• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey across Alola-New Horizon

Sign-Ups: https://pokecharms.com/threads/journey-across-alola-sign-ups.18861/

Background
The Alola Region, brimming with life, last year Alola crowned it's first ever Champion, a trainer that goes by the name of Robby. Since then more and more trainers have been taking part in Alola's great tradition, as well more Totem Pokemon have since been spotted as well as new Z-Crystals. Finally a new Z-Ring has shown up known as the Z-Power Ring. So trainers do you think you have what it takes to take to clear the Island Challenge and become Alola's next great Champion?

Rules
1. Respect other RPers
2. Familiarize yourself with the Role Play Rules
3. Delete everything in brackets in the sheets
4. No 1 or 2 liners, try to stay away from 3 line posts
5. Put a smiley face in your bio
6. Don't dodge every attack, get creative
7. I will deny some people if I feel that they lack the experience required
8. I may ask for a sample of one's writing sometimes
9. No Battle Bond, especially no Ash-Greninja
10. No Legendaries, even if you have permission
11. Have Fun, this may ignored at your choosing

Role Play

Eric woke up earlier than usual for himself, he looked outside to see the beautiful Alolan Sun he had come to grow up with, as he made his way to the window he felt a nudge as his foot. Eric looked down to see his Rockruff that he was given on his 13th Birthday. Today Eric was 14 and in agreement with his parents he was aloud to begin his Island Challenge. Eric grabbed a Pokeball off of his nightstand and ran downstairs and out of the house towards Professor Kukui's Laboratory, where he would receive a Pokedex as well as a Pokemon from the Alola Region's very own Pokemon Professor.

As Eric ran through the streets of Hau'oli City, the town he had grown up in, he was pleased to see so many people and Pokemon working and living in harmony together. "Hey Rockruff, let's get to Professor Kukui's Lab as fast as we can!" Eric stated as he and his Rockruff began to pick up some more speed.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nick woke up and was very excited. Quickly he jumped out of bed and looked at his backpack. There he saw Robin Hoot sleeping [peacefully in Nick's backpack, facing the sun. The trainer smiled at his Pokémon and then came near his ear. "WAKE UP!" he yelled. Robin Hoot yelped and starting flying around the room, leaving feathers everywhere. Nick eventually got a hold of his Pokémon and tried to calm it down. "Hahaha, sorry, Robin Hoot. I just had to wake you up, today we are beginning our journey!" he said excitedly. However, Robin Hoot still looked mad. "Hey at least I didn't make feathers be all over the room for mom to clean up," he told his Pokémon. Then Robin Hoot got out of Nick's grasp and started attacking his trainer.

The fourteen year old eventually managed to get ready for the day, but his Pokémon was still angry. When his mom saw the mess, she sighed and just told her son to get dressed. The partners finished eating breakfast, courtesy of Nick's mother, and then were about to leave. "Don't forget your backpack!" she yelled from upstairs. Nick facepalmed and went back up to his room, seeing his mom still cleaning up the feather mess. He quickly grabbed his supplies, said sorry, and then the family said goodbye.

Nick started heading south to Route 1, using the road that didn't have any tall grass. Eventually he reached Hau'oli Outskirts. "C'mon Robin Hoot, we still have to reach the lab," he said while running. He stopped for a minute, and his Pokémon was very tired from flying after his trainer. Robin Hoot reached Nick's backpack and started to rest there for a bit. Nick sighed and continued down the road.

As Eric came close to Professor Kukui's Laboratory he saw a trainer with a small owl like Pokemon around Route 1. Eric ran up to the trainer waving his hand, "Hey, I couldn't help but notice that Pokemon, it's a Rowlet right?" Eric looked at the Pokemon with amazement in his eyes, "That's so cool, that must mean you're a trainer, right?" Eric asked, "By the way, I'm Eric from Hau'oli City, and I'm going to be the next Champion of Alola." Rockruff gave a proud stance alongside Eric who did the same.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Alola," Nick told the trainer in front of him. "Nice to meet you, Eric, I'm Nick. And I couldn't help but notice your Rockruff," he said looking at the proud Pokemon. "I'm a trainer, alright. And my partner is Robin Hoot, my Rowlet who's so lazily sleeping in my backpack," he said with a smile. Robin Hoot jumped out and started flying around at the call of his name. Then he glared at Nick for calling him lazy. He flew down to the ground and looked at Rockruff. "Koo-koo!" (Hello there!) he told the Pokemon in front of him. "If you're heading to be the next Champion of Alola, then I guess that makes us rivals. Since I want to be it, too!" Nick said with a large grin on his face.

