• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Is this moveset decent? (Electivire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...

Electivire M
Nature:Modest
Ability:Motor Drive
Lv.100

-Brick Break
-Calm Mind (Damn)
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch

Okay this guy I traded for this guy and he had this original moveset.

-Calm Mind (****)
-Scratch (Darned)
-Roar
-Splash

So if you start thinking that I give really lame movesets...look at what his previous trainer gave him. The thing's moveset is hacked and not for the better. It's hacked so it can learn any move. Gee what pokemon do we know like that? Mew. Please help me give him a better moveset. I want earthquake or stone edge on him. I have now cursed his previous trainer.:p

Heres a moveset for him:

Electrivire @Expert Belt
Adamant (+atk -sp. atk)
Motor Drive
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Brick Break/ Cross Chop

Thunderpuch for STAB. Earthquake, Ice Punch and Brick Break/ Cross Chop for great coverage. Other options for Electrivire are: Rock Slide and Fire Puch.

I like fire-type moves and pokemon...(In link battles this will haunt me, I'll get murdered with water-types.:p)
I'm trying to avoid fire-types right now...(Magmortar...want to battle with...) So for me I think I'll pass on Fire-punch. I don't find Rock Slide very appealing...it's not as powerful as earthquake. I'm really sorry for not mentioning this but Shawn (Electivire) is never going to be used for single battles. Okay maybe once or twice. But I've picked his partner and his partner is a Lv.100 Staraptor who's been with me since I started my game. (Rinali was the first pokemon I caught) Okay, sometimes I choose pokemon that I'm sentimental about in important battles.

Staraptor
Careful
Intimadate

-Aerial Ace
-Bave Bird
-Close Combat
-U-turn (want something better...)

Staraptor is not affected by Earthuake and The two flying moves are for STAB. Status:Breeding for Adamant elikid.

For your Staraptor I suggest leaving U-turn because often you'll find yourself against a stronger opponent (especially when using Flying-types) so U-turn is essential.

Like Arrogance said, U-turn is fine.

Staraptor @Focus Sash/ Leftovers (to heal the recoil from Brave Brid or Double Edge)
Adamant/ Jolly
Intimidate
-Brave Bird/ Arial Ace
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Double Edge/ Steel Wing

Brave Bird or Arial Ace for STAB. Close Combat for coverage. U-turn to flee whilst picking up some damage. Double edge gets boosted by STAB, but dosen't have any coverage, and has recoil. Steel Wing has the same coverage as Close Combat, but dosen't have the recoil.

Daym...I'd love Steel Wing on Rinali but...I've tried...it won't let him learn...Thanks for the tips. I'm not much of a fan of double-edge but I'll use it...speaking of which.

Steelix
Ability:Rock Head
Nature:Adamant

Double-Edge
Stone Edge
Iron Tail
Iron Head

Sorry Platpi and Sem if I'm not supposed to reply since Mewgirl has been banned, but I don't recall seeing anything on the rules about it...

Steelix is fine but change Iron Tail for Earthquake and give him the letovers.

Don't bother from now on. Don't worry, no warning. It's kinda of my request. Don't reply to topics that have the members banned unless the topic is consistantly active. This isn't so, don't respond from now on. Lock'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.