• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Just Another Day in Paradise (Discussion)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
In a ravine shielded by towering peaks, there rests a fierce power that warps reality in ways that can barely be discerned. The wolves who reside in this lupine paradise have strange and wondrous qualities, some even possessing part of the Power itself, granting them power over a natural element.

From the most revered pack leader to the skankiest loner, the howls of their ancestors can be heard throughout the starry night. Pack wolf and loner alike are guided by their legacies, each laying claim to their everlasting birthright. The glories of Wolf Valley reign eternal through the raging waters of life.

At least, they did... until they came. The humans. They want the power the wolves possess. And they are willing to go to any lengths to get it.

Well. Been starting roleplays left and right in light of this coronavirus thing, but this one, I’m especially proud of. Hope you liked my little introduction there. Anyways.

Your character will be a wolf of the Valley, one in possession of a fraction of the Power. You don’t have to look like a normal wolf; be any color, have any pattern you like. I welcome creative freedom, so go crazy! All the humans will be NPCs, so once I start the attacks, feel free to write as any of the humans as well as your main wolf character. I’m planning on making two opposing packs, each with ten wolves; anyone who joins after the first twenty will be loners. As for how the qualities go, it can be anything from a physical quality (like wings or a fish tail) to a control over a part of a natural element. You cannot have complete control over an element (i.e. can’t control all plants, just vines or just trees).

Pack 2 is open as well, now. All spots still available when the RP is started will be NPCs, but will be open to be claimed by new RPers.

Pack 1: 2/10 spots available
Alpha: Renwick (@Shadow_Pup)
Beta (essentially second in command): Mozilla (Mozzie or Moz) (@Martin Pine)
Wolf 3: Aqua (@Night's Shadow)
Wolf 4: Frido (@Gamingfan)
Wolf 5: Aria (@Keen Kitsune)
Wolf 6: Brise (@Clunpsy)
Wolf 7: Kureiji (@Schrift007)
Wolf 8:
Wolf 9:
Wolf 10: Mon (@Tudor21G)

Pack 2: 6/10 spots available
Alpha: Everest (@LunarSilvally)
Beta (essentially second in command): Mantis (@HeyItsPip)
Wolf 3: Koi (@Willow Tree)
Wolf 4: Koyama (@Martin Pine)
Wolf 5:
Wolf 6:
Wolf 7:
Wolf 8:
Wolf 9:
Wolf 10:

Loners:
Rin (@Barefoot_Kittens)
Racer (@Barefoot_Kittens)
Shun (@Clite of Dragonbow )
Thorne (@Skittles09)
Deucalion (@Shadow_Pup)
Reggie (@mallard)

Name:
Appearance:
Element (power gained from the Power):
Personality:
Role (alpha, loner, wolf #, deputy):
Other:

Name: Aqua
Age (human equivalent): 16 (human years, wolf years would be 2.2)
Appearance: Sea foam green, mostly. Has white markings flanked by dark blue trailing down her sides. Her eyes are deep blue with flecks of silver. She has a thick coat, with long, silky fur. Her whole body has a silvery sheen, and her feet are webbed. Small for her age, but an excellent swimmer.
Element (power gained from the Power): Can you guess? Water currents: can manipulate how water moves, i.e. stop the flow of a river, make a large wave, but cannot control it in other forms.
Personality: Boisterous and feisty. Hates to see anyone being bullied. Ambitious, but perfectly happy to let others take the spotlight.
Role (alpha, loner, wolf #, deputy): Pack 1, Wolf 3
Other: Has a deep scar running from her torn right ear across her face to the inner corner of her left eye.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Jesus christ you literally started one yesterday you madlad.
And of course it had to be about wolves, my second favorite animal so now i can't resist.
You're pure evil I tell you...
Name: Frido
Appearance: A gray wolf.....but minus the gray part. What I mean is that his coloring is similar, in which his back is a blackish blue (A blueish black?) growing lighter as it goes down, eventually becoming ice blue like his eyes. His tail tip is white. Average sized wolf, but appears bigger due to his thick coat.
Element: Ice. Frido is able to freeze over anything he focuses on. It takes more time depending on how big or hot the object is. He cannot control the ice after it's frozen. Nothing will freeze if he doesn't fully concentrate.
Personality: Frido is a friendly wolf that can be a bit of a ditz. Quite independent, but enjoys being social and greet anything with his tail wagging, as long as it doesn't attack his pack or his friends. Probably the only wolf without a hate for humans, although he will attack if they mess with him.
Role: Pack 1, Wolf#4
Other: Occasionally called "Dog" or "Fido" as an insult, depending on the person-I mean furry-I MEAN WOLF!

