• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Insanity and Isolation

Hi! ^^ Welcome to this role-play! It is about Pokemon having to live in a secluded forest, where you can only trust yourself and very, very close friends. Some Pokemon have been driven insane from being locked away in the forest so long, but some others are already insane for who knows why. The Pokemon, whoever or whatever they are, have to constantly look over their shoulder to make sure humans aren't there.

Rules

You cannot play as a human, nor a human's Pokemon.

You must talk in third person.

No cursing.

No legendaries.

2 Shinies

No being overpowered.

If doing something like a battle or fight, you must give the other person a chance to react.

No blood-- Some people don't enjoy it, and this is Pokemon. (Not a very bloody place)

You can not know everything, such as if or when the humans are coming.

No spam posting

Your post must be at least two sentences long.

You must fill out the template before roleplaying.

Don't change the template.

Template

Name:
Species:
Appearance (Anything different?):
Personality:
Best traits:
Insane:

Mine

Name: Shockwave
Species: Luxray
Shiny: No
Appearance (Anything different?): Golden bandana around neck
Personality: Very untrusting, not very trustworthy himself, doesn't like or hates almost all Pokemon, doesn't trust anyone from outside the forest, somewhat cruel, mixed thoughts, loves battling
Best traits: Intelligent and very strong
Insane: Yes

Shockwave woke from his slumber and looked around. It didn't seem as if anyone had broken in the secluded forest, but he decided to check anyway. If anyone was there, they were going to seriously regret it. Shockwave went to the border of the green forest. He sniffed the air. Fresh Pokemon scent. Someone was here. Shockwave bared his teeth in anger, before his insanity got a hold of him and he released a strong Thunder.

Name: Ryu
Species: Riolu
Appearance (Anything different?): Red bandanna around his neck
Personality: merciful; somewhat trusting; somewhat independent, but will ask for help when it's really needed; doesn't like hurting others, but will if he must; a good battle is nice every once and a while
Best traits: goes into a "berserker mode" when enraged, or in a tight spot
Insane: no, but given the [best trait].... maybe?

BOOM!

CRACK!

The darkening of the sky had already spooked the poor Riolu enough, but the sudden flashing and thunder set him off as he ran faster through the woods, fearing for his life. What did I do to get myself in this situation?! He thinks to himself, before tripping on a rock and sliding forward on the ground, holding his paw in pain. Looking around worriedly for any other Pokemon, thinking they were going to attack him now that he'd been weakened, he weakly gets up and limps forward, before falling back down quite some distance later. He lay there for who knows how long, resting, hoping to get some sleep, and hoping that nothing would try to kill him in the meantime, despite being well aware of the predatory feline scent left behind not too long ago.

name: Beep
species: Swadloon
shiny: Nah
appearance (anything different?): Color depends on what he feels like, but always has some sort of spiritomb-like face painted on his back that he doesn't know about.
personality: This swadloon, unlike other swadloon, is not grumpy, and actually is a warm soul. One of the most casual 'mon you've ever seen, Beep enjoys just being around others, unfortunately for his environment.
best traits: Knows Camouflage, and has an airhorn for scaring things off.
insane: Insane for love!!!!!!!!! >_<>_<:angel::angel:<.><.>:p:p:up::up::up::love::love::love: but otherwise, no.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beep sat very still, colored as a rock. He heard something bipedal approach. Bipedal things are not good for lumps, such as Beep. In battles, anyway. Suddenly, a Riolu appeared before him, and fell over. After what seemed like fifteen minutes of watching the riolu doing nothing but lay there (seemingly in pain), he decided to speak up "U-uh... Hello?" Beep asked. He then remembered that this was a forest of insane people, but he really couldn't take back his words now. He could backspace, but nahhh.

Suddenly, a voice speaks up from behind Ryu. He jumps from the abruptness of the voice, freezing up from the thought that it may be an unsuspecting predator. He shakily pulls himself up and sits, before slowly, and hesitantly looking behind him. What he saw relieved him, but also confused him. It seemed to be some sort of rock... with a face? "U- Um..... h- hi?" He half asks, as if to confirm that was the seeming rock that spoke.