"Awesome, it's a pleasure to meet you Eric," Eric stated as his eyes gave a determined look, "Well Nick, what do you say to a Pokemon Battle, right hear, right now!" Eric asked as his Rockruff began wagging it's tail in excitement, Eric was pumped to have his first ever battle with Rockruff.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Well..." Nick said while looking at Robin Hoot. The Rowlet looked up at his trainer with fierce eyes. "Guess he does want to battle. I thought he'd be more tired, huh," Nick thought. Then he turned back to face Eric. "You're on. Me and Robin Hoot are definitely ready to have a battle," he said with a grin.

Cameron woke up to the loud sound form his alarm clock and got up and looked his clock realizing he slept ten minutes past his alarm clock.
''You have to be kidding me!'' He complained while striping off his pajamas and quickly putting on his clothes and grabbing his poplio and ran the the stairs. Cameron after eating breakfast way to quickly and and ran out the door, Bright sun light blinding his eyes.

After a mildly short run he had gotten close to the lab but was panting hard and his popplio broke free hands and ran for the lab, ''Popplio..wait come back!'' Cameron shouted and the top of his lungs. Cameron tried to sprint to his poplio before any dumb stuff could happen.

"Alright, if you don't mind we'll take the first move," Eric stated as he and his Rockruff to a battle stance, "Rockruff are you ready?" Eric asked, Rockruff nodded and barked happily, "Alright, Rockruff let's start things off with Tackle!" Eric ordered, immediately began charging full force at Robin Hoot.

After Cameron got his Poplio and picked it up and put him in his bag he saw two teenagers battling with one trainers Rockruff running at the other trainers Rowelt. Poplio jumped out Cameron's backpack and barked loudly at him. ''Okay you really wanna go the lab now? Okay fine.'' Cameron picked up his Poplio and slowly walked to the door to the lab still eyeing the Rockruff.

"Oh boy, finally made!"

John, along with his partner Dratini Sky who rested in his backpack, had made their way off the cruise liner and arrived at the docks of Hau'oli City. It had been a long journey from the pair, but the trip itself had been an experience neither one would forget and John had been confident enough to believe this was just the beginning.

"Alright, let's go find the professor. Sooner we get our Pokedex the sooner we can begin our journey." John said, clearly he had been eager to begin. In spite of his nerves, his first Pokemon adventure on this foreign land was something he could not help but feel excited for.

"Dratini..." Sky said, as her voice had cut John's thoughts off as he glanced back his partner, who had peeked out from his backpack to look him eye to eye which had caused John to raise an eyebrow. John had known Sky long enough that, while he had no knowledge of what had been termed "Poke-Speak" he could at least tell Sky tried to tell him something. But what the Dratini wanted to tell him remained a mystery.

At least, for a moment, then a light-bulb had gone off in his head as John scratched the back of his head and had given a sheepish grin to his partner Pokemon.

"R-right, right. First get the Pokedex, then call mom and then we begin our journey. I did promise I would do that as soon as I arrived in Alola didn't I?" John asked, both to Sky and himself as the Dratini had nodded before John gave it a Poke-treat from his pocket to enjoy as the two had then began to make their way through the city towards the outskirts, which due to the kind words of a local they met on the boat ride there they knew they could find the professor's laboratory.

After having walked for a far amount of time, John and Dratini had taken note of something in the distance. Not only the professor's lab, or at least what he assumed the building was, with a trainer in front of the door with some what he presumed to be a Water type that he had not seen before. If John has to guess, it was a native to the region.

He also saw a pair of trainers that seemed locked in a battle with each other, and this had caused Sky to startle, as she quickly ducked herself into his backpack which caused John to let out a nervous chuckle.

"Sky, it's okay. They are not even battling us." John said as he had glanced back at his backpack, trying to reassure his partner as the Dratini had peaked her head back outside the backpack as the two made their way to the lab door. Though they seemed focused on the battle so much that they held off entering for the moment to watch.

Cameron looked at the things around him, The lab he ways in looked pretty nice there was a tank with a couple Luvdisc in it and there was a kitchen. He looked around a bit more and the Professor was no were to be found, Cameron looked at his pokemon and it was giving him doubtful eyes. ''Okay lets just go back outside and wait for him okay?'' Cameron said, While heading for the door. When he got outside he still saw the two trainers battling but also saw a another trainer watching the battle.