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Made pixel art of Frido because yes
Well...it's less "made" and more "colored in" since I just colored an outline of a wolf since my drawing skills are garbage, as evidenced by my terrible attempt a drawing ice.
Don't judge me.... even though I deserve it.
pixil-frame-0 (28).png

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Name: Aria
Age (human equivalent): 16
Appearance: Aria, being a runt, has a small and frail look to her. She is quite small overall, but her fur adds a tiny bit of height. Her soft fur is a gentle golden mixed with white. Her eyes glow a bright golden, usually warm and full of life.
:
Healing: Aria can heal injuries. The bigger the injury, the more concentration she must have and the longer it takes. The process is faster the closer she is to the wolf, physically and emotionally. It is the fastest when she is physically touching the injured wolf and has a close relationship with them. Thanks to a lot of experience, she can usually heal with ease at a fast pace. However, healing does take a toll on her body and mind and it isn't always simple and brief. She can experience anything from headaches to passing out, to insanity as drawbacks if she isn't careful.
Memory Viewing: Sometimes, she may see a memory of theirs, however, that it doesn't always happen. Often the memory is either a moment of pain or intense emotion.
Emotions and Pain: She also senses pain, though she can sense pain on command, sometimes it's random spikes. A better explanation for that would be an emotional sense. After all the healing Aria has done, she has a better sense of emotions than most others. If she concentrates, she can even manipulate emotions, though she has to concentrate way more than if she were to heal. The hardest thing for Aria to do is to give and/or pain. She can reflect a fraction of the healing she has done as a spike of pain out at enemies. The more she healed, the closer the healing was done to the moment, and the more emotional she is feeling at the moment, the more pain they feel. She can also transfer the pain they're feeling to herself or a fraction of the pain they feel.
Personality: Aria, though she was a runt, always trained hard to succeed. She knows what effort is, and is not afraid to put time into things. When tasked with something, she will try her hardest to do the task. Though she was often teased when she was young, or perhaps because she was often mocked, she has developed a sympathy for most wolves. She's fine with humans that don't attack, but those that hurt wolves she despises. She often tries to break up arguments, as she isn't a fan of fighting. However, if she has to fight she will do so. She holds a lot of pain and sadness inside of her, as she feels like she has to always put on a happy front for others. However, if someone was even to slightly pick up on it, she would outright deny it.
Role (alpha, loner, wolf #, deputy): Medic (Hopefully)
Other: Though she was the runt, she has trained continually to the point where she can hold her own in a battle against some. However, she definitely isn't the best at physical fighting.

Last edited:
Name: Mozilla (Moz or Mozzie for short)
Appearance: Mozzie is a large sized wolf with a thick brownish-red pelt. Fluffy wouldn't be a term used to describe him and the same applies to the word shaggy. His long fur is well kept and uniform, growing thinner around the face where a pair of brown eyes rest. He has a healthy build, almost the perfect mix between strength and speed.
Element: For a short while he's able to set himself on fire without hurting himself. He can choose what the fire will burn and he can choose to set parts of himself alight or his entire body. Mozzie lacks the ability to shoot out the flames or use them as a projectile in any way and whilst his body is resilient to the heat, he does need to cool down after a while of using it.
Personality: Surprisingly enough Mozzie is not short tempered or hotheaded. His demeanour is often a calm and stoic one, Moz deploying respect and honesty every time he can. As beta he can be stern but he tries his best not to be too harsh about it. Despite his strength he's gentle and whilst he'll joke from time to time you'd never see him boasting. All in all he gives off a big brother vibe. Strong, reliant but soft to those he loves. He'll protect his pack fiercely though should he need too and he has a general mistrust of humans and loners.
Role: Beta if that's okay? I'm alright with him being a normal member
Other: Yes, the name is on purpose, I like to be witty though i think this comes off as silly XD

Name: Brise
Age (human equivalent): 16
Appearance: A purely brown wolf, but his white fur covers all of his body except his paws, nose, tail and the tips of his ears. His fur is fluffy, and curls backwards. His tail is long and skinny
Element (power gained from the Power): Wind- Can influence the flow of the wind, allowing him to lift up objects and living things. Can only change its direction and cannot produce one, the strength of the breeze depends on the weather and it may backfire if he isn't focused.
Personality: Brise acts tough in front of females and wolfs of higher authority, but he is actually soft and gentle in front of his friends. He struggles to do anything when he is under pressure, or gains a crush. He tends to zone out quite often, and he wouldn't hurt someone who previously showed any acts of kindness to him
Role: Pack 1, Wolf 6 (unless if there is a problem with that spot)
Other: For some reason he dislikes bees

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Renwick
Appearance: He is a normal looking black wolf, he weighs 65 kg, is 183 cm in length and 100 cm at shoulder height, has glowing blue claws and his eyes look like galaxies.
Element: Space - basically teleportation but it is actually travelling through space so it is short range only and when used to extreme lengths can be very disorienting and cause him to become dizzy and nauseous.
It's similar to Number 5's abilities from the umbrella academy, minus the travelling through time part.
Personality: Renwick is loyal, protective and brave. He is also kind and gentle and likes to help out with other wolves problems.
Role: Pack 1 - Alpha
Other: N/A