Beep didn't reveal himself, he didn't know if the Bipedal was a threat yet. "I, uh. Are you... Are you, uh, you okay?" He stuttered. Beep usually avoided full contact like this, but the other one seemed hurt, and he really couldn't stand a hurt 'mon in front of him. It seems peaceful enough. Maybe I should...

He looks around, making sure it wasn't anybody else talking, and/or to make sure nobody was watching if it was the rock that spoke. "U- Um... m- maybe...? My paw hurts...." He feels his paw a bit, and winces from the pain.

Shockwave heard voices in the distance-- real ones, not ones inside his head. He growled before setting off towards the noise. He eventually came across a Swadloon and Riolu, who were chatting. The Riolu was hurt, Shockwave noticed. And Swadloons were usually bad fighters. If this Swadloon was part of the forest, he never seen him. But this Riolu was a complete stranger. Shockwave strutted across to the two Pokemon. "Who are you?" He snarled directly at the Riolu. He let loose another Thunder, but not towards the Pokemon. Yet.

Name: Smugleaf
Species: Serperior
Shiny: nope
Appearance (Anything different?): Always keeps herself preened and proper-looking, making sure she stays presentable even in the toughest of times.
Personality: Smugleaf, as her name suggests, is prideful, and hates anyone who looks a mess. She likes everything to be a certain way, and will fly into a rage if any of her preset rules are broken. She knows the numbers of these rules she has set as a standard and will accuse people who don't even know of them of seriously breaking them.
Best traits: Beautiful, Polite (though will be very vicious if need be)
Insane: Slightly.

BIC: "Rule number 3, always stay quiet when Smugleaf is getting her beauty sleep!" the Serperior tutted upon hearing the commotion nearby. Perhaps a little less subtly as she could have done, Smugleaf poked her head out of the tree she was looking down from. There, right in front of her, stood a Luxray raging at some smaller Pokemon she didn't recognise. She had seen this Luxray prowling around from time to time, but she had assumed he hadn't seen her, as she hadn't had any run-ins with him. She stayed where she was, hoping that no one would scent her.

Suddenly, another voice speaks up from behind him. He jumps, once again, from the abruptness of the voice, and froze in fear. He slowly turns around, and his heart nearly stops when he sees a menacing Luxray right behind him... looking at him.... snarling at him.... threatening him. He nearly faints, however, at the second thunderclap.

"U- U- Um....." Ryu stuttered, unable to move, or speak from the pure terror, from the Luxray, that has engulfed him. "U- Um.... I- I...." He miraculously gains the strength to turn towards the Luxray, but the look in the Luxray's eyes... it spoke that of insanity and harmful thoughts. The evil glare the Luxray was shooting him deemed Ryu unable to look him in the eyes, as it could mean anything: respect... dominance... a threat...

"I- I'm... R- Ryu...." He stated nervously, fearing for his life during every moment he sat there in front of the predator.

"Oh, hey." Beep's reactions to bad things, usually aren't that good. "How's it goin'?" Beep was always this casual, which surprised people. A lot. He switched to a darker green, before noticing a serpent-like shadow poke its head out of a nearby tree. To that, he used Grassy Terrain to make some Sansevieria trifasciata appear, as some snakes really don't like them. For some reason. He also grew some catnip behind his back, just in case.

(I can't help but love Smugleaf's personality XD)

Shockwave growled, his eyes filled with menace. Insane thoughts raced through his head, many of them filled with harm and destruction. "Why are you in our land?" His claws unsheathed, revealing incredibly sharp white claws. Then he caught scent of another Pokemon. He whipped his head around and saw a Serperior, who he was pretty sure he had seen once or twice but never interfered. "I suppose you are here for a reason?" He snapped at Smugleaf. His fangs were bared and he was ready to take on anyone who was a threat.

(aah thank you!! :3)

When the Swadloon- casual as it was- grew the strange plant around him, she found herself recoiling at the scent of it. "Disgusting," exclaimed the Serperior, turning her nose up. As she had feared, the Luxray swung around to look at her, and the slender creature pulled away further. "I was sleeping, but you rowdy lot broke rule #3, and I am certainly not having that." she hissed at the Luxray, not showing fear of him. Blinded by pride, she was convinced she would be able to defeat him- though in reality, she was a bit of a coward.

