• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto league tournament (Next Gen)

Character Bio's and OOC chatter goes here:https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-kanto-league-tournament-next-gen-discussion.15315/
James filled out his registration papers. He was ready for this tournament. His training on the Sevii islands, and collecting the gym badges here prepared him for this. He walked out of the center as the cold and crisp air of Viridian city poured into his lungs. He watched as other trainers walked into the center. He wondered if he would become friends with any of these guys.

Last edited:
Lucy rode on her Arcanine in Viridian City. She saw a boy who was standing in front of center. She came to him. "Arcanine, stop." Lucy said and Arcanine stopped next to the boy. "Hey, do yo know where the League registrations are?" Lucy asked and jumped from Arcanine with Eevee on her shoulder.

James looked at the girl that was riding an Arcanine. " In the center to the left." He said. " You'll see a tournament official there." He said.

"Okay, thanks." Lucy said "Archie, you stay here. I'll be fast." Lucy said and entered the center. She found the registration room and filled the form. Soon she and her Eevee went outside. "See I told you I'll be fast." Lucy smiled and petted her Arcanine.

Rex

Resident Furry
He'd been around the region at least twice now. He had seen and done just about everything there was to see and do in Kanto. So, Isaac supposed, as he walked into Viridian City that day, the only thing left to do was try at the Championship, and then get the hell out of Kanto. Really, he was only doing this to say that he had, another feather for his cap. The boy couldn't imagine winning the whole thing and unseating Lance. It'd be the worst possible fate he could think of, full of being shunted between exhibition matches and representing the Indigo League in official events, just waiting for some random off the street to come and unseat him. Being able to move to Johto, where the air was cleaner and he didn't have to worry about being blindsided by sentient toxic ooze or balls of poisonous gas, was a slight consolation. The two regions shared a league, no reason he couldn't avoid the Kanto half of it until he was dragged back to the Indigo Plateau again. Regardless, it was a boring existence he certainly didn't want for himself.

He would be trying his hardest to win it nonetheless, however. He had earned the respect of his Pokemon through hard work and dedication, and he wasn't about to shirk the league tournament just because he didn't want the prize. The Pokemon that had brought him all this way at least deserved the glory of giving it their all among the best and brightest Trainers the region had to offer, and if they didn't make it all the way, it would be because they'd been beaten fairly by a superior team, not because their own Trainer decided not to give it his all. So, he steeled his nerves, marched into the local Pokemon Center, and filled out all the necessary paperwork.

"I know you guys won't let me down," he said, with a small smile, turning to the Pokemon next to him. Like many trainers, Isaac often walked with his Pokemon. Usually, as it was currently, the Pokemon was his Starter, the Charmeleon Joseph. His first and most loyal Pokemon, though its sense of pride prevented it from evolving to its final form, and thus limited its overall strength compared to the fully evolved members of Isaac's roster. "I doubt you could if you tried." They'd made it so far, after all. Collecting all eight Gym Badges was no small thing in itself.

Not waiting to hold up the line, and not presently needing the center's services, Isaac stepped out of the building, his Charmeleon following behind him. He dodged around a girl and her Arcanine - Thomas would be the obvious answer to that, if he faced it in the tournament, though Marshall and Alfred could also do serious damage to a Fire Type; Isaac was in the big leagues now, he needed to plan ahead accordingly. The more he could dominate the field of battle, the better. For now, he took a seat on a nearby bench, and studied the people and Pokemon around him. He suspected that that was what everyone else would be doing. After all, everyone here was a potential opponent.

James watched carefully as he saw every one who came in and out of the center. each one of these guys might become his opponent. His eyes locked on a man around his age he seemed to have a charmeleon as one of his tem members. 'This guy seem's interesting.' he thought

He yawned as he decided to the local burger joint in town. As he walked he thought about everything that could happen and smiled. He can win this if anything he does have a home town advantage. He walked through the streets of the familiar town until he reached the burger joint. He ordered his meal and sat down.