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Okay, I finished the map. I made it on Inkarnate (https://inkarnate.com/maps/ (Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online)). Pack 1 lives in a pine forest filled with marshes, swamps, and prey such as water voles, frogs, chipmunks, squirrels, crows, and more. Their camp is in the ruins of an ancient human city. Pack 2 lives in a dense deciduous forest swarming with earthy forest prey such as squirrels, voles, mice, sparrows, thrush, and more, and they have a camp in a clearing in the middle of the forest.
Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 4.21.45 PM.png

@Night's Shadow I may be overthinking this but will there be any wolf specific vocabulary if that makes sense.
In Warrior cats (which I am a little bit reminded of, God I loved those books) they had different words for things, though I can't remember it >-< Bleck, I'm confusing myself

What I'm asking is if the wolf was to see a human would they say "Human" or "Two leg" and if they saw a car would they say "Car" Or a word they made up for it.

Does this make any sense XD

=Nightshade=

It makes a lot of sense. I also read the Warriors series (soo excited for the next book lol) so I know what you're talking about. If they saw a human, they'd probably say "Furless," and they'd call most human machines "Growlers." Everything else is probably the same.

Though I would probably prefer "making dirt" to "taking a dump" if you know what I mean.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Kureiji Akuma
Age (human equivalent): 15 (2.1 in wolf years)
Appearance: In, his two tailed form he gets and aura around his body that has two tails. In his 3 tail it's the same as that but he gets more wilder. In his 4 tailed form he becomes almost like a red shadow, but now he has four tails and pure black eyes. He is normally a white wolf with wisps of mist around his front and hind legs. That's until he becomes his nine tailed form where he let's all his power escape, making his fur golden and his eyes glow. He gains multiple marking on his body.
Element (power-Chakra manipulation): using his own energy he can boost his physical capabilities beyond those of a normal wolf. He can channel it into one charge or fire it. He can also enter his tailed fox forms. Only issue is he can't use the full power of his tailed forms, because they're split into two parts, the yin and the yang. He possesses the yin of the power, meaning someone else has the yang. If he doesn't use the full nine tailed form he cant control the power since it is incomplete. He will lose his mind.
Personality: He likes being part of the pack and will protect it with his life. But he normally tries to distance himself from others in case he loses control of his power. The more tailed forms he goes through, the wilder he gets.
Role (alpha, loner, wolf #, deputy): pack 1 lead warrior, wolf 7
Other: Since he has yin of his power that means someone else has the yang. (Anyone can have it they just need to ask, and I'll give it to them, it's more of a side ability so we don't need the same power).

Last edited:
Alright, hope I have time for this thread, 'cause it looks really interesting and I like my idea for this wolf.
I hope this is okay:

Name: Mon
Appearance: Mon is a dark brown coated wolf, kinda like the colour of mud. He has sparkling emerald green eyes. In his fur, there are always a few leaves stuck, since he enjoys bush diving. He is quite bigger than other wolves his age, but not bigger than the ones older than him.
Element: Nature
Mon is able to control the leaves stuck in his fur, throwing them at his enemies at a high speed. When he controls them, they become significantly sharper. He also can control vines and other little plants, but he cannot control trees, seaweed or fungi.
Also, when he is very happy, little plants will sprout from the ground where he steps.
Personality: Mon is a very friendly and social wolf, he loves interacting with his pack mates, who he is very fond of, especially of females and wolves who are younger than him. But on terms of intelligence, Mon would come last. He isn't full on dumb, but if you give him a rubik's cube, he's gonna think it's a chewing toy. But overall, he's a pure little baby who likes gardening.
Role: Wolf Pack 1, Wolf #10, because I don't think he's that powerful
Other: He likes to forage for and eat berries, since it's not unheard of a wolf to eat berries

If there's anything wrong with my bio, please let me know.

Last edited:
Name: Everest
Age (human equivalent): 20
Appearance: Pure white wolf with light blue eyes
Element (power gained from the Power): Time(can stop time within itselfs but she has a limit when she can use it and makes her extremely exhausted after using it so she only uses it when she necessary has to to protect her pack and get away from danger)
Personality: She is a Gentle, Calm, and Understanding young wolf and will do anything to protect her pack. She will generally only give warning to trespassing wolves that wonder into her territory as she doesn't like violence but if she necessary has too then she will fight for her pack
Role (alpha, loner, wolf #, deputy): Alpha, Wolf Pack #2
Other: She is seen wearing a sort of hourglass necklace around her neck in a regular size but also the symbol of an hourglass at the side of her chest towards the left which can be seen by any eye.

Alright here she is

@Night's Shadow

Last edited: