• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey through Johto, and much more

The adventure starts in the small town of New Bark Town with a guy named Dimrill and a couple of friends, which is the first 5 people to post on the thread.
DO NOT POST IF YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE FIRST FIVE PLEASE!
We will be traveling the reigon of Johto collecting gym badges and probably going to other reigons as well.

Rules: No swearing, Only up to 2 Pokemon allowed to start with (1st evolution only), Romance is allowed but keep it cool.

Name: Dimrill
Appearance: Look at my image
Pokemon: Shinx and Charmander
Likes: His friends, his Pokemon, and the desire to travel the world

Dimrill awoke to the sound of birds chirping and Shinx jumping on his bed. Dimrill rubbed Shinx's head. "Good boy Shinx."
"Boo Boo!" Shinx said happily
Dimrill went downstairs and ate his breakfast that his mom cooked for him - Eggs and Bacon, one of his favorites.
He then went outside to meet his friends at the tree in the middle of Windmill Park. After a few minutes he was accompanied by:

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Name: Christian
Appearance: Look at my TC but Green hoodie and Black shoes
Pokémon: Totodile, Aipom

Christian was meeting his friends at the tree in the middle of Windmill Park, but the only one he saw so far was Dimrill. "Hey Dimrill!" Christian shouted to Dimrill from far away, "When are the other ones coming?"

Dimrill responded "Not sure, but we can wait a few more minutes. For now we'll just chill here."
And with that Dimrill took charmander out of his Poke Ball and then Shinx and Charmander began to chase each other around the tree.

DoggoKing22

"Well I quests we can wait for them, come on out Totodile, you two Aipom." Christian said when they were sent out of their Pokéballs. Totodile and Aipom ran to Charmander and Shinx, and played a game of tag.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Jackson
Appearance: Look at my TC that I’m going to make for this soon
Pokémon: Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil
Jackson finally woke up and was very excited. He was going to go on a journey with his friends. He ate his cereal and milk and left his house. He reached Windmill Park and released his Pokemon. “Hey guys! Sorry I’m late, just a couple more of us left,” he said excitedly. Mudkip jumped on totodile and Bulbasaur used his vines to wave at the other Pokemon.

Name: Logan
Appearance: a gray hoodie with a cartoon skull on it, blue jeans, and brown eyes. Curly brown hair and slim muscle build.
Pokemon: larvitar, gastly.

Logan was one of the last to wake up, as usual. He grabbed his pokeballs and headed out the door, and then headed back because he forgot to change. He grabbed his backpack and stole a cereal bar from the cupboard on his way out. He trodden his way over to windmill park to meet up with the rest of the group. He found his friends and headed over toward them. "Hey guys! How's everyone doing?"

¨Going pretty good. the Pokemon are just playing around, as usual,¨ Dimrill responded. He then addressed the whole group. ¨Alright guys. This is the moment we´ve been preparing for our last 2 years. To explore the vast world of Pokemon, collect gym badges, meet new people, becoming Pokemon Masters! Oh, that reminds me, my stuff is at home. I´ll be back in about 10 minutes.¨ And with that Dimrill sprinted off with his Shinx and Charmander following him at top speed.

After about 15 minutes, Dimrill returned to the tree sprinting back with his backpack. When he stopped, he collapsed in exhaustion. After a minute or so, he got up and drank some water and shared some with Shinx. "Alright, I'm ready now. Are we ready to go to Cherrygrove City? I heard there was a new battle stadium there. Do you guys want to go there on our way to Violet City?" Dimrill asked.

DoggoKing22

"I think that is a good idea Dimrill, we should go there first." Christian replied with happiness. "What about you guys?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jackson waved at Logan when he got there. Then he was shocked when Dimrill collapsed, but quickly sighed of relief after he got up. “I agree with Chrisitan, we should totally go to Cherrygrove,” he said. Cyndaquil went to Jackson and Bulbasaur began gathering sunlight for his bulb.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Dimrill said excitedly.
And with that, the four friends hiked west towards Cherrygrove City...