He threw his poke balls to reveal a Poliwhirl, Magmar, Hitmonlee, Aerodactle, Victreebell, Alakazam. He pulled out a few meals for them. "Eat up guys." He said. "Tomorrow we start the fight of our lives."

"Relax Charizard." Corey told his Charizard as it cooled down. "I know you're anxious for battle, but you have to wait just a little longer." Corey told him. Charizard nodded before Corey returned it to it's pokeball. He had already signed up earlier so he was just doing some extra training at the public battlefield. It was empty since most people were getting ready for tomorrow. His plan was to go get something to eat and then get a good rest.

As he walked through town, he saw burger joint joint and decided to check it out. He walked and gave his order. After he took his seat, then he noticed who was also in there. It was James with his Pokemon. He was about to exit but realized he had already ordered his food. It looked like he was going to have to stay in there with the rival trainer for the time being.

James ate one of his fries. Polio was puling on his sleeve. "What's wrong boy." He said wondering what got into his pokemon. He turned around and saw Corey sitting there. " I be damned." He said. His rival from his time in the Sevii islands. "What's a matter couldn't find anymore pokemon to steal?" James said looking at the guy.

"You little fucker." Corey muttered under his breath. He looked around and it didn't seem like the right place to start anything. Then he looked back James and smirked. "I don't need to steal Pokemon to beat you!" He told James.

" Oh so your not going to use that charizard you have." James said looking at the man. He took a drink of his soda as he went back to eating with his team. James kept eating as he saw the viridian city gym leader walk towards the burger joint. The man had a severely injured face with an eye patch over his left eye. He walked with a cane. James turned his head away from the man. The man noticed it and just kept walking.
"James." He said as he passed the boy.
"Andrew." James said.

Corey watched closely the little exchange between James and the gym leader. 'No respect.' Corey thought as he saw the way James acted towards the old man. Corey stood up and walked over to Andrew. "Hey Andrew. You remember me right? I challenged this gym a while ago. If you need help with anything, just let me know." Corey told him with the utmost respect for Andrew.

Tailon

Gryffindork
A great orange dragon dove from the skies above Viridian City, landing with a triumphant pose and a spread of her wings outside the Pokémon Center. As the energy construct of Fly faded to reveal a Charizard, a sharply dressed young man hopped from her back, landing smoothly and returning her to her Poké Ball in a clearly rehearsed motion.

Marcus grinned the whole way as he sauntered through the crowded Center to the room where registrations were being taken. As a trainer, he was always excited by a new tournament, a new opportunity to show his skill as a holder of all 8 of Kanto's Gym Badges. Marcus quickly grabbed a clipboard and began filling out the usual forms on automatic while he scanned the crowd.

Spotting sometime he recognized, Marcus ambled over to another man around his age, wearing stained old fatigues and a hat very similar to his, minus the pocket, as ever, and clapped him on that back.

"Isaac!" Marcus said, "It's been a minute, how's that Machamp of yours been?"

Rex

Resident Furry
A pat on the back derailed Isaac's train of thought and lurched him forward momentarily. One he regained his balance and looked up at the man standing beside him, his eyes widened. Oh shit, blue hair and eyes, bronze skin, features bordering on beautiful, Isaac would recognize this man anywhere.

"Mark! Finally decided to finish up your own league challenge I see?" Isaac grinned at the man, "Cyril's doing great, but then, when your favorite past time is punching things and you get an extra set of arms to do that with, I imagine this is his form of heaven. Have a seat, take a load off."

The younger trainer patted the seat next to him, Joseph having hopped off when Marcus approached. The two Trainers had run into each other multiple times over their respective journeys, and upon their last parting had helped each other with a Trade Evolution. Isaac's Machoke, Cyril, and Marcus' Haunter, Kira, had both benefited from the exchange. Incidentally, they had both ended up with Charmander as a starter as well, though Marcus' Celeste had gone all the way to Charizard, while his Joseph still refused.