With nothing to do but wait he watched to the battle wondering who was going to win the battle and how good it would be.

John glanced over at the other trainer, who had returned from inside the lab, which implied the professor had not been in yet. It wasn't that big a deal, John was sure this Professor Kukui would turn up soon enough. Besides, this had given him the chance to focus on the battle between the two trainers, with even Sky looking on with a bit of nerves; the Dratini's eyes having darted between the battle as well as the trainer next to them and the Popplio.

John had taken note of this, and decided the best way to help Sky overcome her nerves was to go socialize. So with that John walked over to the trainer and his Popplio with a smile.

"Hey there, I take it the professor is not in now?" John asked, a topic question which served as an ice breaker and just a means to confirm that the professor was in. Sky eyed the trainer and Popplio before she buried herself in John's backpack, clearly her shyness shinned through.

Cameron turned to his left to see a trainer with a Dratini, Hearing what the trainer said he said: ''Yeah, I looked everywhere in that lab and couldn't find him anywhere'' Cameron replied. His Popplio was looking at the other trainers backpack. ''Whats your name, mines Cameron''
Cameron asked. He looked back at the battle that's going on between the two other trainers then back and the one he is talking to.

''Are you going on a pokemon journey?, I am'' Cameron also asked. Cameron look at his Popplio which was still looking at the other trainers bag.

Sky peaked her head out from the backpack, the shy Dratini would look at both Cameron and his Popplio, though only its head as she kept herself mostly inside the backpack as John turned to his partner.

"It's okay, they're just saying hi." John said as he had tried to reassure the dragon type, which seemed to put Sky at ease; if only a little.

"Nice to meet you Cameron. My name is John, this is my partner Sky. Don't mind her, she's just a little shy when meeting new people. And yeas, I arrived here in Alola for my first Pokemon journey." John explained, having had introduced himself and his Dratini at the same time as Sky eyed them carefully while she had also known she should try not to give a bad impression for her partner's sake; even if she could not help herself.

''Your Dratini looks pretty nice, Maybe after those trainers are done there battle we could battle after.'' Cameron asked while his Popplio was trying to blow bubbles bigger than his size. ''Waiting here is kinda boring now.'' Cameron said, ''I'm going to get closer to see those two trainers battle bye!'' Cameron said while walking down to see those trainers battling and his Popplio ran right after him.

He looked at his Popplio who was still unsuccessfully trying to blow a bubble larger than himself and then got close to where the two trainers are battling.

As Rockruff charged he was stopped by someone, it was a man. The man was tall, wore a yellow open shirt with a blue shirt underneath, some shorts as well as sandals. "Well what do we have here?" the man asked, Eric explained that he was having a battle with the other trainer, "I see, but aren't you suppose to be somewhere else?" Eric thought for a moment before remembering about Professor Kukui, Eric quickly recalled Rockruff to it's Pokeball. Eric bid Nick and the man farewell before running down to a nearby beach.

Eric rushed to the lab as fast as he could before seeing some trainers standing outside of the lab. Eric tried to stop in front of the lab but instead lost his balance and fell face first into the sand. Eric got up with an unamused expression as he wiped sand off of his clothes and face. "Hey, I'm Eric Blaze," he greeted, "By any chance are either of you the Professor, or do you know the Professor, just please tell me I'm not late!" Eric shot each statement and question at the two people in front of the lab, giving barely any time for response.

John glanced up at one of the trainers that had battled, and the new arrived caused Sky to hide in his backpack once more, John chuckled as he offered words of encouragement to his shy Dratini before he turned to the new trainer.

"No, I am not the professor. Neither is he and the professor is not in at the moment. We both tried to find him in the lab but he appears to be out at the moment." John explained to Eric as Sky slowly peaked her head out to scan the new arrival with what had been a curious stare.

"My name is John, and this is my partner Sky. She's a bit shy, so don't worry if she hides in my backpack from time to time, it's not you specifically." John said as he had introduced himself and his partner to the newcomer.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: uhh I was too inactive and now I don't know how to effectively get out of this situation. Guess I'll just head to the lab
BIC: Nick shrugged and Robin Hoot looked sad. He quickly flied back to his backpack as Nick sighed. The two kept on heading south of Route 1 and eventually reached the lab. He saw a couple of trainers already there, and was able to catch that the Professor wasn't in the lab at the moment. Nick sat on a rock nearby as he waited for the Professor.