About an hour in on traveling along the trail, the group found a lake. And in the lake was a bunch of Magikarp. But easily noticed was a Blue Magikarp. "Why is that Magikarp blue?" Dimrill asked.

DoggoKing22

"Hmm... I don't know why, but there has to be something to do with that Blue Magika-" Christian was interrupted by a voice from behind them. Two Team Rocket grunts. "Give us your Pokémon!" One of them said, "Or else we'll fight." The other one replied.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Bulbasaur finished getting sunlight and followed Jackson, Charmander, and the others to the lake. Jackson gasped when he saw the blue magikarp. “That isn’t a magikarp at all! It’s a feebas! And I wanna catch it!” he exclaimed. He got out an old rod and got the Pokemon to the ground, then he ordered Bulbasaur to use leech seed. The seed landed on the Feebas and immobilized it while sucking it’s energy. “Go, Pokeball!” Jackson shouted. It was only a couple minutes after he found the feebas that he realized team rocket was there. “No way! Go Charmander!” Jackson commanded as Charmander went in front of the grunts.

Logan looked up at the two team rocket grunts, clearly displeased with their request. "Eh? And just why should we give you our pokemon?" He looked the gang member in the eyes, hands on his pokeball.

The Grunt threw their Pokeballs and said ,"Noctowl!" and ,"Pidgeotto!"
Dimrill said to his friends."Christian and I will take the Pidgeotto. Logan and Jackson, take the Noctowl! I choose you Shinx!"
Shinx and Christian's Totodile together defeated the Pidgeotto using Shinx's Spark attacks and Totodile's Water Gun, demolished the Pidgeotto after it got an Air Slash hit on Shinx. Dimrill turned to see how Logan and Jackson were doing.

"Ah, gimme a break." Logan grabbed the pokeball he already had his hand on and he was right, he was going to have to use larvitar. "Alright larvitar, go for rock slide!" Logan commanded, pointing at his opponent. "Laruvi!" The pokemon replied, getting an easy hit in, and nearly taking out the opponent.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Charmander use Flamethrower!” Jackson shouted. Charmander let out a ring of flames from his mouth which defeated the Noctowl. “Yes! We did it! Nice job, Logan,” Jackson said while offering Logan a high-five. Bulbasaur and Charmander began cheering at the victory.

Anyways, after the four friends, defeated the Noctowl and Pidgeotto, the Team rocket grunts, returned their Pokemon to their Pokeballs and they told them,"We'll be back as soon as we file our report to the general." And with that, They ran off in the direction of north.
"Well," said Dimrill. "Let's just keep going then."

"Thanks, Jackson. You two did good as well." He returned the high five and looked at the group. "If anybodies pokemon are hurt, I can heal them." Logan said, looking into his bag.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“I think Dimrill’s Shinx is hurt, and my new Feebas probably is too. I’m not using her right now, though. We should probably save any healing items for later,” he told Logan. “I don’t think we should take after them, we should continue West, to Cherrygrove,” Jackson added.

" I intended to go west from the the very beginning, so let's get going." He dug out an Oran berry and used it on his larvitar. "There you go bud." He calmly said to his pokemon as he returned it to his ball.

Last edited:
Name: Halt
Appearance: look at the tc im making
Pokemon: Riolu, Chimchar
=========================================================================
Halt walked up to the four boys. "Hey, sorry im late to the party. I was a little busy." He pointed in the direction the grunts ran away towards. "Wasn't that team Rocket? I just saw one attacking a trainer a little while ago." His Riolu was walking behind him, with the monotonous look he always had.

Dimrill looked confused. "Hey Halt, I'm glad you could make it. We thought you had chickened out at the last minute."

The gang traveled on and eventually reached the small city of Cherrygrove. They walked through a neighborhood and reached the industrial part of town. In the distance they could see the giant brand new Pokemon Stadium, meant for new trainers to test their skills. "Well," said Dimrill. "It won't do us any good to go to the stadium unless we go to the Pokemon Center first."