"That ghost of yours still as terrifying as ever?" he asked, still grinning, "You know, looking at all these kids, I was beginning to feel old. You being here really takes the edge off."

Lily arrived at the regitrastion center and filled outvuer papers quietly. She was given a key to her room. The recptionist smiled and said," Good Luck." Lily responded by saying," Yeah, I'm gonna need it."

Lily quietly walked toward the elvator and pushed the 3 floor button. She waited for the elevator to come out and started to nod off.

Tailon

Gryffindork
"Kira has picked up some...new talents, you could say, since the last time we met," Marcus replied with a mischievous grin that echoed the Pokémon they spoke of, "And I know what you mean, all these kids think they're ready to challenge the big leagues 'cause they picked up a few badges and maybe raised a Starter Pokémon semi-competently. But then hey, how long ago was that us? Have you eaten anything yet? I spotted a little burger joint not far," he said finally, finishing up the last of the forms and standing up.

Rex

Resident Furry
"Arceus don't remind me," Isaac rolled his eyes goodnaturedly, "I was an excitable splurg back then too. It's probably for the best that I mellowed out before trying the league."

He stood up and stretched, then returned Joseph to his Pokeball. The Trainer doubted the staff at the burger joint Marcus mentioned would appreciate an open flame like the one on a Charmeleon's tail waving around their establishment. Pokemon Centers were built with Pokemon in mind, and he could get away with it there, but establishments for humans were a different matter. He was pretty hungry, after all, and didn't fancy getting himself kicked out, or doing anything else that wouldn't endear him to the staff.

"Food sounds good," he confirmed, "I've just been sitting here sizing up the competition."

The restaurant Marcus lead them to had a small town air to it, Isaac thought. It was the kind of place you might not notice where you weren't looking for it. Seemed like a lively joint, on the other hand, three humans and no fewer than six Pokemon spread about the place. Isaac would go so far as to classify it as crowded, in fact, which was a tad annoying. It was as if someone had just let out their entire team at once, without a care in the world for how that would effect the people around them.

That got him wondering if this actually was someone's entire team. He'd take the time to study them, but that would have been rude to Marcus. Isaac certainly didn't want to ignore his old friend. So, he ordered his sandwich - heavy on the meat and cheese without a vegetable or sauce in sight - and took a seat at a booth as far away from the crowd as possible.

"It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far," Isaac said, continuing his earlier thought, "Now that you're here, I'm starting to actually worry about my chances."

Drew looked at the young boy. " I don't need help." He said. "But, if I do you'll be the first to know." He said as he started to walk to one of the seats he sat down and rested his cane on the table. " Hey Jimmy, you should put your pokemon back in their balls." He said. He swore he heard his son grumble before hearing the sound of pokemon returning to their balls. He looked at the menu and ordered his meal.

"I'll come to your aid whenever you need it sir." Corey responded as he watched him sit down. Then he listened to the next interaction between James and Drew. He chuckled a bit when he heard Drew call him Jimmy. Then he watched as James was forced to return his Pokemon after grumbling a bit. "Listen to Daddy!" Corey exclaimed, grinning afterwards.

" You shut up." James said. " You no good thief." He said as he at another fry. " Anyways Corey how has your time in Kanto been." He said. Trying to pass an olive branch to the boy.

Drew had to chuckle at their spat. It reminded him of an old friend of his way back when. He noticed as two other trainers entered the restaurant. He raised his glass to them. He new both of them were good trainers and wondered how they would fair against little Jimmy.

"You tell me to shut up and call me a thief and then you ask me how my time in Kanto was!" Corey exclaimed shaking his head. "But anyways, it was decent. How was yours?" He asked finally calming down.

" Alright I guess." He said. " All I did for the last two months was train." He said as he finished his burger. " I got my badges before the sevii islands." He said. "Anyways how's your team doing."