(No problem ^^)

"Is that a challenge?" Shockwave hissed back. "We can have a duel if you want, but you'll regret it." He spat. He raised his tail in threat, challenging the ignorant Serperior. His claws were still unsheathed, and they were itching to claw something.

Kill
Kill
Kill

Voices in his head rung. Without thinking, he lunged at Smugleaf, his claws clawing at her.

(Holy Mewtwo this just got real)

Swift as she was, Smugleaf managed to dodge the Luxray's unsheathed claws, and- her red eyes wide- she attempted to use Leaf Blade to fend him off. The serpent Pokémon threw the lead blade at the Luxray and then swiftly jumped away into he density of the forest, being a coward as she always was- though refused to admit.

(I'm going to sleep now- will reply in the morning!)

Shockwave shocked the Leaf Blade into smithereens with a single Thunder, a powerful bolt of lightning burning it to a crisp. He growled as Smugleaf vanished into the density of the forest. But that wouldn't stop him. He raced off after her, the voices in his head ringing louder than ever.

Kill
Kill
Kill
Kill
Kill
Kill

He followed the scent trail, hoping to find the cowardly Serperior and teach her what was best for her.

(Okay, bye!)

Ryu shivered in place, taking note of the malicious tone of the Luxray's voice. "I- I d- don't know, s- sir....!" He started to tear up a bit, not daring to ask what he meant by "our land." [Insert more thoughts and details here.]

However, upon watching the Luxray chase the Serperior away, he remains where he was. "U- Um..... o- okay.....?" He was still frozen in fear, moving only to look back at what he believed was a talking rock.

Shockwave didn't want to give up, but he decided to stop because the Serperior was probably camouflaging for something. He turned around and charged back to the two stranger Pokemon. "Now, do you have a reason why you are here?" He demanded. "Us forest Pokemon don't have time to deal with spies and such." He growled.

He jumps at the booming voice that resumed in front of him. He quickly turns around and looks fearfully at him. "N- No, s- sir... I- I j- just woke up h- here.... also, I- I'm not a spy...!" He stutters, upset at how the Luxray believed Ryu was a spy. With that, he practically lowers his head in defeat, beginning to cry. "P- Please.... don't kill me..."

Last edited:
"Welp. That was a failed distraction." Beep said to no one in particular. He turned to the Luxray, and said: "Look man. This little friend is clearly not up to anything. I mean, look at him! He's shaking in his boots! That wouldn't be a fair fight, would it?" Beep slightly turned around, as if to tell Ryu to go along with it. "You wouldn't want to give a new pal a bad first impression, would you?"

(Is it alright if I add another character?)

(Yeah, you can add another one. I will, too)

"Who said I wanted to be his 'pal'?" Shockwave growled to Beep. He looked at Ryu with his piercing gaze. He saw that Ryu was practically about to cry, and was shaking pretty badly. "Fine. Stay if you want. But if I find out you are up to something, you are going to seriously wish you hadn't met me." He growled before turning and storming off, each step making him angrier the moment.

After hearing those words, he falls to the ground on his stomach with a relieved sigh... although, he was still sniffling. "Th- Thank y- you...."
(Darn, I can't think of anything more to add ;3; )

(It's fine ^^)

Name: Scythe
Species: Liepard
Shiny: Nah dude
Appearance (Anything different?): Has to look absolutely perfect or she will throw a hissy fit or get super mad. She has a small black ribbon on her front right wrist.
Personality: Can be mean when needed, not very stuck-up like some Liepard, all in 'the know', sometimes helpful and friendly.
Best traits: Intelligent, good fighter, very quick
Insane: Mostly (Part of her brain isn't, but a lot is) (Personality wise)

Scythe stretched in the daylight. Who was being so noisy? "Ugh. More Pokemon making noise." She growled to herself. She got up and stretched once more, than jumped down out of the tree she slept in. Scythe padded through a bush and saw Shockwave storming away. "Well, someone's not having a good day." She laughed to herself. Then she kept venturing off to where the noise was and found Beep, whom she didn't talk to much but knew, and a strange Riolu. That made her fur fluff up in a slight threat, but alarm as well. "Why is there a strange Pokemon here?" She hissed to Beep. Her voice wasn't threatening yet, but she wasn't about this strange Riolu. She also wasn't too fond of being woken up during her beauty sleep.