So the group walked to the Pokemon Center and all stood in line to give the head nurse their Pokemon.
"What kind of Pokemon do you think we'll battle?" Dimrill asked.

"Aye, no idea." Halt replied, not bothering rehealing his pokemons. He made sure they were battle ready before coming. "I just hope for no psychic and flying types, but with my luck." He made a gesture that represents that you know what that means. Halt pulled over a chair, and sat down while waiting for their pokemon to heal.

"I have no idea, either. All I know is that I'm catching something before we get there." Logan said, scratching his head. he looked at everyone and then looked back down at his ghastly, which he had brought out of its pokeball. "Is anybody else going to try and catch something new? I heard three pokemon is the optimal number."

DoggoKing22

"Well then... that's bad for me. I only have two: Totodile, and Aipom, but I really love battling. I quess I can't enter the stadium, unless I catch another Pokémon." Christian replies depressed.

Dimrill was reading the bulletin board on the wall to the right. "It says here that you can have up to six Pokemon, but you only need as least 1. So I guess that means we all qualify."
Just then the nurse gave the group all their Pokemon back. "Well, what are we waiting for?" said Dimrill. Let's hit the Pokemon Stadium!"

When they got close to the stadium, they were amazed by the size of it. It was huge, like maybe 3/4 mile long and half a mile wide.
They reached the registration desk about 10 feet from the entrance. "Hello, welcome to the Cherrygrove Battle Stadium," the clerk said. "Are you here to register for the competition?"
"Yep," said Dimrill. "But I'll let my friends register first."

"Allright, I guess I'll just register first." Logan stepped to the front of the group, and talked to the lady. He put his team down as ghastly and larvitar. "All right, that was pretty easy." He turned to the rest of the group. "All right then, who's next?" He smirked, rolling his pokeball in his hand.

Halt walked up to the register. "Just to prove I'm not chicken, im next." He signed up his Chimchar and Riolu. He has a secret move on his chimchar to help out his battle. "Lets see how this turns out."

DoggoKing22

"Yeah, I quess I could register. It said one Pokémon right? Then I choose Totodile." Christian said going up to register.

THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can I join?
558689_trainercard-Blake.png

"And I guess I'll register now," Dimrill said as he walked up to the desk. He registered his Shinx and Charmander. After registering, he walked up to his friends. "Are you guys ready to do this?"

"Heck, Yea I am!" Halt called out. He turned to head to the trainer waiting room. Turning around, he called back, "Now don't you lose the first match before I get my chance to kill you guys." Leaving it as that, he walked inside the dugout like area, and sat down until his name gets called.

"I guess I'll be leaving too." Logan said with a smile, turning toward the waiting room entrance. "I hope they don't get destroyed before I get to fight any of them." Logan said to himself, sitting down next to Halt.

@Blake893 if you want to join you can, just make a character sheet first.

"ATTENTION ALL TRAINERS!" the commentator said through the speakers, "THE CHERRYGROVE BATTLE EVENT WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN ABOUT hmmmmm.... TWENTY-SEVEN SECONDS!"

"Here we go, I guess," said Dimrill.
Twenty four seconds passed. "WELCOME TO THE CHERRYGROVE BATTLE STADIUM! I'M BRYAN HOFFMAN, AND I WILL BE YOUR HOST FOR THIS EVENT. WE HAVE 32 TRAINERS FROM ALL AROUND JOHTO, ALL READY TO BATTLE THEIR POKEMON!"
Everyone cheered.
"SO FIRST UP CAN WE HAVE LOGAN FROM NEW BARK TOWN AND JONATHAN FROM AZELEA TOWN STEP INTO THE ARENA PLEASE!"

"Well, I guess I'm up." Logan said, turning to the rest of the group as he walked out. "Wish me luck!" He had a confident look on his face, and he was ready to meet his opponent. He already had a feeling of who he should start out with in this battle, so he readied his first pokemon and walked up to meet Johnathan in the center stage. "All right, let's try to leave a good first impression on the crowd." Logan thought to himself, smiling and waving at the mass of people around him.