Noah had reached the place that he had trained for so long and hard for. Here is where he will see if the training and hard work he has put in in the last year or so will pay off. Noah entered the registration office with his trusted partner, Cleo the Slowbro by his side and entered himself into the tournament. He felt a small sense of achievement with just merely signing up for the tournament. He walked outside of the registration office and proudly looked up at the sky. They casually strolled down the high street, trying to see what to do in the meantime. Cleo happily followed his master wherever and was more than happy as long as he was by Noah's side.

My team's doing fine. Charizard especially. He has really improved since Sevionta." Corey responded. "My team should be able to win this tournament." Corey told James.

"well there is only one way to find out." He said. He raised his drink towards the thief. "Best of luck to you." He said as he drank.
Drew kept his eye on the two boys. He chuckled a little bit. Kindoff reminded him of another friend. a friend that just up and disappeared. He finished his food as he started to walk out. " See you around Corey." He said remembering the boy's name. He then walked past James. Their relationship never seemed to be right after Drew and his mother split up.

"See you later I guess." Corey said, but had said it too late as Drew had already walked out the door. His food finally arrived and he didn't wait to admire the sight of it before biting into his burger. "Delicious." He said to himself before he took another bite.

Last edited:
Noah then reaches a line of shops and dine in restaurants which are filled with the tourists that have come to spectate the tournament. However, Noah's attention got caught by a couple of people causing a bit of a scene in a burger joint. Noah approached the burger joint, curious to see what was happening but stepped to the side of the entrance as he noticed someone was about to exit.

James drank his drink after toasting to the thief. He ate his remaining food and paid before leaving. He walked around the small shopping center wondering what he might do next. He kept his eyes up as he kept going.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Marcus ordered a patty melt on sourdough and a surprising amount of fries as he and Isaac took their seats.

"I know what you mean," he said, "but I wouldn't underestimate these kids either, there's something to be said for the enthusiasm of youth in a battle."

As the food arrived, Marcus casually dropped several fries into his own shadow, where a toothy, grinning maw opened up to happily accept them.

"Of course, that's not to discount my own team."

Rex

Resident Furry
Isaac hummed. It probably was for the best that Marcus reminded him not to underestimate anyone. They had all made it this far, presumably. There was probably something more to these kids than he originally assumed. Whatever scene had been going on was over now, and it was actually decently quiet inside the restaurant. Still, Isaac regretted not taking the time to examine the Pokemon whatever other trainer had been here was using. It was a rare opportunity to see an entire team at once. He picked up his food and took a bite out of it, before he continued speaking.

"The way I see it, it's all about controlling the field," he said, "They can be as enthusiastic as they want, but if I'm not giving them an inch they can't take a mile."

He'd been entertaining a few possibilities in his mind, the Arcanine he'd seen earlier had gotten him thinking. The idea was still half baked at this point, but if it worked, the results would be fantastic. Best he not talk about it though. Friend or not, he didn't want to give Marcus any undue advantages should they face one another.

"I certainly expect us both to make an impression," he smirked.

Next day.
James made his way to the arena. He smelt the air. He knew that today he would find out just how well he trained his team. he let out a breath and waited for the other competitors to show up

After a peaceful, night rest. Noah made his way out of his hotel and headed to the Battle Arena. Cleo the Slowbro walked beside him as he entered, he made it known that he had arrived, telling the receptionist, so that he could be added to the register and waited for the others to arrive. He noticed that one other trainer had arrived already. Noah approached him and recognized him from yesterday at the burger joint. "Hey...weren't you the one that was part of the commotion at the burger joint yesterday?" Noah asked with his hands out beside him.

"Someone help!" A man yelled as he ran into an alleyway. "Why don't you want my help?" Corey asked in a sinister tone as he walked into the alleyway. The man suddenly stopped running. "Just kidding. I've lured you into my trap!" The man exclaimed before turning around and sending out a Beedrill.

The Beedrill caused Corey stop in his tracks. The man smirked. "Now I got you cornered little boy. I'm going to get a hefty paycheck for this." The man stated. "Actually, if this was last year, I would've you got me." Corey said before he started walking towards the man. "Get back!" The panicked man exclaimed. "Beedrill get him!" He ordered.