Last edited:
"This guy.. was probably just, just passing through. Right, R-" Beep tried to say, as he was interrupted by Bonnie.

name: Bonnie
species: Lopunny
shiny: Yeah actually. First shiny.
appearance (anything different?): Other than being shiny, Bonnie sports brass knuckles.
personality: Bonnie is a tomboy, ready to beat down anyone who opposes her. She's very close to Beep, pretty much raising him since he was level 7. They're more friends than parent and child, though. Although Binnie wears brass knuckles, she prefers to kick things. Beep is one of the few creature capable of calming her down, the others being her parents, and her kicks.
best traits: Toughie.
insane: uhhhh. I would say no, but I'm not sure.

"BEEP! I'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT!" Bonnie yelled through the forest, sprinting through the trees. She leaped towards Beep, her leg out. The leg slapped against the side of Beep's face, sending him barreling towards the trunk of a tree. he stood back up, wiped her hands on her legs and said "Where the heck did you put my god dang knuckles? I need those!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Beep slammed against the base of the tree, and two bronze-colored things fell out of Beep's cloak. "I was just... borrowing them. I was gonna polish them near the river, I swear." Beep said, in his most casual tone.
"Sure you did, Beep. Now give me those back." Bonnie replied, before noticing two other 'mon beside her. She whipped around in a battle stance, and asked: "What were you doing to Beep?" Beep tried to answer, but she shushed him before he could even get a word out. "This is an adult conversation, sweetie." She told him in a mocking tone.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Name: Pollen
Species: Butterfree (Not Shiny)
Appearance (Anything different?): Small pink ribbon around his neck.
Personality: Shy, but very kind, and very forgiving. However, Pollen is also very weak.
Best traits: Uhhh... He can fly, I guess.
Insane: Nope.

~~~~

Pollen was flying around the forest holding a Sitrus berry. As he was flying, he noticed a group of Pokemon all seeming to be doing separate things. He didn't want to be noticed as he flew down to a nearby tree branch and looked over the clearing, watching to see what was going on. He then proceeded to slip, and fall off the branch, and crashing into the ground as he couldn't start flying in time. He wasn't hurt too badly, but he was scared that someone would come talk to him. Pollen had an extreme phobia of conversations, and was shy in general. He picked up the Sitrus berry and sighed. He walked out into the open, sat down, and started to eat the berry he had saved.

Last edited:
Ryu jumped at the screaming, and turned around towards beep, but only to find out that he'd been kicked into the tree by a Lopunny. He trembles in fear, backing away a bit, before the Lopunny addressed him. He lowered his head onto the ground. "I- I wasn't doing anything to h- him! Honest!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Pollen could see fighting off into the distance. "What the..." He flew over to where everyone was. Sometimes when Pollen had to defend someone, he gets a boost of adrenaline that isn't always the best for him. He flew closer to see a Riolu being kicked. It looked like the Lopunny next to him did it. He closer and turned to the Lopunny. "W-what a-a-are you d-doing to that R-riolu?" He said nervously in a soft tone.

Bonnie resumed a normal stance. This kid's a wimp! He couldn't have done anything to Beep. Bonnie eyed the riolu carefully, before deciding "You're too weak." to herself.
"See, BonBon? Ryu is friend, not foe." Beep told Bonnie. Protective as always. Beep thought. He heard the butterfree behind him, as Bonnie did too. They both turned around and said "It's nothing." in unison, with Beep adding a mocking tone. Bonnie noticed the tone, picked Beep up, and started shaking him jokingly. "B-b-bonB-b-bon, c-c-c-ome o-o-on," Beep s-s-said, being put down. He turned to Ryu, and asked: "What are you even doing here, anyway?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, okay." Pollen stopped flying and stood on the ground. Pollen fidgeted with the grass, nervously. "I j-just t-think that no-one s-should be hurt for no reason." Pollen felt afraid of the Lopunny, but he felt brave to stand up to her, even though Pollen was doing absolutely nothing.

