Yeah, its not to great, but hey. Its what the dude wanted. He wanted based off of his, Sonic style character so ya know. :E

*Glomp* Thanks. :3

Paint, its pretty much. If not all you need to sprite. Photoshop like programs, are for shiny images, colouring in scanned pictures, effects in comics and many other things. Though whilse its comes to spriting, its just to fiddly. :3

Yeah, I was just wondering. I find it a little easier to manipulate colors into what I want in Photoshop, but I don"t own it and I like paint just the same.

I need Photoshop though DX

Meh, I know a nice thing to replace photoshop. Its called, Paint.NET. You guys should look it up.
It has ALOT, of stuff and has mods etc. :3

Karl Overworld. (My pure smexy.)

4pa48ko.gif

Kisoutengai Pokédex visual update.

4tipa9v.gif

Now with side view. : D​

Yeeee! Chibi Karl. : D

Well, DEX's are based on stuffs. O:

But, mine just accidently came out like that. Darn it. : E

'Accidently', ey?

I USE MY PHOENIX WRIGHT POWERS ON YOU AND SUE YOU FOR COPYWRIGHT INFRINGEMENT XD

[size=20pt]OBJECTION![/size]

Well, my overworld Karl, is being made for a project. This whole new region thing on another site. So a Zora one is most unlikely. Sorry. ^. ^;;

Oh, awww...

You didn't specify this in the first post, so I'll ask you.

Are you taking any requests? Just for the record.

Kisoutengai Pokédex!

And I was wondering, does Kisoutengai have any real meaning? Or is it just a name?

Nupe sorries. Me no wanna take requests. I gots my hands full just for designs on the project. : E

My friend has that for his regions name, it means Bizarre. : D

In japanese, right?

And you might want to put 'no requests' in the first post before you get more questions about requests. It saves a lot of time ;D

Hakumei Pokédex info.

5xneglf.gif

Hakumei Pokédex.

4rc7jpz.gif

Well, my first DEX was such a succes on the forum with the project. I was asked to make another. So I did. :3
Darnit, my faveourite repliers been banned. : E

You're very good at designing those little contraptions, and the small detail is impressive to say the least. It's also pretty nice that you add descriptions about features and so forth so all in all it's great.

Something new ya'll. This time its not Pokémon related. O:

Sonic Karl style.
4opi2hk.gif

So dudes, and dudette's. What cha think? Yes, I am well aware it has no arms. I'm stuck thar. : E
Also, made from scratch.​

It's got good shape, but I don't understand why you posted complete version of the incomplete sprite. Why not just wait until you did get the arms down?

Because, I'll never can't the arms/hands done. I can't draw them in real life, so spriting them is outta the questiong. : E

My advice dude is to try them anyways. Even if they look like crap, you'll *hopefully* take away something from it. Maybe you'll figure out that an angle is wrong or etc. You can't get better unless you try. /cliche

...I know that, I got about 6 tries with arms and hands, and they all looke like urhmm. Well they look bad, lets elave it at that. I won't give up, no. Thats outta the question. Just they shall never be good.