Beedrill dashed straight toward Corey. However, Corey didn't flinch. Right before Beedrill got to him, a giant orange dragon Pokemon flew down from the sky, crushing it! The man jumped back as he watched the Charizard pick up the Beedrill, split it in half, threw the pieces in it's mouth. The man watched dumbfounded as Charizard munched on the Beedrill. Corey smirked as he watched turn around and started to run for his life. Before he get out the alleyway, Charizard landed in front of him, blocking the way. The man turned to see Corey walking towards them slowly clapping. "Well I guess I can say look who's backed into a corner now!" Corey stated.

Tailon

Gryffindork
The next morning, Marcus awoke with the sun, leaving his Pokémon Center accommodations for a quick morning run, returning about a half hour later to complete his meticulous morning routine in time to arrive at the cafeteria for breakfast. Today he wore a grey tweed waistcoat over a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a black necktie, with pants matching his waistcoat, as well as his customary hat.

After a light breakfast, Marcus made his way to the arena, where the first round of the tournament was due to take place. A few of his fellow competitors were already there, though he didn't see Isaac or anyone else he might recognize.

Nobody seemed to be up for any conversation so he just sat on a chair by himself. He noticed Marcus enter and so he hoped that this person would at least talk to him. Noah approached him with Cleo by his side. "Hey, are you here for the tournament?" Noah asked, trying to make small chat.

Rex

Resident Furry
Isaac woke up early that morning. He'd taken a room in the Viridian Pokemon Center dorms, and had gone to sleep late yesterday evening, before the last light of day had even disappeared. He spent the morning putting the finishing touches on what he hoped would be his trump card in the upcoming battles over a light breakfast for himself and his Pokemon. Of course, it being his trump card meant he really didn't want to reveal it if he could help it. It would all come down to how the battles of the day went.

Food finished and plans made, the Trainer recalled his Pokemon and made his way to the arena. He still wore the same outfit as yesterday, though he'd washed it overnight so it was clean and ready for the day. Well, clean as it could be, those stains just refused to come out. Marcus was waiting at the arena by the time Isaac got there, a bit overdressed for the occasion, though Isaac couldn't say he was surprised. He approached the older Trainer, light grin on his face.

"So this is it, huh?" Isaac said.

Cayden sat on his Dragonite's back as he watched the Arena, Slowly falling asleep until he heard the sound of a Starmie "Hmm? a note from Felix? , This will be interesting..." Cayden said, Taking the Note from the Starmie and starting to read
"Dear my beloved brother, Cayden Devlin
Our father has asked that we all participate in the Kanto League Tournament, I have no information of why he asked this but none the less, We must listen to our father's orders, I have contacted Sun and Jess about this and was hesitant to write this to you, I presumed you still hadn't beat the 5th gym since our last encounter showed Janine to be too strong for you but I see you have triumphed, How is that Gastly I gave you? It was a good catch and seemed to love you, You'll be excited when your giving your little sibling their first Pokemon, That reminds me, Father also said that Tatsumaki was expecting another, I'm hoping you will give him a suitable Pokemon, A Ralts or Noibat would be perfect, Ill be at Saffron City in a week, Sun and Jess should be loitering around somewhere, Ill see you soon
P.S: I have been told Jess is feeling a bit.... Sad, Find out why if you find her
Love, Felix Devlin"

Cayden closed the letter and gestured his Dragonite to land, He wanted to find some friends or his sister.....

Last edited:
Max walked towards the the arena with a yawn, wishing he had gotten more sleep. He had signed up for the league on a whim, not that he believed his team wasn't ready, he just hadn't thought about competing before now. He looked around to all the other competitors, drawn aback by the shear number of participants of varying ages. "Just another day..." Max said to himself, calming whatever doubt that stirred in his mind. He had trained vigorously with his pokemon to get them where they are now, and they would know if he was nervous. He stretched his arms and yawned again.