Ryu looks up at the Swadloon, and resumes a sitting position, wiping his face with an arm. "I- I d- don't know... I- I j- just woke up h- here..." He stuttered, afraid to pieces of the Lopunny and any other Pokemon who seemed a threat. Because of this, however, he failed to notice the Butterfree in the vicinity.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Pollen started flying again. He turned to the Riolu. "Are y-you okay?" Pollen said in soft, and reassuring tone. "You d-don't seem v-very well." Pollen seemed to have forgotten that he was scared to death of talking to people.

Ryu jumps at the sudden voice beside him. He turns to the butterfree, and jumps back cowardly, seeming to be afraid of this bug-type. "G- Get away from me!!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, I'm sorry." Pollen realized that he could've spooked the Riolu. Pollen flew a bit back and landed back on the ground. Pollen felt a bit bad, as he picked the grass. "I didn't mean to surprise you."

Scythe cleaned her fur as the Lopunny kicked Beep. She grew a little angry, and set off her anger out towards towards Bonnie. "What were we doing? You just ruined my fur with all of that dust you kicked up!" She hissed. She arched her back and growled, than noticed the Butterfree Ryu seemed to be scared by. As always, her mood changed. "Oh, who are you?" She asked Pollen, seeming to be friendly. While waiting for an answer, she sat down and examined the small back ribbon neatly tied around her right wrist.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Pollen turned to see the Liepard. "Oh, hello." Pollen said softly, but happily. He fidgeted with the pink ribbon around his neck. "My name is Pollen." Pollen seemed to have a lot more confidence now than he had in a while. He didn't usually enjoy talking with others.

Scythe flicked her ear. "I'm Scythe. Just remember.. don't get me dirty or make me look not-perfect. Then maybe we could be friends." She purred. Although she had some humor and her voice, she was serious as well. She could absolutely not have herself looking imperfect, or being dirty. That was a no-no. But she kept a smile on her face and a slight glimmer in her eyes that seemed half humor and half intimidation.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay." Pollen chirped, all though he didn't understand why some Pokemon cared so much about what they looked like. Pollen didn't really care what he looked like, he just wore a Pink ribbon around his neck because it reminds him of when he was younger.

Scythe licked her paw, swiping it over her ear once more, than stood up. "Want to come pick berries?" She offered to Pollen. For some strange reason she was being friendly at this moment, but even she didn't know why but didn't put in an effort to change her mood-- maybe it would help to keep her fur clean.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Sure." Pollen nodded, and started flying again. He had just eaten, but his tiny little body needed more energy, so he was very hungry. "That would sound nice."

Scythe followed the Butterfree, waving her tail in the air as she strutted under the treetops. She kept scenting the air for berries, better yet berry trees. She glanced up a couple of times to make sure Pollen was still above, keeping pace. She saw an Oran bush up ahead, and trotted over to it. She picked off a blue berry and tossed it up to Pollen. She picked her own, beginning to eat it, as well as trying to keep herself clean while eating it.

Name: Slate
Species: Zoroark
Appearance (Anything Different?): He has bandages surrounding his hands, and a long scar coming down his left eye.
Personality: Slate dosen't talk much, and likes to keep things to himself. He might seem like a cold, hollow, emotionless guy but can be a sweetheart to his friends and his 'Special' someone. ;)
Best Traits: Swift with a pair of very sharp claws
Insane: If you get on his bad side...
----------------------------------------------------
Slate walked alone an area surrounded by berry bushes and trees with lush shrubbery, this place was his territory. He sniffed the air, checking for the scents of any intruders trespassing his territory. He caught the scent of two pokemon on his area and followed the scent cautiously. He spotted a Liepard and a Butterfree feasting on some blue berries from HIS bush. A quiet growl was made from Slate before he quickly hid behind a large tree. He investigated the area, seeing if there were any more pokemon joining them.

The coast was clear and he crept behind a few more bushes until he was a few feet away from the intruders. 'A little fright should should scare them away, before I have to result to violence.' He thought. He jumped out of the bush while using the move Scaryface, and a mysterious purple fog surrounded his head as his eyes turned into a glowing red and his jaw appearing much more bigger with sharper teeth, only caused by a harmless illusion.